PDA

View Full Version : Week 13: Bailtimore

PalmerToCJ
11-25-2008, 12:01 PM
Well, our misery is close to ending. I hope Fitzpatrick writes out his will before Sunday just in case, he's going to get destroyed.

I see this one as yet another game where the defense provides what we need to win and the offense does absolutely nothing.

BengalMedic
11-25-2008, 02:13 PM
I will say it again for this game...

Hopefully we see some consistent play form our rookies and the injuries end at some point in time. Is Collins getting the start again ?? I hope he is and hope he has another solid game for the o-line. WHO THE HELL IS GOING TO START ON THE D-LINE ?? Holy God, everyone's on IR... I want to see Sims and Caldwell keep playing well to and maybe we get our first look at Shirley.

Bengals78
11-25-2008, 03:19 PM
With all the injuries especially at DE, along with lack of pass rush, I'm becoming more and more interested in drafting Orakpo with our pick.

themaninblack
11-25-2008, 08:14 PM
I bet we'll see Jason Shirley this Sunday and I hope he can at least show a little bit. Not expecting much but if he makes a few plays it will be nice.

Anthony Collins is probably gonna start at LT for the rest of the season from what I've read. Hopefully he can continue to build upon his early success.

PalmerToCJ
11-25-2008, 09:47 PM
With all the injuries especially at DE, along with lack of pass rush, I'm becoming more and more interested in drafting Orakpo with our pick.

Agreed. I mean we've got nobody for DE this week.

I'll be watching the TV and blindly cheering them on like always, nothing else we can do.

I wish Dhani was younger, I'm impressed with him this season he's exceeded my expectations.

hobbes2053
11-25-2008, 11:24 PM
I hope to god we get Orapko. He is exactly what we need.

Bengals78
11-30-2008, 02:30 PM
We need a pass rush more than anything right now. Well, except maybe a good medical staff that helps prevent injuries. There has to be something to that. Do we really just have that bad of luck or does our training staff just not do enough in the way of injury prevention? Not enough stretching? Practice conditions? Anything? (Im not referring to injuries like Rivers'. More like the ones with a new injury every week during practice.)

We should really work on trading Chad and getting another first rounder. Our best bet would be to trade our top 3 pick for a top 10 pick and another 2nd rounder, pick up possiblely another 1st through a Chad trade and drafting Orakpo then Mack in round 1. Then in round 2, go OT and ILB

themaninblack
11-30-2008, 03:42 PM
Well when JT is playing DE, you know you are screwed.

Didn't get to see the game today fortunately but it looked pretty embarrassing. I just want some info on how the younger guys looked and if Jerome or Jason Shirley got many reps. Anthony Collins?

Bengals78
11-30-2008, 11:07 PM
Jerome was in at the end of the game when Jordan Palmer was in (threw a pick). Didn't do anything.

Shirley got a few reps. Didnt look overly impressive but given it was his first time getting what appeared to be significant PT. Sims looked great. Was probably our surest tackler today. Decent penetration in the middle.

Collins (the rest of the line too) looked like pure garbage. The left side got eaten up. So did the right side.

themaninblack
11-30-2008, 11:51 PM
My dad said Collins was the only one that even looked respectable today. I tend to hold his opinion in high regard as he was a football player for 20+ years so I'll give him the benefit of the doubt.

Not saying he was good but I'm going to give him the benefit of the doubt for now. We were just bad overall.

Leon seems to be getting a lot of flack for what happened today but its hard to expect much from him when 1/2 of our starting secondary is there and we have even less pass rush than normal(which is still not much). I saw the big plays he "gave up" to Clayton and I will say that the one was a blatant pushoff that was not called and the other he had nice coverage but Clayton just made a play. The reverse pass was pretty terrible though, everyone bit on it.

BengalMedic
12-01-2008, 12:36 PM
Agree with the last post about Hall. BLATANT pushoff, the great catch by Clayton, and one horrendous play on the reverse. Hall has had a better year than most thought he was going to have, especially when you consider we have NO pass rush !!!

Bengals78
12-01-2008, 01:33 PM
I was just wondering where the safety was on some of those big plays.
Ill believe you when you say Collins wasn't personally that bad but it was so hard to tell when the majority of the line is being destroyed.

PalmerToCJ
12-01-2008, 07:56 PM
I can already see it... "Today the Bengals placed P Kyle Larson on IR with a prognosis of 'tired leg'."

This one was just dreadful to watch, I can hardly muster up the courage to talk about it.

Hall flat out got burned on the reverse-pass, this year they've been much better at not getting busted on these plays. Clayton got a nice push (and super sweet catch) on the other TD. I guess I can understand if they put Hall on a island given how good he's been this year. Easily his worst game in an otherwise great season.

Bengals78
12-01-2008, 08:08 PM
Happens to everyone. He was due for a few missteps.

themaninblack
12-01-2008, 08:18 PM
If that's his worst game I'll take it any day due to the fact that we barely had a true DE on the field and he's really a 2 corner anyway. He has stepped up tremendously this year and has played a lot more as a 1 than he otherwise would have. His performance against Plax this year was a thing of beauty. I am really confident in Hall even if yesterday seemed pretty bad on his part. Though I will continue to argue that there wasn't much he could do yet he was still providing tight coverage for the most part.