PDA

View Full Version : LaSean McCoy Returning For Jr Season

kwilk103
11-25-2008, 01:27 PM
he went prep, so he could come back

he would be the 2nd or 3rd back taken (i think; wells/moreno/him)

i think it's a bad decision; he already has a serious leg injury, who's to say he doesnt re-injury it

thoughts?

http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/08330/930629-142.stm

badgerbacker
11-25-2008, 01:54 PM
As Scott has said many, many times... Nearly every underclassman claims he is coming back at this point in the season. Not calling McCoy a liar, but we'll see how he's feeling when the season is over.

CashmoneyDrew
11-25-2008, 02:08 PM
He'll change his mind.

Scotty D
11-25-2008, 02:09 PM
This is a pretty weak senior class of RBs. He should wait to see what Juniors declare.

Scott Wright
11-25-2008, 02:12 PM
I have heard he is VERY seriously considering leaving.

Don't listen to anything underclassmen say this time of the year.

regoob2
11-25-2008, 02:54 PM
IMO every RB who is a day 1 pick should come out. They have a very short shelf life and no point in wasting your time playing for free.

kwilk103
11-25-2008, 03:04 PM
forgot to add there was an earlier article that said he was leaving

probably released a statement to kill any rumors

Menardo75
11-25-2008, 04:11 PM
Would not suprise me if he leaves it would be a smart decision.

kwilk103
11-25-2008, 05:20 PM
hes a top 3 back? i know before the season he was, but i dont know much about greene and others

i know wells is above him and moreno, but i dont know about spiller, brown and greene

Turtlepower
11-25-2008, 05:25 PM
Anyone remember Kevin Smith saying on TV that he was returning to UCF...

SMoore
11-25-2008, 05:25 PM
I like him better than Moreno. And Greene, Spiller, and all the guys in that tier of RBs.

Cigaro
11-25-2008, 05:27 PM
I actually like this decision. He likely won't play much better next year, but because a lot of backs are expected to come out this year, his stock will still rise.

Bruce Banner
11-25-2008, 05:28 PM
With a rookie cap structure on the horizon (IMO) I think most guys with first/second round potential should leave ASAP.

BuddyCHRIST
11-25-2008, 05:59 PM
IMO every RB who is a day 1 pick should come out. They have a very short shelf life and no point in wasting your time playing for free.

Completely agree, not much you learn in college that he hasn't already learned that would prepare him for the NFL. Just more carries and wear on the body.

katnip
11-25-2008, 06:20 PM
No.. This is a mistake

Smokey Joe
11-25-2008, 07:55 PM
Can't blame a guy who doesn't feel he is ready and doesn't want to leave college just yet. I have no reason to believe he is not being honest right now, but in a couple of months, something might happen to change his mind. Between now and the deadline for declaring, that is a lot of time to spend thinking.

SenorGato
11-25-2008, 08:01 PM
I hope he doesn't. He's the best pure RB in this class IMO. I'm not even sure people realize how good this guy is yet...but thats why this is just the early part of the draft season.

Smokey Joe
11-25-2008, 08:08 PM
I forgot to mention, if he does stay for another year, he could raise his stock, and become potentially a top 5-10 pick, IMO. This year, I think he would be at beast in the 10-15 range, but more likely in the 15-20 range.

ElectricEye
11-25-2008, 09:28 PM
He'll leave. I'm like...almost completely sure about this. It would be nice for the program if he stayed, but he's going to have a hard time turning down being potentially the second back selected.

I actually think it could be rougher on him if he doesn't come out. Right from the start, I would personally put him behind Jonathan Dwyer and DeMarco Murray. Graig Cooper has the potential to steal a bit of his thunder as well.

STARHEATHER
11-25-2008, 09:38 PM
i jst think once workouts came he was going to be subpar. he could come out, but i dont see his workouts helping vs the competition. he needs to get bigger and become more of a power runner and hope he doesnt get too beat up. he has a chance but he needs to be a bigger back because physically hes inferior to nfl level. ive seen the man break one tackle all year in quite a few games. hes one of those guys like beanie wells and moreno that look great when ho one touches them. get hands on them and they go down. and he doesnt have value added skills or the speed to outrun nfl defenders. it would be bright for him to go back. i dont see why hes a higher pick than ray rice or steve slaton same production same competition. and hes slower than they are

ElectricEye
11-25-2008, 09:43 PM
He has the speed to outrun NFL defenders. Read any scouting report on him or watch any game he's played in college and you'll see that. He's going to get bigger and be a more complete back, but he's not going to be a power back. That would be unequivocally and completely unjustifiably ********. He's a shifty guy with speed. If he tried to be a power back it would be a complete waste of talent. That's like saying Calvin Johnson should play tight end.

STARHEATHER
11-25-2008, 09:51 PM
im sorry but hes slow. above 4.5 is likely.if hes going to be a power back he better start breaking way more tackles. hes going to be slower than that at 205. its just not going to work. if you can tell me why hes better than slaton or rice id consider a high pick but i ust dont see the market for a rice sized guy whos slow. souns like the recipe for mike hart

ElectricEye
11-25-2008, 09:59 PM
I'm sorry, but he's not slow. Below 4.5 is almost for sure. He'll probably end up breaking more tackles, but honestly, he's fast. I'm not sure how that can get past you. The thing about Slaton and Rice is completely absurd. He's got about 3 inches on Rice and Slaton was picked much lower than he probably should have being end up picked so he's not really much of a factor in this conversation. The Mike Hart comparison is the worst you could make. He's on the complete opposite end of the spectrum. That's a fact. Not disputable. Sorry. Go home.

STARHEATHER
11-25-2008, 10:16 PM
ok so youre saying hes in the felix jones/ slaton/rice 4.45 range.i guess you can believe but i dont think so. i just dont see it. and ive seen a lot of his games. and being taller isnt really a good thing. its actually better to be more compactly built as a rb. you know lcg, harder to hit, cant find them etc etc

ElectricEye
11-25-2008, 10:19 PM
Yes. I'm saying it. I see it. I've obviously seen more of him than you have, because notice how nobody else on the planet is saying he's slow, and it doesn't mean you're right about it. Stop glorifying yourself, ect.

As far as height goes, it's not good for a runningback to be tall, but I'll take a guy that's 5'11 with a bigger frame over a guy that's 5'8 most of the time.

etk
Big mistake if he returns to school. Pitt relies on him too much and he has some bad habits as a runner that I assume they taught him/haven't corrected. He has the talent to go pro right now as a #2 back and then start the next year with more experience. Staying at Pitt does nothing to help his Pro career.

STARHEATHER
sorry go home youre funny. like im going to be deterred by your musings that you get off your sportscenter highlights and magazines.

ElectricEye
11-25-2008, 10:21 PM
sorry go home youre funny. like im going to be deterred by your musings that you get off your sportscenter highlights and magazines.

You're the Hot Topic kid of the football world. I hope you know that.

STARHEATHER
11-25-2008, 10:22 PM
ive seen them quite a bit. you said it hes as fast as steve slaton / felix ones.

CashmoneyDrew
11-25-2008, 10:22 PM

Just because someone likes a prospect that you don't like doesn't mean they formed their opinion from sportscenter and magazines.

ElectricEye
11-25-2008, 10:25 PM
ive seen them quite a bit. you said it hes as fast as steve slaton / felix ones.

I said he'll time that way, maybe a tick slower.

You said he's as slow as Mike Hart. But nobody actually listens to what you say, so meh.

McCoy isn't that far off from Slaton speed wise. He's a step slower than Jones though.

STARHEATHER
11-25-2008, 10:27 PM
ill say hes much closer to mike hart than one would like for a smallish back. hart had a better body build and was a much tougher runner. so if hes slower than slaton/ rice/ then why is he a high pick. they had similar production. same competition

etk
11-25-2008, 10:33 PM
Wait.....I'm confused.

Are we comparing LeSean McCoy to Mike Hart? Sign of the apocalypse?

STARHEATHER
11-25-2008, 10:35 PM
i see similar abilities. just remember where you heard it first

ElectricEye
11-25-2008, 10:36 PM
Because he's not Steve Slaton or Ray Rice. He's not much slower than Slaton and he's faster than Rice, but it's pretty obvious you're going to throw one of your emo hissy fits where you refuse to listen to the consensus opinion because of the evils of conformity or some **** like that.

The only thing he has in common with Slaton and Rice is that they played in the same conference. Slaton and Rice had FAR superior offensive lines and supporting casts. LeSean McCoy is Pitt right now. His line is terrible and he's still capable of exploding for 150+ yards. He's shifty, quick, big enough, and has plenty of speed. His stock is also higher right now because he isn't going to come in at 5'8 with an ungodly amount of miles on his tires and he's yet to disappear down the stretch.

STARHEATHER
11-25-2008, 10:43 PM
rice is actually faster than slaton 4.42 4.45. you really think mccoy is faster than ray rice. the problem is your estimation of his physical ability is inflated.

ElectricEye
11-25-2008, 10:50 PM
rice is actually faster than slaton 4.42 4.45. you really think mccoy is faster than ray rice. the problem is your estimation of his physical ability is inflated.

Rice actually ran a 4.44. Slaton is a lot quicker than Rice and probably has a lot more game speed. McCoy is the the same way. Better overall speed. I don't think it's a stretch to say he can run at least 4.45.

STARHEATHER
11-25-2008, 10:52 PM
i dont think mccoy is that level of athlete. ive seen him lots. i want to like him, but i just know. not enough.

Bruce Banner
11-25-2008, 11:21 PM
i dont think mccoy is that level of athlete. ive seen him lots. i want to like him, but i just know. not enough.

but Cody can do a 360 dunk, which makes him the best athlete evar?