PDA

View Full Version : Brady Quinn Out For Year

diabsoule
11-25-2008, 09:17 PM
He broke his right index finger. I'm guessing this will just lead to the Browns getting another top 10 pick this year.

TheBuffaloBills
11-25-2008, 09:21 PM
Wow, this will get interesting. I want to see what they do in the off season.

regoob2
11-25-2008, 09:26 PM
He broke his right index finger. I'm guessing this will just lead to the Browns getting another top 5 pick this year.They could use the pick.

MetSox17
11-25-2008, 09:28 PM
Damn, sucks for the Browns. At least they have a capable guy back there, not like they'll win or anything.

aNYtitan
11-25-2008, 09:31 PM
Any link confirming this?

MetSox17
11-25-2008, 09:33 PM
http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/8850902/Sources:-Quinn-to-miss-rest-of-season

The Dynasty
11-25-2008, 09:33 PM
Any link confirming this?

http://www.profootballtalk.com/2008/11/25/quinn-out-for-the-season/

11-25-2008, 09:34 PM
I don't know if Quinn showed enough to the point you deal Anderson. He's clearly still a work in progress as you would expect but I would stick with the original plan heading into next season and wait for it to start to pay dividends.

M.O.T.H.
11-25-2008, 09:36 PM
hmm...must be real bad then. You can normally play w/ an index break.

PoopSandwich
11-25-2008, 09:37 PM
LORD DEREK ANDERSON RETURNS TO THE THRONE!!!!!!!!!!!!

I hope he tears the last few games up.

MetSox17
11-25-2008, 09:40 PM
hmm...must be real bad then. You can normally play w/ an index break.

Apparently he hurt it even more after trying to play through the pain.

aNYtitan
11-25-2008, 09:40 PM
Well at least the browns can use that top ten pick maybe top 5 to get some help on the defensive side, cause they are just awful

ElectricEye
11-25-2008, 09:49 PM
They could use the help. They're more talented than this though. I fully expect Quinn to beat out Anderson next year.

PalmerToCJ
11-25-2008, 09:53 PM
I can't believe how overrated the Browns were going into this season.

Man has the AFCN dropped in a hurry. I'm curious to see what they do with Anderson this offseason.

PoopSandwich
11-25-2008, 09:54 PM
I can't believe how overrated the Browns were going into this season.

Man has the AFCN dropped in a hurry. I'm curious to see what they do with Anderson this offseason.

We may have been overrated but we are COMPLETELY under performing this year.

ElectricEye
11-25-2008, 10:01 PM
We may have been overrated but we are COMPLETELY under performing this year.

Especially on offense. You guys should be doing so much better. Talent level is a lot better than the production indicates.

SeanTaylorRIP
11-25-2008, 10:08 PM
I can hear him right now: "Now I'm done."

bantx
11-25-2008, 10:10 PM
Rak Daddy?

TimD
11-25-2008, 10:18 PM
I don't know if Quinn showed enough to the point you deal Anderson. He's clearly still a work in progress as you would expect but I would stick with the original plan heading into next season and wait for it to start to pay dividends.

deal anderson. he's obviously no longer right for cleveland (maybe he'll prove me wrong). sign a vet who can be a capable backup in case quinn really just falls apart. but he showed potential and a willingness to work. they shouldn't be worried about him completely busting.

GB12
11-25-2008, 10:21 PM
Unless he does something these last 5 games the Browns have already moved on from Anderson. They made it pretty obvious they aren't going with him for the future so there's no reason to hang on to him if they can get something in a trade.

Todd Bertuzzi
11-25-2008, 10:24 PM
At least the injury to Quinn allows a chance for Anderson's trade value to come back up.

11-25-2008, 10:27 PM
Anderson's value has diminished enough where it's really more worthwhile to keep him as your insurance to Quinn than dealing him and signing a less than stellar veteran backup. Unless Anderson of course finds his form again in these last five games to bump up his stock a bit.

MetSox17
11-25-2008, 10:36 PM
Rak Daddy?

Please no. I wouldn't want him to rot away in Cleveland.

bantx
11-25-2008, 10:57 PM
If they have a Top 5 or even a Top 10 they will have the chance to get him, i dont see how cleveland will pass him up. I wouldnt want to see him there either, but it wont be like putting a QB into the offense and expect him to be a great player.

diabsoule
11-25-2008, 11:22 PM
If they have a Top 5 or even a Top 10 they will have the chance to get him, i dont see how cleveland will pass him up. I wouldnt want to see him there either, but it wont be like putting a QB into the offense and expect him to be a great player.

If Cleveland would have a top 5 pick I would have no idea who they would select. My guess would be a CB like Malcom Jenkins.

MetSox17
11-25-2008, 11:23 PM

I'd be surprised if they chose him over Malcolm Jenkins or Vontae Davis.

keylime_5
11-26-2008, 08:52 AM
We won't have a top 5 pick. We have 4 wins and have a couple winnable games left, notably at home vs Cincy. To get a top 5 pick we'd have to lose out or San Fransisco, Seattle, St.Louis, and Oakland would have to win 2 more. I think Cleveland will be in that 7-11 range regardless. It's not like we're much better or worse with Anderson in there than we are with Quinn anyways. It's not like we're starting Ken Dorsey.

But to play along, if we did by some chance end up with the top 5 pick, then we'd be too high to get an ILB which is really what we need most, so we'd probably go for an outside pass rusher or Malcolm Jenkins or Michael Crabtree. I'd say our needs are in this order: 1-OLB, 2-ILB, 3-CB, 4-WR, 5-RB

PACKmanN
11-26-2008, 08:56 AM
I guess now Quinn is injury prone, just like how Rodgers is....

But, Quinn needs more time to develop, get a cheaper vet in there until Quinn is ready and dump Anderson's salary away.

Jughead10
11-26-2008, 09:06 AM
We won't have a top 5 pick. We have 4 wins and have a couple winnable games left, notably at home vs Cincy. To get a top 5 pick we'd have to lose out or San Fransisco, Seattle, St.Louis, and Oakland would have to win 2 more. I think Cleveland will be in that 7-11 range regardless. It's not like we're much better or worse with Anderson in there than we are with Quinn anyways. It's not like we're starting Ken Dorsey.

But to play along, if we did by some chance end up with the top 5 pick, then we'd be too high to get an ILB which is really what we need most, so we'd probably go for an outside pass rusher or Malcolm Jenkins or Michael Crabtree. I'd say our needs are in this order: 1-OLB, 2-ILB, 3-CB, 4-WR, 5-RB

I think it is way too early to speculate on picks. The Browns could have a totally different scheme on both offense an defense next year.

Number 10
11-26-2008, 09:12 AM
The owners of the #1 pick need a QB......

Jughead10
11-26-2008, 09:16 AM
The owners of the #1 pick need a QB......

Cassell will be available. If McDaniels gets a job, I think Matt will follow him.

keylime_5
11-26-2008, 09:32 AM
I think it is way too early to speculate on picks. The Browns could have a totally different scheme on both offense an defense next year.

yeah, but they'll need a DE either way if not an OLB, and a MLB and SLB if not an ILB. The thing that could change the needs and picks a lot more so than a change of scheme is free agency.

TitleTown088
11-26-2008, 11:26 AM
I haven't had much of a chance to see Cleveland play this season. How has Corey Williams been?

Gay Ork Wang
11-26-2008, 12:22 PM
How would they get Top5? ST.L, Bengals, Lions, Chiefs, Seahawks will pick before them maybe even the raiders

PACKmanN
11-26-2008, 12:38 PM
I haven't had much of a chance to see Cleveland play this season. How has Corey Williams been?

with what i read on the forums, we got a steal and corey hasn't been the same.

diabsoule
11-26-2008, 12:40 PM
How would they get Top5? ST.L, Bengals, Lions, Chiefs, Seahawks will pick before them maybe even the raiders

Ah ****, I was hoping no one would notice but congrats to you, Renji. You get a gold star. You and your Germanic-Asian anal retentiveness noticed that there was no way the Browns could get a top 5 pick. Thanks for being nit-picky. Here's a gold star:

http://i110.photobucket.com/albums/n87/HeatherAziere/GoldStar.gif

Gay Ork Wang
11-26-2008, 12:51 PM
Ah ****, I was hoping no one would notice but congrats to you, Renji. You get a gold star. You and your Germanic-Asian anal retentiveness noticed that there was no way the Browns could get a top 5 pick. Thanks for being nit-picky. Here's a gold star:

http://i110.photobucket.com/albums/n87/HeatherAziere/GoldStar.gif
hey ur almost funny. good job wasting ur time on discussing an idiotic idea. I guess people cant expect more from you.

PoopSandwich
11-26-2008, 01:12 PM

Eh... Corey hasn't been bad, you gotta understand the only other player in our front 7 thats worth a damn is Shaun Rogers, and we have no pass rusher on this team at all, not to mention Corey isn't used to a 3-4...

When we switch to a 4-3 next year he should be fine.

ChezPower4
11-26-2008, 01:27 PM

I doubt a top 5 pick but a top 10 is very possable

Menardo75
11-26-2008, 03:57 PM
I still don't think DA will get his job back no matter how well he plays.

TitleTown088
11-26-2008, 06:36 PM
Depends, neither one of the players the Packers got in exchange has done squat yet.

GB12
11-26-2008, 06:40 PM
Depends, neither one of the players the Packers got in exchange has done squat yet.
Neither? We traded him for a second that we used on Brian Brohm.