PDA

View Full Version : LeSean McCoy, Demarco Murray, or Graig Cooper... ??

katnip
11-25-2008, 09:42 PM
First off. I only get to see a few 'Canes games since I live in crappy New England. And I've seen each a few times. Persoonally I'd take Murray > Cooper > McCoy... Yea, call me crazy (I'm a 'Canes fan). But which is a better prospect and which do you guys think will be a better NFL prospect? I picked speedy backs.

Personally I think all will make impacts in the NFL. Just wanting some insight.

edit - I'm hoping all 3 come out

ElectricEye
11-25-2008, 09:46 PM
First off. I only get to see a few 'Canes games since I live in crappy New England. And I've seen each a few times. Persoonally I'd take Murray > Cooper > McCoy... Yea, call me crazy (I'm a 'Canes fan). But which is a better prospect and which do you guys think will be a better NFL prospect? I picked speedy backs.

Personally I think all will make impacts in the NFL. Just wanting some insight.

I would take Murray over all of them, but Cooper and McCoy are at the same level IMO. McCoy is further along as a prospect and there's more to like because of his production, but they're really similar backs. If both were to come back next year, and I really don't think McCoy will, Cooper would have a chance to get to his level as a prospect.

kwilk103
11-25-2008, 10:10 PM
isnt cooper the reason mccoys at pitt?

cooper beat out mccoy at prep school

etk
11-25-2008, 10:17 PM
Yes Cooper did start over McCoy at Milford Pred. McCoy was banged up but still....

I'd put Cooper and McCoy in a tie for 1st with Murray last by a small amount. They're all late 1st talents with individual weaknesses...take your pick. Cooper has improved his inside running and he runs like Portis now, quick and good at avoiding contact...but his vision sucks in the open field. We always break him loose and he runs right into defenders. McCoy has the size and feet but dances too much. He could be a more athletic Matt Forte but he doesn't hit the hole hard enough. Good coaching would make him a solid back. I don't think Murray's well suited for the NFL....his running style ticks me off, however I said similar things about Felix Jones and he was doing well prior to the injury.

fenikz
11-25-2008, 10:22 PM
Cooper would put up the same numbers in the big east as McCoy but I would take both of them over Murray

etk
11-25-2008, 10:27 PM
Cooper would be putting up big numbers if our offense had a ******* identity. He wouldn't be as effective in Pitt's offense, but he'd be dynamite on USF or WVU.

fenikz
11-25-2008, 10:28 PM
Well ya thats what i ment, ACC is a very defensive conference right now

ElectricEye
11-25-2008, 10:30 PM
Cooper would be absolutely ridiculous in West Virginia's offense. Most runningbacks would, but I think an option style offense would fit his talents extremely well.

Cigaro
11-26-2008, 08:54 AM
If Murray's performance against Texas Tech wasn't an aberration, then him, McCoy, then Cooper.

SenorGato
11-26-2008, 02:22 PM
McCoy, Cooper, Murray.

They're all similarly talented and probably can all fill out to the same kind of size anyway...McCoy is ahead of both developmentally.

Murray's got some injury problems, and he's the smallest of all of them...but even then the gap between them isn't huge.

AkiliSmith
11-26-2008, 02:28 PM
I hope all of the underclassmen running backs declare so the Bengals can get one. I don't think McCoy will be there at the beginning of round 2 but either Murray or Cooper would make me happy.

Texas Homer
12-01-2008, 01:08 AM
I'll take McCoy.

SuperKevin
12-01-2008, 02:48 AM
I'm taking LeSean McCoy. He provides a lot more big play ability. It's not a huge margin over the other two though

sbh15
12-01-2008, 08:38 AM
I'd take McCoy. He's got the size and ability to be a featured NFL back. Murray is shifty and great out of the backfield, but probably couldn't be a 300+ carry kind of guy. I haven't heard much about Greg Cooper production-wise (probably because Miami is pretty bad this season), but I do know he's talented.

jnew76
12-01-2008, 12:30 PM
Early last year I would have taken Murray, but I still don't see the incredible cutting ability and explosion he had before being injured last year. It might still end up being Murray, but right now it is McCoy, followed in a dead heat by Cooper and Murray.

Larry121283
12-01-2008, 02:20 PM
McCoy, Murray, Cooper, in that order.

Cooper started over McCoy because McCoy was still coming along on his injury he suffered during his senior year. Nothing more, nothing less. McCoy was a more talented player and if he was healthy would have started over Coop.

Coop is a good player. Hard working. Dedicated. Plays with a chip on his shoulder. But he lacks some things that make him a player on the level of Murray and Shady. He doesn't have their long speed and he stops at the point of contact.

Mr. Stiller
12-01-2008, 05:31 PM
I heard from a friend that McCoy is not even really considering the draft.

I've also heard that Stafford and Moreno are as good as gone.

etk
12-01-2008, 10:39 PM
McCoy, Murray, Cooper, in that order.

Cooper started over McCoy because McCoy was still coming along on his injury he suffered during his senior year. Nothing more, nothing less. McCoy was a more talented player and if he was healthy would have started over Coop.

Coop is a good player. Hard working. Dedicated. Plays with a chip on his shoulder. But he lacks some things that make him a player on the level of Murray and Shady. He doesn't have their long speed and he stops at the point of contact.

That's a HUGE issue right now for Coop. The long speed is something that isn't very significant, but the day Graig learns to trust his vision and run aggressively is the day he becomes a complete, effective back. Our coaches need to show him some old Cadillac Williams Auburn highlight videos.

LonghornsLegend
12-02-2008, 04:40 PM
Yes Cooper did start over McCoy at Milford Pred. McCoy was banged up but still....

I'd put Cooper and McCoy in a tie for 1st with Murray last by a small amount. They're all late 1st talents with individual weaknesses...take your pick. Cooper has improved his inside running and he runs like Portis now, quick and good at avoiding contact...but his vision sucks in the open field. We always break him loose and he runs right into defenders. McCoy has the size and feet but dances too much. He could be a more athletic Matt Forte but he doesn't hit the hole hard enough. Good coaching would make him a solid back. I don't think Murray's well suited for the NFL....his running style ticks me off, however I said similar things about Felix Jones and he was doing well prior to the injury.

What don't you like about Murray's running style? That's actually one of my favorite aspects of his game...I didn't have a problem with Felix Jones running style as much as I did his open field speed, I saw him get caught from behind too many times for my taste especially in comparison to Chris Johnson, but Felix like Murray can find the crease in the defense, plant and get up field...Murray is going to be a good NFL back and the highest ceiling for me, he's an explosive back with great vision and cut back ability.