PDA

View Full Version : MiQuale Lewis, RB, Ball State

JLaw45
11-26-2008, 10:33 PM
We've talked a lot about Nate Davis, Ball State's QB, but I think its fair to say that MiQuale Lewis is as big a part of their success as Davis. He has 1570 yards rushing this season to go along with 20 touchdowns.

He is very small, only measuring in at 5'6" and 184. What do you all think about his potential in the league as a returner/change of pace back? Maybe a Darren Sproles type? NFL Draftscout says he's got around a 4.47 forty, which is what Sproles ran at the combine. Would that comparison fit, and if so, would he be draftable next year?

STARHEATHER
11-26-2008, 10:42 PM
this guys is better than nate davis. kind of a smaller mjd type. i dont know about a high pick, but hes a nice runner. i like his body build. i think hes ust as important to their success as davis. hes been unstoppable in both games i saw. nice.

iBoldin
11-26-2008, 11:26 PM
I think the reason he gets all of those numbers, and I have seen him play a couple times, is the weaker teams are afraid so much of Nate Davis destroying them, that he gets some very nice lanes and gaps. I also like him though.

Iamcanadian
11-27-2008, 06:44 AM
Ball St. has 3 OLmen with pro potential, not high picks but pretty solid guys. They do an excellent job for both Davis and their RB.
However Davis is special and the next in a long line of MAC QB's, IMO. Their RB has a shot as a KR.

STARHEATHER
11-27-2008, 11:02 AM
well maybe at the college level. theres no line of great mac qbs. theres only one great mac qb and a couple other guys who are average to below average nfl qbs. in watching the games it seemed to me at least that theyre run game was much better than the pass game. not to turn this into a nate davis thread but theres just no chance for that guy. hes a shaun king type. lewis may actually be bigger than advertised, i like his shiftiness and body build and has good speed. i dont think hes a first tier stud but if he can show some value added skills he may be worthy of a mid rds pick

Staubach12
11-27-2008, 11:54 AM
MiQuale Lewis will have success in the NFL as a kick returner, however, I don't think he'll be able to be a big time runner in the NFL. Maybe Sproles, but I don't quite see that either.

I agree with iBolden that a lot of times, Lewis is able to beat defenses because players are scared of being beat by Nate Davis, so they're quick to abandon their lanes. So the numbers probably look better for him that his play will when you look at how defenses are playing him.