PDA

View Full Version : Robert Griffin

illmatic74
11-26-2008, 11:48 PM
The Freshman QB from Baylor. I have seen some highlights and I know about him being All-Confrence from Track. But how is his passing skills? His arm strength, release, mechanics and all that.

holt_bruce81
11-27-2008, 12:00 AM
Reminds me of Brad Smith.

SuperKevin
11-27-2008, 02:00 AM
This thread more than just a little early.

It's really hard to project anything about Griffin. Right now his passing is nowhere near NFL ready.

illmatic74
11-27-2008, 02:08 AM
This thread more than just a little early.

It's really hard to project anything about Griffin. Right now his passing is nowhere near NFL ready.Just want to know his arm strength and release.

ElectricEye
11-27-2008, 08:29 AM
His arm is pretty strong and his release is alright. He's an elite level athlete. He's not there as a passer yet, but from what I've seen he has some legitimate potential there. His potential is really pretty damned good, and he's showing a lot more polish as a passer than most guys with his kind of athletic ability(takes care of the ball well too)...but it's kinda too early for this. He does kinda look like Brad Smith. He's more polished early on than Smith was, and he looks like he can progress past Smith as a passer IMO. Too early to say much of anything besides that I'm pretty impressed with what he's done thus far.

Cigaro
11-27-2008, 09:00 AM
I can't remember any specifics about him, since the last time I watched a good bit of him was about two months ago(whenever they played Oklahoma), but he's a much, much better runner than passer at this point.

Brent
11-27-2008, 09:06 AM
Reminds me of Brad Smith.
Same here. When I saw him play this year it was like watching the same player. I would say that Robert is a better passer (compared to B-Smith at this point) but not as strong a runner.

jballa838
11-29-2008, 10:41 PM
Ceiling: Michael Vick
Floor: Randel El.
He has the athleticism and size to be a great WR, but if he can continue improving his arm, he may not switch to WR in the Pro's. He is incredibly efficient already so I see a lot of comparatives to Vick.

sbh15
11-29-2008, 10:47 PM
Longest streak to start a career without an INT.

He's a true freshman. It's a shame he's at Baylor, the kid could win a Heisman at a big time program.

Malaka
11-29-2008, 10:50 PM
I hope he does become a Michael Vick like QB, Vick was so exciting to watch I wish we had another one of him in the league, and you know what I mean not a dumbass dog killer I mean, an exciting football player like he was. I have never seen Robert Griffin so I cannot actually comment on him, but from what I have read just now he seems pretty good.

JeffSamardzijaIRISH
11-29-2008, 11:08 PM
Wow, he's only thrown ONE INT the whole season??? Not to mention the INT was a tipped pass off the WR's hands.

SeanTaylorRIP
11-30-2008, 08:32 AM
He will be a great college QB. He is a superior athletic talent and actually already has decent touch and a decent arm for a freshman. We will see what kind of pro prospect he becomes with added bulk and such. It's a shame he won't have the weapons like other Big 12 QB's.

Brent
11-30-2008, 10:40 AM
It's a shame he's at Baylor, the kid could win a Heisman at a big time program.
He went to Baylor so he could run track because their track program is one of the nation's best for sprints. Last spring, he entered college early and won 400m hurdles in the Big XII. And considering how high the level of talent is in Big XII track, that's a huge feat.

Smokey Joe
11-30-2008, 10:47 AM
I saw him earlier this year and was very impressed.

Also, how many Brad Smith's are out there? Every single black QB with running ability gets compared to either Brad Smith or Michael Robinson.

BBIB
12-01-2008, 11:26 AM
I saw him earlier this year and was very impressed.

Also, how many Brad Smith's are out there? Every single black QB with running ability gets compared to either Brad Smith or Michael Robinson.

Im glad someone said it before I had to.

Seriously what a ridiculous comparison. This guy is already a better passer as a True Freshman than Brad Smith ever was.

Looks like DraftScout knows what's up because for now this guy is listed as the #1 QB prospect for 2012. But obviously that is subject to change over the next 3 years. But this kid has a whole lot of potential.

It is a shame he plays for a bottom feeder team in that conference. It was something Jay Cutler as a prospect was able to overcome, but again dual threat guys are not held to the same standard.

Hopefully they put some talent around him so he can continue to display his arm and put up some solid numbers.

jnew76
12-01-2008, 12:25 PM
He is an incredible find for a program that I believe is on the rise. He is great athlete and has a nice release and solid arm strength. All depends on the work that he puts in over the next couple of years.

Is he still in the Baylor track program? If he is going to play QB in the NFL he has to make it his year round focus. Losing Jason Smith will not help, but he is the type of athlete that can survive without a great O-Line.

I think he is the most exciting QB I have seen since Vince Young. Baylor has something special in Griffin and if they put just a few pieces around him, they will win a lot of games in the future and cause a few monumental upsets in the Big 12.

illmatic74
12-01-2008, 12:41 PM
A lot of college football players also do track.