PDA

View Full Version : Dan LeFevour QB CMU

skeet3r
11-28-2008, 11:57 AM
What do you think of him as a NFL prospect? 6'3 225, he's got unreal production at the collegiate level, and hes also a good runner. He's only a junior, do you think he has a shot at getting drafted next year? I personally love the kid. What do you think his 40 time will be? I'm thinking somewhere around 4.7.

http://sports-ak.espn.go.com/ncf/player/profile?playerId=170586

CashmoneyDrew
11-28-2008, 12:02 PM
What do you think of him as a NFL prospect? 6'3 225, he's got unreal production at the collegiate level, and hes also a good runner. He's only a junior, do you think he has a shot at getting drafted next year? I personally love the kid. What do you think his 40 time will be? I'm thinking somewhere around 4.7.

http://sports-ak.espn.go.com/ncf/player/profile?playerId=170586

I think he's a poor man's Tim Tebow in college, but he'll be a way better pro prospect. He should definitely stay for his senior season though.

ThePudge
11-28-2008, 02:42 PM
He'll likely stay for his senior season, he battled injuries this season. The system he plays in allows him to be very creative. He's a good leader and game manager, but I just wish Central Michigan would take more shots deep so that he could showcase his arm. Still, he makes good reads and is surprisingly smart for a quarterback who has a good pair of wheels. A good prospect for next season.

princefielder28
11-28-2008, 02:55 PM
A Dan LeFevour Thread!!!!!! :)

Dan is a very talent young man who continues to improve as a QB. He has a running mentaility given his experience at that position growing up. He's become a much better passer since arriving at CMU. He doesn't have elite arm strength, but it's definitely strong enough for the next level.

Statistically he compares quite a bit to Florida's Tim Tebow, but I don't think they compare much as they head to the next level. LeFevour is a better passer, and as a runner I would say Dan is more elusive.

Scott Wright
11-28-2008, 03:21 PM
Potential mid-rounder in 2010.

the_legend_killer
11-28-2008, 03:54 PM
I think he'd be a really good developmental guy. I don't think he could step in and play from Day 1 (making the jump to a Spread MAC to a NFL Offense will take some time). But I'd want my team (Minnesota) to take a chance on him.

ElectricEye
11-28-2008, 09:28 PM
I think he could be a 3rd rounder next year. I was fairly impressed with what I saw with him against Ball State. I liked the way he delivered the ball and his plant was pretty good. Decent arm as well. He's not going to do much as an athlete at the next level, but he should be pretty good at stepping away from the rush and tucking it down every now and again. Lot of things not to like though. The offense he plays in is kinda death and his footwork is pretty bad. Doesn't look that accurate on the deep ball either.

illmatic74
11-28-2008, 10:00 PM
I think he could be a 3rd rounder next year. I was fairly impressed with what I saw with him against Ball State. I liked the way he delivered the ball and his plant was pretty good. Decent arm as well. He's not going to do much as an athlete at the next level, but he should be pretty good at stepping away from the rush and tucking it down every now and again. Lot of things not to like though. The offense he plays in is kinda death and his footwork is pretty bad. Doesn't look that accurate on the deep ball either.All true and his arm strength is not very good.

Iamcanadian
11-28-2008, 10:28 PM
He's nothing but a mid range prospect and will be very limited by his arm strength. QB's with weak arms rarely are kept on as developmental players.

Menardo75
11-29-2008, 03:27 AM
I love this guy too I really hope stuff works out for him.

Race for the Heisman
11-30-2008, 12:36 PM
He's got fantastic anticipation which covers up the fact that his arm is just good. To be honest, he could go higher if he came out this year rather than next, what with the relative strengths of the two classes and who may or may not declare.

Paranoidmoonduck
11-30-2008, 01:34 PM
I haven't caught any CMU football this season, but I saw a lot to like in him the last couple years. He's definitely developmental and doesn't have a rocket, but he's athletic and has a nice approach to the game.