PDA

View Full Version : Willis McGahee

Chief49er
11-28-2008, 10:48 PM
What is up with this dude? A few weeks ago he was running all over the Texans and poof!

All gone, is he injured? Is he going to play this week? Is he done with the Ravens?

He was never great but last year he looked like he was moving up.

Vox Populi
11-28-2008, 11:34 PM
God was nervous that McGahee's talents might challenge his so he got Will Allen to light up his knee. I hate Will Allen. Hes a punk. McGahee would have been like AD if it weren't for that game.

BuckNaked
11-28-2008, 11:37 PM
McGahee would have been like AD if it weren't for that game.

hahaha ok guy

Staubach12
11-28-2008, 11:57 PM
Word is he's being bothered by an ankle injury. The Ravens are having some problems at RB...

bantx
11-29-2008, 12:57 AM
Figures he's injured again.

tjsunstein
11-29-2008, 01:05 AM
What do you mean what happened to him? He's hampered by injuries just like every other year! In Buffalo he had problems with his ribs, stomach, and ankle and what not. They really didnt keep him out of games but limited him instead. He's never been completely healthy in the NFL and I don't think he ever will be. I remember someone saying something to the extent of him having stamina problems as well. Like he would do well one week then be fatigued throughout the next. He's just one of "those guys."

Hawk
11-29-2008, 01:24 AM
God was nervous that McGahee's talents might challenge his so he got Will Allen to light up his knee. I hate Will Allen. Hes a punk. McGahee would have been like AD if it weren't for that game.

He wasn't that good.

Flyboy
11-29-2008, 01:28 AM
He wasn't that good.

People underrate McGahee was a prospect pre-knee injury in the National Championship.

A Perfect Score
11-29-2008, 02:23 AM
Word is he's being bothered by an ankle injury. The Ravens are having some problems at RB...

yeah the number 3 rushing attack in the league signifies trouble at the rushing position...

he has been injured, and other guys have stepped up. McClain is having a huge year, and Ray Rice has shown flashes in Willis`s absence. so, he is now part of a rushing trio instead of a number 1 back. But he has been injured.

And he killed my fantasy team.

WMD
11-29-2008, 02:52 AM
People underrate McGahee was a prospect pre-knee injury in the National Championship.

Yeah. He suffered a torn ACL and was still drafted in the 1st Round just four months later. I don't think there's many prospects that could pull that off.

Zyro_1014
11-29-2008, 02:54 AM

i agree, i remember him that season...he was pretty damn special and when i saw him get injured in that game, it made me sick to my stomache because i knew after an injury like that he might not be the same.

Menardo75
11-29-2008, 03:00 AM
After seeing that injury I was just hoping he would put the pads on again. That was horrific, and to put up productive seasons after that is all I could ask for.

bofadabizzles
11-29-2008, 04:01 AM

QFTrufff!!!!

SeanTaylorRIP
11-29-2008, 08:14 AM
First the Ravens share the load with whoever is hot, but secondly Willis is the laziest athlete I have ever seen. He'd be a top 5 back if he acted like a professional. His offseasons all he does is party and lay on his couch.

scottyboy
11-29-2008, 08:55 AM
well Raymell Rice is better so it doesn't matter.

No seriously, Rice is the future for the Ravens. You can't bank on your #1 guy if he's so oft-injured. Ray and LeRon will form a nasty duo down the line, but Willis, as talented as he is, just can't stay healthy

BmoreBlackByrdz
11-29-2008, 09:44 AM
^ Gatta agree with the 2 post above me, Rice compliments McClains power with his shifty moves and good speed. McGahee is still in our plans according to Harbaugh but I think if we get a chance, we should trade him. Like STRIP said, hes lazy and has a terrible work ethic. However whenever hes in the game he plays well so imagine how good the guy could be in he actually put time into getting better. Hes a huge waste of talent.

tjsunstein
11-29-2008, 12:20 PM
McGahee would have went top 5 easy but that doesn't change the fact he's been riddled by injuries.

Paranoidmoonduck
11-29-2008, 12:27 PM
Yeah. He suffered a torn ACL and was still drafted in the 1st Round just four months later. I don't think there's many prospects that could pull that off.

I've said it before, but McGahee was the most impressive running back prospect I can remember.

Staubach12
11-29-2008, 12:46 PM
yeah the number 3 rushing attack in the league signifies trouble at the rushing position...

he has been injured, and other guys have stepped up. McClain is having a huge year, and Ray Rice has shown flashes in Willis`s absence. so, he is now part of a rushing trio instead of a number 1 back. But he has been injured.

Well, they had a good attack, but now McGahee is hurt, McClain was limited in practice all week with that ankle, and Rice was just awesome last week with 8 rushes for 7 yards vs the Eagles.

Menardo75
11-29-2008, 01:45 PM
He will do a nice job complementing Kevin Smith in Detroit :)

scottyboy
11-29-2008, 01:51 PM
Well, they had a good attack, but now McGahee is hurt, McClain was limited in practice all week with that ankle, and Rice was just awesome last week with 8 rushes for 7 yards vs the Eagles.

yes, Rice had one bad game against a pretty good run D and McClain limited in practice suddenly makes this running problems. nice, excellent deduction there sherlock. I mean it's not like they've got a top 5 rushing attack statistically or anything. I mean Ray Rice only has the 7th most rushing yards for a rookie in very limited time and is tied for 10th with rookies in recieving. Yea, they're so ******.

MetSox17
11-29-2008, 01:54 PM
I've said it before, but McGahee was the most impressive running back prospect I can remember.

Adrian Peterson > Willis McGahee pre torn everything.

Ravens1991
11-29-2008, 01:54 PM
he is a lazy turd, he has no heart. I would trade him for a flaming pile of poop. He trained hard thinking we were going to be good when he came here, so he had a good season. He thought we were going to suck so he slacked off. I dont want this guys attitude on the football team, IDC that he is a top 5-10 talent. He always trys to break run outside even though he is 230 pounds and doesnt have the speed. Give me Rice or McClain since they will actually fall forward and not stop running until they get tackled.

Ravens1991
11-29-2008, 01:55 PM
Adrian Peterson > Willis McGahee pre torn everything.

I agree w/ that but it is very close. But even if McGahee didnt hurt his knee he doesnt have the heart to achieve his full talent.

MetSox17
11-29-2008, 01:59 PM
I agree w/ that but it is very close. But even if McGahee didnt hurt his knee he doesnt have the heart to achieve his full talent.

I honestly don't think it's as close as you might. Adrian Peterson has the rarest blend of power and speed that you hardly see in this league. I've never seen anyone on the same prospect level as Adrian Peterson, and i don't think we will for a long long time again. There's Willis McGahees every year

Ravens1991
11-29-2008, 02:20 PM
Willis was faster. I believe pre injury he ran a 4.3 at 230. I wouldnt say McGahees are every year. Both are very rare. I just agree that Peterson is the better prospect.

BlindSite
11-29-2008, 08:37 PM
McGahee is Tishmanga Biabutaka 2.0 with slightly better injury history.

Rob S
11-30-2008, 09:33 AM
hahahaha......i hate willis sooooooo much. good to see him fail.

Rob S
11-30-2008, 09:34 AM
and willis, with no blown knee, was a pretty rare RB prospect. Was AD better? I think so, but Willis was still a fantastic RB prospect that doesnt come around every year.