PDA

View Full Version : This year's ILB group

Bengals78
11-29-2008, 01:04 AM
I was just curious out of the draft eligible ILB, who seems to be the most intelligent? Being able to digest playbooks, call audibles and such.

Im especially interested in Jasper Brinkley. I know he is all over the field when I've seen him play and such, but is it because of athleticism or knowing where is supposed to be.

fenikz
11-29-2008, 04:21 AM
Arron Curry could be a Dansby like ILB

illmatic74
11-29-2008, 10:42 AM
Ray Maualuga reminds me of David Harris

Babylon
11-29-2008, 11:19 AM
Ray Maualuga reminds me of David Harris

Not sure if Rey is quite as fast but probably a better player. I like that comparison.

Sniper
11-29-2008, 11:20 AM
Not sure if Rey is quite as fast but probably a better player. I like that comparison.

Erroneous...David Harris is the man.

Babylon
11-29-2008, 11:38 AM
Erroneous...David Harris is the man.

What do you know about Michigan players?

urinemonkey
11-29-2008, 11:59 AM
I think when you talk about most intelligent LB's, James Laurinaitis has to be mentioned. Generally speaking, he's in the right position and doesn't overpursue, and fills the right gap to make the tackle. He knows his assignments and knows where to be in zone coverage. He would be perfect for my Broncos and is definitely someone I will be watching closely in all of the pre-draft events.

Sniper
11-29-2008, 01:08 PM
What do you know about Michigan players?

What don't I know about Michigan players?

Zyro_1014
11-29-2008, 01:12 PM
What don't I know about Michigan players?

thats right! you dont know nothin about michigan players ;)

SenorGato
11-29-2008, 01:15 PM

Whaaaaa?

:eek:

Rey Rey couldn't hold Harris' jock.

foozball
11-29-2008, 02:47 PM
great class

spikes
laurinaitis
maualuga
brinkley

SenorGato
11-29-2008, 03:41 PM
I think Clint Sintim can/will play inside in a 3-4. I like him better than both Rey Rey and JL in that sense. I think he's got the potential to be a Karlos Dansby type player.

Pokeys
12-01-2008, 04:45 PM
Is Brinkley really 275? lol

Menardo75
12-01-2008, 05:07 PM
Frantz Joseph has the potential to be a very good ILB.

thats right! you dont know nothin about michigan players ;)

You don't know about SC players!

D-Unit
12-01-2008, 05:21 PM
Frantz Joseph has the potential to be a very good ILB.

You don't know about SC players!
Frantz Joseph FTW!!!!

AkiliSmith
12-01-2008, 07:49 PM
I have never seen Baylor play but Joe Pawelek is putting up some great numbers there:

128 tackles, 6 tackles for loss, 7 passes defended, 1 forced fumble, 5 hurries, 6 interceptions

Has anyone seen him play and can give some input?

Bob Sacamano
12-02-2008, 01:02 AM
Pitt MLB Scott McKillop

about Pawelek, AkiliSmith, I know a poster whose a fan of him, and he says that he's slow on his feet, I think that's all he said about him

bored of education
12-02-2008, 08:07 AM
zomgzzzzzzzzz James Laurinaitis can't shed blocks. He should be an UDFA!

giantsfan
12-02-2008, 02:54 PM
I love Brandon Spikes, he plays aggressive and makes decisions quickly, which sometimes leads to him overpursuing, but if he lands on a team that's aggressive defensively he'll be a great fit as he's quick to diagnose things and react, don't know how smart he is off the field, but on the field he thinks quickly.

Sniper
12-02-2008, 02:56 PM
zomgzzzzzzzzz James Laurinaitis can't shed blocks.

Correct.

He should be an UDFA!

Incorrect.

ElectricEye
12-02-2008, 02:59 PM
I think Clint Sintim can/will play inside in a 3-4. I like him better than both Rey Rey and JL in that sense. I think he's got the potential to be a Karlos Dansby type player.

Why put him inside when he offers so much as a passrusher? Maybe towards the end of his career, but I defiantly like Sintim as a true 3-4 OLB. He could probably play inside, but it would be wasting his athleticism and passrushing skills to a certain extent.

SuperKevin
12-02-2008, 03:18 PM
I have never seen Baylor play but Joe Pawelek is putting up some great numbers there:

128 tackles, 6 tackles for loss, 7 passes defended, 1 forced fumble, 5 hurries, 6 interceptions

Has anyone seen him play and can give some input?

I've seen him play. He's the best player on Baylor right now. Reminds me a lot of Paul Pozluszny with his approach to the game. Likely won't declare this year but if he did I can't imagine him being any worse than a late 3rd round pick. I think he has a shot at the 2nd next year though

Mr. Stiller
12-02-2008, 04:01 PM
Why put him inside when he offers so much as a passrusher? Maybe towards the end of his career, but I defiantly like Sintim as a true 3-4 OLB. He could probably play inside, but it would be wasting his athleticism and passrushing skills to a certain extent.

I dont' see Sintim as an elite passrusher, I could be mistaken, I see him as a guy thats decent, but it seems his skillset would be better off inside.

giantsfan
12-02-2008, 04:19 PM

He could provide a pass rush from the ILB spot and still be able to handle other ILB duties, that's very valuable and he's not the type of pure pass rusher that needs to be outside. He could be a good OLB but I think he'd be more valuable as an ILB that bring pressure up the gut.

Shane P. Hallam
12-02-2008, 04:42 PM
Pitt MLB Scott McKillop

I agree in terms of the most intelligent (as the question asks)

SenorGato
12-02-2008, 07:13 PM

Good point. I just think moving him inside would allow more athletes on the field, one of the biggest 3-4 advantages Since he's a good all around LBer, he'd probably handle it well. And it'd make the confusion about where the blitz is coming from a little more fun.

PACKmanN
12-02-2008, 07:34 PM
zomgzzzzzzzzz James Laurinaitis can't shed blocks. He should be an UDFA!

no, instead, he will be moved to the weakside and play WILL.