PDA

View Full Version : RB Chris Ogbonnaya, Texas

Pokeys
11-29-2008, 08:05 AM
Another Selvin Young like prospect? I'm a little surprised hes not among the top Senior Runnig Backs.

SeanTaylorRIP
11-29-2008, 08:12 AM
I'm not surprised a bit. More than a dozen of these senior backs have basically been 2-4 year starters producing 1000 yards a year. His first 3 years he was completely off the map and did nothing. This year his strongest and his first year of substantial playing time he still has only 300 yards rushing on a pass first team with easy running lanes. Granted they do pass a lot and he shares the load a number of ways, but I can't see why he would belong at this point in the process in the top 10 of any senior running back list when right now we are evaluating tape only and not workout numbers.

Gchu83
11-29-2008, 10:58 AM
I'm not surprised a bit. More than a dozen of these senior backs have basically been 2-4 year starters producing 1000 yards a year. His first 3 years he was completely off the map and did nothing. This year his strongest and his first year of substantial playing time he still has only 300 yards rushing on a pass first team with easy running lanes. Granted they do pass a lot and he shares the load a number of ways, but I can't see why he would belong at this point in the process in the top 10 of any senior running back list when right now we are evaluating tape only and not workout numbers.

I wouldn't exactly say we have "easy running lanes," and also we're running a 3-back system right now so it's not that suprising that none of these guys have individual big numbers.

Chris is a guy who does everything well, but doesn't really do anything spectacular. He's an unbelievably smart player who plays hard and I think he might get a shot somewhere after he works out for some teams.

Pokeys
11-29-2008, 11:40 AM
The thing I like about Chris is that he has a good 2nd Level Speed. And he can catch the ball out of the backfield. Good at making tacklers miss. Definitely not easy running lanes. Alot of the time he has to make a guy miss.

Menardo75
11-29-2008, 02:19 PM
Probably a change of pace special teams player nothing more.

etk
11-29-2008, 08:00 PM
I don't see what's not to like about his game. He's big and elusive. He finds the holes and sheds tacklers for first downs. His speed is decent enough to get the job done. I think he's more talented than Selvin Young.

sbh15
11-29-2008, 09:27 PM
Probably will make a solid career as a Fred Jackson type of back (though I'm not sure if he's got the same hands out of the backfield as Jackson).

jballa838
11-29-2008, 09:59 PM
He needs a good combine to be drafted late. I'm not just talkin 40. I mean every drill and the works.

Vox Populi
11-29-2008, 10:27 PM
Hes got some solid qualities to his game. Hes an excellent receiver out of the back field, but despite being a bigger guy he seems to take a lot of carries outside. That might be the scheme at work there spreading out the defense, but I'd like to see him just hit the hole and go more often. They've got that other back that they use for that though, Williams I think??

STARHEATHER
11-29-2008, 11:18 PM
hes about the 4th best rb on the team. i thouight maybe then hes too slow and not physical enough for his slowness. also a very straight ahead runner.not shifty. i dont think he can get yards in the nfl. theyve gone away from him as the year has progressed

Race for the Heisman
11-30-2008, 11:07 AM
He hasn't shown he can do much as a runner. The goal line stuff, the tough yards, etc. When I first saw him Selvin Young was the first guy that came to mind, but obviously he doesn't have the issues Young had. If the right team (Houston maybe) decides he's worth it, he could get drafted, but I don't think too many teams will have him on their radars.

Texas Homer
12-01-2008, 12:55 AM
Great kid. I hope a team takes a chance on him. He played WR in high school and played RB/FB for Texas.He Could be a good special team player. I'm pulling for him.

MetSox17
12-01-2008, 12:59 AM
hes about the 4th best rb on the team. i thouight maybe then hes too slow and not physical enough for his slowness. also a very straight ahead runner.not shifty. i dont think he can get yards in the nfl. theyve gone away from him as the year has progressed

Name the three guys that are better.

His speed is deceptive. Ask Oklahoma if he's fast or not. I don't think the offense at Texas was made for a guy of his build, but he will find a niche in the NFL.

STARHEATHER
12-01-2008, 07:21 PM
the 255 guy cody johnson maybe is his name
these names may not be correct fozzie whitaker and vondrell mcgee? all have played more recently. either you have to evade or run through. i dont think hes quick enough to evade or runs strong enough to go through nfl defenders. hes gotten a lot less reps in favor of the above as the year has progressed