PDA

View Full Version : Plaxico Burress shot

Hines
11-29-2008, 10:29 AM
Fox Sports' Jay Glazier reports Plaxico Burress has shot himself in the leg, accidentally.

It's always something with Plax. He was reportedly carrying a loaded gun late Friday night or Saturday morning, and the gun went off. Plax spent the night in the hospital, but the injuries are not believed to be life-threatening. It's well past time to pick up Domenik Hixon, but grab him if he's still available.

Gay Ork Wang
11-29-2008, 10:30 AM
Loooooooooooooooooooooooool

Malaka
11-29-2008, 10:32 AM
Why does this ******* idiot pick this year to behave like a moron. First the fines, the suspension and now this? We just got rid of Shockey why do you want to take his place as asshole of the team? Wtf... Plaxico... wtf...

McBain
11-29-2008, 10:32 AM
i need a link

Hines
11-29-2008, 10:33 AM
i need a link

ESPN front page.

The Great Jonathan Vilma
11-29-2008, 10:34 AM
i need a link

agreed, this is too random, to have something like this needs a link...

The Dynasty
i need a link

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3733021

skinzzfan25
Que the 8-Mile reference.

Idiot.

Tampa 2 4 life
11-29-2008, 10:35 AM
Better than shooting himself in the dick. You don't do that.

Burns336
11-29-2008, 10:38 AM
Idiot. I hope he's out for the season :)

Sadly, the Giants don't fall off much even when he is out of the lineup.

Rayray52
11-29-2008, 10:42 AM
I cant think of a better way to rehab a hamstring than by hanging out a club with a loaded gun...

ShutDwn
11-29-2008, 10:50 AM
The Giants are such a strong team, and I can appreciate how good they are. It would suck to have this ruin them. I have hope that they will play through this, they haven't missed him too much before.

BrownsTown
11-29-2008, 10:55 AM
But if he's not carrying a loaded gun, how will people know he's gangsta?

Geo
11-29-2008, 11:08 AM
What. A. Moron.

scottyboy
11-29-2008, 11:14 AM
But if he's not carrying a loaded gun, how will people know he's gangsta?

I really thought his crooked visor made him gangsta enough, but I guess not.

Good thing Hixon is awesome and we're very deep at WR. Hopefully he's back in time for the playoffs.

Someone compared him to Shockey which is way off. Yea, he's been a distraction, but he hasn't affected the team on the field the way Shockey did.

But yea, Plax is a ******* idiot.

bantx
11-29-2008, 11:24 AM
Thats too gangsta

21ST
11-29-2008, 11:28 AM
Spit on it and put some tape on it and he'll be ready for tomorrow

regoob2
11-29-2008, 11:31 AM
How stupid can some people be. God for bid you make your millions of dollars and not be an idiot.

scottyboy
11-29-2008, 11:36 AM
Spit on it and put some tape on it and he'll be ready for tomorrow

well yea, that'd work. He's not already listed as "out" on the team injury report with a hamstring injury.....

TimD
11-29-2008, 11:40 AM
Good thing Hixon is awesome and we're very deep at WR. Hopefully he's back in time for the playoffs.

Someone compared him to Shockey which is way off. Yea, he's been a distraction, but he hasn't affected the team on the field the way Shockey did.

do you think he'll be a giant next year? whats his contract like

Ward
11-29-2008, 11:43 AM
Thank you Plax for distracting everyone from the Cowboys, even for just one week.

oldLibid21
11-29-2008, 11:44 AM
i need a link

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3733021

scottyboy
11-29-2008, 11:47 AM

we just gave him a front loaded deal this year. I'm pretty sure 5 years. The deal being frontloaded for the first 2-3 years which makes him expandable after those. I think he stays, I don't see us cutting a player of his talent and calibur and I'm not sure we'd trade him without getting equal talent value. I'm not so concerned, he's an idiot, yes. But if he's healthy for us come playoff time he's a huge weapon and mismatch. He's not affecting us on the field and I think the players are just getting used to/ignoring his off the field antics. Amani talked with him after the whole "missing" saga and got him back in line, for a few weeks at least. Luckily, the players are on Coughlin and Reese's side and will back whatever they decide.

TimD
11-29-2008, 11:56 AM
yeah although he's an idiot its not where near as bad of a situation for the giants as the shockey thing

tjsunstein
11-29-2008, 12:09 PM
I saw this and didn't believe it. After reading that story in EPSN for Sean Taylor's one year anniversary (RIP), why would he carry a loaded gun in a club? Do people think things through? There's no good that could have come from it. None whatsoever. Some athletes are so god damn dumb.

21ST
11-29-2008, 12:11 PM
I saw this and didn't believe it. After reading that story in EPSN for Sean Taylor's one year anniversary (RIP), why would he carry a loaded gun in a club? Do people think things through? There's no good that could have come from it. None whatsoever. Some athletes are so god damn dumb.

He was protecting his self

D-Unit
11-29-2008, 12:15 PM
This is so funny. :p

It's going to be funnier when Goddell suspends him for this too.

This is like a Pacman story gone bad....waaaaaaaaay bad. Not even Pac was this idiotic.

tjsunstein
He was protecting his self

From what? His leg?
Here's a smarter way to protect yourself. Don't put yourself in that situation where you feel like you're gonna need a gun. I'm not saying don't go out at all because he's an athlete but they have to be smart about it. Learn from other's mistakes. In this case, Pacman. Guns + Clubs = Nothing Good.

tjsunstein
I say a 4 game suspension is heading his way.

Paranoidmoonduck
11-29-2008, 12:28 PM
From what? His leg?

That leg has had it out for him since day 1.

Vikes99ej
11-29-2008, 12:32 PM
What a ******* dumb ass.

Staubach12
11-29-2008, 12:35 PM
LOLZ!!!!! This is just hilarious. What a dumbass.

Bengals78
11-29-2008, 12:36 PM
This is so funny. :p

It's going to be funnier when Goddell suspends him for this too.

This is like a Pacman story gone bad....waaaaaaaaay bad. Not even Pac was this idiotic.

Never thought the day I'd see a Pac was smarter than (insert anyone) moment in the NFL would come. craziness.

ChosenOne
11-29-2008, 12:39 PM
Plax is such an idiot.

Jvig43
11-29-2008, 12:44 PM
I say a 4 game suspension is heading his way.

For what? Its not a crime to own a gun, nor is it a crime to accidently shoot yourself. If Goodell suspends him for this that would just be ridiculous.

tjsunstein
11-29-2008, 12:47 PM
For what? Its not a crime to own a gun, nor is it a crime to accidently shoot yourself. If Goodell suspends him for this that would just be ridiculous.

Goodell is all about public image. If he doesn't suspend Plax, it looks like the NFL condones their players carrying weapons in public places.

bantx
11-29-2008, 12:48 PM

Suspend him for being too gangsta.

GB12
11-29-2008, 12:51 PM
This is hilarious. Good I'm glad he shot himself. Idiot.

Mr. Stiller
11-29-2008, 12:57 PM

Does Plax have the Permit/License to carry a loaded weapon?

I'm not sure about NY/NJ, but IIRC You're not allowed to take a weapon, even legal, into an establishment that serves alcohol.

RCAChainGang
11-29-2008, 12:58 PM
Ah...

Comon Plax.
Stupid gangsta.

CC.SD
11-29-2008, 01:02 PM
seriously? lawlz

RaiderNation
11-29-2008, 01:10 PM
He must have been showing his gun off to some ladies then BOOM

Yatta!
11-29-2008, 01:10 PM
Funniest thing to happen this year.

MetSox17
11-29-2008, 01:12 PM
LMAO.

That is all.

Jvig43
11-29-2008, 01:14 PM
Goodell is all about public image. If he doesn't suspend Plax, it looks like the NFL condones their players carrying weapons in public places.

..... The NFL condones players to carry weapons? Im pretty sure the constitution states it is legal for any US citizen to own a gun, and im assuming Plax had it registered. The logic behind the NFL condoning their players to carry weapons because someone carried one in a public place and shot himself is just ridiculous. Any intellegent person understands that this has nothing to do with the NFL, suspending the guy would only further my personal belief that Goodelle is just a tyrant with power, the guy hands out fines and suspensions like free samples at the candy store. Some have been completely called for, others have not, most of the time hes not even consistent ( im so over the whole Pacman thing, and Light and Crowder didnt get a suspension?).

sbh15
11-29-2008, 01:15 PM
http://img514.imageshack.us/my.php?image=picture1lr0.png

There's the ESPN headline from the website. I lol'd.

NY+Giants=NYG
11-29-2008, 01:20 PM
That's the danger of trying to keep it real. Sometimes stuff like this happens, lol. Reminds of me the movie 8 mile when that guy shoots himself!

D-Unit
11-29-2008, 01:23 PM
At least Giants fans still love him. :D

MetSox17
11-29-2008, 01:29 PM
Cheddar Bob!!

tjsunstein
11-29-2008, 01:30 PM
..... The NFL condones players to carry weapons? Im pretty sure the constitution states it is legal for any US citizen to own a gun, and im assuming Plax had it registered. The logic behind the NFL condoning their players to carry weapons because someone carried one in a public place and shot himself is just ridiculous. Any intellegent person understands that this has nothing to do with the NFL, suspending the guy would only further my personal belief that Goodelle is just a tyrant with power, the guy hands out fines and suspensions like free samples at the candy store. Some have been completely called for, others have not, most of the time hes not even consistent ( im so over the whole Pacman thing, and Light and Crowder didnt get a suspension?).

It isnt legal to just carry weapons in public places in every state..
Nor is it legal everywhere to carry a weapon into places that serve alcohol.
I understand you'e second amendment argument but there are barriers.

Jvig43
11-29-2008, 01:35 PM

Agreed, but as of now there is no information on whether it is or isnt legal in this instance. Your assuming it isnt, im assuming it is. Off of the information right now, it would surprise me if he got suspended, unless like you stated it could be illegal in the place it happened.

MetSox17
11-29-2008, 01:35 PM

Exactly. In most areas like bars, clubs, stores, etc. It's a felony to be carrying a weapon (much less a loaded one) into there. He took it into a night club, where not only does he pose an immediate threat to every single person in that club, but he has shown us that he can be a threat to himself as well (lol). I'm surprised they haven't filed charges yet, or if they just conveniently allowed that gun sticking out of his pocket to go unnoticed while entering the damn place.

scottyboy
11-29-2008, 01:36 PM
This is hilarious. Good I'm glad he shot himself. Idiot.

Al Harris just wishes he did it back in January...

MetSox17
Agreed, but as of now there is no information on whether it is or isnt legal in this instance. Your assuming it isnt, im assuming it is. Off of the information right now, it would surprise me if he got suspended, unless like you stated it could be illegal in the place it happened.

It was at a bar. You do the math, bud.

JetMan
ny/nj have some of the toughest gun laws in the country and if he's not licensed to hold a concealed weapon then he is looking at felony charges and mandatory jail time. and not 30 day jail time, 1-2 year jail time.

hope he didn't spend all his signing bonus money because he might have to repay it.

tjsunstein
11-29-2008, 01:38 PM
I also worded the earlier post a little off. What I meant was if Goodell doesnt suspend him for atleast one game then he puts the message out that it is ok to harm yourself while being a complete jackass, just dont hurt anyone else. That's not how it is. The fact that Plax had a gun go off in a public place while not defending himself should warrant attention in itself. If I go into the nearest convient store and have a gun accidentally shoot and not do any harm, is everything good and well? No, because I put other people in danger which is against the law believe it or not.

MetSox17
11-29-2008, 01:40 PM
I also worded the earlier post a little off. What I meant was if Goodell doesnt suspend him for atleast one game then he puts the message out that it is ok to harm yourself while being a complete jackass, just dont hurt anyone else. That's not how it is. The fact that Plax had a gun go off in a public place while not defending himself should warrant attention in itself. If I go into the nearest convient store and have a gun accidentally shoot and not do any harm, is everything good and well? No, because I put other people in danger which is against the law believe it or not.

What i don't understand is WTF were the security at the place thinking, letting someone enter with a loaded gun into the place? I mean, seriously, did you learn absolutely nothing from famous football players with lots of money screwing around with weapons?

If there was a police officer doing his job to the best of his ability, and sees or hears a gun go off inside a night club full of people, he's gonna get taken down, possibly shot.

This has so many levels of stupid it's not even funny anymore.

tjsunstein
11-29-2008, 01:41 PM
ny/nj have some of the toughest gun laws in the country and if he's not licensed to hold a concealed weapon then he is looking at felony charges and mandatory jail time. and not 30 day jail time, 1-2 year jail time.

hope he didn't spend all his signing bonus money because he might have to repay it.

If there is one thing we have learned in the recent past its that NFL players don't do jail time, unless you're involved in a shooting that paralyzes someone.. looking at you PacMan err I mean Adam Jones.

dunagan15
11-29-2008, 01:42 PM

5 yr. $35 million

Jvig43
11-29-2008, 01:42 PM
It was at a bar. You do the math, bud.

Because celebs get the same justice system and charges that normal citizens do.

Menardo75
11-29-2008, 01:43 PM
This is mildley hilarious.

tjsunstein
11-29-2008, 01:44 PM
What i don't understand is WTF were the security at the place thinking, letting someone enter with a loaded gun into the place? I mean, seriously, did you learn absolutely nothing from famous football players with lots of money screwing around with weapons?

If there was a police officer doing his job to the best of his ability, and sees or hears a gun go off inside a night club full of people, he's gonna get taken down, possibly shot.

This has so many levels of stupid it's not even funny anymore.

I agree completely. Just because he's the Plaxico Burress doesn't make it ok to let him in with a gun. Maybe because he was THE Plaxico Burress is the reason why he was let go without a search. All this talk about the athletes being the targets isn't a good excuse anymore. It's more of the athletes making themselves the targets by the places they go and doing the things they do. It wouldnt shock me if 99 percent of the time athletes have been involved in public altercations, that they were the one to instigate it.

Sniper
11-29-2008, 01:47 PM
Michigan State represent!

MetSox17
11-29-2008, 01:48 PM
I agree completely. Just because he's the Plaxico Burress doesn't make it ok to let him in with a gun. Maybe because he was THE Plaxico Burress is the reason why he was let go without a search. All this talk about the athletes being the targets isn't a good excuse anymore. It's more of the athletes making themselves the targets by the places they go and doing the things they do. It wouldnt shock me if 99 percent of the time athletes have been involved in public altercations, that they were the one to instigate it.

A lot of players are smart about how they associate themselves and go about their business. It would be wrong for us to say that most of the players are going around knocking on the devil's door, but some idiots like this one do. Most players are extremely careful about stuff like this, but there always has to be the moron that comes around and makes everyone look like a thug.

JetMan
11-29-2008, 01:50 PM
If there is one thing we have learned in the recent past its that NFL players don't do jail time, unless you're involved in a shooting that paralyzes someone.. looking at you PacMan err I mean Adam Jones.

true, but living over here, there aren't more laws that ny/nj take more serious then gun laws. the biggest problem with crime over here is with illegal guns and no judge/politician will stand for it.

wild, wild, west Nevada i can't speak for.

tjsunstein
11-29-2008, 01:52 PM
true, but living over here, there aren't more laws that ny/nj take more serious then gun laws. the biggest problem with crime over here is with illegal guns and no judge/politician will stand for it.

wild, wild, west Nevada i can't speak for.

I live in NJ but never familiarized myself with the policy on gun crimes. I believe that they are very strict though. I know of someone who got 5 years for shooting someone with a BB gun multiple times and robbing them. Mind you, they were in trouble before too.

Jvig43
11-29-2008, 01:55 PM
I live in NJ but never familiarized myself with the policy on gun crimes. I believe that they are very strict though. I know of someone who got 5 years for shooting someone with a BB gun multiple times and robbing them. Mind you, they were in trouble before too.

Well that is considered armed robbery too, which is a very serious crime.

MetSox17
11-29-2008, 01:56 PM

Gun laws will absolutely destroy you if you have an unregistered/stolen gun on you. I would not be surprised at all though, to have the rich famous guy get off with a fine and probation.

Jvig43
11-29-2008, 01:58 PM
Gun laws will absolutely destroy you if you have an unregistered/stolen gun on you. I would not be surprised at all though, to have the rich famous guy get off with a fine and probation.

Exactly, this is just as much the securities fault as it is Plax. No normal joe is walking in strapped.

MetSox17
11-29-2008, 02:02 PM
Exactly, this is just as much the securities fault as it is Plax. No normal joe is walking in strapped.

That's the thing, if they play stupid and say that they couldn't find anything on him when they "searched" him, they just get the "don't let it happen again" speech.

I don't think the blame should get split down the middle though. What the hell is Plastico thinking strapping himself at a club?

UK_Cheesehead
11-29-2008, 02:24 PM
At least he didn't shoot the sheriff.

:D

TitleTown088
11-29-2008, 02:39 PM
Shooting yourself in the thigh can actually be real dangerous. You hit yourself in that major artery and its over.

MetSox17
11-29-2008, 02:40 PM
Sean Taylor...

Babylon
11-29-2008, 03:15 PM
Burress makes T.O. look like Barack Obama for crying out loud.

Go_Eagles77
11-29-2008, 03:27 PM
Damn it I had him on both my fantasy teams.

illmatic74
11-29-2008, 03:30 PM
Plax joins the company of Lil Wayne and Case

jayceheathman
11-29-2008, 03:31 PM
How stupid can some people be. God for bid you make your millions of dollars and not be an idiot.

Since when does being an NFL player mean you should give up your 2nd amendment right? Especially if he has a concealed handgun license.

jayceheathman
11-29-2008, 03:36 PM

Actually the majority of them have made it legal. I have a concealed hangun license and we named off the states that have reciprocity with Texas and the majority of the states were on there. The thing that could be illegal is whether or not this club makes 51% or more of their income from alcohol. If thats the case then they have a 51% sign up in huge letters on the door which would make it illegal to carry inside. The signs that say, "no firearms" you dont have to listen to and are not legal signs.

locseti
11-29-2008, 04:15 PM
"Break yo self partna, oh snap I been shot!"

Ward
11-29-2008, 04:38 PM
And now for a(n) historic preenactment:

http://img210.imageshack.us/img210/5770/picture1on2.png

yourfavestoner
11-29-2008, 04:45 PM

Wait, so after Sean Taylor got murdered in his own home, it's dumb for athletes to carry a loaded weapon? How does that make sense?

Carrying a loaded weapon for your own self-protection: Smart
Shooting yourself with said weapon: Dumb

Him having a loaded gun is a pretty smart move actually. After what's happened to Darrent Williams, Sean Taylor, Javon Walker, and Rich Collier, I'd be packing heat if I was a professional athlete too.

Bruce Banner
11-29-2008, 04:46 PM

I beg to differ sir.

If someone pulls a gun on me in a mugging attempt or something rather, I give them what they want AND DO NOT PULL OUT A WEAPON AND START A GUN FIGHT, endangering me and EVERYONE else.

Hold on a sec, let me pull my gun out.

I doubt that would go over well.

Having a gun for "protection" is all mental. You put yourself at more risk with a gun.

If you're afraid that someone is out to KILL you, get bodyguards.

LonghornsLegend
11-29-2008, 04:50 PM
I beg to differ sir.

If someone pulls a gun on me in a mugging attempt or something rather, I give them what they want AND DO NOT PULL OUT A WEAPON AND START A GUN FIGHT, endangering me and EVERYONE else.

Having a gun for "protection" is all mental. You put yourself at more risk with a gun.

That's just personal preference, some people don't want to carry, some people feel safe by carrying, it's all on that person so I won't say which is right or wrong.

But I do know carrying a loaded gun in the club is stupid, thats FAR different then having a loaded gun in your house put away, taking a loaded gun to the club is just asking for trouble.

TitleTown088
11-29-2008, 04:51 PM
Wait, so after Sean Taylor got murdered in his own home, it's dumb for athletes to carry a loaded weapon? How does that make sense?

Shooting yourself with said weapon: Dumb

Him having a loaded gun is a pretty smart move actually. After what's happened to Darrent Williams, Sean Taylor, Javon Walker, and Rich Collier, I'd be packing heat if I was a professional athlete too.Yeah, that mac 10 on the side of his hip is a real smart move. I can't image how it would lead to an incident of some sort...

A celebrity carrying a loaded gun is an absolutely stupid move. It will only lead to trouble.

Bruce Banner
11-29-2008, 04:52 PM
That's just personal preference, some people don't want to carry, some people feel safe by carrying, it's all on that person so I won't say which is right or wrong.

But I do know carrying a loaded gun in the club is stupid, thats FAR different then having a loaded gun in your house put away, taking a loaded gun to the club is just asking for trouble.

People can carry guns with proper registration and such, I really don't care about that. It's just the reasons why some (maybe all) people do it.

Bolded: Of course.

CashmoneyDrew
11-29-2008, 04:52 PM
If I was that rich I would have body guards.

jayceheathman
11-29-2008, 05:02 PM
I beg to differ sir.

Thats the question that you are going to ask yourself if you have a gun on you. If someone is near you and already has their gun drawn then you already lost and wont have time to pull yours out unless you do it with their attention on someone/something else. I would much rather take the chance of having one on me rather than hoping that whatever I have in my wallet is enough for him to be satisfied.

AkiliSmith
11-29-2008, 05:04 PM
I carry a gun with me at all times when I'm out in public. But I'm a cop and I'm not going to put my family in jeopardy by some whack job I know from working in the jail or arresting on the streets. Pretty much all gangsters will turn and run once you pull a gun on them, even if they are armed themselves. I've never shot myself though, seems like it would be really hard to do unless you are a complete dumbass.

CashmoneyDrew
11-29-2008, 05:06 PM
I carry a gun with me at all times when I'm out in public. But I'm a cop and I'm not going to put my family in jeopardy by some whack job I know from working in the jail or arresting on the streets. Pretty much all gangsters will turn and run once you pull a gun on them, even if they are armed themselves. I've never shot myself though, seems like it would be really hard to do unless you are a complete dumbass.

We are talking about Plaxico Burress.

TitleTown088
Oh ****. 5-O, run!

Bruce Banner
Thats the question that you are going to ask yourself if you have a gun on you. If someone is near you and already has their gun drawn then you already lost and wont have time to pull yours out unless you do it with their attention on someone/something else. I would much rather take the chance of having one on me rather than hoping that whatever I have in my wallet is enough for him to be satisfied.

Wouldn't the offender already have his/her weapon drawn when this comes into play?

Fact of the matter is, you're more likely to die AFTER you pull out a weapon.

Pretty much all gangsters will turn and run once you pull a gun on them, even if they are armed themselves.

and I'm not depending on this.

AkiliSmith
11-29-2008, 05:11 PM
Wouldn't the offender already have his/her weapon drawn when this comes into play?

Fact of the matter is, you're more likely to die AFTER you pull out a weapon.

and I'm not depending on this.
Not really. Most people that are shot don't die, especially when it's by a gangster who has no training whatsoever with the firearm.

In training almost 100% of the time the person who has to draw their firearm and shoot wins. The armed person has to think about what your doing, and react. The unarmed person has already decided to react so their is no thinking. And if you carry a firearm you should train extensively with quick drawing and firing.

And I'm not depending on someone robbing me not hurting me or my family after I fold and give them what they want. I have seen it happen to others too many times.

ManOverboard
11-29-2008, 05:15 PM
http://i39.photobucket.com/albums/e163/TJsTradePage/cheddarbob.jpg

Bruce Banner
11-29-2008, 05:18 PM
Not really. Most people that are shot don't die, especially when it's by a gangster who has no training whatsoever with the firearm.

Once again, not a risk I'm willing to take. There is always a chance the untrained thug's bullet finds it way into my aorta or dome.

In training almost 100% of the time the person who has to draw their firearm and shoot wins. The armed person has to think about what your doing, and react. The unarmed person has already decided to react so their is no thinking. And if you carry a firearm you should train extensively with quick drawing and firing.

The "training" that is required....isn't really training....if we are talking about carry and conceal.

It doesn't prepare someone to react in a hostile situation.

AkiliSmith
11-29-2008, 05:22 PM
Once again, not a risk I'm willing to take. There is always a chance the untrained thug's bullet finds it way into my aorta or dome.

The "training" that is required....isn't really training....if we are talking about carry and conceal.

It doesn't prepare someone to react in a hostile situation.

No but nothing prepares you to deal with a situation like that. But you should train on your own with drawing the firearm from the holster to improve your reaction time.

Bruce Banner
11-29-2008, 05:27 PM
No but nothing prepares you to deal with a situation like that. But you should train on your own with drawing the firearm from the holster to improve your reaction time.

Like I said before.....

"Yes, give me a moment to reach into my tracksuit and pull out my firearm.....just make sure you don't panic and shoot a couple of rounds off at point blank range"

http://www.newhatchwear.com/images/755%20Track%20Suit.jpg

ChezPower4
11-29-2008, 05:40 PM
I laughed my *** off when I heard about this.

tjsunstein
11-29-2008, 05:45 PM
After all that has been said, one thing is certain. Plaxico is a dumb ****.

Jvig43
11-29-2008, 05:49 PM
Bruce your counting on the fact that even after you have given the armed man what he wants that hes not just going to kill you anyway. Sadly in todays society people making the decision to hold someone at point blank is also willing to shoot them. I personally dont see the problem with a professional athlete carrying a weapon on them. The man inflicted damage to himself and that is it. Really stupid moment for Plax.

nobodyinparticular
11-29-2008, 05:51 PM

http://www.google.com/hostednews/ap/article/ALeqM5jMJP9ep_VABDoexPPDXfIDbnJL6gD94O9RE80

This news article supports what you are saying. The first guy draws a weapon. The second guy pulls out his gun and the first guy... runs...

For those of you who are arguing with Akili, do you realize you're arguing with a guy who does this for a living? Your own pre-conceived ideas of how a mugging goes down and what happens when someone pulls a gun on someone else are not necessarily right. You think your own ideas without any research are more right than the training that cops receive based on research? Yeah... Good luck with that.

The point is that it may very well be a good idea for a high-profile football player to carry a gun for protection as evidenced by the violence surrounding so many players. But as Akili said, it's not a good idea to shoot yourself with the gun. Get the right training, practice and you're better off than not carrying a gun. If, however, you carry around a gun without training, you're just dumb and as evidenced by Plax, you are more of a danger to yourself than any mugger.

Bruce Banner
11-29-2008, 05:54 PM
Bruce your counting on the fact that even after you have given the armed man what he wants that hes not just going to kill you anyway. Sadly in todays society people making the decision to hold someone at point blank is also willing to shoot them. I personally dont see the problem with a professional athlete carrying a weapon on them. The man inflicted damage to himself and that is it. Really stupid moment for Plax.

Well, there seems to be a split. Those who figure the perp will kill, and those that think the perp will run at the first sign of self-defense. The numbers side with the latter, but THERE ARE ALWAYS aberrations.

I just won't carry a gun and not put myself in situations that put me at a higher risk.

Plax is a character, for sure.

Jvig43
11-29-2008, 05:57 PM
Well, there seems to be a split. Those who figure the perp will kill, and those that think the perp will run at the first sign of self-defense.

I just won't carry a gun and not put myself in situations that put me at a higher risk.

Plax is a character, for sure.

Professional athletes are always at risk once they start making millions. You are not which is why im not arguing whether you should carry a gun or whether or not to put yourself in a bad situation. Thats the way i look at it.

Bruce Banner
11-29-2008, 05:59 PM
Professional athletes are always at risk once they start making millions.

Which is why they shouldn't venture out to places where they are put at even MORE risk. Bringing a gun to offset whatever might happen is just creating the possibility for more problems. Especially in places such as clubs, where multiple people can be affected by your confrontation another individual.

Jvig43
11-29-2008, 06:06 PM
Which is why they shouldn't venture out to places where they are put at even MORE risk. Bringing a gun to offset whatever might happen is just creating the possibility for more problems. Especially in places such as clubs, where multiple people can be affected by your confrontation another individual.

So the man should just have no life outside of the NFL because its better to do that then to bring some type of protection for himself? He is a person, if someone told you not to go out on fridays you'd give them the middle finger. Clubs and bars are where most people 20-30 go on their nights off, no different for athletes. If he had the gun registered, and it was perfectly legal to be holding the gun at the club, then this is nothing more then Plax being an idiot by shooting himself.

Bruce Banner
11-29-2008, 06:12 PM
So the man should just have no life outside of the NFL because its better to do that then to bring some type of protection for himself?

Get bodyguards then.

j05son
11-29-2008, 06:13 PM
Plax shot?

Eh. It's not like it's the first time a safety beat him.

tjsunstein
11-29-2008, 06:16 PM
What exactly is being discussed right now? Because to me it sounds like personal preference opposed to what actually happened. Personal preference isn't going to go anywhere debate wise because both minds are set.

I'm really interested in the fallout of this because I'm beginning to doubt Plaxico had the right to have the firearm in the club/bar especially in NY/NJ from what I hear. Plax is gonna get some kind of penalty, that's undeniable but what it will be is the question? I'm sure there is something in his contract that says he can't be a jackass.

CJSchneider
11-29-2008, 06:30 PM
Plax shot?

Eh. It's not like it's the first time a safety beat him.

That's funny. In all seriousness though, I do hope he is ok.

tjsunstein
11-29-2008, 06:31 PM
That's funny. In all seriousness though, I do hope he is ok.

I hope all is well also for him and his career but I do hope that he learns something from this as do other athletes.

Jvig43
11-29-2008, 06:33 PM
Get bodyguards then.

I agree with this as well, the man does need protection, and body guards would most likely be the safest way to go, only itd be more expensive.

Jvig43
11-29-2008, 06:34 PM
What exactly is being discussed right now? Because to me it sounds like personal preference opposed to what actually happened. Personal preference isn't going to go anywhere debate wise because both minds are set.

I'm really interested in the fallout of this because I'm beginning to doubt Plaxico had the right to have the firearm in the club/bar especially in NY/NJ from what I hear. Plax is gonna get some kind of penalty, that's undeniable but what it will be is the question? I'm sure there is something in his contract that says he can't be a jackass.

I really doubt he will get a penalty against him. He shot himself, in a club scene where security had obviously failed to do its job.

tjsunstein
11-29-2008, 06:37 PM
I agree with this as well, the man does need protection, and body guards would most likely be the safest way to go, only itd be more expensive.

More expensive than game checks and medical bills as well as reputation?

tjsunstein
11-29-2008, 06:38 PM
I really doubt he will get a penalty against him. He shot himself, in a club scene where security had obviously failed to do its job.

I still dont think you can excuse the fact that a gun that was in his possesion was fired aimlessly. He's lucky that it hit him and not someone else because then he would catch a case.

jayceheathman
11-29-2008, 06:55 PM

And I'm not depending on someone robbing me not hurting me or my family after I fold and give them what they want. I have seen it happen to others too many times.

Are you stating that a person that doesnt have his gun drawn wins? We had a cop come in for one class and he stated it was the opposite and that its impossible to reach for your gun, pull out, and shoot, before the other person just pulls the trigger. Maybe if he is drunk or something.

I wont forget one moment though. I was at the shooting range and this one guy was awesome. His shot was so good that he got bored shooting it in the bulls eye and started making a huge hole around the paper. He said, "after coming to gun ranges for 10 years and seeing the shot that the majority of people have, if someone pulls a gun on you, you are better off running because the odds are they wont hit you."

Bruce Banner
11-29-2008, 06:58 PM
Are you stating that a person that doesnt have his gun drawn wins? We had a cop come in for one class and he stated it was the opposite and that its impossible to reach for your gun, pull out, and shoot, before the other person just pulls the trigger. Maybe if he is drunk or something.

He's saying that if you take the time to pull out a gun the other person will sit there, let you pull it out, then run when they realize they are in danger. Because they really never had the intent to kill/harm you. The math checks out on that one, but I'm not going to be the anomaly that gets capped as soon as I pull out my 9.

yo123
11-29-2008, 07:19 PM
I'm surprised by the responses in this thread. Assuming the carrying the gun into the club was within the state's law, it's his right.

Seems to me like NFL players are at a higher risk of being mugged than almost anyone else, so I don't see why it's wrong for him to carry a gun to protect himself.

CashmoneyDrew
11-29-2008, 07:31 PM
I'm surprised by the responses in this thread. Assuming the carrying the gun into the club was within the state's law, it's his right.

Seems to me like NFL players are at a higher risk of being mugged than almost anyone else, so I don't see why it's wrong for him to carry a gun to protect himself.

If the place he carried it in was legal for him to do that, then that's fine. But he should at least be intelligent enough to know how to use the safety. Body guards are also options. Yeah, they are more expensive, but sometimes the more expensive way is the better way. Especially if you have the money.

yo123
11-29-2008, 07:37 PM
If the place he carried it in was legal for him to do that, then that's fine. But he should at least be intelligent enough to know how to use the safety. Body guards are also options. Yeah, they are more expensive, but sometimes the more expensive way is the better way. Especially if you have the money.

Well obviously the safety should have been on, for that he's a moron. But most people are making it seem like he shouldn't carry a gun on him, which I disagree with.

CashmoneyDrew
11-29-2008, 07:42 PM
Well obviously the safety should have been on, for that he's a moron. But most people are making it seem like he shouldn't carry a gun on him, which I disagree with.

I definitely think people should be a little smarter about where they pick and choose to carry guns. I'm not saying that they can't if it's legal in the place that they're going, but just because it's legal doesn't mean it's always a smart choice.

LonghornsLegend
11-29-2008, 08:04 PM

Sounds like he was drunk or ****** up:

The Super Bowl hero, who caught the game-winning catch in the Giants' big win over the Patriots in January, admitted to the guards that he was carrying heat.

He then allegedly moved over to a secluded area away from the club's velvet rope with a guard and started taking the gun out.

It's not clear exactly what happened next, but Burress apparently started trying to unload the bullets from the gun and bobbled it. A shot went off accidentally, ripping through his leg.

Ehhh, sounds like him and Pierce were already trashed before they got inside, anytime you shoot yourself trying to unload your gun your probably under the influence.

Funny, but not funny it happened like this...I have a few friends who carry registered guns with them and I just don't like them around me with people playing around with them or doing whatever, doesn't take much for someone to get shot on accident.

Zyro_1014
11-29-2008, 08:18 PM
guy is ridicuous, what does he have a gun with him for anyways?

Borat
11-29-2008, 08:47 PM
Ahahahaha. Shoot birds, not yourself Plex.

awfullyquiet
11-29-2008, 09:08 PM
The point is that it may very well be a good idea for a high-profile football player to carry a gun for protection as evidenced by the violence surrounding so many players. But as Akili said, it's not a good idea to shoot yourself with the gun. Get the right training, practice and you're better off than not carrying a gun. If, however, you carry around a gun without training, you're just dumb and as evidenced by Plax, you are more of a danger to yourself than any mugger.

The difference is this:

They (muggers) probably know who you are. Its probably premeditated somewhat. They become 'chosen'. Random muggings are that, mugging of a certain high profile person such as said people are more often not acquaintances or better. Someone who KNOWS you have money. It then becomes a different game when it becomes a concerted act instead of a fleeting act.

Smooth Criminal
11-29-2008, 10:42 PM
If Plax has that gun registered and its all legal than its his business if he wants the gun on him. I'll never carry one personally but its his choice if he wants one.

Poor Plax. This kind of thing would happen to him.

Mr. Stiller
11-29-2008, 11:54 PM
I see it both ways.

1) I have absolutely no issue for Plax to have a handgun if owned legally with the proper documents. My father and I have Handguns and permits to carry them concealed as well. Though IIRC the gun laws in NY/NJ are the most strict OUTSIDE of California. So if Plax is dumb enough to shoot himself, would it be completely asinine to believe that he wouldn't have gone through the hassle to get his permit as well?

2) As far as the club is considered. If you're that concerned. Get a VIP room or a body guard or 2 for the night. You don't need to have "Fulltime" Bodyguards, but if you're going out, and you're planning on partying big time, then it'd be much wiser to hire a guy or 2 to not only protect you, but protect people from you.

As far as the Liquor Laws... I'm betting that it's illegal for him to carry inside that club.

And I'm perusing the NY State gun laws. They have quite an assortment of "Licenses"..

Carrying:

A license to possess a handgun serves also as a license to carry unless restricted. If there are no restrictions written on the license, the licensee is permitted to carry a handgun, loaded or unloaded, concealed, on or about his person. An applicant for a license to carry must be required to show, in addition to the requirement for possession, that "proper cause exists" for the issuance of such a license; for example, for target shooting, hunting, or self-defense. The license can be amended to include one or more additional or different handguns. The licensee is required to carry the license on his person at all times when carrying a handgun. Possession of any "loaded" rifle or shotgun in a vehicle is illegal. A loaded handgun may be carried in a vehicle by a properly licensed individual. ("Loaded" means loaded in magazine or chamber. A loaded handgun means one for which the person possesses ammunition.)

iowatreat54
11-30-2008, 12:01 AM
9MnDvvBQSyE

Plax?

ChezPower4
11-30-2008, 12:04 AM
Just heard on NFL network that Plex did not have a permitt for the gun and could face up to 3 and half years in jail. Bad to ugly....

The Dynasty
11-30-2008, 12:05 AM
Just heard on NFL network that Plex did not have a permitt for the gun and could face up to 3 and half years in jail. Bad to ugly....

Wow if thats true, Giants should just get rid of him...they really dont need him with that running game.

Mr. Stiller
11-30-2008, 12:15 AM

Eh..

OJ didn't go to jail. Jayson Williams?

and they "Killed" people.

iowatreat54
11-30-2008, 12:20 AM
Eh..

OJ didn't go to jail. Jayson Williams?

and they "Killed" people.

allegedly.

if the glove doesn't fit, you must acquit. (or can not convict/commit)

Mr. Stiller
11-30-2008, 12:41 AM
allegedly.

if the glove doesn't fit, you must acquit. (or can not convict/commit)

Ok, ignore the OJ one..

Jayson Williams Shot his Limo Driver with a shotgun, dressed up the scene to make it look like the Limo driver Shot himself...

In the spring of 2002, he was tried on charges of gunning down 55 year old limousine driver Costas "Gus" Christofi at his estate in Alexandria Township, New Jersey on February 14, 2002.[1] Christofi had been hired to drive Williams's NBA charity team from a Bethlehem, Pennsylvania charity event to the mansion, about 30 miles northwest of Trenton, New Jersey. Members of Jayson's NBA charity basketball team present at the scene were Kent Culuko, former college basketball standout from James Madison University and members of Harlem Globetrotters as well as couple other less known individuals who, allegedly, assisted Jayson in evidence cover up. Published reports have said Williams was playing with a shotgun while giving a tour of his 30,000-square-foot home when the weapon fired, killing Christofi. At the time of Christofi's death, Williams was working as a studio analyst for The NBA on NBC from which he was consequently fired due to morality clause in his contract.

That April, he was acquitted of the most serious charges against him, but the jury deadlocked on a charge of reckless manslaughter, and he currently faces a retrial on that charge. He also faces trial on four charges related to his alleged attempts to cover up the circumstances of the driver's death. News of the shooting was shocking because Williams had an easygoing and humorous reputation. His wife endorsed her husband and her love for him in her website. In January 2005, he began to play professionally again in the Continental Basketball Association. In January 2003, the family of Costas "Gus" Christofi settled with Williams in a wrongful death lawsuit for $2.75 million.

Is supposed to be retried but 6 years later hasn't even seen a jail cell outside of Television and the internet.

Borat
11-30-2008, 12:57 AM
Well, if there are charges brought against him, then he'll get his day in court just like everyone else.

CashmoneyDrew
11-30-2008, 01:00 AM
Oh, they both did that ****. For reals.

Mr. Stiller
11-30-2008, 01:01 AM
Well, if there are charges brought against him, then he'll get his day in court just like everyone else.

you say that like it means something.

If Killing a guy and making the scene appear as if he killed himself gets you acquitted.... Shooting yourself in the leg with a non-permitted gun shouldn't even see court.

Borat
11-30-2008, 01:02 AM
you say that like it means something.

If Killing a guy and making the scene appear as if he killed himself gets you acquitted.... Shooting yourself in the leg with a non-permitted gun shouldn't even see court.

Anarchy! FTW

renegade
11-30-2008, 01:58 AM
Well Plaxico is officially an idiot...

Reasons Why-
-He Shot himself
-He shot himself with a gun he possessed illegally

tjsunstein
11-30-2008, 02:10 AM
.... And Plax is an idiot.

tjsunstein
11-30-2008, 02:13 AM
And I mean that in the most sincere way for the gun not being registered.

PackerLegend
11-30-2008, 02:17 AM
Atleast Plax did everyone a good deed and just shot himself instead of others. :D

DMWSackMachine
11-30-2008, 02:31 AM
I'm fascinated by all the "should-he shouldn't-he?" talk, but why isn't anyone talking about the effect that this will have on the Giants team? Isn't that kinda important?

I know the talk is that its no biggie and Domenik Hixon is the second coming of Jerry Rice, but is that reality? I think the idea of the Giants have this incredibly deep recieving corps is quite laughable. What has been happening this season is that they have run the ball so incredibly well that they haven't needed to pass it that well, really. When you add in the fact that they've had a highly improved Eli playing behind a good pass protecting OL, throwing to a solid duo of WRs, they've been able to be productive in that aspect of the game.

However, I have yet to see an opponent line up and say "guess what, you're not going to run on us, lets see if you can beat us through the air". I expected that from Baltimore, but it wasn't there. They didn't come out with a "we're going to stop the run at all costs" philosophy, and so later on--when they tried to plug their holes by bringing the safeties up--they couldn't get things back under control.

Often times, when you have a really good player at any position, they tend to be taken for granted. Even a game off here or there doesn't tell you have much they mean to the team. But several games in a row without them can really begin to teach you their value. I'm anxious to see which one it is. If the Giants survive this without a hiccup, then we will know that Plaxico has been getting too much credit. You simply can't be as good as he has been hyped to be (mostly by Giant fans) and not leave a gaping hole in your team, unless the guy that replaces you is an instant stud.

I think this could be devastating to thier offense. This is the NFL. You simply can't be one dimensional and have success. You must at least maintain the threat of both dimensions. I have been humbled by the prowess of the Giants run game plenty this season, and maybe they will do it again, but I struggle to see how they could line up without a passing game and still be as productive running the ball.

jayceheathman
11-30-2008, 02:58 AM
I see it both ways.

1) I have absolutely no issue for Plax to have a handgun if owned legally with the proper documents. My father and I have Handguns and permits to carry them concealed as well. Though IIRC the gun laws in NY/NJ are the most strict OUTSIDE of California. So if Plax is dumb enough to shoot himself, would it be completely asinine to believe that he wouldn't have gone through the hassle to get his permit as well?

2) As far as the club is considered. If you're that concerned. Get a VIP room or a body guard or 2 for the night. You don't need to have "Fulltime" Bodyguards, but if you're going out, and you're planning on partying big time, then it'd be much wiser to hire a guy or 2 to not only protect you, but protect people from you.

As far as the Liquor Laws... I'm betting that it's illegal for him to carry inside that club.

And I'm perusing the NY State gun laws. They have quite an assortment of "Licenses"..

Carrying:

Thats pretty much the same for all states. You cant just have your gun out unless you have a cause to do so which is why its called a concealed hangun license. If someone can see it and there is no reason then you are going against the law. As far as the liquor thing goes, it has to be 51% or more of their income from liquor for it to be illegal for him to carry in there. If not then its okay.

Gay Ork Wang
11-30-2008, 04:00 AM
REPORT: BURRESS HAD NO CARRY PERMIT
Posted by Mike Florio on November 29, 2008, 11:56 p.m.

We explained earlier tonight that, if Giants receiver Plaxico Burress didn’t have a valid license to carry a concealed weapon in New York City, he is facing a mandatory jail term of 3.5 years in prison.

Per the New York Post, Burress does not have a valid New York permit. His Florida permit expired in May 2008.

Though the Post characterizes Plaxico’s maximum criminal liability as one year in jail, mayor Michael Bloomberg made it clear in 2007 that illegal possession of a firearm in New York City results in a much stiffer penalty.

“Last year, our Administration succeeded in pushing through a law that gives New York the toughest penalty in the country for carrying an illegal loaded handgun,” Bloomberg said in July 2007. “Now, if you are convicted, you will serve a minimum of 3-1/2 years behind bars — no exceptions.”

If the phrase “no exceptions” includes “pro football players who scored the winning touchdown in a Super Bowl for the New York Giants,” then Burress has a problem much bigger than the hole in his leg.

http://www.profootballtalk.com/2008/11/29/report-burress-had-no-carry-permit/

Bruce Banner
11-30-2008, 04:04 AM
I can only hope that some hard time can change his character for the better.

though I doubt it will.

renegade
11-30-2008, 04:05 AM
^^^
Wow, he is screwed.

So not only did he shoot himself, he will go to jail for a minimum of 3.5 years for shooting himself.

Further reasons why Plaxico is an idiot-
-He's amassed $45,000 in league fines this season.
-He's been fined by the Giants 20+ times since 2005.
-He was suspended for a game by the team costing himself another $117,500.
-I am not going to condemn him for the two temporary restraining orders issued against him as details of the situation were not released.

But, he is clearly a wreckless individual and is rapidly becoming a detriment to his team.

wicket
11-30-2008, 07:20 AM
This opens the way for a Chuck Norris like running gag.
Plax is such an idiot that .....
-he thinks TGI Fridays is only open on fridays
-He wondered why the US Army did nothing when Russian tanks were driving into Georgia.
-when going to the toilet he washes his hands beforehand.
-*some president that is usually regarded as a moron* think he is stupid *no political jokes allowed so I dont put in a name, feel free to add whoever you feel appropriate)
-when trying to turn on a tv he talks dirty to it.
-he shoots himself with an unlicensed gun (oh wait he really did that one)
-He came in physics class in a track suit and in a physical education class with a banana and a condom.

(sorry they are made up on the spot so most of them arent that good, but you get the point)

Go_Eagles77
11-30-2008, 09:26 AM
Just heard Antonio Pierce hit the gun. Wow lol.

scottyboy
11-30-2008, 10:18 AM
I'm fascinated by all the "should-he shouldn't-he?" talk, but why isn't anyone talking about the effect that this will have on the Giants team? Isn't that kinda important?

I know the talk is that its no biggie and Domenik Hixon is the second coming of Jerry Rice, but is that reality? I think the idea of the Giants have this incredibly deep recieving corps is quite laughable. What has been happening this season is that they have run the ball so incredibly well that they haven't needed to pass it that well, really. When you add in the fact that they've had a highly improved Eli playing behind a good pass protecting OL, throwing to a solid duo of WRs, they've been able to be productive in that aspect of the game.

However, I have yet to see an opponent line up and say "guess what, you're not going to run on us, lets see if you can beat us through the air". I expected that from Baltimore, but it wasn't there. They didn't come out with a "we're going to stop the run at all costs" philosophy, and so later on--when they tried to plug their holes by bringing the safeties up--they couldn't get things back under control.

Often times, when you have a really good player at any position, they tend to be taken for granted. Even a game off here or there doesn't tell you have much they mean to the team. But several games in a row without them can really begin to teach you their value. I'm anxious to see which one it is. If the Giants survive this without a hiccup, then we will know that Plaxico has been getting too much credit. You simply can't be as good as he has been hyped to be (mostly by Giant fans) and not leave a gaping hole in your team, unless the guy that replaces you is an instant stud.

I think this could be devastating to thier offense. This is the NFL. You simply can't be one dimensional and have success. You must at least maintain the threat of both dimensions. I have been humbled by the prowess of the Giants run game plenty this season, and maybe they will do it again, but I struggle to see how they could line up without a passing game and still be as productive running the ball.

LOL. so our recieving corp being deep is laughable? hahahahaaha. Ignore the fact that we've got Hixon(who I've yet to crown, but has still preformed), Smith, Moss and Manningham all waiting behind Plax and Amani.

I'm pretty sure we've been winning with Plax being a non-factor most of the year. His high this year in yards was 133 week 1. We've been fine passing and running with him out and with him being almost non-existant. Am I worried? damn right. Is he an extremely valuable weapon and mismatch for ths postseason? of course he is. Will him being out kill us in the regular season? not at all.

It depends on when he gets suspended and for how long and when his trial starts. If he plays in the playoffs and his hearings aren't til after the post-season, the Giants will be fine. On the field, he's not nearly as big a distraction as Shockey was last year.

PackerLegend
11-30-2008, 10:18 AM
^^^
Wow, he is screwed.

So not only did he shoot himself, he will go to jail for a minimum of 3.5 years for shooting himself.

That's if hes charged and well hes a superstar so its unlikely.

He tried committing suicide but hes such a smart guy he thought shooting himself in the leg instead of the head would be more effective :D

scottyboy
11-30-2008, 10:36 AM
My fellow Giants fans, let's look on the bright side shall we?

Now there's a better chance we could draft Kenny Britt!!!!!!! <3

Geo
11-30-2008, 10:40 AM
Per the New York Post, Burress does not have a valid New York permit. His Florida permit expired in May 2008.
OUCH.

Maybe he and Mike Vick can become penpals.

bigbluedefense
11-30-2008, 10:46 AM
This is interesting to me. My biggest concern is the distraction this will cause, not the on field performance.

Bc quite frankly, we might be a better team without him. Our offense has looked better with him off the field, as odd as that sounds. And Ive long held the belief that he's overrated.

However, this is a huge distraction. Not a good thing for a team with some mojo going for it.

To me, losing Pierce is more hurtful than Burress. Not for his one the field play (again, our team might be better physically without Pierce as well) but more mentally and leadership wise.

For however long he is gone, Im going to pay close attention to how our offense performs without him. So far its done better without him. But realistically it will take a dip in production. I wanna see how this plays out.

As for Burress...he's an idiot. I wouldn't mind letting him go.

Id love to see Goff at MIKE if this happens. I love me some Goff.

Borat
11-30-2008, 11:51 AM
This one is for G.O.W.

"Let's be serious for a second. Plaxico pulled out a gun for the ages today. Against a poor leg? Sure."

tjsunstein
11-30-2008, 12:57 PM
Plax better see time for this.

Gay Ork Wang
11-30-2008, 01:32 PM
This one is for G.O.W.

"Let's be serious for a second. Plaxico pulled out a gun for the ages today. Against a poor leg? Sure."
U sir just won an internet

Twiddler
11-30-2008, 01:37 PM
This one is for G.O.W.

Wow, that's awesome.

tjsunstein
11-30-2008, 09:11 PM
Costas and Collingsworth put it best. They combined to say that is it a felony to carry a loaded weapon in the state of NY outside of your residence or workplace. It will be a complete mess for the judicial system to not fully prosecute Plax in this case. As Collingsworth said, he is not only bringing down himself but teammates as well thus forcing the Giants to get rid of him, leaving them no choice. What a terrible terrible waste of talent due to poor decision making. This is what happens when you let athletes ride on their athletics throughout school, they think they are above everything.

Jughead10
11-30-2008, 10:56 PM

Well they kind of showed you today. Plax has been a nonfactor for the past few weeks anyway, and I think (and hope) he has played his last game for us. This guy who wears #10, is the real deal, and can distribute the ball over the field without Plax.

I'm more worried about Pierce. Losing him would be much worse.

LonghornsLegend
11-30-2008, 10:58 PM
LOL. so our recieving corp being deep is laughable? hahahahaaha. Ignore the fact that we've got Hixon(who I've yet to crown, but has still preformed), Smith, Moss and Manningham all waiting behind Plax and Amani.

Your funny. I remember you in conversations talking about Dallas' WR's outside of TO and you pretty much laughed off Patrick Crayton and Miles Austin, yet your mentioning Mario Manningham as a reason why losing Plaxico might not be that bad? Ok.

On a side note I really like Hixon and think he's a player, he has shown he has some big play ability, not of the likes of Plaxico but I think he's more then serviceable.

Giantsfan1080
11-30-2008, 11:10 PM
Well they kind of showed you today. Plax has been a nonfactor for the past few weeks anyway, and I think (and hope) he has played his last game for us. This guy who wears #10, is the real deal, and can distribute the ball over the field without Plax.

They had the gun at Plax's house so I'm not sure if we have to worry about Pierce.

bigbluedefense
12-01-2008, 07:30 AM

Im hoping he's done with us as well. The Giants don't need guys like him. I think he's getting a bad rap right now, but still, we don't need that nonsense. We're plenty good without him.

He's the last bad apple that we need to get rid of. Im taking this the same way I took the shockey situation. If he's gone....great. If he stays...great. We're fine either way.

giantsfan
12-01-2008, 10:17 AM
Plax is a very good receiver and losing him hurts, but eli can spread the ball and had his biggest game of the season without plax. We've got depth at the position, no one as good as plax but we've got a bunch of guys who can make plays for us. Our passing game will still be effective with Hixon and Toomer as the starters with Steve Smith manning the slot. Manningham should start seeing some snaps and Moss has been decent.