PDA

View Full Version : Joey Porter Fined For Verbally Abusing Pats

kwilk103
11-30-2008, 02:32 PM
http://sports.aol.com/nfl/story/_a/bbdp/porter-fined-for-verbally-abusing-pats/262766

this is getting out of hand

WinslowEdwards19
11-30-2008, 02:52 PM
Joey Porter once again is a joke.

saintsfan912
11-30-2008, 02:54 PM
This is definitely getting ridiculous. I am, by no means, a Joey Porter or Miami fan but what the ****? For verbally abusing another player? Really?

BmoreBlackByrdz
11-30-2008, 03:11 PM
Wow, what the hell?!?!? whats this league turning into?? might as well be playing ****** checkers.

Mr. Stiller
11-30-2008, 03:54 PM
Hey this is the same league that fined Channing Crowder the same amount as the guy punching him in the face.

Matt Light Punches him 3-5 times and Crowder gets fined.

Brent
11-30-2008, 03:56 PM
Joey Porter once again is a joke.
QFT

Porter needs attention like no one else. It's sad.

steelersfan43
11-30-2008, 04:51 PM
Goodell loves the patriots and wants to have their babies.

Bruce Banner
11-30-2008, 04:54 PM
++, Porter sucks.

But the sissification is disturbing.

ChezPower4
11-30-2008, 04:58 PM
Didn't know you could get fined for that? These are grown men I'm pretty sure that they can handle some trash talking. Next someone going to get fined for giving another player a dirty look.

Mr. Stiller
11-30-2008, 04:59 PM
++, Porter is a joke.

and those that defend him are either Pittsburgh jock swingers or Miami fans.
haha

I think Porter talks way too much and he's having a great season, still don't want him back.

Fact remains that he does have a point, and the NFL's fining system is becoming a joke.

Gay Ork Wang
11-30-2008, 05:14 PM
ur a joke!!!!

Ravens1991
11-30-2008, 06:15 PM
I hate Porters guts, but I do think this fine is uncalled for.

Mr. Stiller
11-30-2008, 06:31 PM
ur a joke!!!!

I'll admit.. I lol'd

sbh15
11-30-2008, 07:07 PM
The fine is a joke.

But then again, Porter is too (off of the field).

kalbears13
11-30-2008, 07:26 PM
One of my favorite videos of all time.

06ibcmu0qIM

sbh15
11-30-2008, 07:32 PM

06ibcmu0qIM

IM A ******* SOLDIER

Bucs_Rule
11-30-2008, 07:36 PM
Play nice kids. No foul language or you won't get your cookie after your nap.

Ravens1991
11-30-2008, 08:08 PM
http://cache.daylife.com/imageserve/09STeVHgRcaDr/610x.jpg

When I saw that live it was so funny. I can't find the video but Porter pulled Jamal on top of him. When Jamal was getting up he just shoved Porters face mask. I hate Porter so much. All the trash he talks, add in his total cheap shot on Heap. Also him and 4 of his friends jumped that Bengals LT in Vegas. He is just a classless human being.

Mr. Stiller
11-30-2008, 08:20 PM
http://cache.daylife.com/imageserve/09STeVHgRcaDr/610x.jpg

When I saw that live it was so funny. I can't find the video but Porter pulled Jamal on top of him. When Jamal was getting up he just shoved Porters face mask. I hate Porter so much. All the trash he talks, add in his total cheap shot on Heap. Also him and 4 of his friends jumped that Bengals LT in Vegas. He is just a classless human being.

As much as Joey Porter is a POS.. I don't think a Ravens fan can really complain about some one being a classless human being (Bart Scott bragging for 3 years or so now about injuring players, Lewis' involvement in that homicide..)

tjsunstein
11-30-2008, 08:32 PM
One of the dumbest fines of all time. Getting into someone else's head and using it to your advantage warrants a fine? Get real Goodell.

Ravens1991
11-30-2008, 09:22 PM
As much as Joey Porter is a POS.. I don't think a Ravens fan can really complain about some one being a classless human being (Bart Scott bragging for 3 years or so now about injuring players, Lewis' involvement in that homicide..)

Every Ravens fan on here agrees Scott is a turd. I admire him for how he came from nothing going against big odds but he does talk a lot of trash, he was out of control against the Pats which cost us the game. When did he brag a bout people being injured? All I remember is he said "he put a little hot sauce on that ankle" refering to spraining Reggie Bushs ankle because Reggie tried to cheap shot him earlier. And Ray Lewis is innocent in the court of law say what you want but Ray is up there w/ every player in the NFL when it comes to helping out the community.

Mr. Stiller
11-30-2008, 09:29 PM
Every Ravens fan on here agrees Scott is a turd. I admire him for how he came from nothing going against big odds but he does talk a lot of trash, he was out of control against the Pats which cost us the game. When did he brag a bout people being injured? All I remember is he said "he put a little hot sauce on that ankle" refering to spraining Reggie Bushs ankle because Reggie tried to cheap shot him earlier. And Ray Lewis is innocent in the court of law say what you want but Ray is up there w/ every player in the NFL when it comes to helping out the community.

I might have gone too far on the Ray thing, I know he's great for the community but obstructing Justice during a homicide investigation kind of takes the shine off that a bit.

As for Scott I give him credit for making it to the NFL.. but He cries on the Radio, talks about "Hitlists" (for lack of better term), The Reggie Bush "Sauce" and still bragging 3 years later for his unblocked hit that knocked Roethlisberger out of the game.

Ravens1991
11-30-2008, 09:32 PM
I do agree obstructing justice is bad. And I also agree that Scott says a lot of un called for trash talking. Like calling Hines Ward Soy Sauce. I mean every team has there trash talkers and dirty players. It wont change, I think its good in a way, trash talks gets me fired up for the games whether its Porter coming to baltimore talking trash or someone talking trash about Porter.

Mr. Stiller
11-30-2008, 09:53 PM
I do agree obstructing justice is bad. And I also agree that Scott says a lot of un called for trash talking. Like calling Hines Ward Soy Sauce. I mean every team has there trash talkers and dirty players. It wont change, I think its good in a way, trash talks gets me fired up for the games whether its Porter coming to baltimore talking trash or someone talking trash about Porter.

The only time Porter really spoke out that I agreed with were 1) that the refs jobbed us on that Troy INT in indy, and 2) when he was calling out Jerramy Stevens (Stephens?) who is truly a POS in real life.

PoopSandwich
11-30-2008, 10:06 PM

06ibcmu0qIM

Kellens gonna be gone after this year and im gonna hide in a corner for 80 years in honor of the legendary kellen winslow.

kalbears13
11-30-2008, 10:17 PM
Kellens gonna be gone after this year and im gonna hide in a corner for 80 years in honor of the legendary kellen winslow.

Even if Chud is still the OC?

XxXdragonXxX
12-02-2008, 12:57 PM
Porter gets 7,500 for talking...

Santana Moss gets 5,000 for this...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nLBfDDk6Rhw&feature=related

And didnt even get thrown out of the game.

Mr. Stiller
12-02-2008, 12:59 PM
CROWDER FINE FUELED BY COMMENTS DIRECTED TO LIGHT
Posted by Mike Florio on November 27, 2008, 12:25 p.m. EST

So why were the fines imposed on Dolphins linebacker Channing Crowder and Patriots left tackle Matt Light identical, even though video of their altercation suggested that Light got in more licks than Crowder?

Per Charley Casserly of CBS, Crowder made “offensive personal comments” to Light.

Casserly said that the league has been trying to dissuade players from engaging in such banter, since it tends to incite violence.

The specific content of Crowder’s remarks isn’t known.

Yeah, Crowder got fined for Talking Smack and getting his asskicked. I wonder if they know if he actually said something, or what he actually said.

Bigburt63
12-02-2008, 01:09 PM
Hey this is the same league that fined Channing Crowder the same amount as the guy punching him in the face.

Matt Light Punches him 3-5 times and Crowder gets fined.

not that i am condoning what light did, but crowder threw the first punch during the play, underneath the facemask. i am surprised light, if not both, were not suspended.

Edit: unofficial reports on the radio up here said that crowder said something about light's wife, and what he wanted to do to her. light didnt respond, on the line before the kick, but then when crowder punched light...well u all know what happened from there.

Jvig43
12-02-2008, 01:17 PM
not that i am condoning what light did, but crowder threw the first punch during the play, underneath the facemask. i am surprised light, if not both, were not suspended.

Edit: unofficial reports on the radio up here said that crowder said something about light's wife, and what he wanted to do to her. light didnt respond, on the line before the kick, but then when crowder punched light...well u all know what happened from there.

Yeah they were discussing this on the Radio and couldnt say what Porter was saying. Apparently Crowder had been saying things about his family all game, and didnt stop. I was surprised at least Matt didnt get suspended.

Matthew Jones
12-03-2008, 06:31 AM
Yeah they were discussing this on the Radio and couldnt say what Porter was saying. Apparently Crowder had been saying things about his family all game, and didnt stop. I was surprised at least Matt didnt get suspended.

I'm surprised Channing Crowder didn't pee his pants. :P

Anyone remember that article where Crowder talks about how the Dolphins would all pee in their pants during practice instead of going to the practice?

Matthew Jones
12-03-2008, 06:33 AM
Here it is, a Sporting News excerpt:

http://findarticles.com/p/articles/mi_m1208/is_29_230/ai_n16546587/pg_11

...guys just pee down their leg out there practicing. Hell, I do it.

Apparently, Dom Rhodes peed himself in the police car during that DUI arrest, too.

http://www.faniq.com/blog/If-peeing-your-pants-is-cool-than-Im-Dominic-Rhodes-Blog-1766

How many weird things can a Google search turn up?