PDA

View Full Version : Bad Fans...

PoopSandwich
11-30-2008, 08:17 PM
I make this thread because I'm curious if other people have been at a game where you just cannot believe how the fans are acting.

Derek Anderson was not having the best of games today but he surely wasn't the only reason we weren't winning the game...

Yet, late in the game Kevin Shaffer gets absolutely owned and Derek Anderson suffered an MCL injury and was in clear pain, and the fans started to cheer and chant "Dorsey"

I cannot stand the douche bags that buy tickets and cheer when players get injured, most of the time it's the casual fan who doesn't know a damn thing and just sees a team losing and wants to blame it all on the QB.

“Mary Kay,” he told a writer who asked about it, “they don’t like me. That’s well known.” A writer told Anderson he hoped they would meet again. “Probably in the next life,” the quarterback said.

Thats horrible, he's a good guy and the fans treat him like ****, it makes me hate being a Browns fan more than just the ****** teams that we field year after year.

Mr. Stiller
11-30-2008, 08:19 PM
I make this thread because I'm curious if other people have been at a game where you just cannot believe how the fans are acting.

Derek Anderson was not having the best of games today but he surely wasn't the only reason we weren't winning the game...

Yet, late in the game Kevin Shaffer gets absolutely owned and Derek Anderson suffered an MCL injury and was in clear pain, and the fans started to cheer and chant "Dorsey"

I cannot stand the douche bags that buy tickets and cheer when players get injured, most of the time it's the casual fan who doesn't know a damn thing and just sees a team losing and wants to blame it all on the QB.

“Mary Kay,” he told a writer who asked about it, “they don’t like me. That’s well known.” A writer told Anderson he hoped they would meet again. “Probably in the next life,” the quarterback said.

Thats horrible, he's a good guy and the fans treat him like ****, it makes me hate being a Browns fan more than just the ****** teams that we field year after year.

I think whats worse than that is when you can't get tickets for your team in ****** weather and you look at the stands during the game and only 50ish% of the ticketholders show up.

tjsunstein
11-30-2008, 08:25 PM
Philadelphia fans are the worst by far. No I'm not saying that the fans on this board group into that because you guys can name 5 other players not named McNabb or Westbrook. Their behavior at games is unexcusable. They completely dismiss the fact that children and families are in attendence as well and say the most obnoxious stuff.

saintsfan912
11-30-2008, 08:25 PM
What pisses me off more than anything is teams fans booing their own players. It's been happening all year with LSU and its ridiculous. What the **** do you expect with a freshman QB?

I also hate those douche bags that have probably never been to a football game selling tickets for 200 bucks over face value. They are the real pieces of ****.

Bruce Banner
11-30-2008, 08:32 PM
Back in the Buccaneer creamsicle days, I remember there being fans that showed up to boo.

I remember when Favre and the pack came to town for a game (back in the NFC central era). Our "fans" were cheering on Favre. Trying to "light a fire under ownership" apparently.

tjsunstein
11-30-2008, 08:33 PM
Back in the Buccaneer creamsicle days, I remember there being fans that showed up to boo.

I remember when Favre and the pack came to town for a game (back in the NFC central days). Our "fans" were cheering on Favre. Trying to "light a fire under ownership" apparently.

Who doesnt cheer for Favre? And that's funny because I remember a game where Favre threw 4 or 5 picks in Tampa Bay so the fans mustve looked dumb.

Bruce Banner
11-30-2008, 08:37 PM
Who doesnt cheer for Favre? And that's funny because I remember a game where Favre threw 4 or 5 picks in Tampa Bay so the fans mustve looked dumb.

I think the Packers won 33-3.

edit: 34-3

the good days.

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/boxscores/199609010tam.htm

dilfer threw 4 picks

tjsunstein
11-30-2008, 08:44 PM
Week 12 of 2002.

Favre throws 4 picks against the Bucs in Tampa Bay. We lost that game 21-7.

Brent
11-30-2008, 08:51 PM
I was at the game when T.O. did his thing on the star in Texas Stadium (http://espn.go.com/nfl/2000/20000924/recap/sfodal.html). I was subjected to all sorts of verbal abuse by Cowboys fans. I wasnt the one making an ass of myself on the field nor was I provoking anyone sitting around me, so I dont know why they felt it was necessary to get on my case.

EDIT: I was also at this one (http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/recap?gameId=221208006) but didnt get any crap.

Bruce Banner
11-30-2008, 08:54 PM
I think we should establish that each fan base has bad eggs, some just have worse ones than others. And more of them.

I was a bad fan once.

http://www.baseball-reference.com/boxes/SLN/SLN200607190.shtml

This cleat chasing ***** was wearing a Chipper jersey and sitting two seats away from me. She jumped up and starting yelling crazily after every play CHIPPER made, didn't care about any other player. So I gave her the glare of death and that ended right there after the sixth. Ok, not really a bad fan, but not welcoming.

Zyro_1014
11-30-2008, 08:56 PM
I was at the game when T.O. did his thing on the star in Texas Stadium. I was subjected to all sorts of verbal abuse by Cowboys fans. I wasnt the one making an ass of myself on the field nor was I provoking anyone sitting around me, so I dont know why they felt it was necessary to get on my case.

EDIT: I was also at this one:
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/recap?gameId=221208006
but didnt get any crap.

shouldve thrown some elbows! git em out of youre grill! ;)

ChezPower4
11-30-2008, 08:58 PM
That's just how some people are they go to games to talk **** and boo. If there teams not winning their the ones leading the other retards in the booing. Most of the time people boo just because other people are.

tjsunstein
11-30-2008, 08:59 PM
I think we should establish that each fan base has bad eggs, some just have worse ones than others. And more of them.

I like to think that all the Packers fans were angels before the Favre situation this offseason. I also think theyre the most loyal in the NFL. I like to compare them to Notre Dame. Very well traveled as well as selling out every game for the last like 20 years. Steelers have excellent fans as well, and the Pats fans are coming out of the woodwork the last couple years. Dallas also has to be mentioned.

BufFan71
11-30-2008, 09:12 PM
i wish the crowd would act like that towards trent edwards

BlindSite
11-30-2008, 09:15 PM
Greenbay fans we're douche bags today.

In the fourth DeAngelo Williams tried to throw a ball to some fans in the stands and the assholes behind them (gb) tried to knock it back onto the field.

Bruce Banner
11-30-2008, 09:17 PM

In the fourth DeAngelo Williams tried to throw a ball to some fans in the stands and the assholes behind them (gb) tried to knock it back onto the field.

That's just expected from any fans.

skinzzfan25
11-30-2008, 09:18 PM

I saw that on another highlight this week but I forget which game...

Kinda funny though haha.

Zyro_1014
11-30-2008, 09:21 PM

would you expect anything else? lol

familyguy555
11-30-2008, 09:24 PM
Yeah lol one of the 49ers WR's caught a TD and walked over to give it to a fan and a Bill's fan knocked it away.

Twiddler
11-30-2008, 09:29 PM

Meh, I didn't think that was douche-bag worthy but I guess that's just me.

skinzzfan25
11-30-2008, 09:29 PM
Yeah lol one of the 49ers WR's caught a TD and walked over to give it to a fan and a Bill's fan knocked it away.

Yeah haha, that was it.

Issac Bruce caught the TD :P

ThePudge
11-30-2008, 09:33 PM
Philadelphia fans are the worst by far. No I'm not saying that the fans on this board group into that because you guys can name 5 other players not named McNabb or Westbrook. Their behavior at games is unexcusable. They completely dismiss the fact that children and families are in attendence as well and say the most obnoxious stuff.

I disagree. I've lived in Philadelphia for 19 years and attended plenty of Eagles, Phillies, Sixers, and Flyers games from the age of five until today. The fans pride themselves on being vicious to opposing teams and fans. If a family of Cowboys fans stroll in there they can expect to be heckled. This, however, does not mean Eagles fans are assholes.

The fans demand a lot from their teams, yet they are some of the most loyal in the country. The fans packed the stands through the Eagles struggles, through the Phillies struggles, and through the Flyers hard times. They are loyal, they are passionate, they are loud, and intimidation is their fuel.

Would I recommend a family to buy seats in the nosebleeds with the drunks? Absolutely not. However, Philadelphia is a great place for sports and has some of the best fans in sports.

Everyone knows about the boos, everyone talks about the boos, but what about that loyalty and passion?

The worst fans are the ones with tickets and won't go to the game because their team is enduring a tough year. I would have loved to be in Cincinnati today, though it would have meant watching my team get the crap kicked out of them. There is the right way to support your team or show your frustration. The worst fans are the ones who abandon their team and do nothing. Those are the fans that leave a game at halftime because the score may be 21-3 or so. Philadelphia fans will crowd the stadium and not let up.

GB12
11-30-2008, 09:41 PM

In the fourth DeAngelo Williams tried to throw a ball to some fans in the stands and the assholes behind them (gb) tried to knock it back onto the field.That's not being douche bags that's being fans. DeAngelo Williams can do that all he wants in Carolina, but you don't do that in other team's stadiums. I was actually about 50 rows directly back from that and our whole section cheered when it was knocked back. It's just like if you're at a baseball game and catch an opposing player's home run ball you throw it back.

yo123
11-30-2008, 09:43 PM

I'm fairly certain that would have happened at anywhere else other than Carolina.

Sniper
11-30-2008, 10:22 PM

Three posts in...I had 3.5 as the o/u on posts before someone mentions Philadelphia fans.

FYI, Eagles fans are among some of the most knowledgeable fans in the NFL.

Twiddler
11-30-2008, 10:26 PM
Three posts in...I had 3.5 as the o/u on posts before someone mentions Philadelphia fans.

FYI, Eagles fans are among some of the most knowledgeable fans in the NFL.

Just curious, but how did you come to that conclusion? I'm not saying that its not true, but I'm just wondering how that statement could be made by any team.

Bruce Banner
11-30-2008, 10:27 PM
Just curious, but how did you come to that conclusion? I'm not saying that its not true, but I'm just wondering how that statement could be made by any team.

Eagles fans have to pick up an NFL trivia test on the way into the stadium. When they leave they have to turn them in completed. I guess the results are favorable.

Sniper
11-30-2008, 10:28 PM

Ever been to a Philly game?

tjsunstein
11-30-2008, 10:39 PM
Philly fans are very knowledgeable but they take their passion excuse and use it when fighting other fans for wearing another teams jersey. I've lived in the Philly area for my whole life as well and I go to about half of the Phillies home games. Theres a difference between being passionate and being a complete scum bag. Dont get me wrong, the Philly fans are one of the most knowledgeable in the NFL but they are the most disrespectful as well. This thread is about the Best fans though and not even being a homer I have to say that that reputation belongs to Green Bay.

Sniper
11-30-2008, 10:51 PM
This thread is about the Best fans though and not even being a homer I have to say that that reputation belongs to Green Bay.

Might I recommend re-reading the title of the thread?

tjsunstein
11-30-2008, 11:06 PM
Might I recommend re-reading the title of the thread?
Recommendation taken. D'oh.

bearfan
11-30-2008, 11:09 PM
You want bad fans? Go look at the chicago bears message board (the actual website). Some posters relish the fact that Orton has bad games just to say "Put Grossman in!". Say the same thing when he plays a mediocre game. Thats bad up there, but I think what some posters do there is pretty bad too.

tjsunstein
11-30-2008, 11:10 PM
You want bad fans? Go look at the chicago bears message board (the actual website). Some posters relish the fact that Orton has bad games just to say "Put Grossman in!". Say the same thing when he plays a mediocre game. Thats bad up there, but I think what some posters do there is pretty bad too.
Rexasaurus.

MetSox17
11-30-2008, 11:12 PM
I also hate those douche bags that have probably never been to a football game selling tickets for 200 bucks over face value. They are the real pieces of ****.

It's called market value. It trumps face value any day of the week. If you don't wanna fork over the cash to get yourself one, watch the game at home.

MetSox17
11-30-2008, 11:13 PM
Didn't Philly fans throw a freakin' smoke bomb at a hockey game this year?

Sniper
11-30-2008, 11:16 PM

Yes. Flyers fans are a completely different breed.

Brent
11-30-2008, 11:28 PM
That is awesome.

MetSox17
11-30-2008, 11:33 PM

I know something else happened this year at a Philadelphia game. Not sure if it was baseball or hockey again, but there were two instances where i just laughed.

PoopSandwich
12-01-2008, 12:34 AM
I dunno guys but I'm pretty disgusted that our fans treat DA, a very nice dude, like complete ****, and cheer when he gets hurt.

I mean what the **** seriously, I was flicking off the crowd and telling them to go **** themselves, but they're too dumb and drunk to even know what's going on anyway, I bet half of them thought Quinn was on the bench and coming in, and I bet a quarter of them thought Dorsey was Quinn.

Gay Ork Wang
12-01-2008, 01:58 AM
Is Derek Anderson ur father or why do u love him so much?

tjsunstein
12-01-2008, 02:10 AM

As are Phillies fans, like I. The Eagles fans top the list, or bottom it, depending on how you look at it as far as people you want to be around with an opposing team's gear on. I think you would be better suited with an American flag in France. In Philly, I've seen NY cars being destroyed just because they were from NY and cars from Florida flipped during the World Series. Also, Maple Leafs fan left in the middle of the street beaten down after responding to a Flyers fan's comment. Mind you, the Leafs won that game too. If we're talking fans as a whole then Philly has the worst behavior. Let's not forget about the batteries thrown at J.D. Drew, snowballs at Santa, and holding up Obama signs at the Flyers game where Palin dropped the puck.

Turtlepower
12-01-2008, 02:19 AM
I once went to an Eagles game in Philly and was stabbed in the gut. That sucked.

dunagan15
12-01-2008, 02:30 AM
I once went to an Eagles game in Philly and was stabbed in the gut. That sucked.

Holy ****. Thats a rough day.

Turtlepower
12-01-2008, 02:39 AM
Holy ****. Thats a rough day.

The guy apologized after, so it was all square.

kalbears13
12-01-2008, 03:46 AM
I dunno guys but I'm pretty disgusted that our fans treat DA, a very nice dude, like complete ****, and cheer when he gets hurt.

I mean what the **** seriously, I was flicking off the crowd and telling them to go **** themselves, but they're too dumb and drunk to even know what's going on anyway, I bet half of them thought Quinn was on the bench and coming in, and I bet a quarter of them thought Dorsey was Quinn.

Obviously they haven't seen Ken Dorsey play football before or else they wouldn't be cheering.

Twiddler
12-01-2008, 08:21 AM
Ever been to a Philly game?

No, but that's the whole point. Unless its someone who has been to all stadiums numerous times and dealt with each teams set of fans (which I doubt you have) then its stupid to make a statement like that. You may be able to know that some Philly fans are very intelligent people but to compare them to the rest of the fans in the NFL is iffy.

tjsunstein
12-01-2008, 09:02 AM
An Fox NFL reporter came to Philly and made that statement that it was the most knowledgeable football city he has been to. Assuming he's been more places than me, I'll take his word for it.

It's no coincidence that you hear about Philly more than any other place though.

Gay Ork Wang
12-01-2008, 09:20 AM
Knowledge doesnt exclude douchbaggery

Maybe Next Year Millen2
12-01-2008, 09:31 AM
As a loyal Lions fan, I have a right to boo the team this year. But I live in Illinois so I have to call them on the phone to boo them. I should be allowed to punch everyone on that team in the face.

UK_Cheesehead
12-01-2008, 10:25 AM
I think unless the team is playing really, really bad like the dude's team above, you don't need to boo. You pay to watch your team and boo'ing them is only going to knock their confidence and give the opposition a boost as they know if they keep the pressure on the team/individual the boo'ing will just intensify.

FlyingElvis
12-01-2008, 12:32 PM
Cleveland fans seem to be pushing for the "Asshat Fan Crown" that currently resides in Philly. They pulled the same **** with Couch, too. Boos are fine when they're based on performance, but this isn't the first case of injuries being cheered in Cleveland. Totally unacceptable.

Knowledge doesnt exclude douchbaggery
Exactly. There are way too many stories of total idiocy that come out of a Philly stadium from every sport. Defending the indefensible acts of some fans by calling them loyal, passionate, knowledgable, or anything other than sociopathic is foolishness.

I like to think that all the Packers fans were angels before the Favre situation this offseason. I also think theyre the most loyal in the NFL. I like to compare them to Notre Dame. Very well traveled as well as selling out every game for the last like 20 years. Steelers have excellent fans as well, and the Pats fans are coming out of the woodwork the last couple years. Dallas also has to be mentioned.
Pats fans coming out of the woodwork are not Pats fans. Bandwagon jumping d-bags who probably haven't watched a game since Brady went down. Lots of sitting down, leaving early and a lack of noise make me think the Pats fans are spoiled at the very least, so I won't argue that they should be anywhere near the top of a best fans list.

Steelers would probably get my vote for best fans. Passionate without the horrific BS perpetrated in other cities. Green Bay is still up there at the top.

fenikz
12-01-2008, 12:37 PM
AZ fans sucks because they are all transplants, as soon as Dal, Pit, GB, or Chi come in they switch out there Cardinals jersey for what ever team

I still say we deport all these people back to the midwest

PoopSandwich
12-01-2008, 01:10 PM
Is Derek Anderson ur father or why do u love him so much?

Most of it is sarcasm, but this thread is not... I can't stand when fans cheer for players injuries just because all of them have a man crush for the backup.

Brent
12-01-2008, 02:52 PM
they are all transplants
I dont even like the Cards and I agree wholeheartedly. The Cards are actually good this year, they have a sweet stadium and still they wont support the team.

FlyingElvis
12-01-2008, 03:10 PM
Years of terrible ownership will do that to a fanbase.

Gay Ork Wang
12-01-2008, 03:11 PM
Lions disagree but its more decades than years

vikes_28
12-01-2008, 04:42 PM
Packers fans...

TheBuffaloBills
12-01-2008, 04:52 PM
I was sick to my stomach when J.P. Losman started the second half. When he walked on the field, many fans cheered him on. Since I was at the game, I thought Trent was benched, but he was just hurt. In fact I didnt realized Trent was hurt until the ride home.

Maybe Next Year Millen2
12-01-2008, 04:54 PM
Lions disagree but its more decades than years

It's been one majority of a decade for me as a Lions fan(8 years aka the Millen era). 90s was some good football in a tough division(Favre/Vikings WRs/lowly Bears/Tampa near the end of the Central). 60s 70s and 80s are for old people/Bears fans living in the past (Da Bears) as far as I'm concerned. And yet the Lions are 6-10 against the Bears with two OT losses and a Mike Williams dropped pass in there too for a loss in the Millen era. Amazing how well we match up against the Bears under Millen.

Look to the future with a new GM. No more easy wins for the North. Restore the Roar LOL.

Lions' fans loyalty can't be questioned. Sold out for 7 years under Millen and only year 8 do we stop selling out.

Dam8610
12-01-2008, 04:56 PM
I'd just like to point out a new type of bad fan that is emerging in today's NFL: The people in the good seats that are there just to be there. These people know relatively little about anything involving the game, or how to act at the game. If you sit in their section and actually act like a fan (see: make noise on defense, react to things on the field, etc.), they say "sit down", they randomly yell things like "GO (insert player here)!" when said player is standing on the sidelines, likely because that's one of the five players on the team whose name they know, and they make a half-hearted effort to make noise when the defense is in a third down situation, but otherwise, they do the "sit down" routine. Unfortunately, with the price of NFL tickets today, this type of fan probably isn't going to go away any time soon.

PoopSandwich
12-01-2008, 04:59 PM
I'd just like to point out a new type of bad fan that is emerging in today's NFL: The people in the good seats that are there just to be there. These people know relatively little about anything involving the game, or how to act at the game. .

Thats pretty much what im talking about, I honestly think Browns fans might be the dumbest fans in the game after what I have heard at Browns games, but I'm sure its liekt hat at other places.

Jughead10
12-01-2008, 05:03 PM
Jets fans are the absolute worst. On top of other things in the past, this weekend they were booing injured Denver players because their injuries were slowing down the game.

giantsfan
12-01-2008, 05:17 PM
Jets fans are the absolute worst. On top of other things in the past, this weekend they were booing injured Denver players because their injuries were slowing down the game.

I don't think i've ever met a jets fan who wasn't a scumbag.

tjsunstein
12-01-2008, 05:38 PM
Packers fans...
No. You can't even make a case.

I'd just like to point out a new type of bad fan that is emerging in today's NFL: The people in the good seats that are there just to be there. These people know relatively little about anything involving the game, or how to act at the game. If you sit in their section and actually act like a fan (see: make noise on defense, react to things on the field, etc.), they say "sit down", they randomly yell things like "GO (insert player here)!" when said player is standing on the sidelines, likely because that's one of the five players on the team whose name they know, and they make a half-hearted effort to make noise when the defense is in a third down situation, but otherwise, they do the "sit down" routine. Unfortunately, with the price of NFL tickets today, this type of fan probably isn't going to go away any time soon.

No one likes 'those fans', except other 'those fans.' I can't stand it but I usually see it more at baseball games.

tjsunstein
12-01-2008, 05:39 PM
I don't think i've ever met a jets fan who wasn't a scumbag.

Weird. I haven't met one that was.. Maybe its the Brett Favre connection but not one has been a douchebag.

gsorace
12-01-2008, 05:48 PM
Jets fans are probably the least knowledgeable fans I've encountered.

Turtlepower
12-01-2008, 05:53 PM
This sums up all you need to know of Jets fans:

http://www.urbandigs.com/ed.jpg

tjsunstein
12-01-2008, 05:57 PM
This sums up all you need to know of Jets fans:

http://www.urbandigs.com/ed.jpg

He's clearly putting the "J" in J-E-T-S. What's his name again? Fireman Ed or something?

Dam8610
12-01-2008, 05:57 PM
No one likes 'those fans', except other 'those fans.' I can't stand it but I usually see it more at baseball games.

That's because you're a Packer fan. The Packers are actually owned by Green Bay, so they're not likely to get a new luxury palace fully equipped with a ton of suites and overpriced club seats any time soon. Instead, Packers fans get what a football stadium should be: row after row of diehard fans that are only there to cheer on their favorite team. Seeing the transformation from the RCA Dome (the loudest place on Earth when it wanted to be) to LOS...it would be like if the Packers moved from Lambeau to Jerry Jones's new stadium. I'm glad for the new stadium, since it kept the Colts in Indianapolis, I just wish the real fans could afford to buy up the tickets of the non fans and make it a loud, raucous environment which opposing teams don't look forward to dealing with again.

giantsfan
12-01-2008, 06:13 PM
Weird. I haven't met one that was.. Maybe its the Brett Favre connection but not one has been a douchebag.

Everyone I've met out here in NY who likes the jets is just scum. I went to the Jets-Bills game last year and those douches were picking fights and ish whenever security was close enough to save them from an ass whooping. Just horrible human beings.

MetSox17
12-01-2008, 06:29 PM
A sooner fan checking the time until the romping is done.
http://i44.photobucket.com/albums/f30/ejones00/gooner.jpg

ChezPower4
12-01-2008, 06:30 PM
What a great fan, you'd think he'd just get up and leave.

Brent
12-01-2008, 06:33 PM
A sooner fan checking the time until the romping is done.
Reminds me of two years ago when I went to the TAMU-UT game in Austin and UT fans were there like it was social hour. Students werent even watching they were just hanging out and sipping their flasks. It was sad really.

MetSox17
12-01-2008, 06:37 PM
Reminds me of two years ago when I went to the TAMU-UT game in Austin and UT fans were there like it was social hour. Students werent even watching they were just hanging out and sipping their flasks. It was sad really.

Was it as bad as the aTm fans this year?

The Dynasty
12-01-2008, 06:38 PM
No. You can't even make a case.

I think means on how packer fans act to other fans of the NFL such as Rival Teams. Not as Fans of there team in general. Because Packer fans can be very obnoxious..Sometimes when the packers win the fans will love to rub it in against a rival but when they lose to a rival they just cant handle the same type of abuse sort of..thats what im trying to get at. I mean I bet Packer Fans dont like Viking Fans that much either but Neither are Bad Fans to there team...They are both very loyal fans.

The Best Fans have to be Lions fans...If they can handle what they have gone through and still watch them they have some strength in being a fan.

tjsunstein
12-01-2008, 07:05 PM
I think means on how packer fans act to other fans of the NFL such as Rival Teams. Not as Fans of there team in general. Because Packer fans can be very obnoxious..Sometimes when the packers win the fans will love to rub it in against a rival but when they lose to a rival they just cant handle the same type of abuse sort of..thats what im trying to get at. I mean I bet Packer Fans dont like Viking Fans that much either but Neither are Bad Fans to there team...They are both very loyal fans.

The Best Fans have to be Lions fans...If they can handle what they have gone through and still watch them they have some strength in being a fan.

I think it's like that with every team. No one takes kindly to trash talk after getting beat but yet everyone does it.

Bruce Banner
12-01-2008, 07:26 PM
I want to say...........

"In the NFL, no fan base is any better/worse/smarter/dumber/whatever than any other fan base when everything is averaged out. Every fan base goes through phases, along with their respective organizations."

but I can't!

TitleTown088
12-01-2008, 08:16 PM
auzzqw7UVAY

Can anyone top that?

Brent
12-01-2008, 08:22 PM
Was it as bad as the aTm fans this year?
How do you mean?

scottyboy
12-01-2008, 08:23 PM
i want to punch the majority of Giants fans in my area in the face. Mainly the ones who bought Tyree jerseys and would debate with me that Bradshaw was better than Jacobs, Tyree better than Toomer, and that Boss was a top 5 TE in the league. I then would tell them that Tyree caught more balls from Jeff Feagles last year than he did Eli...

Twiddler
12-01-2008, 08:24 PM

I see what you mean and I do know plenty of Packer fans who could definitely stand to be less of a douche-bag but don't you think that you being a fan of a rival team has a lot to do with your view of Packer fans? I think that the same applies to me when I look at Viking/Bears fans because I can't stand their teams, so I essentially have somewhat of a predetermined (I think that's how I should put it) dislike towards the person.

But I agree with you on Lions fans, as I think I would have jumped onto some bandwagon team at this point if I was in their shoes.

i want to punch the majority of Giants fans in my area in the face. Mainly the ones who bought Tyree jerseys and would debate with me that Bradshaw was better than Jacobs, Tyree better than Toomer, and that Boss was a top 5 TE in the league. I then would tell them that Tyree caught more balls from Jeff Feagles last year than he did Eli...

Damn straight, fans who don't know **** but still want to act like they know it all really bother me too. And for me the group that I really have come to despise is the hardcore (I mean really hardcore) Favre worshipers.

giantsfan
12-01-2008, 08:25 PM

We've got our fair share of idiots, at least most of the time they're not douches about it though.

Thecollegedropout
12-01-2008, 08:25 PM
It was for good reason, but what do us Jet fans know. I think to generalize us Jet fans because of a bad few(Some morons have done some bad things like the scandal with the woman last year) is ******* idiotic. Same with any of the fans who dared cheer Pennington for getting hurt and for Clemens to get in the game.

But anyways....

http://www.gazette.com/sports/boo_44237___article.html/make_rutherford.html

When the Denver Broncos had a third player in three plays go down with an injury against the New York Jets, the Jets fans started to boo.

There weren’t many fans remaining — the stadium was about half-empty at the beginning of the second half — but receiver Brandon Marshall didn’t appreciate their reaction, which continued for every Denver player who needed an injury timeout in the second half.

“Our fans don’t do that and we expect the same, but you can’t control people,” Marshall said.
Marshall said the booing motivated the .

“If it wasn’t for the fans maybe the outcome would have been different,” Marshall said. “We thank the Jets fans for booing when our guys were down. We took it personal.”

Cornerback Dre Bly, who was the third player in a row to go down in the third quarter, admitted to some gamesmanship. He had a bruised shin, but figured Jets quarterback Brett Favre would run a no-huddle and go right at him if he stayed on the field.

“If I had to I could have gotten up,” Bly said. “Once I saw Brett was trying to hurry up and catch us off balance, I guess I pulled a vet move and stayed on the ground.”

I'm sure Jet fans understand when a player gets hurt or not(Boldin got absolute silence and cheers from the fans) but the Broncos at one point had THREE guys go down in A ROW and this was when Leon was killing them with a screen play. Seven altogether if I remember correctly, cmon now. Shanahan is just doing typical magic that keeps it coming. From beginning the freeze the kicker to the chop blocks he teaches to his lineman to his working of the refs to now this.....This guy will do anything for an advantage.

scottyboy
12-01-2008, 08:27 PM
We've got our fair share of idiots, at least most of the time they're not douches about it though.

yea, alot are. especially the ones that talk so much thinking they know everything. sometimes I get angry at their stupidity, but I've learned to sit back and smile and only school them when they say something so dumb i literally "lol".

Benching Eli and drafting Dennis Dixon as our future starter was just one of the comments...

Twiddler
12-01-2008, 08:30 PM
“If I had to I could have gotten up,” Bly said. “Once I saw Brett was trying to hurry up and catch us off balance, I guess I pulled a vet move and stayed on the ground.”[/I]

I'm sure Jet fans understand when a player gets hurt or not(Boldin got absolute silence and cheers from the fans) but the Broncos at one point had THREE guys go down in A ROW and this was when Leon was killing them with a screen play. Seven altogether if I remember correctly, cmon now. Shanahan is just doing typical magic that keeps it coming. From beginning the freeze the kicker to the chop blocks he teaches to his lineman to his working of the refs to now this.....This guy will do anything for an advantage.

As if the Broncos would be the only team to ever do this? Come on...

Thecollegedropout
12-01-2008, 08:32 PM
As if the Broncos would be the only team to ever do this? Come on...
Then you cant get on the fans for booing for them trying to do this then......

Twiddler
12-01-2008, 08:37 PM
Then you cant get on the fans for booing for them trying to do this then......

I never did. But are you so sure that a lot of them that were booing were doing it because they were thinking he was prolonging his injury? I guess I just don't think that a majority (for any team) would be that quick to bash for that specific reason.

giantsfan
12-01-2008, 08:38 PM
yea, alot are. especially the ones that talk so much thinking they know everything. sometimes I get angry at their stupidity, but I've learned to sit back and smile and only school them when they say something so dumb i literally "lol".

Benching Eli and drafting Dennis Dixon as our future starter was just one of the comments...

See I think there's a difference between being ignorant and talking out your ass and straight up being a POS. I don't mind stupidity as much because there are so many **** tards I have to deal with on a daily basis that if I got pissed at everyone I'd be a serial killer

scottyboy
12-01-2008, 08:39 PM
see but the Jets have one good season in foreverz and think it's ok to do whatever. they don't remember what it's like to win.

90% of jets fans this year weren't rooting for the Jets last year.

there are still some very good Jet fans that surprise me though

Thecollegedropout
12-01-2008, 08:40 PM
I never did. But are you so sure that a lot of them that were booing were doing it because they were thinking he was prolonging his injury? I guess I just don't think that a majority (for any team) would be that quick to bash for that specific reason.
It got fishy once it was 3 times in a row and 7 times in a game. Its understandable regarding cramps but cmon it was getting sort of crazy because it only happens during the no huddle.

scottyboy
12-01-2008, 08:40 PM
See I think there's a difference between being ignorant and talking out your ass and straight up being a POS. I don't mind stupidity as much because there are so many **** tards I have to deal with on a daily basis that if I got pissed at everyone I'd be a serial killer

the week after the Super Bow, in modell's, some kid was bugging out because he couldn't find a Tyree jersey. I lol'ed.

I then cried when the worker said they sold out that week. I lost hope for humanity, all in the span of 5 minutes

giantsfan
12-01-2008, 08:42 PM
the week after the Super Bow, in modell's, some kid was bugging out because he couldn't find a Tyree jersey. I lol'ed.

I then cried when the worker said they sold out that week. I lost hope for humanity, all in the span of 5 minutes

hahahahahaha you had hope for humanity.

Mr. Stiller
12-01-2008, 08:47 PM
I've been to about 25 Steeler games the last 5 years and honestly... the only fight I've ever seen is when I went last year with my mom, 2 Drunk Steeler fans got in a fight outside the stadium.

It was funny as hell though, this guy (145lbs soaking wet) spilled beer on this big guys wife (Probably about 240+lbs), he asked him to apologize. The Skinny guy said he doesn't apologize for spilling beer on whores... and the big guy just started beating the **** out of him.

Took I think 7 guys to rip him off the small guy.

locseti
12-02-2008, 02:57 AM
I have to admit last year when we played the Browns McCown got hurt and I kind of rejoiced, it was pure reaction, not because I was glad because he got hurt, just happy that Culpepper was coming in. But Derek Anderson is better than both those QBs so I wouldnt have cheered if he got hurt. I actually like Anderson.

MasterShake
12-02-2008, 10:20 AM
90% of the Human race are douchebags...this is not a fan phenomenon.

gsorace
12-02-2008, 11:34 AM
90% of jets fans this year weren't rooting for the Jets last year.

90% of Jets fans last year became Giants fans after the super bowl

giantsfan
12-02-2008, 02:48 PM
90% of Jets fans last year became Giants fans after the super bowl

Which is why I'm happy I live in bills territory.

Gay Ork Wang
12-02-2008, 02:58 PM
90% of the Human race are douchebags...this is not a fan phenomenon.
damn i thought 99% at least