PDA

View Full Version : Plax Done for the Season?

thebow305
11-30-2008, 11:40 PM
Vote on whether you think Plaxico Burress will play or not at all the rest of the season. In the midsts of all the trouble going on around him, I don't see it.

Bruce Banner
11-30-2008, 11:42 PM
if it ain't broke........put that dude on IR ASAP.

or just cut his ass.

MetSox17
11-30-2008, 11:42 PM
Where's the "Who cares" option?

thebow305
11-30-2008, 11:43 PM
Where's the "Who cares" option?

It's called the "back" button.

And obviously you did because you clicked on the link.

BeerBaron
11-30-2008, 11:43 PM
I say end it with him. They just keep on rolling without him as they have for so many offensive players. No tiki? no problem...insert Jacobs. No Shockey? no problem....instert Boss. No Plax? no problem....insert Hixon.

As long as that o-line is beasting it up like they are, the skill position players are basically interchangeable imo. Throw Plax on IR and cut him loose after the season....nothing but a headache now anyway.

Rob S
11-30-2008, 11:45 PM
they dont need him, dont **** with chemistry

thebow305
11-30-2008, 11:48 PM
I say end it with him. They just keep on rolling without him as they have for so many offensive players. No tiki? no problem...insert Jacobs. No Shockey? no problem....instert Boss. No Plax? no problem....insert Hixon.

As long as that o-line is beasting it up like they are, the skill position players are basically interchangeable imo. Throw Plax on IR and cut him loose after the season....nothing but a headache now anyway.

I agree. They have too good of a thing going to let someone like him screw with it.

tjsunstein
11-30-2008, 11:49 PM
Um, a gunshot wound plus a suspension = No.

bantx
11-30-2008, 11:57 PM
And i just heard possible 7 years of jail time and hes pleading not guilty.

MetSox17
11-30-2008, 11:58 PM

Eh, that's the max penalty probably, which anyone hardly gets. Unless he's a convicted rapist that has three previous gun-related arrests, he's not doing the max for carrying around a gun.

Sadly, since he will have great lawyers and a remotely clean record, he probably won't even spend a day in jail.

ChezPower4
12-01-2008, 12:00 AM
He's going to get suspened even if he could play. The Giants need to cut ties with him now. Plex has really been a headache since he got to New York and it's getting worse by the week. I might feel differently if they really needed him to win but they don't. They've showed that this week and showed it earlier this season. They don't need another pacman, in the sense of a distraction week in and week out.

tjsunstein
12-01-2008, 12:13 AM

How do you plead not guilty? Does he say it wasnt his leg? How does that happen?

MetSox17
12-01-2008, 12:22 AM
How do you plead not guilty? Does he say it wasnt his leg? How does that happen?

Lmao, that's what i was thinking of earlier when i heard that...

How do you prove that you're not guilty? How do you even make a case? Run ballistics on the bullet lodged in your leg?

bigbluedefense
12-01-2008, 07:20 AM
im guessing anywhere from 2-4 games suspension.

He won't see jailtime, he'll get probation. Players get away with things we would never get away with. Its part of life.

We might actually be a better offense without him. Eli had his best games of the season without him. Eli makes our WR core look as good as it is anyway. Its all our oline, and Eli. Even our oline looks better than it really is bc of Eli.

Bucs_Rule
12-01-2008, 09:47 AM
He did shoot the gun in public and that could easily have hit someone else. For that reason I'd expect him to get some jail time. If he didn't fire the gun he'd just get probation.

DeathbyStat
12-01-2008, 09:51 AM
I don't think Coughlin will let him back on the field

Turtlepower
12-01-2008, 09:51 AM
He will be put on IR by the end of the week is my guess.

BeerBaron
12-01-2008, 09:59 AM
http://www.profootballtalk.com/2008/12/01/harris-smith-turns-himself-in/

haha......"Harris Smith".

The Giants need to dump his ass now....he helped you get one Superbowl, not stop pressing your luck. throw him on IR then dump him after the season....like I posted above, just insert the next guy and keep on truckin.

Number 10
12-01-2008, 10:03 AM
No.

His career as a Giant is over.

NY+Giants=NYG
12-01-2008, 10:05 AM
So basically I expect us to get rid of Plax, and not re-sign Toomer. So everyone in the rotation moves up. Hixon, Smith, Moss, Manningham, and then Tyree.

12-01-2008, 10:08 AM
if it ain't broke........put that dude on IR ASAP.

or just cut his ass.

I'll go with that second option.

JUST CUT HIS ASS !

Number 10
12-01-2008, 10:09 AM
Giants will have roughly $25 million in cap space this offseason which means re-signing Jacobs and Ward is a strong possibility along with extending Webster. Thats the good thing about cutting Plax.

Turtlepower
12-01-2008, 10:12 AM
So basically I expect us to get rid of Plax, and not re-sign Toomer. So everyone in the rotation moves up. Hixon, Smith, Moss, Manningham, and then Tyree.

Manningham is such an idiot that I don't see him ever being a factor for this team. I hate to admit it, but we might need another WR come draft time.

UK_Cheesehead
12-01-2008, 10:14 AM
Is Plax a free-agent in the off-season or something?

If they put him on IR then cut him do they have a cap penalty against them?

Not 100% on these sorts of issues.

Number 10
12-01-2008, 10:16 AM
Is Plax a free-agent in the off-season or something?

If they put him on IR then cut him do they have a cap penalty against them?

Not 100% on these sorts of issues.

Chalk up another victory for Jerry Reese.

He signed Plax to a $27 million extension this past offseason. The contract however would allow to cut him in Febuary with a $2 million cap hit.

NY+Giants=NYG
12-01-2008, 10:20 AM
Manningham is such an idiot that I don't see him ever being a factor for this team. I hate to admit it, but we might need another WR come draft time.

It depends on what the staff thinks of him. He still young and can sit and develop. I am sure we will bring our undrafted free agents in and go from there too.

Turtlepower
12-01-2008, 10:22 AM

He signed Plax to a $27 million extension this past offseason. The contract however would allow to cut him in Febuary with a $2 million cap hit.

I guess Plax signed that contract figuring that the team would never cut him because of how valuable he is... =P

giantsfan
12-01-2008, 10:24 AM
It depends on what the staff thinks of him. He still young and can sit and develop. I am sure we will bring our undrafted free agents in and go from there too.

Yeah, but Super Mario went full ****** years ago, I don't see that changing. Even if we sit him for a while eventually he'll see the field and become confused.

Turtlepower
12-01-2008, 10:24 AM

I still think we have the luxury to take a WR with 3 picks in the first 2 rounds.

UK_Cheesehead
12-01-2008, 10:27 AM

Cheers.

Well in that case it would be pretty obvious for the Giants to cut him now then. They've proved they can win without him and his antics are just a hinderance to them.

NY+Giants=NYG
12-01-2008, 10:32 AM
Here is what Peter King posted.

I posted this on my other salary cap thread, but it deserves it's own, I think, so it doesn't get buried. From Peter King's MMQB:

Quote:
2. I think you can make book on Plaxico Burress playing elsewhere in 2009, assuming he's not in jail. (And that may not be the best assumption right now.) In fact, I expect the Giants to either de-activate him the rest of the season or place him on the non-football injury list for the rest of the year, effectively ending his career with the New York Giants. Amazing, amazing story.

Giants GM Jerry Reese negotiated a great contract to lock up Burress before the season, making it about as safe a deal as he could, with miniscule guarantees. The Giants can cut or trade Burress after the season and simply eliminate $23 million of the $27-million-in-new-money deal he signed with the Giants. In effect, as I said on NBC last night, when I examine the deal, I see the contract totally on the come. And the first big test of this contract will come on Dec. 10, when Burress is due $1 million from the original and only guaranteed money in the deal, the third installment of a $4.325-million signing bonus when he signed. Let me break down all of the non-guaranteed money in the Burress deal that makes it absolutely simple for the Giants to cut the cord with him after the season:

Non-guaranteed base salaries: $11.5 million ($1 million in 2009, $3.5 million in 2010, $3.5 million in 2011, $3.5 million in 2012).

Non-guaranteed one-time bonus to be paid early in the '09 off-season: $2 million.

Non-guaranteed roster bonuses: $3.5 million ($500,000 in '09, $1 million in 2010, $1 million in 2011, $1 million in 2012).

Non-guaranteed escalators, payable only on high performance: $5 million ($1.25 million in '09, '10, '11, '12.) He has not reached his escalators yet that would kick in for 2009.

Non-guaranteed workout bonuses: $1.3 million ($325,000 in '09, '10, '11, '12).

Burress also has a clause in his contract that could come into play and cost him $400,000 this year. For every game he's ineligible to play in because of non-injury reasons, he doesn't earn a $100,000 per game roster bonus.

Awfully sad. "Trouble just follows him,'' said Bucs cornerback Ronde Barber. No one over the weekend was arguing.

3. I think there's one more thing regarding Burress, and it's good news for Amani Toomer: The Giants are $20 million under the 2009 cap right now, and Toomer, whose contract is up at the end of this year, wants to return in 2009. This makes his chance much better to do so. The five Giant receivers under contract for next year (Steve Smith , Sinorice Moss, Mario Manningham, Domenik Hixon, David Tyree) are due a combined $3.6-million in 2009. Adding Toomer for $4 million under the cap, and one guy in the draft or free agency, and maybe subtracting Tyree, could well happen. The Giants have plenty of resources to go on without Burress. The big test, obviously, will be seeing if one of these names can turn into the big-play receiver the Giants will obviously have to play without.

EvilMonkey
12-01-2008, 10:34 AM
If they dont put him on IR, is there any chance I'll see a Giants injury report with Burress listed as doubtful with a self-inflicted gunshot wound?? That would be something new.

bigbluedefense
12-01-2008, 11:02 AM
While I'm sort of rooting for Burress's days as a Giant to be over, I still find it hard to believe that he will fall this hard off of what he did.

First and foremost, his lawyer is SERIOUS. He hired a mobster lawyer who also defended Diddy for his night club scene. If Diddy got away with it, why wouldn't Burress? Afterall, all Burress really did was be a total idiot and shoot himself.

As for suspensions go, I think if the Giants don't IR him, Goodell won't suspend him indefinitely. Let's look at his inconsistencies first off. Michael Vick is doing 1 year essentially for having an illegal underground dog fighting ring that spanned the south. Pacman Jones paralyzed a man and is in the league as we speak.

And Burress is gonna end himself by being a moron and shooting himself at a nightclub? Seriously? I just find that hard to believe. It just doesn't make any sense.

I think at most he'll get 4 games. So honestly, right now Id say everyone is overreacting, but it wouldn't surprise me if he does in fact get IR'd and end his career as a Giant.

My concern at that point would be him going to the Eagles. Burress is getting a real bad rap right now, and its all his fault, but at the same time, I think its a little harsh. Is he a dumbass? Absolutely. But we've seen players do far worse and get way less punishment. I just don't see how he'll get the book thrown at him over this.

I wouldn't mind though. That would rid our team of its last bad apple.

Turtlepower
12-01-2008, 11:11 AM
I think the difference here is that the precedent was set in the cases of Vick and Pac-Man. It was a warning to everyone else in the league to not be an idiot. Plax knew of the consequences that could come from what he was doing and still went through with bringing the gun to a nightclub. I don't foresee him being suspended more than 4 games either, but I also don't expect him to play another game in a Giants uniform.

ChezPower4
12-01-2008, 01:02 PM
Don't know if anyone else noticed yesterday but for anyone who has NFL sunday ticket, you know that you can check all the players stats from all the games by using the pop up menu. I was looking through all the stats and noticed that it said that in the Giants game yesterday that Burress has -21 rush yards. Weird, did anyone else see that.

umphrey
12-01-2008, 01:06 PM
Eli without Plax will be interesting. He's played well in his absence but his best games he just throws it up to Plax and Plax does all the work.

I was never high on Eli but he's been doing better and better, this would be like a final test or something.

NY+Giants=NYG
12-01-2008, 01:41 PM
Eli without Plax will be interesting. He's played well in his absence but his best games he just throws it up to Plax and Plax does all the work.

I was never high on Eli but he's been doing better and better, this would be like a final test or something.

When has that happened? Also, the few times that has happened was still plays from Hufangel's reign as OC. Once Huffy got fired and went to Canada, Gilbride cut down on those plays. In fact we stopped with the vertical stretches. Plus Plax is 6'5 so all Eli had to do was throw a great ball, and Plax did the rest. Skins fans can tell you Eli did the same with Toomer yesterday. Eli throw a perfect ball and Toomer got it. But I digress, all the stuff has stopped. We don't really look for vertical stretches any more.

bigbluedefense
12-01-2008, 02:03 PM
I don't get why Eli would get critiqued for going to his #1 WR, like Peyton Manning, Tom Brady (last year), Tony Romo, Carson Palmer etc never had one and never do that.

Not to mention that he rarely does that outside of the redzone, also not to mention that when youre near the goalline, why wouldn't you do that?

I think thats where we will miss Burress. The redzone. Between the 20s we move the ball better without him, but we miss his size in the redzone for sure.

Now we gotta use Boss as the Burress clone in those situations, but he's not half the redzone threat that Burress was.

NY+Giants=NYG
12-01-2008, 02:17 PM
I don't get why Eli would get critiqued for going to his #1 WR, like Peyton Manning, Tom Brady (last year), Tony Romo, Carson Palmer etc never had one and never do that.

Not to mention that he rarely does that outside of the redzone, also not to mention that when youre near the goalline, why wouldn't you do that?

I think thats where we will miss Burress. The redzone. Between the 20s we move the ball better without him, but we miss his size in the redzone for sure.

Now we gotta use Boss as the Burress clone in those situations, but he's not half the redzone threat that Burress was.

It's typical NFL fans behavior. You need to impress them early or else all else is lost. Basically EVERY franchise QB needs a big ben situation or play like Matt Ryan from day 1. If not then, it takes a MVP effort from now until the they retire for people not to hate.

So basically guys like JaMarcuss, Alex Smith, and whoever else falls in the "start out rough category", needs to have a sick performance from here on for NFL fans opinions to change.

Gay Ork Wang
12-01-2008, 02:20 PM
how fast can someone recover from a shot into the leg?

Crickett
12-01-2008, 02:22 PM
I still think we have the luxury to take a WR with 3 picks in the first 2 rounds.

But who would the Giants get? There simply aren't that many 6'5 232 home run threats at wide receiver available through the draft or free agency.

bigbluedefense
12-01-2008, 02:23 PM
how fast can someone recover from a shot into the leg?

i read he could be ready in 2 weeks, but i don't know how legit that really is.

id just hate to see us cut him and him go somewhere and kick ass, in particular the Eagles or Skins, bc I know both of those teams would look into him.

and as a fan, part of me is sentimental towards the fact that he fought through his injury last year when almost everyone would go on IR with that kind of injury. i respect that.

i really don't think he's half as bad as he's being painted out to be right now, but at the same time it might be time to move on.

Sniper
12-01-2008, 02:26 PM
Sheldon Brown is crying tears of joy right now.

Jughead10
Giants will have roughly $25 million in cap space this offseason which means re-signing Jacobs and Ward is a strong possibility along with extending Webster. Thats the good thing about cutting Plax.

Don't forget about re-signing Eli.

NY+Giants=NYG
But who would the Giants get? There simply aren't that many 6'5 232 home run threats at wide receiver available through the draft or free agency.

We are fine with our Depth. The team is high on Hixon, and after that we have Smith who can play Z, and Moss, Mario and Tyree. It's not like we are a spread offense team anyways. We are a smash mouth, ball control team. So as long as the guys can follow the system, then we technically don't need a "homerun" threat. If Boss continues to get fed the ball and becomes even more productive, then that's just another weapon.

Sniper
12-01-2008, 02:27 PM
Manningham will develop into your deep threat. I am sure of this.

bigbluedefense
12-01-2008, 02:31 PM
Manningham is too stupid to be relied upon. I can see him shooting himself, but then being too dumb to realize he's bleeding.

Sniper
12-01-2008, 02:34 PM
Manningham is too stupid to be relied upon. I can see him shooting himself, but then being too dumb to realize he's bleeding.

You're putting way too much stock into a poor Wonderlic test. Mario is a pretty intelligent football player, in terms of on-field stuff.

bigbluedefense
12-01-2008, 02:36 PM
You're putting way too much stock into a poor Wonderlic test. Mario is a pretty intelligent football player, in terms of on-field stuff.

i hope youre right. bc he's gotta be our Burress replacement or Toomer replacement as soon as next year.

I always wanted to develop him slowly though.

Menardo75
12-01-2008, 03:21 PM
Get rid of him ASAP. I would like to hear what Antonio Peirce has to say about the whole incident though.

tjsunstein
12-01-2008, 03:30 PM
Burress is going to prison. There will be no 2009 for him, maybe not even a 2010 or 2011 depending on how much merit Bloomberg puts into this case.

Jughead10
12-01-2008, 04:21 PM
Get rid of him ASAP. I would like to hear what Antonio Peirce has to say about the whole incident though.

He is on NY radio as I type this. Obviously he can't say much right now on his lawyer's advice. But it seems all he did was take Plax home, and then arranged for him to enter a hospital under an alias.

Bucs_Rule
12-01-2008, 04:38 PM
He is on NY radio as I type this. Obviously he can't say much right now on his lawyer's advice. But it seems all he did was take Plax home, and then arranged for him to enter a hospital under an alias.

What else could he have done? Shooting yourself is a one man crime.

Jughead10
12-01-2008, 04:40 PM
What else could he have done? Shooting yourself is a one man crime.

Some early rumors said he tried to hide the gun or get rid of it or something.

giantsfan
12-01-2008, 04:52 PM

What? Eli's best game was last week with plax out of the lineup, or are we just ignoring this season when talking about plax's impact on our offense?

bigbluedefense
12-01-2008, 05:23 PM
damn the more i hear, the worse it gets for Plaxico.

I think after hearing whats been coming out, its safe to say his days as a Giant are over.

Shame. He worked so hard to get that championship. I feel bad for him, but he did it to himself.

MetSox17
12-01-2008, 05:41 PM
Some early rumors said he tried to hide the gun or get rid of it or something.

If he admits to having possession of it, the DA's office can go after him as well if they chose, but i'm sure they'd ask him to throw Plax under the bus.

ChezPower4
12-01-2008, 06:33 PM
If he admits to having possession of it, the DA's office can go after him as well if they chose, but i'm sure they'd ask him to throw Plax under the bus.

If that is the case then this could get really ugly. The Giants might possably be losing two players and the loss of Antonio hurts much more than Plex.

Brent
12-01-2008, 06:37 PM
Plaxico is invincible. This gun shot will only go to prove further that he has no need for practice as he catches 10 or more a game from here on out. He's obviously the best WR in the NFL. Hahahahahaha what a ******* idiot.

TitleTown088
12-01-2008, 08:18 PM
You mean Harris Smith?

Come on Plax, At leased give us something good like Ron Mexico.

nobodyinparticular
12-01-2008, 10:16 PM

id just hate to see us cut him and him go somewhere and kick ass, in particular the Eagles or Skins, bc I know both of those teams would look into him.

and as a fan, part of me is sentimental towards the fact that he fought through his injury last year when almost everyone would go on IR with that kind of injury. i respect that.

i really don't think he's half as bad as he's being painted out to be right now, but at the same time it might be time to move on.

Al Davis already has the number for Plax' agent dialed into his cell phone. He's just waiting for Burress to be cut to press send. He's just itching to be caller #1.

giantsfan
12-01-2008, 10:55 PM
Al Davis already has the number for Plax' agent dialed into his cell phone. He's just waiting for Burress to be cut to press send. He's just itching to be caller #1.

If they added Plax and say Andre Smith in the draft this year they might actually have an offense.

LonghornsLegend
12-01-2008, 11:09 PM

He forever earned my respect last year by battling through those injuries and still performing, knowing full well he was hurt, he's not the only guy who does it and I realize that, but he manned up last year and came through for his team in the biggest ways...It would suck to see him released because your right someone would swoop right in no doubt.

bigbluedefense
12-02-2008, 10:21 AM
He forever earned my respect last year by battling through those injuries and still performing, knowing full well he was hurt, he's not the only guy who does it and I realize that, but he manned up last year and came through for his team in the biggest ways...It would suck to see him released because your right someone would swoop right in no doubt.

We've discussed him before personally, I know youre very high on him, actually much higher on him than I am personally.

I think we'll miss him in the redzone and in the playoffs. The guy actually established himself into a clutch playoff performer over the years, and he's a great redzone threat.

What bothers me is that this guy is basically going to jail for shooting himself. I mean come on. We have players who assault people, playings who killed people, still playing this game. And bc the politicians in NY want to make an example out of Burress, his career is gonna be over bc he accidentally shot himself? I just find that unfair.

Im not saying what he did was right, or that he shouldn't get punished for it. But getting 3.5 years in jail for THAT is a joke. Leonard Little didn't see a DAY in jail. Vick is gonna serve a year for having an illegal underground ring, and Burress is gettin 3 years for shooting himself? It just doesn't make sense to me. The guy is a douche, but he doesn't deserve that. Thats a bit excessive.

PACKmanN
12-02-2008, 10:26 AM
We've discussed him before personally, I know youre very high on him, actually much higher on him than I am personally.

I think we'll miss him in the redzone and in the playoffs. The guy actually established himself into a clutch playoff performer over the years, and he's a great redzone threat.

What bothers me is that this guy is basically going to jail for shooting himself. I mean come on. We have players who assault people, playings who killed people, still playing this game. And bc the politicians in NY want to make an example out of Burress, his career is gonna be over bc he accidentally shot himself? I just find that unfair.

Im not saying what he did was right, or that he shouldn't get punished for it. But getting 3.5 years in jail for THAT is a joke. Leonard Little didn't see a DAY in jail. Vick is gonna serve a year for having an illegal underground ring, and Burress is gettin 3 years for shooting himself? It just doesn't make sense to me. The guy is a douche, but he doesn't deserve that. Thats a bit excessive.

I'm sorry, but if i knew someone had a gun in a club i was at, I wouldn't feel safe at all. Why would he carry a loaded weapon in public? what if something did happen and the gun killed someone. He shouldn't have been carrying a gun, period.

ChezPower4
12-02-2008, 10:33 AM

He had a firearm outside of his home without a permitt, what don't you get? He broke the law, end of story. Just because he's a star football player does not mean that he should get a free pass. BTW 3.5 years is the min. if he gets convicted, Plex could be looking at more time then just that.

bigbluedefense
12-02-2008, 10:35 AM
I'm sorry, but if i knew someone had a gun in a club i was at, I wouldn't feel safe at all. Why would he carry a loaded weapon in public? what if something did happen and the gun killed someone. He shouldn't have a gun, period.

no doubt. which is why he deserves to get punished. but its not like he assaulted anyone or shot at anyone. he accidentally shot himself. himself.

you know how many players carry loaded guns? the crime is more serious bc it wasn't a legal gun. he forgot to renew his license and have a new york license to carry it. thats where the majority of his offense lies.

if it was licensed to him, we're talking about a slap on the wrist. instead, we're talking 3.5 years in jail. so legally, its not really the danger of his actions that he's being punished for, its moreso because he didn't have a registered gun to shoot himself with. thats the joke in it all.

and the NY politicians want to use him as an example. with all the celebrities/rappers clubbing in NYC, if they can hit Burress hard with this charge, it will make the other potentially dangerous celebrities think twice about doing this in the future. so Burress is being made as an example.

i don't feel bad for him though, bc if it was you or me, we'd get 3.5 years. he's just not getting the "star" treatment in this for political reasons. which is why he's screwed.

I just think 3.5 years for shooting yourself is excessive. It doesn't add up that we have players who killed people, players who sold narcotics, players who paralyzed a guy playing and never seeing a day in jail, and Burress is gonna see 3.5 years because he shot HIMSELF. thats the part i don't get.

punish him. suspend him 4 games or whatever. fine him a ******** of money. put an ankle bracelet on him. but 3.5 years in the slammer? come on. what the hell is pacman doing as a free man then? what a joke.

bigbluedefense
12-02-2008, 10:38 AM
He had a firearm outside of his home without a permitt, what don't you get? He broke the law, end of story. Just because he's a star football player does not mean that he should get a free pass. BTW 3.5 years is the min. if he gets convicted, Plex could be looking at more time then just that.

like i said, i have no problem with him being punished. i just find the punishment to be excessive.

so basically, my beef is with the law itself. come on, 3.5 years for doing what he did? you can't tell me doing what he did was worse and deserves a worse punishment than what Little, Ray Lewis, Pac Man, Chris Henry (i can go on and on) did. I have no problem with him being punished. None at all.

But 3.5 years is a bit much.

ChezPower4
12-02-2008, 12:56 PM
like i said, i have no problem with him being punished. i just find the punishment to be excessive.

so basically, my beef is with the law itself. come on, 3.5 years for doing what he did? you can't tell me doing what he did was worse and deserves a worse punishment than what Little, Ray Lewis, Pac Man, Chris Henry (i can go on and on) did. I have no problem with him being punished. None at all.

But 3.5 years is a bit much.

Ray Lewis was acquitted of his murder charges, so he should not have spent one more second in jail. Little don't know how he got off like he did? Herry has a DUI and battery charges. None have to do with having a firearm. I see where your coming from but why does Burress need a gun? He just signed a 35 million dollar deal. He should get bodyguards if he's so worried about something happening to him. What if that gun shot had missed him and hit and injured someone else or even killed them? Plex has a great lawyer, the guy got Puffy off of gun charges when there were witnesses that said they saw Puffy shoot the guy. So Plex is in good hands.

Bucs_Rule
12-02-2008, 01:31 PM
I don't mind the permit violation that much. Its shooting a gun in public that bothers me. He did shoot himself but he very easily could have hit someone else. People who fire guns in public should go to jail, accidental or not it can kill people.

ninerfan
12-02-2008, 02:03 PM
finish him (someone got the gladiator pic ?)

NY+Giants=NYG
12-02-2008, 02:06 PM
Here you go http://dvdmedia.ign.com/media/reviews/image/gladiator/gladiator_3.jpg

giantsfan
12-02-2008, 03:29 PM
I haven't really been following this story how did the gun accidentally go off? Did he just have a loaded gun with the safety off in his pocket that he bumped into something and somehow triggered?

scottyboy
12-02-2008, 04:02 PM

Kenny Britt says hello.

And I'm 100% serious.

Dear Jerry Reese:

If Plax is gone, use his money to lock up Webster, Jacobs, Toomer and give Eli a long term deal. kthxbye.

Love,
Scotty

ps. plz draft Kenny Britt

giantsfan
12-02-2008, 04:15 PM
Kenny Britt says hello.

And I'm 100% serious.

Dear Jerry Reese:

If Plax is gone, use his money to lock up Webster, Jacobs, Toomer and give Eli a long term deal. kthxbye.

Love,
Scotty

ps. plz draft Kenny Britt

How bought we go after someone like Karlos Dansby, if we can extend eli, and re-sign jacobs and webster. Then in the draft mmaybe move up for DHB if he falls into the early 20s or grab britt with the saints pick.

Turtlepower
12-02-2008, 05:39 PM
Well, he is now officially suspended for 4 games by the Giants.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3738905

Malaka
12-02-2008, 05:43 PM
I am glad Coughlin did that, Plaxico has really pissed me off this year since training camp.

If Coughlin did not do it Goodell would have anyway.

tjsunstein
12-02-2008, 06:06 PM
Goodell still might.. If he catches a guilty charge, definitely expect one.

Malaka
12-02-2008, 06:12 PM
How long do you expect Goodell's to be? the playoffs? or even one throughout next season?

Jvig43
12-02-2008, 06:21 PM
Well hopefully they actually find him guilty for the NFLs sake, they were talking about that on espn today. The Nfl could get really screwed over if he walks and chooses to make a case about it.

Bruce Banner
12-03-2008, 04:05 PM
Harris Smith capped at Applebee's

from bucland

* Following the shooting after midnight Saturday, Burress checked into the hospital under the name Harris Smith. He told officials there he had been shot at an Applebee's restaurant.

* The doctor who helped treat Giants star Plaxico Burress' self-inflicted gunshot wound was mysteriously summoned to the hospital in the middle of the night -- and has been suspended for failing to alert police and signing off on medical papers identifying him by a phony name.

* Not long after Burress accidentally shot himself in the leg at the Latin Quarter nightclub, investigators say, the attending doctor was called at home and asked to come to the hospital to meet him there. Investigators are not sure who made the mysterious call. But the Giants vice president of medical services, Ronnie Barnes, told detectives he received a call from Burress and teammate Antonio Pierce after the shooting and he told them to go to that hospital. Barnes, too, went to the hospital and met the players there. He did not tell investigators if he had called Abisaab. Cops and prosecutors are now weighing whether to bring charges against anyone who was obligated under state law to alert police about Burress' gunshot wound.
http://views.washingtonpost.com/theleague/nflcrimewatch/2008/12/plaxico-burress-or-harris-smith.html

He WILL be referred to as HARRIS SMITH from now on.

The freakin' VP was in on it.

The Giants are ******.

Babylon
12-03-2008, 04:24 PM

from bucland

http://views.washingtonpost.com/theleague/nflcrimewatch/2008/12/plaxico-burress-or-harris-smith.html

The Giants are ******.

Not very original. Should of used Art Vandelay.

Jughead10
12-03-2008, 04:36 PM

from bucland

The Giants are ******.

This has been known for two days now. I don't see how the Giants are screwed in anyway.

Bruce Banner
12-03-2008, 04:40 PM
This has been known for two days now. I don't see how the Giants are screwed in anyway.

my bad for not keeping up!

Jughead10
12-03-2008, 04:42 PM

The doctor is the one who is screwed. Celebrities and other high profile people check into hospitals, hotels, etc under an alias all the time. The doctor is supposed to alert authorities on any gun shot wound. Checking in under an alias just buys the effected parties time before the media catches on.

Giantsfan1080
12-03-2008, 04:57 PM

It's not the Giants VP. He's the Giants VP of Medical Services. That's a pretty big distinction right there and as Jughead said the Giants aren't screwed at all. He told them to go to the hospital it's not his duty to report the gunshot wound, it is the doctor's.

Bruce Banner
12-03-2008, 05:12 PM
It's not the Giants VP. He's the Giants VP of Medical Services. That's a pretty big distinction right there and as Jughead said the Giants aren't screwed at all. He told them to go to the hospital it's not his duty to report the gunshot wound, it is the doctor's.

good eye....