PDA

View Full Version : The first declaree?

SuperKevin
12-01-2008, 04:52 AM
http://www.cleveland.com/osufootball/plaindealer/index.ssf?/base/sports/1228037457272000.xml&coll=2

Anonymous NFL Scout claims Ohio State WR Brian Hartline has declared for the draft. While I don't expect anything official to be said for a few more weeks it's probably likely seeing how his stock might be hurt with Pryor at QB next year.

Race for the Heisman
12-01-2008, 07:23 AM
I'm pretty sure he's a redshirt junior (so he's a senior academically and he identifies most with the current group of seniors) and the talent behind him is phenomenal so this wouldn't really surprise me if it were true.

Geo
12-01-2008, 09:31 AM
I thought for sure he would stay and be Pryor's #1 guy next year.

I would like to see the Colts draft him this April.

jared
12-01-2008, 09:39 AM
Can't say I saw this coming. I thought his stock's taken a hit this year.

Scott Wright
12-01-2008, 11:41 AM
Myron Rolle might have beaten him to the punch in that he has already said he won't be playing at Florida St. next year. It's still unclear if he'll enter the 2009 NFL Draft though I guess.

regoob2
12-01-2008, 11:53 AM
I thought for sure he would stay and be Pryor's #1 guy next year.

I would like to see the Colts draft him this April.Pryor will be Pryors #1 guy next year. There's no point in staying if Pryor is the qb.

Pittbc7
12-01-2008, 12:10 PM
Makes sense as Pryor's passing skills need alot of refining and Hartline's production dropped this year due to that. I think he will be a 3rd-4th rd pick, has some versatility as a return man and can serve as a deep threat.

jnew76
12-01-2008, 12:16 PM
I would like to be the first person to welcome Mr. Hartline to the 2nd day of the draft. But I cannot blame him for leaving and I wish him luck.

CashmoneyDrew
12-01-2008, 12:27 PM
I figured Ray Small would declare before Brian Hartline.

Ozzy
12-01-2008, 02:19 PM
Let us remember here, this is Brian Hartline, the guy is not exactly a big time prospect and would be very lucky to be a first day selection. Why he came out, my guess is that he does not like school, Pryor at QB is the least of his problems. This is not Anthony Gonzalez we are talking here, I actually am a little disappointed in his play this year. Is that because of Pryor? Who knows. To Pryor's defense, Pryor is in a better situation at Ohio State than Tebow is at Florida based on the offense they run and preparing them for the NFL.

Babylon
12-01-2008, 02:39 PM
I would like to be the first person to welcome Mr. Hartline to the 2nd day of the draft. But I cannot blame him for leaving and I wish him luck.

I doubt he thought he'd go in the 1st two rounds but he could make a pretty good possession receiver at the next level. Would think maybe 4th round.

SuperKevin
12-01-2008, 03:12 PM
Myron Rolle might have beaten him to the punch in that he has already said he won't be playing at Florida St. next year. It's still unclear if he'll enter the 2009 NFL Draft though I guess.

I didn't count Rolle because I feel he's going to Oxford

DoWnThEfiElD
12-01-2008, 03:14 PM
I didn't count Rolle because I feel he's going to Oxford

That is a heck of a decision...

STARHEATHER
12-01-2008, 06:49 PM
brian hartline? no way. someone gave him some bad advice. they blackball guys for coming out who arent top tier talents. especially guys like hartline who arent good. myron rolle better take the rhodes scholarship. hes going to get a phd in getting killed on sundays. thats almost too unbelievable. hartline declared.

Zyro_1014
12-01-2008, 06:51 PM
brian hartline? no way. someone gave him some bad advice. they blackball guys for coming out who arent top tier talents. especially guys like hartline who arent good. myron rolle better take the rhodes scholarship. hes going to get a phd in getting killed on sundays. thats almost too unbelievable. hartline declared.

for some reason your opinion doesnt surprise me...

Staubach12
Wow, that's... shocking. I'm not a huge fan of his, so I definitely wouldn't want my team taking him.

SuperKevin

He's on pace to graduate this year i think so he really has no reason to come back and see his stock fall further with Pryor at QB. If he gets drafted that's awesome if not then he gets an early start on using his degree.

Babylon
12-01-2008, 06:58 PM

I doubt his stock changes coming back for another year and it isn't like this years crop of receivers is outstanding.

STARHEATHER
12-01-2008, 06:58 PM
his reason to come back is getting that mba or whatever so he can be prepared for his calling which is to be one of 8 million ncaa athletes going pro in something other than sports. awful. i think rod woodson 45 yrs old could come off the nfl total acess set and cover this dude today. late rds at best. i dont think he can beat any nfl defenders. he cant return kicks. i dont see him as gunner on st. theres nothing really good about him. youre getting a 4th wr at best who doesnt have any value added that a 4th wr needs

SuperKevin
12-01-2008, 06:59 PM
his reason to come back is getting that mba or whatever so he can be prepared for his calling which is to be one of 8 million ncaa athletes going pro in something other than sports. awful. i think rod woodson 45 yrs old could come off the nfl total acess set and cover this dude today. late rds at best. i dont think he can beat any nfl defenders. he cant return kicks. i dont see him as gunner on st. theres nothing really good about him. youre getting a 4th wr at best who doesnt have any value added that a 4th wr needs

Just because he declares it doesn't mean he can't go back to school. Just means he can't play football.

STARHEATHER
12-01-2008, 07:02 PM
theres no reason for him to declare. its bad. unless youre a first day pick or financial hardship. hes neither.

SuperKevin
12-01-2008, 07:03 PM
theres no reason for him to declare. its bad. unless youre a first day pick or financial hardship. hes neither.

Or he's taking advantage of a weak senior class of WRs. Prior to the season many people with a lot more knowledge and credentials than you had him in the top 10 draft eligible WRs

CashmoneyDrew
12-01-2008, 07:03 PM
How do you know he's not financial hardship?

SuperKevin
12-01-2008, 07:06 PM
How do you know he's not financial hardship?

He's white. Everyone knows white people have money

CashmoneyDrew
12-01-2008, 07:07 PM
He's white. Everyone knows white people have money

This is true.

jared
12-01-2008, 09:27 PM

He can return punts. He did a decent enough job of it last year (11 yards or so avg), including one for a TD. He also has a 22.81 YPC receiving this year. That's not too shabby. But yes, his stock has taken a hit this year due to the QB situation and lack of big numbers. He's got decent height, good speed and athleticism. He has a strong background in track (hurdles) which couldn't hurt. Maybe he'll test out well at the combine. We'll see.

STARHEATHER
12-01-2008, 10:22 PM
return punts. in the nfl. i always saw some other guy who definitely wasnt hartline returning punts for them. hes bad and its not because their qb who is stellar they might have won more had they not been so conservative and let him throw it but their biggest problem on offense no speed on the perimter. hartline. so basically youre bringing a guy who has no speed on the perimeter. hes not physical tough inside and ive seen him drop some balls. he was part of their whole lack of playmakers problem. i dont like those types

Zyro_1014
12-01-2008, 10:27 PM
i dont like those types

what type do you like?

STARHEATHER
12-01-2008, 10:33 PM
whatever player looks and plays like the other players in the nfl. the best prospects take the evolution to the next level. they have abilities above nfl level. they in turn become the next generation and theyre a little bigger and a little faster and a little more versatile and hit a little harder than the players in the league when they came in. evolution. whos going to take it to the next level. thats what kind i like.

SuperKevin
12-01-2008, 10:35 PM
Brian Hartline looks like Joe Jurevicious though. That's an NFL player.

giantsfan
12-01-2008, 10:37 PM
Brian Hartline looks like Joe Jurevicious though. That's an NFL player.

Heather doesn't like NFL players.

STARHEATHER
12-01-2008, 10:44 PM
not really. jurevicius is about 6 5 and probably 230. not really the same type player and oe jureviciius doesnt make me excited anyway. if you told me i could have the next jureviciius i wouldnt be ecstatic. and hes a smaller probably slower urevicius

Donno
12-01-2008, 10:51 PM
i think rod woodson 45 yrs old could come off the nfl total acess set and cover this dude today.

Woodson pwns all

CroomDawgs
12-02-2008, 09:03 AM

Go away, your pun sucks

Malaka
12-02-2008, 06:37 PM
what type do you like?

He likes the 6'6 4.2 40 time 44inch vertical guys, you know the average type receiver in the NFL. :rolleyes:

Brent
12-02-2008, 06:40 PM
I like Brian Hartline. I hope he does well in the NFL and wish him the best of luck.

Vikes99ej
12-02-2008, 06:43 PM

I hope you stay on here. The things you say make me laugh.

STARHEATHER
12-02-2008, 07:27 PM
im glad youre entertained. im sure believe hes going to be good. i know hes not. 4th receiver at best.

M.O.T.H.
12-03-2008, 12:56 AM
Cant find the declare thread but anyway...

Steve Spurrier has received strong indications that CB, Captain Munnerlyn, S Emanuel Cook, and TE Jared Cook all intend to leave early.

LB, Eric Norwood, will ask the NFL’s underclassmen advisory committee for an evaluation but said he plans to return to school.

Mr. Stiller
12-03-2008, 12:58 AM
Cant find the declare thread but anyway...

Steve Spurrier has received strong indications that CB, Captain Munnerlyn, S Emanuel Cook, and TE Jared Cook all intend to leave early.

LB, Eric Norwood, will ask the NFLís underclassmen advisory committee for an evaluation but said he plans to return to school.

if Munnerlyn leaves, as well as Moore, Lindley and Davis this could be the most stacked CB class in recent history as well as OT.

M.O.T.H.
12-03-2008, 01:04 AM
Well, Munnerlyn better have a nice combine because, he has had a down year and was constantly limping around on that foot he broke last year. He was looking like 1st-2nd round projection a year ago but, he's really going to need to assure everyone that he is healthy come combine time.

The safety class is pretty amazing as well...especially if E Cook, the next Bob Sanders, does indeed enter. :)