PDA

View Full Version : Adalius Thomas Deal (Nate Clements Style)

The Legend
03-03-2007, 11:10 AM
it is said that it will be a 6 Year - 65 Million ... $15-$20 million in guaranteed money.

i would have never paid that much sorry Thomas but have fun in New England

it is a shock as the Patriots are not know to pay like this but maybe they change'd

said to be the 2nd biggest defensive contract EVER (to Clements)

it is said that Bill and Adalius began talking during the Pro Bowl

BigDawg819
03-03-2007, 11:41 AM
Plain and simple the Patriots were decimated in their linebacking core last year with injuries and made that position a priority. Thanks for the years of service AD but have fun in New England cause we ain't paying you that much. Just goes back to a previous post I made, Suggs' extension will be sick!

princefielder28
03-03-2007, 11:42 AM
right now it cost money to get what you want and for New England Thomas fills a big void and it was money well spent

ccB
03-03-2007, 11:44 AM
Thats ridiculous amounts of money. The NFL is getting out of control there is no way Thomas and Clements are the two best defensive players in the league. All this money is undeserved.

ccB
03-03-2007, 11:45 AM
Plain and simple the Patriots were decimated in their linebacking core last year with injuries and made that position a priority. Thanks for the years of service AD but have fun in New England cause we ain't paying you that much. Just goes back to a previous post I made, Suggs' extension will be sick!

If AD gets that much Suggs is going to command so much more. Im happy we are clearing out this money now because I really want to keep Sizzle.

The Legend
03-03-2007, 12:00 PM
If AD gets that much Suggs is going to command so much more. Im happy we are clearing out this money now because I really want to keep Sizzle.

i love Thomas but...........

i love Suggs more we could have him for maybe 10 more years people are forget that he just turn 24, 3 months ago

ccB
03-03-2007, 12:12 PM
i love Thomas but...........

i love Suggs more we could have him for maybe 10 more years people are forget that he just turn 24, 3 months ago

Exactly. Thomas is awesome but hes 30. Last year was probably the best year he will ever have.

The Legend
03-03-2007, 12:14 PM
Exactly. Thomas is awesome but hes 30. Last year was probably the best year he will ever have.

dont think so i think bill will make him just amazing

Borat
03-03-2007, 12:22 PM
NVM. Wrong forum.

BigDawg819
03-03-2007, 12:48 PM
Look we have to look at this not as fans but as the way the front office did. We all loved AD for what he did on and off the field but we can't pay him what the Pats did. We have too much going on with the draft and free agency and contracts that our u after next season. I wish AD all the luck in the world and if I go to the game and he's announced I will cheer pre-game. After the kickoff though he's the enemy and thats that.

dcarey20
03-04-2007, 04:00 PM
yeah NE spending this type of money is surprising. and its rumored that they will sign wes welker to an insane deal. as someone else on this board said, why didn't they just keep deion branch?

Ravens1991
03-04-2007, 04:33 PM
That is redicolous.

RaVeNFaNaCtIc
03-04-2007, 04:43 PM
yeah NE spending this type of money is surprising. and its rumored that they will sign wes welker to an insane deal. as someone else on this board said, why didn't they just keep deion branch?

I think they never even wanted to give him away but they just couldn't turn down a 1st round pick.

BigDawg819
03-04-2007, 04:44 PM

Well supposedly the Patriots were so conservative the past few seasons in prep for this offseason. The AD deal makes sense for them as his versatility will be utilized and it allows Mike Vrabel the chance to move back inside. As for Welker I see him as an excellent fit in New England as he will be the possession receiver for Brady ala a Ed McCaffrey was in the later runs for Elway. As for not signing Branch, even though he was liked he was asking alot of money and at least last season he didn't look like he deserved it. Now the scary thing is I don't think the Patriots are done spending and I feel they still are looking for another running back, possibly a Dominic Rhodes or the dark horse may be a Kevin Barlow.

dcarey20
03-04-2007, 04:52 PM
Well supposedly the Patriots were so conservative the past few seasons in prep for this offseason. The AD deal makes sense for them as his versatility will be utilized and it allows Mike Vrabel the chance to move back inside. As for Welker I see him as an excellent fit in New England as he will be the possession receiver for Brady ala a Ed McCaffrey was in the later runs for Elway. As for not signing Branch, even though he was liked he was asking alot of money and at least last season he didn't look like he deserved it. Now the scary thing is I don't think the Patriots are done spending and I feel they still are looking for another running back, possibly a Dominic Rhodes or the dark horse may be a Kevin Barlow.

oh i totally agree that welker is perfect for them. he just seems like the perfect type of receiver for tom brady and belicheck. but it just surprises me that they basically decided to go with him over branch.

as for running back, they signed sammy morris. maybe that's not the type of deal that you are expecting, but i'm just pointing it out.