PDA

View Full Version : Who's Missing from Scott's list?

foozball
12-01-2008, 05:55 PM
Anybody that's popped up as a prospect that isn't on Scott's list yet?

Scott Wright
12-01-2008, 06:06 PM
I actually have a short list on my desk of prospects to potentially add to the rankings and if I had to pick some names off there the Top 3 would be:

Henry Melton, DE, Texas
Sean Smalls, CB, Massachusetts
Chris Crane, QB, Boston College

SuperKevin
12-01-2008, 06:21 PM
I actually have a short list on my desk of prospects to potentially add to the rankings and if I had to pick some names off there the Top 3 would be:

Henry Melton, DE, Texas

Sean Smalls is a good one. He's hurt right now I think though

Halsey
12-01-2008, 06:23 PM

Henry Melton, DE, Texas
Do you think there's any chance Asher Allen, Jeff Owens, Reshad Jones or anyone else from UGA not named Stafford/Moreno could declare early? What do you think of them as prospects? What do you think of Mohamed Massaquoi as a prospect after he finished his senior year strong?

Turtlepower
12-01-2008, 06:23 PM
Do you think there's any chance Asher Allen, Jeff Owens, Reshad Jones or anyone else from UGA could declare early? What do you think of them as prospects? What do you think of Mohamed Massaquoi as a prospect after he finished his senior year strong?

Read todays blog.

Halsey
12-01-2008, 06:26 PM
Read todays blog.
That's the fastest Scott' has ever answered a question.

Pokeys
12-01-2008, 06:29 PM
A couple names pop out at me... Jeff Owens of Georgia and Tim Jamison of Michigan. I don't think there on the site. Owens is a Senior...

SuperKevin
12-01-2008, 06:30 PM
A couple names pop out at me... Jeff Owens of Georgia and Tim Jamison of Michigan. I don't think there on the site. Owens is a Senior...

I think he's treating Owens like an underclassman as of now since he can still come back for a RS year

Babylon
12-01-2008, 06:40 PM
Do you think there's any chance Asher Allen, Jeff Owens, Reshad Jones or anyone else from UGA not named Stafford/Moreno could declare early? What do you think of them as prospects? What do you think of Mohamed Massaquoi as a prospect after he finished his senior year strong?

Really like Massaquoi, i think he's played himself into the middle of the draft this year. To be honest i wouldn't give you two cents for anyone on that Georgia defense.

Pokeys
12-01-2008, 06:51 PM
Another Texas player you gotta get up there is Chris Ogbonnaya. Late round pick... No love for Texas :(>?

SeanTaylorRIP
12-01-2008, 07:10 PM
Henry Melton is awfully intriguing. I loved him as a big bruising goalline back to complement Jamaal Charles, but he is showing this year that the change to DE might have made him a late round NFL prospect. He definitely has some size and athleticism but he is still so raw as a DE and could use work in the weight room and try to build more muscle and eliminate fat.

DHVF
12-01-2008, 07:13 PM
I know I mentioned this before in Scott's rankings, but I really think Willie VanDeSteeg should be somewhere on Scott's DE rankings.

foozball
12-01-2008, 07:38 PM
how about robert ayers from tennessee?

Turtlepower
12-01-2008, 07:52 PM
Really like Massaquoi, i think he's played himself into the middle of the draft this year. To be honest i wouldn't give you two cents for anyone on that Georgia defense.

If Geno Atkins declared, he would be my #1 DT in this class as of right now.

Scott Wright
12-01-2008, 08:10 PM
I really think Willie VanDeSteeg should be somewhere on Scott's DE rankings.

He is on my list too. He's having an amazing season (18.0 TFL, 9.5 Sacks) but he is a true 'tweener. Not big enough to play defensive end (250 lbs.) and not fast (4.85) or fluid enough to play outside linebacker.

SuperKevin
12-01-2008, 08:10 PM
It's crazy to think that 250 lbs is now too small to play DE. Thanks a lot Julius Peppers

themaninblack
12-01-2008, 08:11 PM
A name that pops out due to my homerism for UC is Dominick Goodman. He may be one of the top possession receivers in the country and gets little to no recognition outside of Cincy/The Big East. He was a QB in HS who has really turned into a polished WR in a few short years. Not very fast but reminds me of a TJ Houshmanzadeh or Hines Ward type of player in a lot of ways.

steelernation77
12-01-2008, 08:13 PM
shonn greene might not be a bad addition to the "top underclassmen" section as he will most likely declare

Pokeys
12-01-2008, 08:15 PM
Kinda weird McCoy is staying to continue his legacy at Pitt and Shonn Greene is just bolting Iowa for the NFL.

steelernation77
12-01-2008, 08:22 PM
Kinda weird McCoy is staying to continue his legacy at Pitt and Shonn Greene is just bolting Iowa for the NFL.

Not really seeing as Shonn Greene is 23 years old and will be 24 by the time the NFL season starts next year. If he stayed for his senior season he would be 25 by the time he dressed for an NFL game. No one wants to spend money on a 25 year old RB.

Scott Wright
12-01-2008, 08:23 PM

Don't be so sure about McCoy just yet...

CashmoneyDrew
12-01-2008, 08:24 PM
Don't be so sure about McCoy just yet...

Scott, what do you think about Robert Ayers of Tennessee?

holt_bruce81
12-01-2008, 08:34 PM
Tommy Saunders baby, Isn't a freak of nature Athletically but he's the hardest worker on Missouri and he's a 3rd down conversion Machine!

Scott Wright
12-01-2008, 08:42 PM
Scott, what do you think about Robert Ayers of Tennessee?

Nice player and had a good senior year (15 TFL) but I don't see him as a draftable guy right now. Maybe a very poor-man's Turk McBride. Potentially a 3-4 DE...?

CashmoneyDrew
12-01-2008, 08:44 PM
Nice player and had a good senior year (15 TFL) but I don't see him as a draftable guy right now. Maybe a very poor-man's Turk McBride. Potentially a 3-4 DE...?

Hmmm, I figured if he was gonna be in a 3-4 it'd be more for OLB. He's listed as 6'3 270. Kind of small for 3-4 DE.

Mr. Stiller
12-01-2008, 09:09 PM
I see Fui Vakapuna is missing. I think if he gets a shot in UDFA he'll stick to a team.

Could bulk up a bit as a FB, but Is more of a Tweener, he's a definite short yardage back and he's damn near impossible to tackle.

jared
12-01-2008, 09:18 PM
I know I mentioned this before in Scott's rankings, but I really think Willie VanDeSteeg should be somewhere on Scott's DE rankings.

Completely agree. He's definitely in the top 33, probably 20. 49 tackles, 9.5 sacks, 18 TFL, 2 forced fumbles and a blocked kick. 2nd team Big 10, could've easily passed Northwestern's Corey Wootton for 1st team honors.

Bob Sacamano
12-02-2008, 12:59 AM
Illinois LB Britt Miller, 5th in the FBS in tackles

SJSU DT Jarron Gilbert, leads the FBS in tackles for loss

bearsfan_51
12-02-2008, 01:09 AM
He is on my list too. He's having an amazing season (18.0 TFL, 9.5 Sacks) but he is a true 'tweener. Not big enough to play defensive end (250 lbs.) and not fast (4.85) or fluid enough to play outside linebacker.
He's clearly a 4-3 DE.

He's 6-4, 256. Adewale Ogunleye, by comparison, is 6-4, 260. I think he'll be fine. Better suited for a Tampa 2 defense.

Sniper
12-02-2008, 01:13 AM
Mike Washington, WR, out of Division II West Chester. He's the man.

TitanHope
12-02-2008, 01:33 AM

Hmmm, I figured if he was gonna be in a 3-4 it'd be more for OLB. He's listed as 6'3 270. Kind of small for 3-4 DE.

I concur with VDM. He'd have to bulk up in order to play 3-4 DE, but in my opinion, has the athleticism to play 3-4 OLB. I agree with the Turk McBride comparison, but wouldn't say that Ayers has that much of a dropoff from McBride. They're both roughly the same size with McBride at 6'2, 280 and Ayers at 6'3, 270. When compared, Ayers has had the better senior season with 15.5 TFL's, 3 sacks, and 6 QB hurries to McBride's 9 TFL's, 1 sack, and 5 QB hurries. McBride was a better run-stopper, and I believe played UT occasionally, but I'd say Ayers is the better pass-rusher and athlete

I think Ayers is draftable. In fact, many here have spoken highly of him. He's the best DE to come out of Tennessee since McBride and Parys Haralson. McBride was a 2nd RD pick, and Haralson was a 5th RD pick - though he fell due to being 6'0, 250 and only being able to play in certain schemes. I can see Ayers goin around the 6th RD. Hell, the Titans chose William Hayes in the 4th RD last year, so who knows what can happen? :D

Even if he's likely to be a UDFA, I still think he deserves to be listed among the Top 33 senior DE's.

Sniper
12-02-2008, 01:45 AM
More on WR Mike Washington...

Senior year: 64 catches, 1200 yards, 18.8 ypc, 15 TD
Junior year: 49 catches 1160 yards, 23.7 ypc, 12 TD
Sophomore year: 55 catches, 1170 yards, 21.3 ypc, 16 TD
Freshman year: 47 catches, 1187 yards, 25.2 ypc, 15 TD

One of three players all-time to have at least 1,000 yards all four years
Averages a TD every 4.8 touches
Finalist for the Harlon Hill Trophy (D2 Heisman)
Third all-time leading receiver in D2
7th all-time leading touchdown receiver in all divisions

and the list goes on...

Stud.

DreamDraft04
12-02-2008, 07:59 AM
Please share your thoughts Scott. I think the kid is better than at least the bottom third of the safety list. He is 6-1, 205 lbs. with good range. Also the cousin of Lavar Arington. Came back from a season-ending injury from a year ago and had 4 interceptions for 132 yards and a TD this season. You guys might remember the 100 yard INT return vs. Michigan. He started the last 5 games at CB too, and had 2 INTs from there.

Finished the season with 4 int's, 2 PBU's, 1 sack, 2 FF, 1 TD, and 79 tackles.

Another interesting point is when he was a sophmore, he beat out last year's Texans third round pick, Antwaun Molden, for the FS job, and that was the reason Molden transfered from Toledo to Eastern Kentucky.