PDA

View Full Version : Nic Harris (S) Oklahoma

holt_bruce81
12-01-2008, 09:02 PM
Where is he projected at right now? I've watched him play a few times and have been really impressed.

Race for the Heisman
12-01-2008, 10:26 PM
I've heard bad things about him in coverage and stuff about being two heavy and potentially moving to linebacker (something a little bit like Wesley Woodyard, now of the Denver Broncos). That said, I have likewise been impressed. I think he's just below the second tier of safeties of Pat Chung, Kam Chancellor, and Rashad Johnson and probably a mid third to mid fourth in terms of value at this point. That's the perception I get. He may even get leapfrogged by David Bruton and Derek Pegues if you don't consider them on his level already, although both are more likely free safeties from what I've heard. Michael Hamlin of Clemson seems to have similar value from what I've seen.

thule
12-01-2008, 10:28 PM
I believe Scott did an article about him....look for him to see snaps at LB in post season games and activities....that is the word on the street anyways.

ThePudge
12-01-2008, 11:33 PM
As it was said before me, Nic Harris isn't too much of a Safety prospect at this point. His top value would likely come as a WLB/Special Teams player. It's hard to project a round to a player that has not played the position much, but due to Harris' natural ability and talent you have to think he'll get a shot somewhere. Perhaps the mid-late round player that has the most to gain in post-season events such as the Senior Bowl or Combine.