PDA

View Full Version : Dusty on IR :(

bored of education
12-02-2008, 09:52 AM
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3737841

Nose tackle Dusty Dvoracek will miss the final four games after rupturing his right biceps during a loss at Minnesota on Sunday night, his third season-ending injury in as many NFL seasons.

k0ng
12-02-2008, 10:52 AM
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3737841

Nose tackle Dusty Dvoracek will miss the final four games after rupturing his right biceps during a loss at Minnesota on Sunday night, his third season-ending injury in as many NFL seasons.

I had high hopes for Dusty this season. He started strong but seemed to get worn out as the season progressed. I hope he can come back from this and stay healthy next season.

At least we will see more of Marcus Harrison.

Smokey Joe
12-02-2008, 10:18 PM
Dusty's gone after this year, I'd put money on that.

Hopefully we can replace him with a NT who doesn't consistently get driven back into the linebackers for next year.

SFbear
12-02-2008, 10:46 PM

Hopefully we can replace him with a NT who doesn't consistently get driven back into the linebackers for next year.

Not if Lovie Smith has anything to say about it. i wouldn't be surprised to see our run defense completely crumble at this point. Start MJD if you got him. =(

BeerBaron
12-02-2008, 11:41 PM
Anthony Adams wasn't really that much better in the last game.......go Harrison! wooo.....

We weren't very good to begin with and now we're beat up. This season has gone downhill rather quickly

MidwayMonster31
12-02-2008, 11:59 PM
Too many problems with injury. Dusty at least made it further than he has in the past. I don't think he's gone after next year, but it wouldn't surprise me if the Bears get another DT in the draft. That position is surprisingly deep.

awfullyquiet
12-03-2008, 09:22 AM
Too many problems with injury. Dusty at least made it further than he has in the past. I don't think he's gone after next year, but it wouldn't surprise me if the Bears get another DT in the draft. That position is surprisingly deep.

But who to cut then next year? How many DT's can we have? Wait. Stupid question.

I'm so impressed with Idonije i don't really care about dusty. MJD won't do any worse than AP did. That said. Start MJD.

Gay Ork Wang
12-03-2008, 10:49 AM
a very interesting note:

MIKE BROWN IS STILL NOT ON IR :O

regoob2
12-03-2008, 10:53 AM

Why would we get rid of Dusty? Hes a good NT and he makes nothing.

bored of education
12-03-2008, 10:53 AM
a very interesting note:

:O
:o
:o
:o!!
zomgz

BeerBaron
12-03-2008, 11:49 AM
a very interesting note:

Yaaaaay! No one is as happy about that as I am.

Smokey Joe
12-03-2008, 06:40 PM
Why would we get rid of Dusty? Hes a good NT and he makes nothing.

He's not a good NT. He's shown a few flashes, but for the most part he has sucked. And because of his crappy play and inability to stay healthy, he should be cut.

regoob2
12-03-2008, 07:37 PM
He's not a good NT. He's shown a few flashes, but for the most part he has sucked. And because of his crappy play and inability to stay healthy, he should be cut.Dusty has not played that bad. He was our best DL for the first half of the season.

Smokey Joe
12-03-2008, 09:12 PM
Dusty has not played that bad. He was our best DL for the first half of the season.
First off, Marcus Harrison has been the best lineman for us this season, and second off, being the best linemen out of this bunch this year is just about the same as being the tallest midget. And yes, Dusty's played pretty terrible. He started off hot, but that doesn't mean **** if you do good for 2 games or so and suck for the rest.

I'm sorry, but seeing that site of Dusty continually getting driven into the linebackers time after time, I have seen it far too much. Good riddance to Dusty, he sucks.

Gay Ork Wang
12-04-2008, 09:06 AM
Idonjie > Marcus Harrison

Smokey Joe
12-04-2008, 06:46 PM
Idonije wouldn't be so bad if we didn't consistently put him at NT. It's one thing for him to be a 3 tech, but in the 1 or 0, he gets eaten alive. Also, he's a bit slow off of the ball.

Harrison is better, and you'd be crazy to think Idonije has out preformed him this season.

bearsfan_51
12-07-2008, 11:00 AM
Oh Smokey, you of the declarative statements.

I think Idonije and Harrison have both played well this year, and both are likely in the longterm plans on the team in some form or another. I'd expect Harrison to be the starter next year though, with Idonije playing more frequently on passing down.

Dusty, unfortunately, is not in the team's plans. I really liked him coming out of college. I really liked him against San Diego last year. But that was a long time ago, and he's really going to have to earn his way back onto the team.