PDA

View Full Version : Allen Bradford, RB USC

santeria531
12-02-2008, 03:14 PM
I remember being so excited when the Trojans got Allen Bradford out of HS b/c I knew he was one of the best LB prospect that year.... As soon as he got there, he was switched to RB and has never really played since. First question: Why would you switch the #1 OLB coming out of HS to a position that is ridiculously loaded with other 5-Star talents. Second question: Why isn't he playing? He seems to be the most physical runner they have at 5'11 and 225 lbs. Is he hurt? Bad work ethic? I feel bad for the guy b/c he is already a JR and is #4 on the depth chart & I doubt he'll ever play much w/ the younger studs they have.

My last question is: If he continues to not play, is there any way that he could make the NFL based PURELY on high school hype? I know he has proved nothing and has only managed to make 4th on the depth chart at USC, but he was the top OLB prospect in 2006... I just feel bad for the kid, maybe he should have done what Broderick Green is doing... TRANSFER!

SuperKevin
12-02-2008, 03:16 PM
To me it's just the fact that USC doesn't have a need for a physical runner right now. They very rarely need to convert short yardage situations and when they do they have enough speed to just outrun people on the outside.

D-Unit
12-02-2008, 03:20 PM
USC routinely uses #1 ranked preps as depth fodder. Remember Vidal Hazelton?

SuperKevin
12-02-2008, 03:24 PM

And Marc Tyler.

Menardo75
12-02-2008, 03:56 PM
Bradford is my favorite of all their backs. I think he will be a stud with some more work and PT.

Brent
12-02-2008, 05:02 PM
Vidal Hazelton
when he was a freshman, I bought NCAA and he would always become amazing about a year into dynasty mode haha

BuddyCHRIST
12-02-2008, 05:02 PM
Didn't he want to switch to RB when he went there because he had better pro potential? He needs to transfer (even to a FCS School) and have one big year and test well and he'd probably get drafted. But with the body of work he has right now I doubt he'd get drafted.

Zyro_1014
12-02-2008, 06:31 PM
he ran the ball like a man when we played him earlier this season.

have no idea what happened to him

lionsfan81
12-02-2008, 06:56 PM
My last question is: If he continues to not play, is there any way that he could make the NFL based PURELY on high school hype? I know he has proved nothing and has only managed to make 4th on the depth chart at USC, but he was the top OLB prospect in 2006... I just feel bad for the kid, maybe he should have done what Broderick Green is doing... TRANSFER!

Yes, it will now be referred to as Matt Cassell syndrome haha

santeria531
12-02-2008, 07:34 PM
Yes, it will now be referred to as Matt Cassell syndrome haha

lol yeah, very true. I was upset when they let Green run for over 100 yards against WSU! Bradford is a better runner, more physical, and older, yet Broderick was given the opportunity to hit the century mark. I thought that Gable & Bradford first got to USC that they were going to be the new 1-2 punch like Bush & White, but guess not...

And on USC stockpiling recruits for depth, I thought it was absolutely pitiful when they switched Jordan Campbell from LB to FB..... The kid seems like a stud linebacker and here they are trying to use him as backup FB to Havili (ouch).

STARHEATHER
12-02-2008, 07:37 PM
i would say hes probably not as good as the other guys on the team and thats not good for his nfl prospects. if youre not a good college player pretty slim chance youll be an nfl player. there are exceptions (willie parker) but i think that was more stupid coaching than him not being as good its ust not possible. noit a pete carrol fan but he does put his best out there i think.

BRAVEHEART
12-02-2008, 07:41 PM
Bradford and his dad wanted to him to play RB because they felt that he'd have better pro potential (like buddy christ said) at the position. I disagree though, I feel that he'd be an average NFL runner, but has the possibility to become an good (tampa 2) LB. Whenever he needs to make a block or a hit he just destroys dudes...it makes me sad that he doesn't play defense.

Zyro_1014
12-02-2008, 10:37 PM
Bradford and his dad wanted to him to play RB because they felt that he'd have better pro potential (like buddy christ said) at the position. I disagree though, I feel that he'd be an average NFL runner, but has the possibility to become an good (tampa 2) LB. Whenever he needs to make a block or a hit he just destroys dudes...it makes me sad that he doesn't play defense.

and im thinkin we may be in need of an OLB next year???

santeria531
12-03-2008, 12:17 PM
and im thinkin we may be in need of an OLB next year???

Maybe for depth... Malcolm Smith & Michael Morgan have looked pretty good when in games (of course, after USC is up by a few TDs).

Xonraider
12-03-2008, 01:06 PM

Wonder why they keep going there then...

Zyro_1014
12-03-2008, 01:09 PM
Wonder why they keep going there then...

because they are good players, a good player always has it set in their mind that they are going to be able to compete and win jobs, if you are any type of athlete you arent going anywhere if you dont think youre going to play.