PDA

View Full Version : Where do you see Plaxico Burress playing next year?

bigbuc
12-02-2008, 06:49 PM
Now that he's done in New York where do you see him playing?

I say Miami Dolphins... Bill put up with TO.

Maybe Baltimore Ravens... Ray Ray the man there!!

And if the G Men cut him he'll end up with the Philadelphia Eagles becuase Plax would wnat to play them two times a year!!!!

tjsunstein
12-02-2008, 06:55 PM
We shouldve just had one uber Plaxico thread.

I don't see Plax playing at all next year. Unless the prison has a football team.

D-Unit
12-02-2008, 06:55 PM
With the Redskins.

D-Unit
12-02-2008, 06:56 PM
Now that he's done in New York where do you see him playing?

I say Miami Dolphins... Bill put up with TO.

Maybe Baltimore Ravens... Ray Ray the man there!!

And if the G Men cut him he'll end up with the Philadelphia Eagles becuase Plax would wnat to play them two times a year!!!!
Bill put up with TO, but he didn't want TO. Big Difference.

giantsfan
12-02-2008, 06:57 PM
I think he would actually be a good fit for the raiders. He's proven he will play through injury for a team he's just kind of an idiot. Would actually give them that big number 1 WR Javon Walker isn't. Plax in FA and Andre Smith in the draft and the Raiders would actually be able to score points without help.

Shane P. Hallam
12-02-2008, 06:59 PM
Cowboys? Wait...

I could see him going to Baltimore myself.

scottyboy
12-02-2008, 07:02 PM
honestly, the Giants. I believe he comes back next year, I truely do.
(barring jail time, which I also don't see any major times coming his way)

bored of education
12-02-2008, 07:03 PM
Rikers Island

MetSox17
12-02-2008, 07:11 PM
honestly, the Giants. I believe he comes back next year, I truely do.
(barring jail time, which I also don't see any major times coming his way)

When the mayor of the city where you broke the law comes out and publicly asks at the very least for three and a half years, you're in trouble.

renegade
12-02-2008, 07:17 PM
The prison yard, maybe he and Micheal Vick can play together, it would be the best WR that Vick ever had.

scottyboy
12-02-2008, 07:17 PM
When the mayor of the city where you broke the law comes out and publicly asks at the very least for three and a half years, you're in trouble.

Bloomberg is an idiot. He's getting ripped apart by everyone. he's a greedy, money hungry bastid who is more of an attention ***** than ocho cinco. but keeping this from politics, i wouldn't bank too much on what he does...

Yatta!
12-02-2008, 07:23 PM
Speaking of Ocho Cinco. Would you rather have him or Burress on your team next year? I assume they will both be availiable one way or another.

I reckon the Redskins will make a play for at least one of them.

LonghornsLegend
12-02-2008, 07:23 PM
Cowboys? Wait...

YESS...For once we don't have to get linked to another big named, high priced dysfunctional player :)

Oakland seems very likely, Walker was a bust, they will want another WR, and hell Al just doesn't care.

D-Unit
12-02-2008, 07:25 PM
Speaking of Ocho Cinco. Would you rather have him or Burress on your team next year? I assume they will both be availiable one way or another.

I reckon the Redskins will make a play for at least one of them.
Chad or Plax will be wearing a Redskins jersey. I just know it. Both would be great WCO WRs under Zorn.

Bruce Banner
12-02-2008, 07:29 PM
The team that has had a rapist, a wife beater, and a pothead(s) on it's roster in the past 2 years.

SeanTaylorRIP
12-02-2008, 07:30 PM
Chad or Plax will be wearing a Redskins jersey. I just know it. Both would be great WCO WRs under Zorn.

Zorn will probably just try to get Deon Branch or Bobby Engram. I swear look at the Seahawks roster this year, that exact roster will be the entire redskins team in 3 years.

bored of education
12-02-2008, 07:31 PM
The team that has had a rapist, a wife beater, and a pothead(s) on it's roster in the past 2 years.
I wasn't in the NFL!

bored of education
12-02-2008, 07:31 PM
Zorn will probably just try to get Deon Branch or Bobby Engram. I swear look at the Seahawks roster this year, that exact roster will be the entire redskins team in 3 years.

Julian Peterson ?

niel89
12-02-2008, 07:36 PM
with vick

hgdug

Burns336
12-02-2008, 08:26 PM
San Diego Super Chargers.

Vincent Jackson is a turd who hasn't developed into anything more than an inconsistent 2. Buster Davis is trash. Chambers is old.

If they plan on sticking with Norv they will need weapons for Rivers. Rivers-Plax-Gates-Floyd/Jackson??

bigbluedefense
12-02-2008, 08:34 PM
Man this hurts :( If we don't win the SB, Im blaming it on Burress >=0

I can see him in Washington or Philly. I really wish the guy the best of luck, I really like the guy. But its gonna pain me to no end seeing him play for one of our rivals.

Sniper
12-02-2008, 08:37 PM
Man this hurts :( If we don't win the SB, Im blaming it on Burress >=0

I can see him in Washington or Philly. I really wish the guy the best of luck, I really like the guy. But its gonna pain me to no end seeing him play for one of our rivals.

Doubt Philly would take him. Reid hates guys that aren't high-character.

Kind of ironic, no?

D-Unit
12-02-2008, 08:40 PM

Kind of ironic, no?
I agree. It's the reason why you don't already have Chad Johnson.

bigbluedefense

Kind of ironic, no?

lmao. he'd come at a bargain price though. and he's not nearly as bad as he's being painted to be right now. he's just a complete moron is all.

Scotty D
Raiders would work, maybe the Jags.

Sniper

Yep. It really sucks.

Xiomera
Oakland Raiders

Bruce Banner
12-02-2008, 08:43 PM
Buccaneers. I'm telling you.

Gruden/Allen doesn't give a **** about character issues. We have a surefire rapist starting at tight end for us.

Plus, we have the most cap and a bottom 3 receiver group.

Sniper
12-02-2008, 08:45 PM
Buccaneers. I'm telling you.

Gruden/Allen doesn't give a **** about character issues. We have a surefire rapist starting at tight end for us.

Plus, we have the most cap and a bottom 3 receiver group.

What are they going to give the Giants? They're not going to have any draft picks after they deal their 1 and 2 for McNabb! :D

bigbluedefense
12-02-2008, 08:45 PM
i just hope he's not in the East. anywhere but our rivals. i really wish him the best.

that ****** moron.

Sniper
12-02-2008, 08:46 PM
i just hope he's not in the East. anywhere but our rivals. i really wish him the best.

that ****** moron.

Good news. More chances for Mario!

Bruce Banner
What are they going to give the Giants? They're not going to have any draft picks after they deal their 1 and 2 for McNabb! :D

You make a good point.

giantsfan
Raiders would work, maybe the Jags.

I'd love to see him on the Jags, if they could sign plax, build up some d line depth, incase injuries bite them again, and stud DT, trade up for Vince Oghobaase in round two?, and see some progress from their rookie pass rushers and they'd be a very serious playoff contender.

giantsfan
12-02-2008, 08:47 PM

too prove that he's even dumber? :confused:

bigbluedefense
12-02-2008, 08:48 PM

Im actually really curious now to see what Super Mario can do. He missed all of TC and PS. Never really got to see what he's made of.

Jvig43
Patriots!!!! na jk i dont want the guy, I say he goes to Washington. They need a WR and Plaxico im sure would love to put up points against his former team.

skinzzfan25
Heck, I'll take him.

He's a redskin killer and catches anything Eli throws in his general direction. Plax and D.Thomas flanked out with Santana in the slot.

I doubt we're gonna keep Randel El after this offseason unless he reconfigures his contract.

Sniper
too prove that he's even dumber? :confused:

Like I told BBD, you guys are putting wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy too much stock into a poor Wonderlic.

Sniper
12-02-2008, 08:49 PM
If Burress came to Philly, Sheldon Brown would cry tears of joy.

Bruce Banner
12-02-2008, 08:49 PM
Like I told BBD, you guys are putting wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy too much stock into a poor Wonderlic.

someone released an old version of the wonderlic.

how it gauges a person's football IQ or anything like that is beyond me.

i also don't see how it can parallel to a player's ability to understand a playbook.

bigbluedefense
12-02-2008, 08:50 PM
If Burress came to Philly, Sheldon Brown would cry tears of joy.

this is actually true. Burress owned the Eagles during his days as a Giant. he also got away with pushing off a lot :p

scottyboy
12-02-2008, 08:50 PM

no, at camp he ran wrong routes at least 40% of the time. Granted, that was then and awhile back but still...

still, if Plax is gone, we need a big WR ala Kenny Britt

giantsfan
12-02-2008, 08:51 PM

Or how poorly he handled his marijuana incident last year. I've only seen him speak once but he really didn't come off as the sharpest tool in the shed. But hey as long as Coughlin scares him into being an idiot who busts his ass for the team like he had going with plax for a while things'll be aight for a while.

Sniper
12-02-2008, 08:51 PM
this is actually true. Burress owned the Eagles during his days as a Giant.

Un-*******-real. It's like he became Jerry Rice against the Eagles. He caught the GW OT TD right in front of me against Brown a couple years ago.

he also got away with pushing off a lot :p

Ya think? :D

giantsfan
12-02-2008, 08:53 PM
no, at camp he ran wrong routes at least 40% of the time. Granted, that was then and awhile back but still...

still, if Plax is gone, we need a big WR ala Kenny Britt

I'm hoping WRs fall again this year and we have a shot at DHB. We'd only use him in the redzone early, but a future trio at WR of Hixon, DHB and Smith with Mario the explosive fourth WR would be awesome.

bigbluedefense
12-02-2008, 08:56 PM
I really don't think the Giants are going to the SB without Burress. :(

I love me some Hixon, but teams will eventually figure him out.

Ravens1991
12-02-2008, 09:18 PM
I think the Ravens could make a play for him. But IDK exactly since Harbuagh seems to be a high character guy.

Also isnt the minimum for a gun charge 3.5 years in NYC? If thats true Burress is in trouble.

Number 10
12-02-2008, 09:38 PM
Plax likes the big market.

I can see Chicago, Washington, Denver, and NYJ

derza222
12-02-2008, 09:39 PM

Wouldn't be surprised if they ended up with Housh, though. Which isn't too bad.

To answer the original question, the Redskins make a lot of sense. The Raiders and Chargers could both make sense if he wants to go out west, the Chargers moreso if he wants to go to a contender obviously. Maybe one of the NFC North teams too, not sure how much of a premium they put on character but he'd be a pretty decent fit across from Berrian in Minnesota and the Bears could use a guy like Plax.

Turtlepower
12-02-2008, 09:39 PM
I really don't think the Giants are going to the SB without Burress. :(

I love me some Hixon, but teams will eventually figure him out.

Stay on the Bandwagon BBD. Many SB champs don't have the #1 WR threat. We can do it!!!

tjsunstein
12-02-2008, 09:40 PM
I can see Houston for some reason.

bigbluedefense
12-02-2008, 09:43 PM
Stay on the Bandwagon BBD. Many SB champs don't have the #1 WR threat. We can do it!!!

you know whats funny? i didn't think we were winning the SB last year until 4th down. not even for a second. i was just waiting for my heart to get ripped out of my chest the whole time.

hopefully, this leads to the media doubting the Giants again, and the players get motivated and hungry to win. i never like it when everyone slobs the Giants knob. they always get full of themselves and play bad at the worst time when they do.

Turtlepower
12-02-2008, 09:46 PM
you know whats funny? i didn't think we were winning the SB last year until 4th down. not even for a second. i was just waiting for my heart to get ripped out of my chest the whole time.

hopefully, this leads to the media doubting the Giants again, and the players get motivated and hungry to win. i never like it when everyone slobs the Giants knob. they always get full of themselves and play bad at the worst time when they do.

I hate this game against the Eagles on Sunday. I feel it is a huge trap game. Then again, McNabb never seems to play well after a good game anymore.

As I mentioned on the Giants forum, I want us to win the next 2, sit everyone out against the Panthers and then play everyone against the Vikings.

yourfavestoner
12-02-2008, 09:56 PM
You make a good point.

So you think that Gruden is waking up every morning with a stiffie from dreams of throwing the ball fifty times a game with McNabb too, huh?

Also, I just read this (http://draftcountdown.com/forum/showthread.php?p=1347121&posted=1#post1347121) article on Stevens after you mentioning all that. I had no idea that dude was such a fuckup.

Bruce Banner
12-02-2008, 09:58 PM
So you think that Gruden is waking up every morning with a stiffie from dreams of throwing the ball fifty times a game with McNabb too, huh?

For sure.

Gruden would throw 40+ times every week if he had McNabb.

PackerLegend
12-02-2008, 11:42 PM
He will be playing for the mean machines.....

Pretty bad*** team I must say

Bruce Banner
12-02-2008, 11:50 PM

Also, I just read this (http://draftcountdown.com/forum/showthread.php?p=1347121&posted=1#post1347121) article on Stevens after you mentioning all that. I had no idea that dude was such a fuckup.

I'm surprised this many people don't know about Jerramy.

MidwayMonster31
12-02-2008, 11:53 PM
After Tank Johnson, Lovie Smith will never take on someone who has the kind of baggage that Burress has now. Tampa Bay is a good option.