PDA

View Full Version : RB LeGarrette Blount, Oregon

Pokeys
12-02-2008, 11:43 PM
What do you guys think of him. Hes a junior and probably won't come out till 2010. I think hes a 1st rounder, Powerful runner.

Race for the Heisman
12-03-2008, 09:40 AM
What do you guys think of him. Hes a junior and probably won't come out till 2010. I think hes a 1st rounder, Powerful runner.

Depends on who stays from this year and who comes out early next year. I think he might have the potential to crack the first, but if Wells stays (and I only say him because of the success Ohio State has in luring players back), or any top guy stays (LeSean McCoy has said on multiple occasions he would stay) then things change. Combine one or two guys staying, guys who probably won't come out like Graig Cooper and DeMarco Murray, and the top underclassmen like Jonathan Dwyer, and it all depends on how many prospects are considered better than he is, even if he wouldn't necessarily be out of place in the first round.

Don Vito
12-03-2008, 12:14 PM
He definitely has a ton of talent, he runs hard and is a physical freak. Blount was actually committed to Ole Miss ended up signing with Oregon, admitting that Oregon's "cool" uniforms played a big part in it.

duckseason
12-03-2008, 01:06 PM
He's definitely a first round talent. He is just an absolute beast. There really isn't a guy I can think of to compare him to. Maybe a cross between Jacobs and AD. Leaner and faster, more agile than Jacobs, but not as quick or ferocious style as AD. Big and tall like both. Maybe saying he's a quicker Larry Johnson is a better comparison. But don't get me wrong, I'm not saying he's the second coming of any of those guys. Just trying to illustrate.

You wanna see what this guy is capable of, watch the second angle on this clip-

3aP0SphLZeY

That's a power back doing that. He leaped over guys 5 or 6 times this season. If Richt were our coach, I'm sure the nation would know about it. He's just got unbelievable athleticism and body control for a guy his size. Great field awareness too, which I'm always big on. He broke the Oregon record for rushing TD's in a season despite splitting carries with JJ and without a passing game to speak of for the majority of the season. The guy is a beast.

He was quoted about a month ago as saying he would be back for his senior year, but some wonder if his grades will be up to par. And really, when you're projected to go as high as he is at that position, you should leave.

(http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G1dqU60h3gY&feature=related)

Pokeys
12-03-2008, 05:32 PM
I think I'd put him ahead of Jonathan Stewart, and Jeremiah Johnson.

Menardo75
12-03-2008, 05:35 PM
He is a monster one of my favorite backs in college football. He reminds me of Brandon Jacobs except he is running in the Oregon offense.

AkiliSmith
12-03-2008, 06:06 PM
I wouldn't count him out on declaring. I don't think he's good at school and if he stays he would turn 25 his rookie season.

oregonbucfan
12-04-2008, 12:29 AM
I wouldn't count him out on declaring. I don't think he's good at school and if he stays he would turn 25 his rookie season.

yeah grades will be the reason he would go. But if grades are fine he will be back

Vox Populi
12-04-2008, 02:01 AM
Nothing much to say about him cause I haven't seen enough, in fact I've never really paid attention when watching the Ducks this season, but damn, that was a dirty hurdle and a pretty nice cut after it. Cat definitely has some balance and athleticism.

From what I've heard he needs to run a lot lower, but I can't say its true or not having never really paid attention. I think I've seen a total of 1 Ducks game (2 halves of different games)