PDA

View Full Version : Aaron Curry

LarryJohnson27
12-04-2008, 01:22 AM
By far my favorite prospect of this years draft. I think he's the best LB in the draft, and I hope the Chiefs draft him to play MLB in our Tampa 2 system. What's everybodies opinion of him, and where do you rank him among Rey, Little Animal, and Spikes?

Paranoidmoonduck
12-04-2008, 01:28 AM
Personally, I think he's ahead of every one by a mile, and I actually really like Spikes, who is my #2 linebacker. He's almost always evidently the best player on the field and reminds me a lot of AJ Hawk (although Curry stands out a bit more at Wake Forest).

I really like both Orakpo and Jenkins, but Curry might wind up being my highest rated defender in the upcoming draft.

giantsfan
12-04-2008, 01:30 AM
Curry

Spikes
Rey Rey/lil animal

if we're not including more OLBs like kindle and sintim

dolfan
12-04-2008, 11:00 AM
i was at the wakeforest @ miami game... im a miami fan, but dam curry is a big mother f***** and hits hard..

rockio42
12-04-2008, 11:22 AM
I love his ability (projected) to move around the field and play in different systems; I definetly think he can be a great 4-3 WLB a Tampa 2 WLB or MLB and a 3-4 ILB

ThePudge
12-04-2008, 11:34 AM
Has quickly become my favorite player in the upcoming draft. It's time for people to stop sleeping on him and giving him the credit he's due. Curry is the best Linebacker prospect since A.J. Hawk, though I still don't think he touches Hawk there. At 6'3 247 he's very big, very athletic, and just makes plays on the football field. Coming into the season he was even the school's record holder for Int yards. He returned three picks for Td's last season.

Curry probably won't get out of the Top 7-10. Right now, I have him pegged to the Bengals at 2nd Overall.

The next Linebacker I like is Laurinaitis, who I have right around 15 on my big board. Spikes, I have right around 20 and Maualuga around 22-23 or so. Haha Still putting some finishing touches on my current big board, forgive me, it's a work in progress.

Babylon
12-04-2008, 12:43 PM
First off i watched him closely against BC and he didnt do much but that was one game. He has ideal size and appears to be a real good athlete so i would think he can turn out to be a pro bowl type player down the road. If he comes to the combine and his numbers measure out like people expect he should be a top 10-15 pick easily.

As of now i think the best linebackers out there are Cushing, Spikes and Herzlich. Does that mean they will have the best careers? I don't have a crystal ball so you tell me. My list of 1st round talent would be. In no particular order:

Herzlich
Curry
Cushing
Laurinaitis
Spikes
Maualuga

Menardo75
12-04-2008, 03:05 PM
I have heard nothing but great things about him. I really would like to see more film on him, hopefully catch their bowl game.

ChezPower4
12-04-2008, 03:06 PM
Curry>all lbs in 2009 draft class

RaiderNation
12-04-2008, 04:42 PM
I got his as the number 1 LB prospect and a top 5 prospect for the draft. hes going to be a stud

Curry
Rey
Spikes
Laureitis

fenikz
12-04-2008, 04:53 PM
Curry = Dansby

Babylon
12-04-2008, 06:22 PM
Curry = Dansby

Is that good or bad?

fenikz
12-04-2008, 06:24 PM
Is that good or bad?

that is very good, how do people on this site not know how amazing Karlos Dansby is, i mean the entire site is dedicated to football and he is a top 10 LB

BrownsTown
12-04-2008, 06:36 PM
Is that good or bad?

-_-

Karlos Dansby pwns.

AkiliSmith
12-04-2008, 06:42 PM
that is very good, how do people on this site not know how amazing Karlos Dansby is, i mean the entire site is dedicated to football and he is a top 10 LB
Is Curry that good of a pass rusher? I have watched very little of him but just judging by his stats his sack totals aren't all that impressive. Does Wake Forest just never blitz him or what?

BuddyCHRIST
12-04-2008, 06:45 PM
Curry has all the tools, but I think he's being a bit overrated. He's never stood out to me watching Wake games. Laurinitis and Malauluga has been over critiqued a bit too much, they were considered great prospects for a reason.

ironman4579
12-04-2008, 06:53 PM
Curry has all the tools, but I think he's being a bit overrated. He's never stood out to me watching Wake games. Laurinitis and Malauluga has been over critiqued a bit too much, they were considered great prospects for a reason.

Because one plays LB at USC and the other has a dad who was a professional wrestler and got some rollover of the AJ Hawk greatness? Just a shot in the dark here.

BuddyCHRIST
12-04-2008, 07:27 PM
USC has tons of LB's, so to say the only reason he's getting pub is because he plays for them is just dumb. He can be a wrecker, he's just a bit inconsistent imo and can run himself out of play with his agressiveness. Laurinitis made a name for himself way before the whole his dad is a wrestler thing was highly publicized. He's been making plays since he was a sophmore. There's no doubt both have been overanalyzed, it always happens with big prospects who come back for their senior years.

Curry could be a great player because he has rare tools and can play any LB position, but he was not someone I noticed until some people started talking about him for the draft. But just watching a wake game you won't see him all over the place like some of the elite LB prospects of the past have.

fenikz
12-04-2008, 07:30 PM
Is Curry that good of a pass rusher? I have watched very little of him but just judging by his stats his sack totals aren't all that impressive. Does Wake Forest just never blitz him or what?

Dansby is a good pass rusher but not amazing, they are both just ultra athletic, play side line to side line, can drop in coverage, play man to man on a TE or RB, stop the run and occasionally blitz

ironman4579
12-04-2008, 08:18 PM
USC has tons of LB's, so to say the only reason he's getting pub is because he plays for them is just dumb. He can be a wrecker, he's just a bit inconsistent imo and can run himself out of play with his agressiveness. Laurinitis made a name for himself way before the whole his dad is a wrestler thing was highly publicized. He's been making plays since he was a sophmore. There's no doubt both have been overanalyzed, it always happens with big prospects who come back for their senior years.

Curry could be a great player because he has rare tools and can play any LB position, but he was not someone I noticed until some people started talking about him for the draft. But just watching a wake game you won't see him all over the place like some of the elite LB prospects of the past have.

And most of USC's LB's get pub, some more than they should because USC has a history of producing highly drafted LB's. As for JL, people were talking about his dad when he was a freshman, so no, he really didn't make a name before then. Honestly, I was half joking anyway, but both are extremely overrated IMO.

P-L
12-04-2008, 08:53 PM
Aaron Curry is light years ahead of every other linebacker in this year's class. He's one of the few players I'd put in the elite category.

Habibi
12-04-2008, 09:11 PM
Aaron Curry is awesome. Him and Patrick Willis are heads and shoulders better than any LB prospects to come out in the last three of four years.

Aftermath
12-04-2008, 09:42 PM
How does Curry compare to Keith Rivers?

SenorGato
12-04-2008, 09:51 PM

QFT. Dansby is the truth at LB...

Curry is the best lock to be a good player in this whole draft IMO. He's big, smart, athletic, well rounded, and he plays a position with very few true high pick busts that aren't injury related.

Also, I think Clint Sintim = Karlos Dansby.

Larry121283
12-05-2008, 12:22 PM
Best linebacker in the class.

I don't think he'll end up in the middle in the NFL though...I see him as a SAM 'backer.

If we are talking about linebacker in general, not just those that play inside, I'd rank'em...

1. Aaron Curry, WF
2. Clint Sintim, UVa.
3. Brandon Spikes, UF
4a. Brian Cushing, USC
4b. Rey Maualuga, USC *just see a little more upside in Cushing, but I'd rank the USC kids even

Babylon
12-05-2008, 02:46 PM
Best linebacker in the class.

I don't think he'll end up in the middle in the NFL though...I see him as a SAM 'backer.

If we are talking about linebacker in general, not just those that play inside, I'd rank'em...

1. Aaron Curry, WF
2. Clint Sintim, UVa.
3. Brandon Spikes, UF
4a. Brian Cushing, USC
4b. Rey Maualuga, USC *just see a little more upside in Cushing, but I'd rank the USC kids even

Draft eligible i have;

Herzlich
Curry
JL
Cushing
Spikes
Rey

bored of education
12-05-2008, 02:51 PM
An interesting development in KC is taking place. Derrick Johnson is being moved to MLB for the rest of the year. If he does well, the drafting of Curry could make that LB core pretty sick: Donnie Edwards, Demorrio Williams, Aaron Curry, Derrick Johnson. I likeys!

STARHEATHER
12-05-2008, 09:51 PM
smaller than advertised. slower than advertised. ive seen him get owned and have trouble with blockers . i dont see an elite lb. i wouldnt pick him in rd 1. decent but i dont see greatness warranted of a rd 1 pick.

STARHEATHER
12-05-2008, 09:52 PM
yes please use the 4th overall pick on aaron curry. that would be worse than dorsey. hes like 7 slots better than pat willis or jarrod mayo. i dont htink. but i wouldnt put it past kc. they are famous for awful drafting and colossal blunders

Menardo75
12-06-2008, 03:00 AM
They obviously should take Sergio Kindle over him. Way better pick no bust potential.

giantsfan
12-06-2008, 03:11 AM
They obviously should take Sergio Kindle over him. Way better pick no bust potential.

The only reasont he lions won't take kindle is they feel bad for AD and don't want to end his career.

kmartin575
12-06-2008, 03:30 AM
yes please use the 4th overall pick on aaron curry. that would be worse than dorsey. hes like 7 slots better than pat willis or jarrod mayo. i dont htink. but i wouldnt put it past kc. they are famous for awful drafting and colossal blunders

Worse than Dorsey? WTF does that mean? Was Dorsey all of a sudden a bad pick or something?

No wonder you have negative rep, your a complete idiot and a tool.

giantsfan
12-06-2008, 04:23 AM
Worse than Dorsey? WTF does that mean? Was Dorsey all of a sudden a bad pick or something?

No wonder you have negative rep, your a complete idiot and a tool.

The Chiefs don't have a top 5 defense thus dorsey isn't a god and worth a top 5 pick, isn't it obvious?

kmartin575
12-06-2008, 07:00 PM
The Chiefs don't have a top 5 defense thus dorsey isn't a god and worth a top 5 pick, isn't it obvious?

I guess so, I can't believe I was so blind.

ChezPower4
12-06-2008, 08:49 PM

What makes him overrated? I've seen him play 3 times this year and not only does he have spectacular instincts but he plays his assignments with great technique. He's one of the most NFL ready players I've seen in a few years.

Babylon
12-06-2008, 09:23 PM
What makes him overrated? I've seen him play 3 times this year and not only does he have spectacular instincts but he plays his assignments with great technique. He's one of the most NFL ready players I've seen in a few years.

The two times i have seen him play he's played pretty well. He is a nice combination of size and speed though. I don't know about overrated because i think scouts have him in the mid 1st round area as an OLB. He's probably this years Keith Rivers in the grand scheme of things.

Monomach
12-06-2008, 10:29 PM
smaller than advertised. slower than advertised. ive seen him get owned and have trouble with blockers . i dont see an elite lb. i wouldnt pick him in rd 1. decent but i dont see greatness warranted of a rd 1 pick.

I really hate the rule that says I have to spread rep around first before I can negative rep someone again.

Monomach
12-06-2008, 10:33 PM
I guess so, I can't believe I was so blind.
You should have seen the one one where he/she said Drew Brees sucks because the Saints aren't winning the division.

Or the one where he/she asked questions about a player he/she'd never seen and then immediately went into a rant that acted like he/she knew all about that player. We should have just told him/her that the QB in question was 7 feet tall, 400 lbs of muscle, and could throw the ball half a mile so he/she could do the write up saying that Detroit has to take him first overall.

giantsfan
12-06-2008, 10:48 PM
You should have seen the one one where he/she said Drew Brees sucks because the Saints aren't winning the division.

Or the one where he/she asked questions about a player he/she'd never seen and then immediately went into a rant that acted like he/she knew all about that player. We should have just told him/her that the QB in question was 7 feet tall, 400 lbs of muscle, and could throw the ball half a mile so he/she could do the write up saying that Detroit has to take him first overall.

Umm football is a game decided by individuals, coaching and team-mates don't matter, the good ones win and the bad ones don't go undefeated.

STARHEATHER
12-08-2008, 07:58 PM
yes dorsey was one of the worst picks in the draft. 2-11. if curry is picked top 10 hell be one of this years worst. not as big or nearly as fast as pat willis or kindleor as advertised. misses tackles. gets blocked and doesnt shed well. vs bc. not much. hes one of these guys you have to keep clean or theyre worthless. i could see maybe late rd 1 but i dont see why hes any better than your normal 2nd rd lb like thomas howard or d quell jackson. hes one of these guys who looks great when no one blocks him and he can run unfettered but get a body near him and he becomes pretty much ineffective at least in the bc game

gsorace
12-08-2008, 09:01 PM
He's obviously a troll, i'm not sure why people are getting mad at him.

giantsfan
12-08-2008, 09:56 PM
yes dorsey was one of the worst picks in the draft. 2-11. if curry is picked top 10 hell be one of this years worst. not as big or nearly as fast as pat willis or kindleor as advertised. misses tackles. gets blocked and doesnt shed well. vs bc. not much. hes one of these guys you have to keep clean or theyre worthless. i could see maybe late rd 1 but i dont see why hes any better than your normal 2nd rd lb like thomas howard or d quell jackson. hes one of these guys who looks great when no one blocks him and he can run unfettered but get a body near him and he becomes pretty much ineffective at least in the bc game

But pat willis is a bust, the 9ers suck.