PDA

View Full Version : Aaron Maybin- PSU

bigG
12-05-2008, 03:49 AM
I'm surprised people on this site arent drooling over him. He has one of the quickest first steps I have ever seen. His 10 yard split has to be in the 1.2's. he reminds me of Jason Taylor. Any thoughts?

underscore
12-05-2008, 05:28 AM
He still needs another 10-15lbs and still needs to improve on his inside moves. Last year he relied solely on his speed rush to the outside. He did much better this year, but still needs to improve to be anything more than a 3rd down pass rusher in the NFL.

SuperKevin
12-05-2008, 06:21 AM
The fact that he wasn't going to get a lot of PT this year until Maurice Evans screwed up might have something to do with that. I promise you he'll have the insane George Selvie hype next year.

bigG
12-05-2008, 06:28 AM
Ya I agree with you. He is probably a year away.

Race for the Heisman
12-05-2008, 10:17 AM
Think Derrick Harvey. Possible second rounder this year, but come back and solidify your game and the sky is the limit.

eaglesalltheway
12-05-2008, 10:25 AM
His main problem is he is sooooo small for a DE and would still be considered small for a LB. Last I heard he was 235-ish. At least I think, not sure though. But he doesn't play with great leverage or strength or technicality to make up for his lack of size. Even if he is around 240 right now, he'll have to gain at least 15 pounds to be considered a good DE prospect, most likely at RE because of the quickness that has already been mentioned. He could be a rush LB in a 3-4 if he gains 5-10 pounds, but I don't know if he can do all of the other responsibilities that LB have, I haven't seen him in that role and don't know enough about his history. I love the guy as a player and have loved watching him this season as a PSU fan, but he will need to gain some serious muscle and technique to be considered an elite DE prospect. He would need to gain a good deal of muscle and learn the intricacies of LB play to be considered a good OLB prospect. I'm sure if he gets i high grade when he comes out he will get labelled with the "boom or bust" cliche.

DeathbyStat
12-05-2008, 11:34 AM
I feel he will be a very good potential first round 3-4 OLB.

But like some have said before he needs to add weight.

Lets see how he performs against USC

STARHEATHER
12-05-2008, 08:16 PM
hes in my top32. i doint see him duplicatin g the #s and hes a great shot at rd 1. looks athletic enough to be a lb. little undersized but hes young. very athletic. wreaks havoc. like it. should declare. should work well enough to remain rd 1

eaglesalltheway
12-05-2008, 08:19 PM
hes in my top32. i doint see him duplicatin g the #s and hes a great shot at rd 1. looks athletic enough to be a lb. little undersized but hes young. very athletic. wreaks havoc. like it. should declare. should work well enough to remain rd 1

He's gonna need to have a great bowl game and really good numbers to go in the first round this year IMO. Next year, if he follows up the production, (showing consistency) shows that he has either gained weight or can can weight, and works out well he should be a first round option, but now I say he is a late second early third round prospect.

STARHEATHER
12-05-2008, 08:34 PM
hes played great this year. espn has him in the top 20. i ust think with the future looming of low rookie salaries if youre a rd 1 pick you go. i think hes a regular lb. also could be 3-4 olb. hes not small like 6 4 235. and hes young. even at that size he could surely play lb. and he gives you a nice pass rush threat and hes more athletic than advertised i think from seeing him play. i think hes a lb i think hes a rd 1 pick. strike while the irons hot. he seems a good citizen. in the games hes the best player out there most of the time.

eaglesalltheway
12-05-2008, 08:36 PM
hes played great this year. espn has him in the top 20. i ust think with the future looming of low rookie salaries if youre a rd 1 pick you go. i think hes a regular lb. also could be 3-4 olb. hes not small like 6 4 235. and hes young. even at that size he could surely play lb. and he gives you a nice pass rush threat and hes more athletic than advertised i think from seeing him play. i think hes a lb i think hes a rd 1 pick. strike while the irons hot. he seems a good citizen. in the games hes the best player out there most of the time.

Serious question, not being a smart ass in this post but...

Does your "j" button not work? Your last few post have the "j"s missing in a few. I noticed "just" is "ust" in your posts.

STARHEATHER
12-05-2008, 08:39 PM
its spotty. ive just assumed people figured it out so i stopped checking. you know not big on editing

eaglesalltheway
12-05-2008, 08:44 PM
We all know, beleive me everybody knows...

ElectricEye
12-05-2008, 08:52 PM
hes played great this year. espn has him in the top 20.

Buying into the hype huh? Yeah, ok, have fun with your Darren McFadden's.

Future bust because he's ranked high on ESPN.

eaglesalltheway
12-05-2008, 08:53 PM
Buying into the hype huh? Yeah, ok, have fun with your Darren McFadden's.

Future bust because he's ranked high on ESPN.

Heather:

Yakkity yak, don't talk back...

STARHEATHER
12-05-2008, 08:59 PM
they had him high. i said hed bust dmac. they have him high, i have him high, so i feel good about it maybin

eaglesalltheway
12-05-2008, 09:03 PM
I honestly don't knwo what you are trying to say here...thinks deeply for about 30 seconds, light goes on... I gotcha, heather man, your posts are like mental puzzles.

STARHEATHER
12-05-2008, 09:05 PM
i predicted mcfadden would bust. they did not.
i predict mayin will be good. so do they.
point as long as i like him thats all thast matters

eaglesalltheway
12-05-2008, 09:14 PM
i predicted mcfadden would bust. they did not.
i predict mayin will be good. so do they.
point as long as i like him thats all thast matters

That last line was another mental puzzle.

STARHEATHER
12-05-2008, 09:17 PM
not intention but if you say so

eaglesalltheway
12-05-2008, 09:21 PM
Well I have a playoff game tomorrow and will be up late thinking about it unless I take some Nyquill. I'm getting a cold too so it will actually help hopefully. Good evening to all. If you want wish my team luck, we are up agianst a tough opponent tomorrow.