PDA

View Full Version : Mark Parson, CB Ohio

naruto613
12-05-2008, 10:15 AM
I've been looking at a bunch of different websites, and they have Parson rated within the Late 1st to 3rd. I've had the chance to see him play for two years now, and un-biased (because I am a student at OU), I think he has the talent to bring his game to the pros.

Any thoughts of where he'll be selected?

princefielder28
12-05-2008, 11:17 AM
I'd say Parson is a solid 2nd round choice for a team looking for a man-to-man CB

ThePudge
12-05-2008, 11:43 AM
I've been looking at a bunch of different websites, and they have Parson rated within the Late 1st to 3rd. I've had the chance to see him play for two years now, and un-biased (because I am a student at OU), I think he has the talent to bring his game to the pros.

Any thoughts of where he'll be selected?

Oh yea, student at OU. I am too. What's your name? As far as I know the rapist population isn't all too high on this site, but if you'd rather PM it, that's cool.

As for Parson, I'm not so sure about Late 1st to 3rd. I'd start looking for him in the Early 3rd, but understand it depends a lot on his activity in post-season all-star games (East-West Shrine Game looks likely, but perhaps the Senior Bowl) and his Combine performance. OU's defense, as you well know, did not make many plays this season and rotated their defensive backs far too often.

PF, this year the team actually sat back in zone a little bit and Parson's numbers suffered. His Pass Breakups went from 16 his Sophomore season to just 5 this year. He has very pedestrian measurables at 5'10 192 which makes him not undersized, but very average. Where he runs may determine his final draft stock. Personally, I see him running a very average 40. Likely in the 4.47-4.53 range. If it's the low end of that, he has that chance at the 3rd, either way he shouldn't get out of the Late 4th-Early 5th at the very latest. He is a solid corner and a solid prospect, but one has to question his playmaking ability and what sets him apart from the rest of this class. I'd take Parson for my Bengals in the early 4th. Like anyone though, his stock is subject to rise.