PDA

View Full Version : Chase Patton, QB, Missouri

grushcow
12-07-2008, 01:02 PM
Does anybody know much about the other Chase. Playing behind Daniel he never really had a shot to show anything but looked like he had some potential in the game last night. I remember reading an espn article on him and his potential to be and NFL quarterback but haven't seen him mentioned anywhere. what are your thoughts?

Cigaro
12-07-2008, 01:12 PM
I've never seen him play other than I believe one YouTube video, but I know he's much more of a prostyle quarterback than Daniel, and he's got everything you look for when it comes to measurables and mechanics. Probably 6th, 7th round pick, maybe UDFA, but will certainly make a camp somewhere.

BPhilb
12-07-2008, 01:15 PM
He has most of the physical skills you look for. He is actually fairly mobile also. He should get a flier and could benefit from a couple of years in an NFL camp, but he also has been accepted into dental school so he may not give the NFL a shot.

colts_fan8818
12-07-2008, 01:21 PM
From what I have seen and read about him, he should get a shot somewhere. He is a fairly mobile, strong armed, prototype of a QB, so if Matt Cassel got a shot I don't see why he can't get one too.

captainjack27
12-07-2008, 02:07 PM
Does anybody know much about the other Chase. Playing behind Daniel he never really had a shot to show anything but looked like he had some potential in the game last night. I remember reading an espn article on him and his potential to be and NFL quarterback but haven't seen him mentioned anywhere. what are your thoughts?

If Matt Cassell can, Don't see why Patton can't.

sbh15
12-07-2008, 03:07 PM
He was the subject of that dumb ESPN cover story about backup quarterbacks in college. He has NFL size and a good arm and apparently now any quarterback who has those qualities and doesn't do much in college is the next Tom Brady.

I'm sure he could make an impact, but I wouldn't bet on it.

MarioPalmer
12-07-2008, 03:35 PM
Whats crazy is that if he was a junior he'd be a backup again next season. Blaine Gabbert, the #2 Prep QB landed in Columbia and was only #2 to Terrell Pryor and most scouting services have Gabbert ahead of Pryor as a prospect.

Gabbert has the size 6'5 230lbs. and mobility, was clocked at 4.65 during summer camps and has the arm of a young Eli or Peyton. He is a pure pocket passer, but has the ability to boot leg and throw on the run. I just hope that suck ass Pinkky doesn't ruin him with the Spread Offense. Gabbert is a stud, and if he progress properly he will be a top 10 pick and Missouri's first 1rst round QB.

Hokie's#1
12-07-2008, 04:08 PM
I see Patton being picked up in free agency.

holt_bruce81
12-07-2008, 07:39 PM
Was a high school legend at Rock Bridge (MO). Has a big time arm and is mobile enough to make things happen with his feet. Has Great size 6'4-6'5 215-225 pounds.