PDA

View Full Version : ILB Brit Miller Illinois

Hokie's#1
12-07-2008, 04:06 PM
http://http://assets.espn.go.com/photo/2008/0401/ncf_g_miller_200.jpg

Why isn't he in the rankings? He is a little out of shape but he is like 3rd in the nation for tackles for loss and top 10 for overall tackles.

SuperKevin
12-07-2008, 04:58 PM
Because he's supposedly slower than J Leman who was more talented and went undrafted

captainjack27
12-07-2008, 08:05 PM

Why isn't he in the rankings? He is a little out of shape but he is like 3rd in the nation for tackles for loss and top 10 for overall tackles.

That's because U of I's defense is constantly on the field. He prolly leads the league in missed tackles as well. He's decent, but not draft worthy

bored of education
12-07-2008, 08:25 PM
Because he's supposedly slower than J Leman who was more talented and went undrafted
like he said

5.8 40 time i guess

CroomDawgs
12-07-2008, 11:40 PM

Because in his last 4 games he had 1.5 tackles for loss.

He has no chance of being drafted.

ChiFan24
12-07-2008, 11:42 PM
As an Illinois fan, and without getting too deep into it, he's a much worse version of J Leman. Not at all draftable.

sweetness34
12-08-2008, 04:02 PM
As an Illinois fan, and without getting too deep into it, he's a much worse version of J Leman. Not at all draftable.

You are off your ******* rocker if you think he's "much worse than Leman." Brit was the only saving grace of that defense this year, had a helluva season after being moved to MLB.

Brit is a better prospect than Leman was because of his athleticism and his coverage ability. Leman got the most out of his ability, Brit still has some upside. 5.8 40 time? Really, that's slower than most lineman run. If Brit can get his ass into shape he will do some things at he combine.

Leman was a better college player, Brit is a better prospect.

CroomDawgs
12-08-2008, 06:46 PM
Leman was a better college player, Brit is a better prospect.

Not saying too much

underscore
12-08-2008, 07:18 PM
He's the kind of guy that may not get drafted, but may find a way to make a team as an UDFA

Favre4
12-10-2008, 01:48 PM
can anyone say brady poppinga? seems like a carbon copy. poppinga is a little more solid as far as body type goes, but he is also slow as a turtle and couldnt cover plaxico burress in a jail cell. dependable on early downs in the run game though.

sweetness34
12-10-2008, 02:24 PM
Not saying too much

Brit Miller has a future in the NFL because he has more tools than Leman did. J was just a very emotional and smart player, but he has physical limitations. Brit is built better, he's much faster, he's better in coverage, and he's more versatile. As I said if he can get his ass in shape for the combine he will surprise some people.

CroomDawgs
12-10-2008, 03:18 PM
Brit Miller has a future in the NFL because he has more tools than Leman did. J was just a very emotional and smart player, but he has physical limitations. Brit is built better, he's much faster, he's better in coverage, and he's more versatile. As I said if he can get his ass in shape for the combine he will surprise some people.

Yea future as a special teamer. I never said Leman was a better prospect he wasn't but Lets be real here. He's got a better build yes but much faster? Not sure there. He's one of the only LBs in FBS with a gut and no matter what his physical abilities are over Leman i'd bet he doesn't run that much faster.

Another thing is that as good as he was early on minus Missouri, he was pretty lousy the last 4 games he only totaled 1.5 tackles for loss. TO me if he's lucky he's a late 7th rounder.

captainjack27
12-10-2008, 03:23 PM

Ended his season too poorly, and despite the amount of tackles he makes, he misses too many as well. Has to be very good at the combine to even be a late rounder.

Hokie's#1
12-10-2008, 04:53 PM
He's really slow and out shape so I say he will turn in a bad 40 time.

etk
12-10-2008, 06:22 PM
Anthony Schlegel clone. Too slow for the NFL.

Favre4
12-12-2008, 01:09 PM
only way he makes it is by working his tail off. he would have to be a guy that is giving it everything he has every play to even be a solid backup in the nfl. i would probably say he is a practice squad guy for a couple of years then out of the nfl.

illmatic74
12-12-2008, 06:08 PM
I saw on Illinois's football journey show and he seemed like a funny guy but also a leader. That has nothing to do whether or not he can play in the NFL though.

Hokie's#1
12-12-2008, 06:40 PM
only way he makes it is by working his tail off. he would have to be a guy that is giving it everything he has every play to even be a solid backup in the nfl. i would probably say he is a practice squad guy for a couple of years then out of the nfl.

That's true but hard work is no substitute for talent.

sweetness34
12-12-2008, 07:12 PM
Ended his season too poorly, and despite the amount of tackles he makes, he misses too many as well. Has to be very good at the combine to even be a late rounder.

As I said he needs to work his butt off to get into NFL type shape but he has the tools to play in the NFL.

He moved to MLB this year after playing 3 years at OLB and put up All-Big 10 numbers on a defense that was not very good this year.

dansaint
12-13-2008, 02:46 AM
I think 4 Illini guys get drafted or have a good chance at being drafted:

CB Vontae Davis. (top or middle 1st round)
DE Will Davis-Had a very nice Jr. year...down Sr. year but potential is there to be solid. (5th or 6th round guy)
DE Derek Walker- Could be a nice situational pass rusher (6th or 7th round)
OC-Ryan McDonald-nice size (6'5 300) and a hard nose blocker. (late 6th-7th round)

Couple guys who are probably UDFA:

Brit Miller LB- probably a special teams guy...or maybe converted to a fullback
Xavier Fulton-OT- converted DT. Athletic. Good feet.

SuperKevin
12-13-2008, 02:49 AM
I think 4 Illini guys get drafted or have a good chance at being drafted:

CB Vontae Davis.
DE Will Davis-Had a very nice Jr. year...down Sr. year but potential is there to be solid.
DE Derek Walker- Could be a nice situational pass rusher
OC-Ryan McDonald-nice size (6'5 300) and a hard nose blocker.

Couple guys who are probably UDFA:

Brit Miller LB- probably a special teams guy...or maybe converted to a fullback
Xavier Fulton-OT- converted DT. Athletic. Good feet.

At one point Xavier Fulton was considered a 1st day pick at OT. Safe to say he'll be drafted

dansaint
12-13-2008, 02:49 AM
I thought his stock slipped quite a bit...especially with some of his injury concerns he had this year.

Monomach
12-13-2008, 03:33 AM

He runs a 4.94 40.

Leman was in the 4.7's.

Mr. Stiller
12-13-2008, 11:07 AM
As I said he needs to work his butt off to get into NFL type shape but he has the tools to play in the NFL.

He moved to MLB this year after playing 3 years at OLB and put up All-Big 10 numbers on a defense that was not very good this year.

I'm on the fence with him. I think he can be better than Leman.. but at the same time, if he's not willing to be in shape for the game and scouts, that is a huge red flag.

sweetness34
12-14-2008, 06:11 PM
He runs a 4.94 40.

Leman was in the 4.7's.

Then he runs a damn fast 4.94 because his game speed is not bad at all. I think a lot of that is the fact that he has a gut and needs to get in shape. Ability is there if he's willing to bust his ass.

Fulton battled some injury problems this year. Didn't play great but was solid at LT.

Will Davis is a man beast. He was moved inside to DT for a lot of the season, therefore he never fully got into a rhythm at DE. Has some upside though because he's strong as hell, he's fast as hell, and he's athletic as hell.

etk
12-15-2008, 05:43 PM
Yeah I like Davis a lot. Prototypical NFL defensive end and I think he'll perform well in the offseason. If he was a little more productive teams would be all over him.

sweetness34
12-16-2008, 01:22 PM
Well he wasn't productive because he was moved to DT for a bit this season due to Sirod Williams getting injured. But when he played DE he was productive. Will has nice natural pass rushing ability, he's very fast, and he's getting better against the run. He'll never be Aaron Kampman or Osi but I think he can be a starter on a defense in the NFL. He's got the tools no doubt.

bigbenn
12-18-2008, 03:57 PM
A lot of people don't know Will Davis was walking in a boot well into the middle of the season after hurting it before practice. He still wanted to play though and he even played DT early in the season when injuries and a tranfer hurt the DT spot.