PDA

View Full Version : Harrell Question

Rjspartan
12-07-2008, 04:18 PM
this kid doesn't get enough credit i know he is a system QB witch always scares away scouts but why is he not even mentioned at-least in the top 5 QBs in this years draft. He has the best pocket presence I have ever seen. He has great accuracy, and good arm strength i know he doesn't have Stafford arm strength,but what kind of numbers has i put up in his college career, i can answer that, average, you can argue all you won't about his potential, but didn't jamarcus russell have elite arm strength, look where he turned out, and i have seen harrell make throw after throw after throw that are put in a spot where only the receiver can catch the ball, and in very tight windows. so what is so wrong of taking a chance on a 3rd round QB because of a Leach system, who has 1st round talent. If he was on a team like Oklahoma, Texas, USC, or Georgia like these other college QBs he would be a 1st rounder just like them. Now if there is something i don't know, that i am missing please tell me!

Rjspartan
12-07-2008, 04:20 PM
and no i am not a texas tech fan

Shane P. Hallam
12-07-2008, 04:27 PM
He just isn't asked to make the kind of reads most NFL QBs will have to make. He is far behind in terms of development in that aspect. Add in his arm strength isn't quite up to snuff, and in all honesty, he hasn't been asked to make extremely accurate passes either, it knocks him down a lot.

Rjspartan
12-07-2008, 05:47 PM
He just isn't asked to make the kind of reads most NFL QBs will have to make. He is far behind in terms of development in that aspect. Add in his arm strength isn't quite up to snuff, and in all honesty, he hasn't been asked to make extremely accurate passes either, it knocks him down a lot.
i think you need to stop saying things that you here or see from someone else! next time harrell plays take notice. he will do all of the things i mentioned above. especially his pocket presence.

BuddyCHRIST
12-07-2008, 06:22 PM
He has "great" pocket presence because he has an awesome O-Line and plays out of the shotgun all the time. Have you seen TTU QB's because they all did pretty similar things. He's got great accuracy but one of the main reasons he's so successful is his timing in that offense. You say he has first round talent but he doesn't, his physical tools are very average and his main selling point is production at the college level which not a strong one. Most of TTU's offense is run after the catch with greatly inflates stats. I wouldn't be trashing that other guy, because if you really watch Harrell's games you'll see how he's not a pro QB.

Geason Noceur
12-07-2008, 07:50 PM
First of all you can't use stats to evaluate a QB specially if it's a Texas Tech QB. Insert just about any QB in that system and they would put up similar numbers. Second, he plays behind one of the best offensive lines in the country, and they provide him with more than ample time to throw. Of course he's going to put some balls into spots when he has all the time he needs to do so. Third, he's undersized and has an average arm.

Also, I watched Harrell play in high school (against Stafford's team no less), and he was in that same system even then. In my opinion, it's going to be difficult for a QB that has been in that spread system for so long to adjust to a pro-style offense.

STARHEATHER
12-08-2008, 07:48 PM
i ust dont think. i like more than i used too. but as an nfl qb just nowhere near enough in any way. theres a minimum level of physical aptitude required to play the position at the nfl level. good year. played well. the thought of him playing qb for my team in an nfl game is not a happy place

giantsfan
12-08-2008, 10:21 PM
i ust dont think.

i like more than i used too.

the thought of him playing qb for my team in an nfl game is not a happy place

these three lines deserve to be sig quoted.

TheGM
12-08-2008, 10:50 PM
He evaluates very similarly to Colt Brennan his arm is stronger but I think he is less accurate. He is a round five through seven guy. He is a gamer and a competitor, watch the game against Texas. Not the greatest pocket mobility. He also has a tendency to hold the ball waiting for the defensive secondary to breakdown, this is a no no habit in the NFL as defenses are trained to strip the ball when coming from the blindside so, he'll be fumble prone if carries that into the league. He can make all the throws. He has to prove that he can read a defense while taking a five or seven step drop. Finally he could do a better job of manipulating the secondary with his eyes.

mqtirishfan
12-08-2008, 11:18 PM
i think you need to stop saying things that you here or see from someone else!

I think you need to learn how to spell.

Also, people say those things because they are true.