PDA

View Full Version : Is it time?

vikes_28
12-07-2008, 10:15 PM
Does anyone else think that it is time to give Jackson at least one more chance? I saw something in him today that I have never seen from him. Maybe playing behind Gus was good for him, and maybe if he just solved his little problem of overthrowing recievers he wouldn't be so bad.

I mean come on. He came into the second have and just took over. I thought he did an excellent job.

And also last year he did well in most of his games. He has an upside that Gus doesn't. Mobility.

Should Childress go for Jackson? Or finish out the season with Gus and make a run at the playoffs?

Let me know your thoughts.

yo123
12-07-2008, 10:23 PM
Well he is better than Gus, but he still shouldn't be our QB past this year. We need to pick one up in the offseason.

the_legend_killer
12-07-2008, 10:29 PM
I say Chilly settles it by having Gus race T-Jax in a Potato Sack race. Winner starts at QB next week.

djp
12-08-2008, 12:35 PM
Yes. He's the better option.

We all saw what Gus is capable of. Throwing 2 horrible interceptions a game if not more.

At least Tarvaris can make some plays with his legs. And if he can make the easy throws like he did yesterday for the rest of the year, I'll be happy.

Dr. Gonzo
12-08-2008, 01:20 PM
Childress cares about his job, not what's good for the team. I don't think his ego will allow him to make another QB change so when Gus is ready to play he will once again start.

RollingMoss
12-08-2008, 02:56 PM
TJack never should've been taken out of the starting lineup, so yeah, he should be put back in.

It was the Lions, but he looked good and he has the upside/potential. Gus looked like he's always looked.

Sink or Swim with TJack. If he sinks, oh well, big deal, we needed a QB anyway right? And it's not like we were going to win with Gus.

But if he swims....

SMoore
12-08-2008, 03:59 PM
I say Chilly settles it by having Gus race T-Jax in a Potato Sack race. Winner starts at QB next week.

That actually made me laugh.

I think you guys are forgetting how frustrating it was to watch T-Jack at the beginning of the year. And it was the Lions defense. Once teams gameplan for Jackson he is going to go back to how he was in the beginning of the year. Obviously, both of the candidates are underwhelming, but the fact is we have won with Frerotte and lost with Jackson. Frerotte, if healthy, should start.

BeerBaron
12-08-2008, 04:06 PM
I was suspecting that talk of a T-Jax resurrection would crop up after yesturday, but remember these things before getting too excited over it.

a.) It was the Lions. Rex Grossman came in during the 2nd half of a game against them and managed to bring them from behind to win.

b.) He's a very different style of QB than Frerotte. The Lions D probably did all of their practicing and film study expecting the statue Frerotte to be back there making the dink and dunk throws. It throws off the defense to have the backup come in, especially when the backup is stronger and more athletic.

So its good (for you , not for me and my team, lol) that he came in and bailed you out a win, but I still don't think he's going to lead the team to the promised land and if Frerotte can return, he should.

regoob2
12-08-2008, 04:10 PM
It depends on how he's doing in practice. If the coaches think he can win games he'd be in there.

TitleTown088
12-11-2008, 02:38 PM
It's time this Sunday apparently.

djp
12-11-2008, 02:44 PM
It's time this Sunday apparently.

Gus is hurt. He'd be starting if he was able to play.

JeffSamardzijaIRISH
12-14-2008, 07:35 PM
So anyone believe in Tarvaris Jackson after the beatdown of the Cardinals?