PDA

View Full Version : Prospect Comparison Thread

Pages : [1] 2 3

TACKLE
12-07-2008, 11:17 PM
I'm sure we'll have a few more of these before the draft but we haven't had one in a while.

BJ Raji - Vince Wilfork
Clint Sintim - Joey Porter
George Selvie - DeMarcus Ware
Knoshown Moreno - Clinton Portis
Gerald McCoy - Kevin Williams
Sergio Kindle - Julian Peterson

Post your own.

Hines
12-07-2008, 11:18 PM
Andre Smith- Shawn Andrews

Turtlepower
12-07-2008, 11:19 PM
Knowshon Moreno - Cadillac Williams

Someone brought it up before and it is beyond uncanny how exact they are.

princefielder28
12-07-2008, 11:19 PM
Devin Moore :: Leon Washington
Colt McCoy :: Jeff Garcia

OneToughGame
12-07-2008, 11:20 PM
Michael Crabtree - Marques Colston

I think Crabtree is a bit faster then him though.

TACKLE
12-07-2008, 11:21 PM

Someone brought it up before and it is beyond uncanny how exact they are.

That is a good one. They were very similar college players in the SEC. Though I like the Portis one because of their size, running style and the energy they play with.

regoob2
12-07-2008, 11:23 PM
That is a good one. They were very similar college players in the SEC. Though I like the Portis one because of their size, running style and the energy they play with.Moreno and Caddy are very similar. Also Marshawn lynch. I think Lesean McCoy plays like Portis. Similar size speed and running style.

RaiderNation
12-08-2008, 12:41 AM
Andre Smith- Jason Peters/Shaun Andrews
Rey Maualuga- Junior Seau
Michael Crabtree- Anquan Boldin
Matt Stafford- Jay Cutler
Aaron Curry- AJ Hawk

iBoldin
12-08-2008, 12:48 AM
I think Crabtree is much more comparable to Larry Fitzgerald, big YAC monsters, have the same frame and the same skills. Boldin is more of a compact, catch in traffic guy.

Pokeys
12-08-2008, 12:54 AM
Moreno to Portis? lol

SenorGato
12-08-2008, 01:55 AM
LeSean McCoy - LT, but if that's too big then a young Fred Taylor, and if that's too big then DeAngelo Williams.

Tyson Jackson - Marcus Spears

Aaron Curry/Clint Sintim - Karlos Dansby. Sintim gets there because Dansby was/is a good pass rusher, even though he doesn't do it as much as he used to. Curry gets there because he reminds me of Dansby right now, a well rounded LBer who can do everything at well above average levels. I think Sintim has that kind of upside too. While thats not as fun as watching him pile up sacks, it will make him a better all around player.

Alex Mack - Nick Mangold. I also think he'll grow a beard in the pros. It seems like it's an elite C thing to do that.

Scott McKillop - A hopefully not drafted by the Patriots Teddy Bruschi.

Vontae Davis - Darrelle Revis

Everette Brown - DeMarcus Ware

Jason Smith - Chris Samuels or Levi Brown. Basically, the forgotten elite T. He's going to climb up boards I think. Dude can play.

Greg Hardy - Mike Vrabel, the '03 and '07 version, all the time. Maybe I'm overestimating him here, but I think he's a smarter player than he's given credit for. If he's not that versatile, then F it you've got someone with elite pass rushing ability anyway. He's got similar size and body type to Vrabel, which I don't think many of the other guys compared to Vrabel (any white dude with pass rushing ability in the 240-270 range) really have. Interviews and the actual draft will clear up Hardy's comparison. I think Merriman can fit here too. Depends really on how he gets used and what he's coached/willing to be coached into.

Duke Robinson - Shawn Andrews. Andre Smith could get this comparison, but people are sleeping on Robinson. An in-shape Duke Robinson is a true elite G prospect IMO.

Mark Herzlich - Brian Urlacher. Sick all around LBer whose coverage ability makes him a very good LB prospect.

Brandon Pettigrew - Chris Baker - Solid TE that I don't think ever has a super amazing season. Hopefully, he gets a chance to catch more passes than Baker has in his NFL career.

DHB - Randy Moss. Obviously probably won't blow the NFL world away like Moss did, but ridiculously similar as a player. Playmaker. I just think it's weird how a 6'4 lanky mofo WR like this guy can turn an end around into a TD, but then I remember he's really, really, unfairly fast.

Vince Oghobaase - Richard Seymour type player. A tall, long, athletic, well rounded DT/DE prospect. If he gets drafted by a 4-3 team, adjust to comparisons to the other tall, strong, athletic 4-3 DTs out there like Williams, Henderson, or Haynesworth. I doubt he comes out, but when he does teams will be drooling.

SenorGato
12-08-2008, 01:57 AM
LeSean McCoy - LT, but if that's too big then a young Fred Taylor, and if that's too big then DeAngelo Williams.

Aaron Curry/Clint Sintim - Karlos Dansby. Sintim gets there because Dansby was/is a good pass rusher, even though he doesn't do it as much as he used to. Curry gets there because he reminds me of Dansby right now, a well rounded LBer who can do everything at well above average levels. I think Sintim has that kind of upside too. While thats not as fun as watching him pile up sacks, it will make him a better all around player.

Alex Mack - Nick Mangold. I also think he'll grow a beard in the pros. It seems like it's an elite C thing to do that.

Scott McKillop - A hopefully not drafted by the Patriots Teddy Bruschi.

Vontae Davis - Darrelle Revis

Everette Brown - DeMarcus Ware

Jason Smith - Chris Samuels - Basically, the forgotten elite T. He's going to climb up boards I think. Dude can play.

Greg Hardy - Mike Vrabel, the '03 and '07 version, all the time. Maybe I'm overestimating him here, but I think he's a smarter player than he's given credit for. If he's not that versatile, then F it you've got someone with elite pass rushing ability anyway. He's got similar size and body type to Vrabel, which I don't think many of the other guys compared to Vrabel (any white dude with pass rushing ability in the 240-270 range) really have. Interviews and the actual draft will clear up Hardy's comparison. I think Merriman can fit here too. Depends really on how he gets used and what he's coached/willing to be coached into.

Duke Robinson - Shawn Andrews. Andre Smith could get this comparison, but people are sleeping on Robinson. An in-shape Duke Robinson is a true elite G prospect IMO.

Mark Herzlich - Brian Urlacher. Sick all around LBer whose coverage ability makes him a very good LB prospect.

Brandon Pettigrew - Chris Baker - Solid TE that I don't think ever has a super amazing season. Hopefully, he gets a chance to catch more passes than Baker has in his NFL career.

DHB - Randy Moss. Obviously probably won't blow the NFL world away like Moss did, but ridiculously similar as a player. Playmaker. I just think it's weird how a 6'4 lanky mofo WR like this guy can turn an end around into a TD, but then I remember he's really, really, unfairly fast.

Vince Oghobaase - Richard Seymour type player. A tall, long, athletic, well rounded DT/DE prospect. If he gets drafted by a 4-3 team, adjust to comparisons to the other tall, strong, athletic 4-3 DTs out there like Williams, Henderson, or Haynesworth. I doubt he comes out, but when he does teams will be drooling. He'll be the best DT prospect since Ngata IMO.

MetSox17
12-08-2008, 02:31 AM
Sergio Kindle - Lawrence Timmons

Brian Orakpo - Vernon Gholston (with the actual want to play)

Jeremy Maclin - Greg Jennings

Duke Robinson - Davin Joseph

James Lauranitis - Ryan Fowler

giantsfan
12-08-2008, 02:50 AM
Joseph was much more athletic and quicker on his feet than Duke, that said he wasn't as powerful and simply massive.

Halsey
12-08-2008, 06:13 AM
Many people seem to like LeSean McCoy better than Moreno simply because McCoy weighs a few more pounds. That didn't stop Moreno from averaging a full yard more per carry despite playing in a tougher conference with a constantly changing O-line.

SenorGato
12-08-2008, 07:16 AM
Many people seem to like LeSean McCoy better than Moreno simply because McCoy weighs a few more pounds. That didn't stop Moreno from averaging a full yard more per carry despite playing in a tougher conference with a constantly changing O-line.

I like McCoy more than Moreno because of overall body type. McCoy is straight up built like a RB. It helps that he's probably faster and definitely quicker in and out of his cuts.

Both of their O-lines were inconsistent at best this year.

Hines
12-08-2008, 07:33 AM
Vince Oghobaase- Haloti Ngata

Halsey
12-08-2008, 08:00 AM
I like McCoy more than Moreno because of overall body type. McCoy is straight up built like a RB. It helps that he's probably faster and definitely quicker in and out of his cuts.

Both of their O-lines were inconsistent at best this year.

Nobody in the country can cut like Moreno and McCoy's body type is no better than Moreno's. MCCoy may have better stright line speed, but that still didn't stop Moreno from having a yard more per carry average.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1wRfHpzdmg8

SeanTaylorRIP
12-08-2008, 08:09 AM
Andre Brown-Shorter Brandon Jacobs: I'm probably alone on this one but I love this kid Brown and think he's going to be a great back in the league and is underrated right now. He is a huge physical kid who teams have difficulty tackling. Running down hill he will punish you. Jacobs is an awfully lofty comparison for him as a prospect he is more like Tim Hightower, but Hightower is faster and more shifty and not the pure power runner like Brown and Jacobs.

Javon Ringer-Ray Rice: Both have strong bases, despite being small guys they are tough inside physical runners. Both project probably as change of pace backs in the league, who will step in as lead backs when need be. Both have serious issues about work load in college.

Tyrell Sutton-Taurean Henderson: Will have about as successful of a career in the NFL as Henderson.

Eric Kettani-Kyle Eckel: Too easy.

Javorskie Lane-Glen "Big Baby" Davis: The resemblance is uncanny, especially when they are bawling their eyes out.

Clint Sintim-Adalius Thomas:Both are 6-3" 260 range, great pass rushers who thrive in the 3-4 but also have the range to play in coverage as well as pursuit ball carriers from behind.

Cedric Peerman-Michael Turner: Both are shorter but awfully power backs who when they hit the edge people underestimate them and they can bust a big one to the house. They also have similar running styles with their bootay's sticking out. Peerman will probably time similar to Turner at the combine. Like Turner I can see him being a 5th round pick. UVA backs have done pretty good in the NFL with Tiki Barber, Thomas Jones, Wali Lundy his rookie season, and now Jason Snelling with the Falcons who's very versatile.

Darrius Heyward-Bey-Bernard Berrain: DHB has potential to be so much better, but I will reserve a lofty comparison until he produces on the field in the NFL. Berrian is actually a really good NFL player.

Brandon Pettigrew-Todd Heap:Certainly doesn't have the squeaky clean image of Heap, but like Heap he is a great in box blocker with nice hands and the ability to beat teams by finding soft spots in coverage.

Jaison Williams-Vincent Jackson: I still believe in him, but will any NFL franchise, maybe not.

Travis Beckum-Dustin Keller: Similar prospects, but Beckum won't go anywhere as high as Keller. Beckum will most likely go in the 3-5 round range.

Jordan Norwood-Brandon Stockley: I know the forbidden racial comparison, but Norwood is a small guy who runs crafty routes and always finds a way to get open.

Macho Harris-Shawn Springs: Both are bigger CB's who have the ability to play safety if needed but are physical cover corners with more than adequate cover ability, but can make great breaks on the ball. Macho though isn't even in the same conversation in terms of on the field football intelligence and technique.

CroomDawgs
12-08-2008, 08:26 AM
Matt Stafford- Jay Cutler
Sam Bradford- Matt Hasselbeck

Chris Wells- Faster Jamal Lewis
Knowshon Moreno- Caddilac Williams
Shady McCoy- Laurence Maroney

Michael Crabtree- Marques Colston
Jeremy Maclin- More polished Ted Ginn
Darrius Heywad Bey- Randy Moss (like senorgato explained from a measurable standpoint)
Percy Harvin- MUCH more polished Devin Hester.

SeanTaylorRIP
12-08-2008, 08:28 AM
I don't think Maclin is anything like Ginn. I think people are underestimating Maclin's strength and Bulk as well as his polish already. I am a huge fan of all 3 top WR's in this draft, and am also higher than most with Harvin. The 4 underclassman are really strong IMO. Their declaring will make this WR class either weak or strong.

DeathbyStat
12-08-2008, 08:35 AM
Nate Davis=Jeff Garcia

Aaron Maybin=Shawn Merriman

DiG
12-08-2008, 09:55 AM
I'm sure we'll have a few more of these before the draft but we haven't had one in a while.

Knoshown Moreno - Clinton Portis

Post your own.

I honestly think McCoy is more like Portis than Moreno. I don't think Moreno has Portis quickness.

some offensive ones:

james davis - frank gore
rashad jennings - forte
beanie wells - marion barber
crabtree - larry fitz
maclin - santonio holmes
dhb - ocho cinco

Bruce Banner
12-08-2008, 10:15 AM

I like this one. Is DHB really 6'4 though?

DiG
12-08-2008, 10:19 AM
I like this one. Is DHB really 6'4 though?

no hes 6'3 but he should run in the 4.3s

Bruce Banner
12-08-2008, 10:20 AM
no hes 6'3 but he should run in the 4.3s

I've heard that he might not even run.

Has more to lose than gain as a prospect at this point.

DiG
12-08-2008, 10:24 AM
I've heard that he might not even run.

Has more to lose than gain as a prospect at this point.

he probably won't at the combine but he should run in the 4.3s at his pro day. hopefully he runs drills at the combine at least because if i were him i sure as hell wouldnt want turner throwing me the ball for scouts to judge me.

Bruce Banner
12-08-2008, 10:25 AM
he probably won't at the combine but he should run in the 4.3s at his pro day. hopefully he runs drills at the combine at least because if i were him i sure as hell wouldnt want turner throwing me the ball for scouts to judge me.

lol

All I know is....he better be a Buc. :)

irishbucsfan
12-08-2008, 10:42 AM
Has DHB got a bit of the Calvin Johnson syndrome in that his QB limits how good he looks numbers-wise? Because I haven't caught any Maryland games over here so all I have are his stats which are a bit underwhelming for someone whom everyone seems to say has major talent.

Bruce Banner
12-08-2008, 10:45 AM
Has DHB got a bit of the Calvin Johnson syndrome in that his QB limits how good he looks numbers-wise? Because I haven't caught any Maryland games over here so all I have are his stats which are a bit underwhelming for someone whom everyone seems to say has major talent.

That seems to be the concensus.

irishbucsfan
12-08-2008, 10:48 AM
That seems to be the concensus.

Cool. What I hear makes me really want him for us. Do you reckon he'll be around in our area in the 20s?

Bruce Banner
12-08-2008, 10:51 AM
Cool. What I hear makes me really want him for us. Do you reckon he'll be around in our area in the 20s?

It'll be VERY close. Based on mocks and such that I have been seeing. If a team falls in love with his speed, he will be taken before us.

I've seen people have him go around 15 but I've also seen people put him around 29-30.

like this mock.
http://draftcountdown.com/forum/showthread.php?t=27588
he goes right before us, but we get Maclin!

another
http://draftcountdown.com/forum/showthread.php?t=27595
goes RIGHT before us

Crabtree, Maclin, DHB, and Harvin.

Hope for one.

irishbucsfan
12-08-2008, 10:56 AM
It'll be VERY close. Based on mocks and such that I have been seeing. If a team falls in love with his speed, he will be taken before us.

I've seen people have him go around 15 but I've also seen people put him around 29-30.

Crabtree, Maclin, DHB, and Harvin.

Hope for one.

All this talk of Peria Jerry or the Marks junior from Auburn throws me off a little. I think a talented offensive weapon would be awesome.

People already know and fear our defence, and with the emergence of young talent, that fear isn't going anywhere. I'd love teams to fear our offense too. But you never know with our front office. They like to smokescreen a hell of a lot.

Bruce Banner
12-08-2008, 10:59 AM
All this talk of Peria Jerry or the Marks junior from Auburn throws me off a little. I think an talented offensive weapon would be awesome.

People already know and fear our defence, and with the emergence of young talent, that fear isn't going anywhere. I'd love teams to fear our offense too. But you never know with our front office. They like to smokescreen a hell of a lot.

i added a bit more to that one post. so take a quick look again.

D-line is probably our second or third biggest need. Haye has been a no-show this year, Carter is almost done, White is struggling, Hovan is nothing special but solid. So I can understand when people give us the best DT/DE available.

But to piggyback off of what you said, ANY playmaker at ANY offensive skill position should be taken (if he is the best player available).

and I am positive that our team DOES take the BPA. Kiffin reiterated that, in the draft press conference last year, and I believe him.

All of that said.

I hope we get DHB!

http://www.pointedmagazine.com/terps%20darrius%20heyward-bey%20hauls%20in%20a%20school%20record%2096%20yard %20touchdown%20pass.jpg

irishbucsfan
12-08-2008, 11:06 AM
i added a bit more to that one post. so take a quick look again.

D-line is probably our second or third biggest need. Haye has been a no-show this year, Carter is almost done, White is struggling, Hovan is nothing special but solid. So I can understand when people give us the best DT/DE available.

But to piggyback off of what you said, ANY playmaker at ANY offensive skill position should be taken (if he is the best player available).

and I am positive that our team DOES take the BPA. Kiffin reiterated that, in the draft press conference last year, and I believe him.

All of that said.

I hope we get DHB!

http://www.pointedmagazine.com/terps%20darrius%20heyward-bey%20hauls%20in%20a%20school%20record%2096%20yard %20touchdown%20pass.jpg

My last quick question: are you rooting for DHB because you think we have the most realistic shot at him out of the four you mentioned, or because he's better suited to us?

Make that three actually, we have no chance at Crabtree. Basically, when I think of offensive weapon for the Bucs' system, I think who gets the best YAC. Crabtree is probably better at taking an eight yard slant and busting over some DBs for a first down, but like I said I don't think we'll have shot at him. What puts DHB on top for us in your mind, out of the others?

Bruce Banner
12-08-2008, 11:13 AM
My last quick question: are you rooting for DHB because you think we have the most realistic shot at him out of the four you mentioned, or because he's better suited to us?

Make that three actually, we have no chance at Crabtree. Basically, when I think of offensive weapon for the Bucs' system, I think who gets the best YAC. Crabtree is probably better at taking an eight yard slant and busting over some DBs for a first down, but like I said I don't think we'll have shot at him. What puts DHB on top for us in your mind, out of the others?

Underlined:
Sort of both. I think he has the most potential and we have a realistic shot at him. Even if he doesn't pan out like we hope he would, he would still provide an elite deep threat (moreso than Harvin and Maclin IMO) [and Gruden LOVES deep threats, he could step right in and fill Galloway's shoes]

Bolded:
Completely agree! Which is why I changed my mind on Harvin (used to dislike him). Harvin is just a playmaker. He is used to getting short underneath passes from Tebow and doing the dirty work himself. That is KEY in Gruden's offense (which is why Clayton was so good before he fizzled out for whatever reasons).

Italicized:
Like I said before, his potential. He has some of the things you can't teach; speed, size, etc. No major injury concerns (Harvin) that I have to worry about.

In the end, when I look at this group of receivers, DHB appears to be the purest #1 receiver. We know Harvin won't ever be that (Route running, etc, the reasons go on and on) and Maclin is pretty good but could very well end up being complimentary rather than featured.

YAYareaRB
12-08-2008, 11:15 AM
Tim Tebow - Steve Young

irishbucsfan
12-08-2008, 11:16 AM
Underlined:
Sort of both. I think he has the most potential and we have a realistic shot at him. Even if he doesn't pan out like we hope he would, he would still provide an elite deep threat (moreso than Harvin and Maclin IMO) [and Gruden LOVES deep threats, he could step right in and fill Galloway's shoes]

Bolded:
Completely agree! Which is why I changed my mind on Harvin (used to dislike him). Harvin is just a playmaker. He is used to getting short underneath passes from Tebow and doing the dirty work himself. That is KEY in Gruden's offense (which is why Clayton was so good before he fizzled out for whatever reasons).

Italicized:
Like I said before, his potential. He has some of the things you can't teach; speed, size, etc. No major injury concerns (Harvin) that I have to worry about.

Excellent, thanks. I'm out, enjoy the game tonight.

I'll be staying up late to watch us cook some cat.

Hines
12-08-2008, 11:17 AM
Hermon Johnson- Branden Albert

Bruce Banner
12-08-2008, 11:18 AM
Excellent, thanks. I'm out, enjoy the game tonight.

I'll be staying up late to watch us cook some cat.

haha, good call.hope you're right.

cya

Pokeys
12-08-2008, 11:54 AM
Crabtree is nothing like Colston.

illmatic74
12-08-2008, 12:19 PM
Sam Bradford-Philip Rivers
Knowshon Moreno-DeAngelo Williams
James Lauranatis-Barret Rudd
Ray Mauluaga-David Harris

Matthew Jones
12-08-2008, 12:36 PM
Here is an extensive list of guys Scott ranked who I have seen in a bunch of first-round mock drafts by users on here. Hopefully this helps! This isn't how they are in the NFL, just who they reminded me of in college, so being compared to Cedric Benson or Troy Williamson isn't necessarily a bad thing. P.S. drop me a PM or post here (and I'll try to remember to check) if anyone wants any more comparisons.

QB
Matthew Stafford - Brady Quinn
Sam Bradford - Philip Rivers

RB
Chris Wells - Cedric Benson
C.J. Spiller - Felix Jones

WR
Jeremy Maclin - Ted Ginn Jr.
Michael Crabtree - Larry Fitzgerald
Darrius Heyward-Bey - Troy Williamson
Percy Harvin - Chris Johnson

TE
Jermaine Gresham - Greg Olsen

OL
Eugene Monroe - D'Brickashaw Ferguson
Michael Oher - Jammal Brown
Jason Smith - Duane Brown
Andre Smith - Shawn Andrews

DE
Brian Orakpo - Derrick Harvey
Michael Johnson - Mathias Kiwanuka
Greg Hardy - Kenechi Udeze
Everette Brown - Jarvis Moss
George Selvie - Quentin Groves

DT
B.J. Raji - Vince Wilfork
Peria Jerry - Justin Harrell
Sen'Derrick Marks - Mike Patterson

OLB
Aaron Curry - D.J. Williams
Brian Cushing - Bobby Carpenter
Clint Sintim - Cliff Avril
Marcus Freeman - Rocky McIntosh

ILB
Rey Maualuga - Junior Seau
James Laurinaitis - Chad Greenway

CB
Malcolm Jenkins - Carlos Rogers
Alphonso Smith - Tracy Porter
Darius Butler - Chris Gamble
Mike Mickens - Antoine Cason
Victor Harris - Brandon Flowers
Vontae Davis - DeAngelo Hall

S
William Moore - LaRon Landry
Rashad Johnson - Reggie Smith
Taylor Mays - Troy Polamalu

bored of education
12-08-2008, 12:52 PM
Here is an extensive list of guys Scott ranked who I have seen in a bunch of first-round mock drafts by users on here. Hopefully this helps! This isn't how they are in the NFL, just who they reminded me of in college, so being compared to Cedric Benson or Troy Williamson isn't necessarily a bad thing. P.S. drop me a PM or post here (and I'll try to remember to check) if anyone wants any more comparisons.

QB
Matthew Stafford - Brady Quinn NO. better arm, alot better arm
Sam Bradford - Philip Rivers ehhh what dude

RB
Chris Wells - Cedric Benson - Wells is bigger faster stronger
C.J. Spiller - Felix Jones why because he is fast?

WR
Jeremy Maclin - Ted Ginn Jr. - Maclin can run outes, stronger, not as fast.
Michael Crabtree - Larry Fitzgerald - not as fast as Fitz,
Percy Harvin - Chris Johnson wow.; amazing!

TE
Jermaine Gresham - Greg Olsen zomgz

OL
Eugene Monroe - D'Brickashaw Ferguson
Michael Oher - Jammal Brown
Jason Smith - Duane Brown - umm why that one? Brown is not as fundamentally sound as Smith
Andre Smith - Shawn Andrews

DE
Brian Orakpo - Derrick Harvey - Orakpo is a man beast Harvey not so much
Michael Johnson - Mathias Kiwanuka - uhhh what the ****
Greg Hardy - Kenechi Udeze
Everette Brown - Jarvis Moss
George Selvie - Quentin Groves

DT
B.J. Raji - Vince Wilfork - do all 3-4 Nt prospects remind you of Wilfork?
Peria Jerry - Justin Harrell
Sen'Derrick Marks - Mike Patterson

OLB
Aaron Curry - D.J. Williams
Brian Cushing - Bobby Carpenter - zomgz they are both white!
Clint Sintim - Cliff Avril
Marcus Freeman - Rocky McIntosh

ILB
Rey Maualuga - Junior Seau
James Laurinaitis - Chad Greenway

CB
Malcolm Jenkins - Carlos Rogers
Alphonso Smith - Tracy Porter
Darius Butler - Chris Gamble
Mike Mickens - Antoine Cason
Victor Harris - Brandon Flowers - zomgz same school!
Vontae Davis - DeAngelo Hall

S
Rashad Johnson - Reggie Smith

Did you just line those guys up with where their draft positon was or their skillset. I think it was the 1st one. Alot of those comparisons suck. and i put some notes in on some of those comparisons.

Matthew Jones
12-08-2008, 12:59 PM
I'll respond to the comments you left when I get back from my final. Keep in mind that same school has a lot to do with player comparisons because they are coached by the same staff and taught the same way. Also, teams like to recruit players with similar skillsets because they fit a system well.

Sniper
12-08-2008, 01:03 PM
Wells to Benson? What the ****? Benson didn't have half the explosiveness that Wells has. Wells is bigger, stronger, faster, quicker, and has less wear and tear. And Taylor Mays is more LaRon Landry than Troy Polamalu.

ironman4579
12-08-2008, 01:22 PM
Sam Bradford-Philip Rivers
Knowshon Moreno-DeAngelo Williams
James Lauranatis-Barret Rudd
Ray Mauluaga-David Harris

I'm not a fan of this one at all. Mauluaga is about 20 pounds heavier than Harris. I actually don't think Mauluaga will time as fast as Harris. And honestly, Rey is a guy that relies on his athleticism more than positioning and technique. He overruns alot of plays as well. Harris was really very good with positioning and technique and rarely overran plays. I actually think that other than being classic thumper types in the middle, there isn't much about them that seems alike to me.

Matthew Jones
12-08-2008, 01:52 PM
Wells to Benson? What the ****? Benson didn't have half the explosiveness that Wells has. Wells is bigger, stronger, faster, quicker, and has less wear and tear. And Taylor Mays is more LaRon Landry than Troy Polamalu.

Benson was very explosive in college, he just seemed to lose some of that. I have seen Wells get chased down from behind before, even though he does make some long runs. Cedric had a run of 20 or more yards more often than not - 9/12 times senior year, and hit the hole fast. I could see the Mays/Landry comparison, though.

Sniper
12-08-2008, 01:55 PM
Wells has 14 runs of 20 or more yards this year, and that's without three games (USC and two cupcakes).

I also agree with Harris being nothing like Maualuga. Harris is a very smart, instinctive player who relies more on instincs, positioning, and discipline.

Menardo75
12-08-2008, 02:03 PM
Tim Tebow - Steve Young

How dare you I would punch you if I could.

Matthew Jones
12-08-2008, 02:04 PM
Did you just line those guys up with where their draft positon was or their skillset. I think it was the 1st one. Alot of those comparisons suck. and i put some notes in on some of those comparisons.

Stafford/Quinn - Quinn was actually known for having a very strong arm and somewhat underwhelming accuracy. He didn't reach the completion percentage goal of 65% Weis set at any point.

Bradford/Rivers - Both are very intelligent players and strong leaders that seemed to put on a clinic in college either time I watched them. Bradford has a stronger arm but a similar mentality on the field.

Wells/Benson - I addressed this in my earlier one. Just because Benson busted in the NFL doesn't mean he wasn't at one point a dominating college power back with big-play capability and top-5 draft status.

Spiller/Jones - Both were complimentary backs in college and have similar frames and big-play ability. I'm not exactly sure why this is a very hard comparison for you to grasp.

Maclin/Ginn - Both are weapons who can go deep and yet don't have the strongest frames - Ted Ginn did actually run a bunch of routes in college. I don't know if you were watching, but they were there.

Crabtree/Fitzgerald - I don't know which of the two is faster because they haven't run side by side, but they have very similar styles and Fitzgerald only ran a 4.6 or so at the combine that year. Both play fast.

Harvin/Johnson - Did you not know that both got the majority of their touches on handoffs in college? Just because you see Harvin listed at WR doesn't mean he couldn't play RB. Additionally, some had CJ as a WR.

Gresham/Olsen - At this point, I'm going to stop addressing comments like "zomgz", because they're idiotic. If you want to have an intelligent discussion, fine. Otherwise, don't pollute the board with inane comments.

Smith/Brown - Smith hasn't shown the best footwork, either, although his is better than Brown's at the same stage. That's a large reason why he isn't generally ranked ahead of Oher/Monroe at this point.

Orakpo/Harvey - Are you joking? Orakpo may be a bit stronger but Harvey had an insanely fast first step and really got after the quarterback. I don't think teams draft average players in the top ten - watch the title game.

Johnson/Kiwanuka - Both are 6'7", lanky ends who were hyped as being top-10 picks, and both closed out their college careers with disappointing seasons. Kiwi moved to LB eventually and Johnson could as well.

Raji/Wilfork - No, but because they have similar playing styles, I'd say that's a pretty good comparison. Considering they're an inch and two pounds off and both dominate against the run, it's certainly valid.

Cushing/Carpenter - Both have a pretty tough-nosed approach to football and some versatility (both played DE, OLB, and ILB at points in college.) If you want to bring race into it, that's on you. I won't touch that one.

Harris/Flowers - They were both coached by the same people and have similar frames and mentalities for a school that specifically recruits players by finding out who fits well into one particular system. Imagine that!

illmatic74
12-08-2008, 02:13 PM
Stafford/Quinn - Quinn was actually known for having a very strong arm and somewhat underwhelming accuracy. He didn't reach the completion percentage goal of 65% Weis set at any point.

Bradford/Rivers - Both are very intelligent players and strong leaders that seemed to put on a clinic in college either time I watched them. Bradford has a stronger arm but a similar mentality on the field.

Wells/Benson - I addressed this in my earlier one. Just because Benson busted in the NFL doesn't mean he wasn't at one point a dominating college power back with big-play capability and top-5 draft status.

Spiller/Jones - Both were complimentary backs in college and have similar frames and big-play ability. I'm not exactly sure why this is a very hard comparison for you to grasp.

Maclin/Ginn - Both are weapons who can go deep and yet don't have the strongest frames - Ted Ginn did actually run a bunch of routes in college. I don't know if you were watching, but they were there.

Crabtree/Fitzgerald - I don't know which of the two is faster because they haven't run side by side, but they have very similar styles and Fitzgerald only ran a 4.6 or so at the combine that year. Both play fast.

Harvin/Johnson - Did you not know that both got the majority of their touches on handoffs in college? Just because you see Harvin listed at WR doesn't mean he couldn't play RB. Additionally, some had CJ as a WR.

Gresham/Olsen - At this point, I'm going to stop addressing comments like "zomgz", because they're idiotic. If you want to have an intelligent discussion, fine. Otherwise, don't pollute the board with inane comments.

Smith/Brown - Smith hasn't shown the best footwork, either, although his is better than Brown's at the same stage. That's a large reason why he isn't generally ranked ahead of Oher/Monroe at this point.

Orakpo/Harvey - Are you joking? Orakpo may be a bit stronger but Harvey had an insanely fast first step and really got after the quarterback. I don't think teams draft average players in the top ten - watch the title game.

Johnson/Kiwanuka - Both are 6'7", lanky ends who were hyped as being top-10 picks, and both closed out their college careers with disappointing seasons. Kiwi moved to LB eventually and Johnson could as well.

Raji/Wilfork - No, but because they have similar playing styles, I'd say that's a pretty good comparison. Considering they're an inch and two pounds off and both dominate against the run, it's certainly valid.

Cushing/Carpenter - Both have a pretty tough-nosed approach to football and some versatility (both played DE, OLB, and ILB at points in college.) If you want to bring race into it, that's on you. I won't touch that one.

Harris/Flowers - They were both coached by the same people and have similar frames and mentalities for a school that specifically recruits players by finding out who fits well into one particular system. Imagine that!The reason Benson was a bust because his lack of burst. Chris wells has a great burst. Brandon Flowers is more physical. Smith's footwork is light years ahead of Brown's

DiG
12-08-2008, 02:42 PM
WR

DHB is bigger and more physical than Williamson ever was in college and Williamson was not very good in short routes in college. DHB runs great slants and short quick outs in addition to his deep threat abilities. The big play gamebreaker quality applies to both guys from a collegiate level but DHB can do a lot more of the all around wr things that Williamson didn't do.

bored of education
12-08-2008, 03:01 PM

Harris/Flowers - They were both coached by the same people and have similar frames and mentalities for a school that specifically recruits players by finding out who fits well into one particular system. Imagine that!

Thank you for your response.

Halsey
12-08-2008, 03:32 PM
Didn't Benson play 4 years of college ball. Part of Benson's problem IMO is that he was a workhorse for 4 years in college. He had a ton of wear on his body before he ever got to the NFL, which may explain his lack of burst.

gsorace
12-08-2008, 03:37 PM

I laughed when i read both of these.

SenorGato
12-08-2008, 03:51 PM
I like the Sintim to Thomas comparison.

Sintim is going to be one of the most interesting prospects in this draft. I don't expect him to be a high or even mid-first round pick, but he's my bet to be that late first/high second round pick at LB like David Harris, Dansby, Ryans, Jackson, McIntosh. Basically, he's going to make a big time impact, probably early in his career, and he's going to show signs of a very well rounded high impact LBer.

Yes, I'm that high on the dude. I really like the big names coming out from Virginia under Groh, and he's the biggest name this year. D'Brick, Long, and Albert are all fundamentally sound, highly physically talented players that held their own ealry, and will be sick players down the road. D'Brick's having that breakout season right now.

Some more comparisons:

Alphonso Smith - A. Winfield - Short, but extremely physical corner that can play man or zone.

BJ Raji being a slightly watered down version of Wilfork isn't a bad one. Dude is a sick athlete for a big man...when he sacked Taylor on Saturday I'm pretty sure I saw that 310+ pound man use a spin move that Vernon Gholston *wishes* he had the feet and athleticism to use right now.

Beyond throwing mechanics, Phillip Rivers is a great comparison for Sam Bradford. Neither is a great athlete in the pocket, but they'll avoid the sack and get the ball to their guys. Both of them possess the same strengths. They both know their systems in and out, and both know how to put the ball in their playmakers hands in space. I like Bradford's potential to gain a little bit more arm strength through basic maturity, but if he doesn't he's still got a better arm than Rivers. Another decent comparison for both those guys is/was Chad Pennington before he had his shoulder shredded.

Peria Jerry reminds me of Babineaux on the Falcons. He's got some really nice potential as a UT.

And on the Moreno/McCoy build thing...I guess I can see that long run, their builds aren't going to be too different. I still think McCoy's the better prospect, but the difference isn't significant and really it's probably a matter of RB taste. It's highly unlikely either bust unless their teams REALLY suck or they get injured, so really it doesn't matter much. A RB is usually a solid bet to be somebody in the NFL if they're given a shot anyway.

Matthew Stafford is a Jay Cutler clone. Still, Jay Cutler was smart enough to stay for his senior year. I think it's just so stupid for a QB to come out as a junior, but theres a ton of factors that affect that. If he's mature enough, sure. But I really hope these guys understand what they're doing on this one, because NFL QB is not an easy career choice. I really don't see the fire to be one as soon as possible, but I realize money and that "zomg I might get injured" is a big deal too.

Can anyone think of a good comparison to Kenny Britt? I want to say a watered down version of Fitzgerald, but I don't think it fits. He's a little better after the catch than Fitz was at this point in his career, but few have hands on Fitz's level. Michael Clayton is a name that comes to mind, but I'm not sure anyone is going to see that as a positive comparison.

Pokeys
12-08-2008, 03:57 PM
Alphonso Smith and Antoine Winfield is a good comparison.

SeanTaylorRIP
12-08-2008, 04:13 PM
Yup the Sintim to Adalius Thomas comparison was probably the best one I thought of. That's why I have Sintim going to the Patriots in round one of most of my mocks.

JaxJag_1
12-08-2008, 04:53 PM
LeSean McCoy - Slightly more physical Reggie Bush
Beanie Wells - Rudi Johnson
Shonn Greene - Michael Turner
C.J. Spiller - Steve Slaton
James Davis - Frank Gore

DHB - Bernard Berrian (but better)
Michael Crabtree - Andre Johnson

Sniper
12-08-2008, 04:56 PM
Beanie Wells - Rudi Johnson

What an atrocious comparison.

josh07039
12-08-2008, 05:22 PM
Kenny Britt-TO
Courtney Greene-Poor Mans Kerry Rhodes
Mike Teel- Nothing comes to mind, so Grossman in terms of consistency. Physically, not the same.

ironman4579
12-08-2008, 05:24 PM
Yup the Sintim to Adalius Thomas comparison was probably the best one I thought of. That's why I have Sintim going to the Patriots in round one of most of my mocks.

Do you really think the Pats would draft Sintim after they just spent a 3rd round pick on Shawn Crable this year? By all accounts Crable looked quite good for them before he went on IR. Plus they spent a few other picks on LB's as well.

Hokie's#1
12-08-2008, 05:30 PM
I see some Chester Taylor in Javon Ringer.

SKim172
12-08-2008, 07:16 PM
Mike Teel- Nothing comes to mind, so Grossman in terms of consistency. Physically, not the same.

Kyle Boller?

Ryan Hart? :D

GBahDunka
12-08-2008, 08:07 PM
How dare you I would punch you if I could.

this guy is obviously an idiot

princefielder28
12-08-2008, 08:11 PM
Alphonso Smith :: Ahmad Carroll

Don Vito
12-08-2008, 08:14 PM
Alphonso Smith :: Ahmad Carroll

You really think so? You saw more of Carroll than I did since you're a Packers fan, but from what I thought Carroll had no skills as a corner aside from pure speed. I have come away very impressed with Smith every time I have seen him play. He is a little undersized but he is sound in coverage, is a playmaker, and is solid in run support.

Hines
12-08-2008, 08:18 PM
Larry English- James Harrison

princefielder28
12-08-2008, 08:19 PM
You really think so? You saw more of Carroll than I did since you're a Packers fan, but from what I thought Carroll had no skills as a corner aside from pure speed. I have come away very impressed with Smith every time I have seen him play. He is a little undersized but he is sound in coverage, is a playmaker, and is solid in run support.

If you believe that Smith can translate well to the next level then the comparison does not fit for you, but I don't see Smith being an impact player at the next level; i guess i would characterize him as a richer man's Carroll, but by no means, IMO, will he be a solid CB in the NFL.

GB12
12-08-2008, 08:23 PM
Jeremy Maclin - Greg Jennings
Not at all.

Hines
James Davis- Joseph Addai

princefielder28
Larry English- James Harrison

Larry English compares more to Parys Haralson

Hines
12-08-2008, 08:29 PM
I hope I dont get canned for this, but:

Malcolm Jenkins- Aso

I see a lot of Aso in Jenkins. The way he plays the position is absolutely amazing.

sbh15
12-08-2008, 08:32 PM
I feel like if Maclin came into the NFL this year, he'd remind me a lot of Steve Smith, without the same jumping ability, but better size. Great return man, probably an underdeveloped wide receiver initially though.

josh07039
12-08-2008, 08:33 PM
Kyle Boller?

Ryan Hart? :D
No.........

katnip
12-08-2008, 08:33 PM
Chris "beanie" Wells = Ki-Jana Carter

... yo

andre smith - "mount" mckinnie

HoopsDemon12
12-08-2008, 08:44 PM
Michael Crabtree - Andre Johnson

Crabtree is an amazing talent... but Johnson is a physical freak and super stud! i don't see the comparison personally. AJ is extremly fast and no one questions that, if i am not mistaken the speed is waht many experts think will scare NFL teams off Crabtree.

For the record i think Crabtree is gonna be and absolute stud in the NFL ...

sbh15
12-08-2008, 08:47 PM
Crabtree is an amazing talent... but Johnson is a physical freak and super stud! i don't see the comparison personally. AJ is extremly fast and no one questions that, if i am not mistaken the speed is waht many experts think will scare NFL teams off Crabtree.

For the record i think Crabtree is gonna be and absolute stud in the NFL ...

Yeah I agree it's a bad comparison. Johnson has breakaway speed.

Honestly if I'm comparing Crabtree to someone in terms of what he's suited for and his skill set out of college, it'd be Jerry Rice. I think Crabtree will be a stud, especially in a WCO.

HoopsDemon12
12-08-2008, 08:54 PM
Yeah I agree it's a bad comparison. Johnson has breakaway speed.

Honestly if I'm comparing Crabtree to someone in terms of what he's suited for and his skill set out of college, it'd be Jerry Rice. I think Crabtree will be a stud, especially in a WCO.

Comparing them as a prospect, Crabtree is way greater than Rice. Rice wasn't much of a prospect but he was a hardworker who ran incredible routes. game speed not timed speed. When talking about prospects i find timed speed is brought into it more.

For me Larry Fitzgerald is the best comparision i can think of, both lanky game speed route runners that get open down feild. When they don;t create seperation they can jump and time it perfectly over the defenders. in teh west coast offense this guy will be scary...

TACKLE
12-08-2008, 09:17 PM
Malcolm Jenkins - Antrel Rolle
Nic Harris - Thomas Davis
Sean Weatherspoon - Jon Beason

Sniper
12-08-2008, 09:19 PM

No...Just no...

HoopsDemon12
12-08-2008, 09:24 PM

No...Just no...

I definaltely have to agree with Sniper here... Malcolm is 3 times the prospect Rolle was... that was such a week draft class..

CroomDawgs
12-08-2008, 10:25 PM
STARHEATHER = http://www.eurovandownbytheriver.com/pauls/retardCartman.jpg

Babylon
12-08-2008, 10:38 PM
Knowshon Moreno-Cadillac Williams
Jermaine Gresham-Keith Jackson
Michael Oher-Chris Samuel
Brian Cushing-Chad Greenway
James Laurinaitis-Barret Ruud
Michael Johnson-Aundray Bruce
Mark Herzlich-Bill Romanowski
Oben Britton-Joe Staley
Eric Berry-Ed Reed
Matthew Stafford-John Elway

giantsfan
12-08-2008, 10:40 PM
STARHEATHER = http://www.eurovandownbytheriver.com/pauls/retardCartman.jpg

heather lacks the mental capacity to be the evil genius cartman is, he might be as ignorant but he's no where near as intelligent.

illmatic74
12-08-2008, 10:40 PM
Knowshon Moreno-Cadillac Williams
Jermaine Gresham-Keith Jackson
Michael Oher-Chris Samuel
Brian Cushing-Chad Greenway
James Laurinaitis-Barret Ruud
Michael Johnson-Aundray Bruce
Mark Herzlich-Bill Romanowski
Oben Britton-Joe Staley
Eric Berry-Ed Reed
Matthew Stafford-John ElwayI like how you used some classic players expecially the Keith Jackson one but Elway far superior athlete than Stafford, Aundray Bruce was a standup 3-4 LB.

EarthWindandFire
12-09-2008, 11:57 AM
Knowshon Moreno - Cadillac seems like a good comparison

Rey Mauluga- reminds me of a bigger Kirk Morrison

B.J. Raji- Vince Wilfork....big 3-4 Nose tackle

Michael Oher- Chris Samuels....I think he's the best OT prospect out there

Brian Orakpo- Kamerion Wimbley...I think he'll be a much more consistent pro then Wimbley though

Malcolm Jenkins- a younger Chris McCalister....the guy was never a shutdown corner, even in his prime, but I think Jenkins can be the same type of player...and thats a good thing.

LonghornsLegend
12-09-2008, 12:05 PM
Comparing them as a prospect, Crabtree is way greater than Rice. Rice wasn't much of a prospect but he was a hardworker who ran incredible routes. game speed not timed speed. When talking about prospects i find timed speed is brought into it more.

For me Larry Fitzgerald is the best comparision i can think of, both lanky game speed route runners that get open down feild. When they don;t create seperation they can jump and time it perfectly over the defenders. in teh west coast offense this guy will be scary...

Cris Carter I keep telling people.

Xonraider
12-09-2008, 12:13 PM
Rey Mauluga- reminds me of a bigger Kirk Morrison

Shwhat? No wai! Rey is 200 times stronger and hits 100 times harder than Kirk. Kirk isn't really good at run support.

princefielder28
12-09-2008, 12:24 PM
Brandon Gibson :: Derrick Mason

critesy
12-09-2008, 12:27 PM
taylor mays - bigger size wise laron landry

rockio42
12-09-2008, 12:32 PM
heather lacks the mental capacity to be the evil genius cartman is, he might be as ignorant but he's no where near as intelligent.

true dat, the episode where he kills the dudes parents because the guy wont give him his $16 back is evidence of the meniacal genius that cartman is

HoopsDemon12
12-09-2008, 11:20 PM
Cris Carter I keep telling people.

im not old enough to really have gotten a chance to watch carter, i have studied and watched some things on rice. But not too much on carter, was carter an average prospect measurable wise and great onfield?

BUT i do know his NFL career... he was great... im meaning the prospect and college levels here.

armageddon
12-11-2008, 06:31 PM
Chase Coffman = Jason Whitten

sbh15
12-11-2008, 06:32 PM
Chase Coffman = Jason Whitten

Your comparison fails because you couldn't even spell Witten correctly.

armageddon
12-11-2008, 06:37 PM
Your comparison fails because you couldn't even spell Witten correctly.

what are you some kind of a wise guy ? The world has enough asshats without you.

sbh15
12-11-2008, 06:37 PM
what are you some kind of a wise guy ? The world has enough asshats without you.

I don't like wise guys...

icantackleclaret
12-11-2008, 09:46 PM
Every time I see Taylor Mays he reminds me of Sean Taylor.

He may not be the freak athlete that Sean Taylor was. When you look at them you say.. Is that dude a safety or linebacker and are both fast.

Babylon
12-11-2008, 10:08 PM
[QUOTE=HoopsDemon12;1361768]im not old enough to really have gotten a chance to watch carter, i have studied and watched some things on rice. But not too much on carter, was carter an average prospect measurable wise and great onfield?

All he did was catch touchdowns.

renegade
12-11-2008, 10:14 PM
Eugene Monroe - D'Brickshaw Ferguson- I know that they came from the same school which may be the reason why they are so similar. Neither is great in the run game and aren't the strongest linemen. But they are unparallelled as pass protectors, they are both very technically sound and they have great feet to seal the edge against pass rushers. They are also very similar physically.

giantsfan
12-11-2008, 10:17 PM
Monroe's a lot more physical and unrefined than brick. That's why I think we've seen some of the inconsistencies from him that have dropped him down draft boards. Brick was really refined and smooth out there, Monroe plays more physically but doesn't have near brick's technique.

HellonEarth84
12-13-2008, 05:32 AM
Do you really think the Pats would draft Sintim after they just spent a 3rd round pick on Shawn Crable this year? By all accounts Crable looked quite good for them before he went on IR. Plus they spent a few other picks on LB's as well.

YES.

Because both of NE's OLB's are in their 30s. Crable is a long term project that came with the "Boom or Bust" label. He still needs to add a good 10-20lbs on his lanky frame.

So far he hasn't shown anything. He looked decent in the limited playing time in Pre-Season. He didn't show anything at all in the regular season.

Sintim has experience and productivity in the 34 and seems like more of a "sure thing".

HellonEarth84
12-13-2008, 05:39 AM
James Davis - Joseph Addai - Well rounded runner with good enough speed. Not a speedster and not a power back. Decent wiggle but doesn't have moves like LT. Just all around decent.

Larry English - LaMarr Woodley - English is a bit smaller but is quicker. Similar build. Like Woodley, will most likely end up playing OLB and end up being drafted in the early 2nd.

HellonEarth84
12-13-2008, 05:57 AM
Kevin Ellison - Rodney Harrison - Comparable triangle numbers. Similar attitude. Hard hitters. Nasty demeanor. Leaders.

armageddon
12-13-2008, 03:10 PM
Maclin = Hakim from his greatest show on turf days with the rams + 2"

Same kind of game changing speed. maclin will have a much better career than Hakim though.

He's not as physical as Steve Smith, but he's another comparison.

Santonio Holmes is another good comparison too.

I think Maclin would be a better slot receiver, than a true #1 type. Putting him in the slot or running gadget plays with his would be a great combo. The dude is exciting to watch for sure.

Babylon
12-13-2008, 04:00 PM
Kevin Ellison - Rodney Harrison - Comparable triangle numbers. Similar attitude. Hard hitters. Nasty demeanor. Leaders.

You might be onto something there.

etk
12-13-2008, 04:24 PM

Kevin Ellison = Keith Ellison.

C'mon....if they played the same position it would be obvious.

keylime_5
12-13-2008, 04:28 PM
Larry English is a lot like LaMarr Woodley really. Both high motor guys who are built the same way, both big LB/DE tweeners too.

ironman4579
12-13-2008, 05:36 PM
YES.

Because both of NE's OLB's are in their 30s. Crable is a long term project that came with the "Boom or Bust" label. He still needs to add a good 10-20lbs on his lanky frame.

So far he hasn't shown anything. He looked decent in the limited playing time in Pre-Season. He didn't show anything at all in the regular season.

Sintim has experience and productivity in the 34 and seems like more of a "sure thing".

He didn't show anything because he was on IR. My point wasn't that Crable was a better player than Sintim, just that the Pat's spent a 3rd on him plus went a little LB crazy in the last draft. Now obviously that doesn't preclude them from taking more this year, but it's something to think about.

Don Vito
12-13-2008, 05:57 PM
He didn't show anything because he was on IR. My point wasn't that Crable was a better player than Sintim, just that the Pat's spent a 3rd on him plus went a little LB crazy in the last draft. Now obviously that doesn't preclude them from taking more this year, but it's something to think about.

I really hope we go after a DB with our first pick, but we still could use a linebacker. Gary Guyton has showed a lot of promise this year as a rookie UDFA and he has the ability to play inside and outside. Guyton, Crable, Vince Redd, and Pierre Woods are all very talented young linbackers have the potential to be key parts of our defense with Mayo; the only thing is they are all pretty raw (besides Mayo). I like Sintim a lot though, if he were available with our early second rounder I would love if we took him. I just think we have bigger holes in the secondary, especially when you consider Adalius and Crable have been hurt.

Monomach
12-13-2008, 06:03 PM
According to STARHEATHER, Sergio Kindle is just like Dick Butkus + Lawrence Taylor + Spiderman.

ironman4579
12-13-2008, 06:11 PM
I really hope we go after a DB with our first pick, but we still could use a linebacker. Gary Guyton has showed a lot of promise this year as a rookie UDFA and he has the ability to play inside and outside. Guyton, Crable, Vince Redd, and Pierre Woods are all very talented young linbackers have the potential to be key parts of our defense with Mayo; the only thing is they are all pretty raw (besides Mayo). I like Sintim a lot though, if he were available with our early second rounder I would love if we took him. I just think we have bigger holes in the secondary, especially when you consider Adalius and Crable have been hurt.

I think you could use another LB as well. Basically I'm just saying I'm not sure they would take one with a high, ie. first or second round, pick.

HellonEarth84
12-13-2008, 09:11 PM
Belicheck simply doesn't value CB's enough to take one in the first round.

He doesnt draft CB in rd1 and doesnt re-sign his top CB's like Asante Samuel and Ty Law. Instead he's always been content to replace them with no names off the street.

OLB is crucial to the 34 and even if Crable pans out, the Pats still need another OLB for the future on the other side. Right now there is alot of Undrafted fodder like Redd and Woods, who are better suited as back ups and special teamers. Pats need an OLB badly. They are getting killed on 3rd downs this year because they can't get any pass rush at all.

I think NE looks for a CB like Darius Butler in the 2nd round with the pick they got from SD. Butler can also return kicks and play some WR as well. Belicheck loves versatility in his players and has no problem drafting a 5'9 corner.

Gribble
12-13-2008, 09:17 PM
According to STARHEATHER, Sergio Kindle is just like Dick Butkus + Lawrence Taylor + Spiderman.

You forgot Jesus...

ironman4579
12-13-2008, 09:20 PM
You forgot Jesus...

He must have had a bad game when Starheather watched.................

etk
12-14-2008, 09:29 AM
Belicheck simply doesn't value CB's enough to take one in the first round.

He doesnt draft CB in rd1 and doesnt re-sign his top CB's like Asante Samuel and Ty Law. Instead he's always been content to replace them with no names off the street.

OLB is crucial to the 34 and even if Crable pans out, the Pats still need another OLB for the future on the other side. Right now there is alot of Undrafted fodder like Redd and Woods, who are better suited as back ups and special teamers. Pats need an OLB badly. They are getting killed on 3rd downs this year because they can't get any pass rush at all.

I think NE looks for a CB like Darius Butler in the 2nd round with the pick they got from SD. Butler can also return kicks and play some WR as well. Belicheck loves versatility in his players and has no problem drafting a 5'9 corner.

Every year we have fans who say this about their team, and every year we have new "trends" that are broken. I've said it about the Bucs drafting a CB myself, and then we go take Talib with the 20th pick to play nickel. I said Dexter/DeSean Jackson would be horrible fits for our offense and we'll never take them.....we took Dexter. Gruden ALWAYS goes after some form of possession guys, but not last year.

Nothing is guaranteed in terms of the draft. If corner is the issue and there are good players are available, that will be the pick.

Cigaro
12-14-2008, 09:58 AM
Michael Crabtree = Terrell Owens

Babylon
12-14-2008, 12:05 PM

Except smaller and slower. The flip side is he has better hands and a brain.

regoob2
12-14-2008, 12:10 PM
Larry English is a lot like LaMarr Woodley really. Both high motor guys who are built the same way, both big LB/DE tweeners too.
That's the comparison that I was thinking.

Texas Homer
12-14-2008, 11:51 PM
Michael Crabtree-Andre Johnson(Both are physical WR's.AJ is much bigger though.)
Sergio Kindle-Shaun Phillips(??I have no idea??)
Stafford-Elway(Monster Arm-Has drawn Elway comparison's since he was playing high school ball in Texas. I'm not saying he's going to be Elway, I'm just sayin....)
Chris Wells-Ricky Williams(The Miami "good years" Ricky Williams. Both Big physical, fast RB's.)
Malcolm Jenkins-Champ Baily(Jenkins has a nose for the ball. He is physical and not afraid to hit. Good Tackler.)

holt_bruce81
12-15-2008, 12:18 AM
Chase Coffman = Dallas Clark
William Moore = Brian Dawkins

illmatic74
12-15-2008, 12:23 AM
Michael Crabtree-Andre Johnson(Both are physical WR's.AJ is much bigger though.)
Sergio Kindle-Shaun Phillips(??I have no idea??)
Stafford-Elway(Monster Arm-Has drawn Elway comparison's since he was playing high school ball in Texas. I'm not saying he's going to be Elway, I'm just sayin....)
Chris Wells-Ricky Williams(The Miami "good years" Ricky Williams. Both Big physical, fast RB's.)
Malcolm Jenkins-Champ Baily(Jenkins has a nose for the ball. He is physical and not afraid to hit. Good Tackler.)If Stafford had Tebow's speed he would be Elway but that is Stafford's idol and who he modeled his game after.

GBahDunka
12-15-2008, 02:30 AM
stafford is actually sneakily faster than you think

Paranoidmoonduck
12-15-2008, 02:36 AM

I like Dwayne Bowe more than Owens. Owens is still a pretty freakish athlete at 35, but he was way above Crabtree's athletic level in his prime.

Scott Wright
12-15-2008, 02:40 AM
Every year we have fans who say this about their team, and every year we have new "trends" that are broken. I've said it about the Bucs drafting a CB myself, and then we go take Talib with the 20th pick to play nickel. I said Dexter/DeSean Jackson would be horrible fits for our offense and we'll never take them.....we took Dexter. Gruden ALWAYS goes after some form of possession guys, but not last year.

Nothing is guaranteed in terms of the draft. If corner is the issue and there are good players are available, that will be the pick.

Excellent point.

Babylon
12-15-2008, 01:40 PM
If Stafford had Tebow's speed he would be Elway but that is Stafford's idol and who he modeled his game after.

My guess is you wouldn't find a whole lot of differance in speed between the 3 guys you mentioned. Elway was just super strong and coordinated, he had such great feet he could avoid a pass rush with the best ever.

gsorace
12-15-2008, 02:50 PM
Except smaller and slower. The flip side is he has better hands and a brain.

In other words, they're nothing alike at all.

Babylon
12-15-2008, 03:06 PM
In other words, they're nothing alike at all.

Exactly...

wonderbredd24
12-15-2008, 03:55 PM
It seems like Crabtree resembles Keyshawn the prospect as opposed to Keyshawn the product

etk
12-15-2008, 05:50 PM
It seems like Crabtree resembles Keyshawn the prospect as opposed to Keyshawn the product

Yes and no. Crabtree is much more smooth as a route-runner and pass catcher. I think they have similar playing styles but Crabtree is a better athlete and more versatile.

To get a true comparison for Crabtree you have to combine the best attributes of 2-3 players, because he's that talented. He's everything you ask for in a wideout except deep speed.

Paranoidmoonduck
12-15-2008, 09:30 PM
I don't know. Crabtree looks a lot like Dwayne Bowe did to me, although Crabtree has less questions about his concentration in catching the ball than Bowe did.

keylime_5
12-15-2008, 09:43 PM
actually crabtree hasn't been running great routes in college. I think he's so talented, he'll be a very well rounded WR in the NFL in time. Route running is not that big a deal compared to other flaws a guy can have - Terrell Owens and Randy Moss are two of the best WRs of this past decade and neither is much of a route runner.

Paranoidmoonduck
12-15-2008, 09:46 PM
Terrell Owens and Randy Moss are two of the best WRs of this past decade and neither is much of a route runner.

Owens and Moss might also be the two single best athletes we've seen at the position in the modern era. And both have always run pretty good routes. Owens' problem has been not always making the catch and Moss' problem is playing up to his talent level.

keylime_5
12-15-2008, 09:50 PM
I think Crabtree can be in that niche of WRs who aren't route runners like Torry holt, Chad Johnson, Deion Branch, Marvin Harrison, etc. but are very good and can get open and make plays with his size and strength like Keyshawn Johnson and Anquan Boldin.

Halsey
12-15-2008, 10:18 PM
If Stafford had Tebow's speed he would be Elway but that is Stafford's idol and who he modeled his game after.

Stafford has pretty good speed.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QcvSDUMw-XQ

DoWnThEfiElD
12-16-2008, 10:37 AM
Percy Harvin = More physical Reggie Bush

Or at least thats how I think he should be used in the NFL.

katnip
12-16-2008, 02:47 PM
does any1 compare to the panthers deangelo williams (I like him)?... does moreno compare even though he doesn't look as built as deA

(talking different subject now)

I'd love for the Jets to get a starting (leon's 2nd rb) playmaker on offense? any 2nd rounder fit the bill?

comparison - malcolm jenkins = charles woodson (pretty much guessing)... how about... andre smith = cards levi brown, except a little better,,, brian orakpo = ninja version of manny lawson (more refined)

coordinator0
12-16-2008, 03:51 PM
Matthew Stafford - Jay Cutler (They really seem similar to me)

Chris Wells - Jamal Lewis (Maybe not quite as powerful)

Michael Crabtree - Anquan Boldin (I say Boldin because I don't think he can get up as high as Fitzgerald)

Jermaine Gresham - Kellen Winslow Jr. (But better at blocking)

Andre Smith - Marcus McNeil (A little shorter, but IMO a good comparison)

Tyson Jackson - Trevor Pryce (Might not be as good of a pass rusher)

Clint Sintim - Terrell Suggs (First step burst isn't as good)

Malcolm Jenkins - Antoine Winfield - (May be better all around that Winfield though)

Taylor Mays - LaRon Landry (Physical and has great speed, perhaps even better than Landry)

DoWnThEfiElD
12-16-2008, 04:40 PM
ohh no you didn't compare Mays to Taylor....

coordinator0
12-16-2008, 04:44 PM

If I did something wrong, I apologize. I'm a noob.

There, I changed it.

DoWnThEfiElD
12-16-2008, 04:46 PM
If I did something wrong, I apologize. I'm a noob.

It's all good. It can just spark a heated debate to compare those too. Sean Taylor is one of, if not the best safety prospect ever.

Babylon
12-16-2008, 04:55 PM

I'd be inclined to compare Mays to Taylor as far as physical ability but not as a playmaker, Mays might be hindered by the SC system but the production just isnt close at the college level.

coordinator0
12-16-2008, 06:04 PM
I'd be inclined to compare Mays to Taylor as far as physical ability but not as a playmaker, Mays might be hindered by the SC system but the production just isnt close at the college level.

That's more of what I was going for, but i think Landry is a better comparison looking back at it now.

Texas Homer
12-16-2008, 07:49 PM
I probably shouldn't have compared Stafford to Elway. Stafford has a lot of potential. Maybe Stafford-Jeff George(???Both have Big Arms)

renegade
12-16-2008, 07:53 PM
Taylor Mays- Adrian Wilson
-Similar size and physical attributes. The only thing that really might make this a bad comparison is the fact that Adrian Wilson is used in all facets of the game as a Cardinal while Mays is strictly a centerfielder at USC. But Mays shows flashes of Wilson. Mays hits hard, it is to the point that he always goes for the big hit. Mays is also the biggest reason for USC's great pass defense and forces WRs to fear going over the middle. If Mays gets into a system that will capitalize on all his abilities then he will be an Adrian Wilson type player IMO. Stick him with Jim Johnson or Spags and he is an all-pro IMO.

Malcolm Jenkins- Nate Clements
-Extremely similar players IMO. They are both big strong CB's who can shut the recievers down. They both tackle extremely well and could both play FS if needed. They are both ballhawks as well.

Babylon
12-16-2008, 09:01 PM
I probably shouldn't have compared Stafford to Elway. Stafford has a lot of potential. Maybe Stafford-Jeff George(???Both have Big Arms)

Stafford seems more humble and grounded than Jeff George. Jay Cutler would probably be a better comparison but i've thrown John Elway's name out there (as a prospect).

Halsey
12-16-2008, 11:34 PM
When did Jeff George ever have the mobility to run for 80 yards in a game vs an SEC defense?

Hines
12-22-2008, 06:09 PM
Alphonso Smith-Dre Bly

Similar size and great ball skills.

SeanTaylorRIP
12-22-2008, 06:25 PM
Marko Mitchell-Chad Johnson
Kevin Barnes-Bryant McFadden

illmatic74
12-22-2008, 06:30 PM
It seems like Crabtree resembles Keyshawn the prospect as opposed to Keyshawn the productKeyshawn was a damn good reciever. He just wasn't as good as he thought he was.

princefielder28
12-22-2008, 07:33 PM
Marko Mitchell-Chad Johnson
Kevin Barnes-Bryant McFadden

I like the Mitchell comparison

rockio42
12-22-2008, 07:42 PM
I think Crabtree can be in that niche of WRs who aren't route runners like Torry holt, Chad Johnson, Deion Branch, Marvin Harrison, etc. but are very good and can get open and make plays with his size and strength like Keyshawn Johnson and Anquan Boldin.

Did you just say that Holt and Harrison aren't good route runners??

no love
12-23-2008, 03:57 PM

More like another former buckeye - Nate Clements
Both guys are the total package. Great size, good speed, good ball skills and great open field tacklers for their position.

thebow305
12-23-2008, 07:04 PM
I think Chris Wells runs very similar to Brandon Jacobs. I think that's the best comparison out there. Plus, both are very injury prone for big backs.

Hines
12-26-2008, 03:03 PM
Juaquin Iglesias- A faster Hines Ward

coordinator0
12-26-2008, 03:13 PM
More like another former buckeye - Nate Clements
Both guys are the total package. Great size, good speed, good ball skills and great open field tacklers for their position.

You could also compare him to Antoine Winfield with those qualities, and those are 2 pretty comparisons.

AtariBigby
12-26-2008, 11:44 PM
I think Chris Wells runs very similar to Brandon Jacobs. I think that's the best comparison out there. Plus, both are very injury prone for big backs.
Good call...... Still I think Wells has bust written all over him though, partly do to being brittle.

Now, since a few of you ripped other guys comps -which means YOU think YOU are the expert: Answer these:

Who's the Curtis Enis of this draft?
Who's the David Carr of this draft?
Who's the Charles Rogers of this draft?
Who is the Tony Mandarich of this draft?

Who is the Tony Romo (undrafted)?
Who is the Antonio Gates (undrafted)?
Who is the Donald Driver (pick #213)?

Who are the late/first rounders who will become perennial All Pro's like Ray Lewis (#27) and Brian Westbrook, Terrell Owens (3rd rounders)

Cigaro
12-26-2008, 11:53 PM
Who is the Donald Driver (pick #213)? Jarrett Dillard

Pb&j
12-27-2008, 12:48 AM
My beef with Chris Wells is that he always tries to bounce it outside, stiff arm, outjuke or even jump over the defender. He weighs 237, I would like to see him run it with some power more often, he wont be able to be so cute in the NFL.

Fuzzy Dunlop
12-27-2008, 07:08 AM
Rey Maualuga - Antonio Pierce
George Selvie - Jason Taylor
Jason Smith - Jason Peters
Michael Johnson - less productive Julius Peppers
Brian Cushing - James Harrison
Mitch King - poor, poor man's Chris Long

Sniper
12-27-2008, 08:02 AM
My beef with Chris Wells is that he always tries to bounce it outside, stiff arm, outjuke or even jump over the defender. He weighs 237, I would like to see him run it with some power more often, he wont be able to be so cute in the NFL.

Are we talking about the same Chris Wells?

Pb&j
12-27-2008, 12:32 PM
Yes, we are talking about the same Chris Wells. I'm sure you will give me a few examples of him running somebody over, but watching him you can tell that's not his first instinct.

etk
12-27-2008, 03:33 PM
Who's the Curtis Enis of this draft?
Who's the David Carr of this draft?
Who's the Charles Rogers of this draft?
Who is the Tony Mandarich of this draft?

Who is the Tony Romo (undrafted)?
Who is the Antonio Gates (undrafted)?
Who is the Donald Driver (pick #213)?

Who are the late/first rounders who will become perennial All Pro's like Ray Lewis (#27) and Brian Westbrook, Terrell Owens (3rd rounders)

David Carr: Hunter Cantwell.
Charles Rogers: Darrius Heyward-Bey.
Tony Mandarich: Michael Oher.
Tony Romo: Willie Tuitama.
Antonio Gates: Jeff Adrien :)
Donald Driver: Manuel Johnson.

These are the closest I could get. Not very good but not much to choose from.

Babylon
12-27-2008, 03:40 PM
Michael Johnson-less productive Julius Peppers

A lot less.

PACKmanN
12-28-2008, 11:02 AM
James Laurinaitis= Julian Peterson

anyone?

Sniper
12-28-2008, 11:08 AM

anyone?

What the ****? Absolutely not. How the hell did you come up with that?

PACKmanN
12-28-2008, 11:10 AM
What the ****? Absolutely not. How the hell did you come up with that?

they are both well at coverage and rushing the qb, but not at stopping the run as well because they sometimes struggle getting off blockers.

Babylon
12-28-2008, 12:48 PM

anyone?

I could see

Aaron Curry-Julian Peterson
James Laurinaitis-Barrett Ruud

Sniper
12-28-2008, 12:48 PM
James Laurinaitis-Barrett Ruud

Exactly what I thought.

armageddon
12-29-2008, 10:30 AM
Chase Daniel = Drew Brees

Both are 5'11'' And have good arms and pretty mobile. Not great rushers, but mobile enough to avoid sacks. Both are great leaders too. Lots of similarities.

Bigburt63
12-29-2008, 12:14 PM
YES.

Thats because Crable got hurt and placed on the IR very early, if not before the season even began.

keylime_5
12-29-2008, 12:16 PM
Sintim is more of an ILB prospect for a 3-4 like in New England. He could play outside, but you wouldn't draft him to do it longterm.

JaxJag_1
12-29-2008, 01:40 PM
Beanie Wells - Larry Johnson

marshfield
12-29-2008, 01:48 PM
Everette Brown - Jamal Reynolds. The FSU DE busts continue. Fast, athletic, undersized, weak. Can only run fast around the end, beats on college T's but will be mauled by pros.

TACKLE
12-29-2008, 02:53 PM
Sintim is more of an ILB prospect for a 3-4 like in New England. He could play outside, but you wouldn't draft him to do it longterm.

Why wouldn't he play outside in a 3-4? He plays outside in a 3-4 at Virginia and he lines up in a 3-Point stance often as a rush end. He's got good enough size to play the OLB at 6'3 250 and is strong. Size very close to a guy like Joey Porter but Sintim is more built. Porter, Harrison and Woodley showed you don't have to be 6'4 260 to be a successful 3-4 OLB. But most importantly he's demonstrated his ability to rush the passer of the edge. He could play ILB in a 3-4 but because it would be a waste of his explosiveness and great pass rushing ability.

Bigburt63
12-29-2008, 03:45 PM
^ Exactly what I was going to say...he would definitley play OLB for New England were they to draft him

Smokey Joe
12-30-2008, 09:57 PM
Who would you guys compare to Gross? I'm having a tough time with this one. I'm thinking Jason Smith or Jamon Meredith, but neither are all that great, IMO.

Race for the Heisman
12-30-2008, 11:30 PM
Who would you guys compare to Gross? I'm having a tough time with this one. I'm thinking Jason Smith or Jamon Meredith, but neither are all that great, IMO.

Maybe Boone? When I think of Gross I think right tackle with the feet to play on the left side, but I don't exactly catch the Panthers much.

Cigaro
12-31-2008, 01:13 AM

They aren't anything like Gross. Smith is a pure blindside protector, and if a team moves Meredith out to tackle, he would be as well. They couldn't be great right tackles. Gross is both an excellent pass protector and power run blocker. Gross compares most to Oher, obviously less athletic.

SeanTaylorRIP
01-01-2009, 10:57 AM
Watching Shonn Greene he reminds me of Tashard Choice when he was beasting it up at GaTech. Greene though is bigger.

Ward
01-01-2009, 11:05 AM
Why wouldn't he play outside in a 3-4? He plays outside in a 3-4 at Virginia and he lines up in a 3-Point stance often as a rush end. He's got good enough size to play the OLB at 6'3 250 and is strong. Size very close to a guy like Joey Porter but Sintim is more built. Porter, Harrison and Woodley showed you don't have to be 6'4 260 to be a successful 3-4 OLB. But most importantly he's demonstrated his ability to rush the passer of the edge. He could play ILB in a 3-4 but because it would be a waste of his explosiveness and great pass rushing ability.

Rushing the passer in college is a lot different from rushing the passer in the pros. There's a reason most of the 3-4 edge rushers have insane speed and agility. If Sintim tests well, then yeah maybe. But 3-4 ILBs rush the passer too, so it's not like you're wasting his skillset. Actually by having him rushing from the inside (think Bradie James) you'd be masking any athletic deficiencies he might have at the pro level. It's not a knock on Sintim, it just seems to be that the trend is to find freaks at that position (Ware, Lawson, Merriman, etc.).

bruschis4all
01-01-2009, 11:57 AM
I don't think he's coming out. But, J.Odrick from PSU reminds me of Richard
Seymour. Tall, Big, Strong dt who can manhandle an ol one-on-one. Will command a double team if he plays end in a 3-4. I've seen Seymour play for 8 years now on tv. Odrick seems to have similiar skills.

As far as who/what Belichick will draft. Prior to 05 draft pats fans said he would never draft an interior offensive lineman in Round 1. Hello L.Mankins.
Last year people said he would never draft an ilb that early. Hello J.Mayo. I wouldn't rule out any position. Hell, he had 2 great qb's and drafted one in the 3rd round last year. Just kidding. One great qb. And, that other guy from USC.

Race for the Heisman
01-01-2009, 02:43 PM
He's not eligible, but I see a lot of Brian Westbrook in Da'Rel Scott.

bruschis4all
01-01-2009, 08:44 PM
Well, entire PSU line got abused tonight. Hopefully, they come back for another year. None of them are ready for the next level yet. Another year of maturation and they will improve their stock IMO.

SeanTaylorRIP
01-01-2009, 08:52 PM
He's not eligible, but I see a lot of Brian Westbrook in Da'Rel Scott.

The Terps Da'Rel Scott? I like him a lot but don't really see Westbrook. Maybe Michael Bennett.

bigbluedefense
01-01-2009, 08:55 PM
Taylor Mays reminds me of Sean Taylor.

Clay Matthews reminds me of a middle class man's Lawrence Timmons

SeanTaylorRIP
01-01-2009, 08:58 PM
I'm not the normal skins fan who will flame out when he hears that and we all know Sean Taylor was my favorite player but I definitely see the similarities. Mays has that ever so rare freakish blend of size and incredible range. I will say though that Mays doesn't have nearly the ball skills or location skills, and doesn't have the same mean streak and physicality Sean Taylor played with. Taylor Mays is Taylor Mays, hopefully he doesn't get engulfed with trying to become the next Sean Taylor because that could hurt him. Just me and my opinion I don't think he's nearly the prospect of Sean Taylor but I think he has potential to be an All pro. I don't like him as much as a prospect as Landry but he's in the same discussion as guys like Michael Huff and Michael Griffin as a prospect for me.

JFLO
01-01-2009, 09:06 PM
I'm not the normal skins fan who will flame out when he hears that and we all know Sean Taylor was my favorite player but I definitely see the similarities. Mays has that ever so rare freakish blend of size and incredible range. I will say though that Mays doesn't have nearly the ball skills or location skills, and doesn't have the same mean streak and physicality Sean Taylor played with. Taylor Mays is Taylor Mays, hopefully he doesn't get engulfed with trying to become the next Sean Taylor because that could hurt him. Just me and my opinion I don't think he's nearly the prospect of Sean Taylor but I think he has potential to be an All pro. I don't like him as much as a prospect as Landry but he's in the same discussion as guys like Michael Huff and Michael Griffin as a prospect for me.

Totally agree.

Sean Taylor's on the field personality was unlike any other I had seen before. His game resembles Taylor Mays' resume' but I just feel that Mays' needs more experience as a actual safety instead of a "centerfielder" type player. He's going to get drafted and early, but I think it's going to take some time before he starts to play like the player everyone is expecting from him early on.

djp
01-01-2009, 09:10 PM
Taylor Mays has Sean Taylor's athleticism (which in of itself is amazing) but they aren't the same player.

I can see why people compare the two, but Taylor Mays isn't close to the level of production that Taylor was at.

Texas Homer
01-01-2009, 09:41 PM
Colt McCOY-Troy Aikman

JaxJag_1
01-01-2009, 10:23 PM
Taylor Mays = Steve Atwater

Babylon
01-01-2009, 10:25 PM
Colt McCOY-Troy Aikman

I thought that was a bazaar statement till i noticed your handle.

Race for the Heisman
01-02-2009, 12:50 AM
Joe Ganz - Tony Romo, and he'll probably need to sit for fours year like Romo if he is to ever amount to anything.

Tim Hiller - I see a little bit of Peyton Manning and a little Carson Palmer, but I don't think either is a true comparison.

This one's probably been bandied about a bit, but Louis Delmas has the same reckless aggressiveness I see in Bob Sanders.

HellonEarth84
01-02-2009, 02:48 AM
Everette Brown - A faster Dwight Freeney

Hakim Nicks - Joe Horn

jsagan77
01-02-2009, 08:56 AM
I'm not the best at this but what the heck..

Offense

Matt Stafford=Jay Cutler
Sam Bradford=Phillip Rivers
Josh Freeman=McNabb

Beanie= Johnathan Stewart
Moreno= Steve Slaton
Spiller= Felix Jones

Crabtree=Fitz
Maclin=Eddie Royal
DHB=Vincent Jackson

Michael Oher = Walter Jones
Andre Smith = Willie Roaf
Jason Smith = Chris Samuels

Duke Robinson = Derrick Dockery

Alex Mack = Jeff Saturday

Defense

Jenkins = Carlos Rogers (w/ better hands)
Davis = Sheldon Brown

Taylor Mays = Ken Hamiln
Eric Berry = Sean Taylor

Everette = Ware
Hardy = Lamar Woodley

Raji = Shaun Rogers

Curry = Ray Lewis
JL = Chad Greenway
RM = AJ Hawk

jsagan77
01-02-2009, 10:52 AM
Taylor Mays reminds me of Sean Taylor.

Clay Matthews reminds me of a middle class man's Lawrence Timmons

The only thing similar about Mays and ST is their physical atributes. If you want to see a guy that plays, and even has the same mannerisms of ST, look no further than Eric Berry from Tenn.... Youtube him and tell me what you think...

CashmoneyDrew
01-02-2009, 11:40 AM
Eric Berry is going be in next year's draft, not this years. And the other posters here are going to rip you a new one for comparing him to Sean Taylor.

JFLO
01-02-2009, 11:55 AM
I'm not the best at this but what the heck..

Offense

Matt Stafford=Jay Cutler
Sam Bradford=Phillip Rivers
Josh Freeman=McNabb

Beanie= Johnathan Stewart
Moreno= Steve Slaton
Spiller= Felix Jones

Crabtree=Fitz
Maclin=Eddie Royal
DHB=Vincent Jackson

Michael Oher = Walter Jones
Andre Smith = Willie Roaf
Jason Smith = Chris Samuels

Duke Robinson = Derrick Dockery

Alex Mack = Jeff Saturday

Defense

Jenkins = Carlos Rogers (w/ better hands)
Davis = Sheldon Brown

Taylor Mays = Ken Hamiln
Eric Berry = Sean Taylor

Everette = Ware
Hardy = Lamar Woodley

Raji = Shaun Rogers

Curry = Ray Lewis
JL = Chad Greenway
RM = AJ Hawk

The comparisons in bold are awful, IMO.

The only one that I think is almost perfect is Taylor Mays to Ken Hamlin, except obviously a little bit more physically dominating.

jsagan77
01-02-2009, 12:21 PM
The comparisons in bold are awful, IMO.

The only one that I think is almost perfect is Taylor Mays to Ken Hamlin, except obviously a little bit more physically dominating.

It's all on your views. I think they are all accurate given their playing styles.

jsagan77
01-02-2009, 12:25 PM
Eric Berry is going be in next year's draft, not this years. And the other posters here are going to rip you a new one for comparing him to Sean Taylor.

I'm probably one of the biggest ST fans on this board so to get that compliment from me is rare.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2HkG4UD-yNc

They guy has the same mannerisms and everything.

keylime_5
01-02-2009, 02:23 PM

He could like Adalius Thomas, but I think you would get more to draft a natural pass rusher for the OLB spots and put Clint at TED like Farrior and Thomas.

SeanTaylorRIP
01-02-2009, 02:41 PM
He could like Adalius Thomas, but I think you would get more to draft a natural pass rusher for the OLB spots and put Clint at TED like Farrior and Thomas.

Clint was unblockable this year with his hand down the most consistent pass rusher in the ACC even over Everette Brown. When you have a guy with superior pass rushing skills and the is stout against the run and has the athletic ability to play the position I think you leave him at the outside.

dhp318
01-02-2009, 02:51 PM
Everette Brown - A faster Dwight Freeney

Oh God, don't put down Dwight Freeney like that. Freeney is faster, bigger, stronger with better pass moves.

HellonEarth84
01-02-2009, 03:44 PM
Clint Sintim is a 3-4 OLB. End of discussion.

Race for the Heisman
01-02-2009, 07:12 PM
Patrick Pinkney kind of reminds me of Troy Smith. Meh size, above average arms, good mobility, more developed as passer than the common perception, and they even look similar.

Don Vito
01-02-2009, 07:42 PM
Some Ole Miss guys-

Greg Hardy-John Abraham
Dexter McCluster-Antwaan Randle El
Micahel Oher-Orlando Pace
Brandon Bolden-Derrick Ward
Mike Wallace-Bernard Berrian
Peria Jerry-Booger McFarland

bigbluedefense
01-02-2009, 07:43 PM
Some Ole Miss guys-

Greg Hardy-John Abraham

i think Hardy is more like a smaller version of Jared Allen.

or even a DE version of Lamarr Woodley.

Race for the Heisman
01-02-2009, 10:01 PM
Some Ole Miss guys-

Greg Hardy-John Abraham

Brandon Bolden reminds me of Emmitt Smith. Not saying he'll be that good (obviously), but that was the first guy I thought of when I saw him run.

PACKmanN
01-03-2009, 12:28 AM
Orakpo= Jamal Reynolds?

SenorGato
01-03-2009, 02:57 AM
I like the Hardy to Abraham one. Hardy has much better size though.

Iunno why people think Hardy's small. He's not huge, but he'll be at least 260 IMO.

AtariBigby
01-03-2009, 11:37 PM
Orakpo= Jamal Reynolds?

I think only Packer fans remember that bum of a pick.
For the youngsters who don't know who Reynolds is/was, I guess PACKmann doesn't like Orakpo's future.

JaxJag_1
01-03-2009, 11:41 PM
Brian Orakpo - John Abraham

TACKLE
01-19-2009, 09:32 PM
Jeremy Maclin - Torry Holt

Malaka
01-19-2009, 09:57 PM
I think only Packer fans remember that bum of a pick.
For the youngsters who don't know who Reynolds is/was, I guess PACKmann doesn't like Orakpo's future.

Jamal "Too Small" Reynolds?

Nah no way IMO, Orakpo has a much better combination of size and speed, Jamal was small and slow, and Orakpo has average DE size, and a great burst, he just lacks many pass rush moves.

MetSox17
01-25-2009, 11:41 PM
This one hit me like a ton of bricks right now.

Mark Sanchez = David Carr

yourfavestoner
01-26-2009, 02:20 AM

That's actually a great comparison.

Here's mine. Jeremy Maclin=Jimmy Smith

HellonEarth84
01-26-2009, 01:39 PM
Mark Sanchez - Matt Cassell

Sniper
01-26-2009, 01:51 PM
http://cache.daylife.com/imageserve/02FFf29fyWgTK/610x.jpg

=

http://lh5.ggpht.com/dearjanesample/SJJT2fkZJVI/AAAAAAAAADs/HuqzqoKZMEQ/burnt%20toast.jpg

Babylon
01-26-2009, 02:07 PM
Mark Sanchez - Matt Cassell

Cause they both backed up Matt Leinart? Sanchez has a better arm, hangs in under a pass rush better, and throws better on the run i believe.

katnip
01-26-2009, 06:07 PM
any1 compare to the broncos baby t.o. (brandon marshall)?

is Graham Harrell & Jake Delhomme comparable? or maybe, b.j. raji > vince wilfork from, the U?

SenorGato
01-26-2009, 06:29 PM

Besides looks, what do they have in common?

Sanchez has better mechanics than Carr, who had that little hitch or whatever when he came out.

MetSox17
01-26-2009, 07:29 PM
Besides looks, what do they have in common?

Sanchez has better mechanics than Carr, who had that little hitch or whatever when he came out.

Their arm strength is about the same. Watch tapes of David Carr rolling out and throwing on the run, and then look at what Mark Sanchez did this year. Their deep balls look exactly the same. They have sort of the same physique, athleticism, arm, playing style. The only difference is the slight side-arm little motion that Carr would do at times.

I think they're carbon copies of each other.

Malaka
01-26-2009, 07:43 PM
Well, now imagine if Carr went to a team with at least half-decent O-line which Sanchez will probably go if he is the second QB to Stafford which I think he will be, although I like him more than Stafford. I also liked David Carr a lot out of college so I guess there is a reason I like Sanchez so much.

Sanchez will be successful, and I believe very successful. I picture him on the Chiefs or the 49ers, two young teams that can be going places soon that need a franchise QB. I just have a feeling he will go to one of those teams, or maybe since USC wears red, and both the 49ers and the Chiefs have a shot at him... and they have red jerseys so that could be another reason.

MetSox17
01-26-2009, 08:24 PM
Well, now imagine if Carr went to a team with at least half-decent O-line which Sanchez will probably go if he is the second QB to Stafford which I think he will be, although I like him more than Stafford. I also liked David Carr a lot out of college so I guess there is a reason I like Sanchez so much.

Sanchez will be successful, and I believe very successful. I picture him on the Chiefs or the 49ers, two young teams that can be going places soon that need a franchise QB. I just have a feeling he will go to one of those teams, or maybe since USC wears red, and both the 49ers and the Chiefs have a shot at him... and they have red jerseys so that could be another reason.

Okay, you completely lost me after the second sentence of paragraph number two.

I thought David Carr could have been a great quarterback. He was showing improvement in Houston, but those first three years really just screwed that guy over. Such a great talent, and throughout the worst offensive line in the history of the NFL, he was still getting better and making great throws. I think Mark Sanchez will be what David Carr should have been.

Saints-Tigers
01-26-2009, 08:38 PM
Eh, you can only blame so much on the team. The great ones don't "get ruined" and he's had a shot on afterwards and still hasn't shown anything.

I think Carr had a stronger arm than Sanchez though honestly.

bored of education
01-26-2009, 08:46 PM
Alex Boone = Barry Richardson

lazy bastards

MetSox17
01-26-2009, 10:53 PM
Eh, you can only blame so much on the team. The great ones don't "get ruined" and he's had a shot on afterwards and still hasn't shown anything.

I think Carr had a stronger arm than Sanchez though honestly.

Well, there's only so many "great" ones, and none of them ever played behind pass blocking as putrid as Houston's.

d34ng3l021
01-26-2009, 11:00 PM
Okay, you completely lost me after the second sentence of paragraph number two.

I thought David Carr could have been a great quarterback. He was showing improvement in Houston, but those first three years really just screwed that guy over. Such a great talent, and throughout the worst offensive line in the history of the NFL, he was still getting better and making great throws. I think Mark Sanchez will be what David Carr should have been.

He may have had the physical talent, but he lacked the mental tools. The offensive line was bad, but did you see how long he held onto the ball? That is what ****** him, not the offensive line. Yes, he didn't have too much talent around him, but he did nothing to improve that offense.

HellonEarth84
01-26-2009, 11:06 PM
Juaquin Iglesias - TJ Housmanzadah

SenorGato
01-26-2009, 11:26 PM
Their arm strength is about the same. Watch tapes of David Carr rolling out and throwing on the run, and then look at what Mark Sanchez did this year. Their deep balls look exactly the same. They have sort of the same physique, athleticism, arm, playing style. The only difference is the slight side-arm little motion that Carr would do at times.

I think they're carbon copies of each other.

So what's the comparison mean in the end?

Basically...comparing him to Carr implies that he's a future bust. Thing is, no one saw David Carr being a bust. Hell, I don't even think David Carr would have been a bust had he not been chosen by an expansion team that lost it's franchise linemen before he even took a snap.

I don't mind the comparison...it's more what it implies I guess. I liked David Carr and still do...sure he's done as a starter in this league but he's gotten so many chances post-Texans because teams know he was at one point an extremely talented young guy who was probably f'd over a little by a crummy situation that few, if any, would have made it out of.

Otherwise...not a bad comparison.

MetSox17
01-26-2009, 11:36 PM
So what's the comparison mean in the end?

Basically...comparing him to Carr implies that he's a future bust. Thing is, no one saw David Carr being a bust. Hell, I don't even think David Carr would have been a bust had he not been chosen by an expansion team that lost it's franchise linemen before he even took a snap.

I don't mind the comparison...it's more what it implies I guess. I liked David Carr and still do...sure he's done as a starter in this league but he's gotten so many chances post-Texans because teams know he was at one point an extremely talented young guy who was probably f'd over a little by a crummy situation that few, if any, would have made it out of.

Otherwise...not a bad comparison.

Well that's just bad reading comprehension on your part, because it would be ridiculous for anyone in this thread to base their comparison on the way their careers are going to play out. At this point, all we're doing is looking at them as prospects, and how they compare to others in years prior. I think everyone else in this thread understands that.

He may have had the physical talent, but he lacked the mental tools. The offensive line was bad, but did you see how long he held onto the ball? That is what ****** him, not the offensive line. Yes, he didn't have too much talent around him, but he did nothing to improve that offense.

And for that, i blame the coaching.

Donno
01-27-2009, 12:36 AM
You may think this is radical but..
Everette Brown = Reggie White

thetedginnshow
01-27-2009, 03:54 AM
I might have said this a long time ago, but Crabtree is a lot like T.O./Baby T.O.

Paranoidmoonduck
01-27-2009, 02:04 PM
You may think this is radical but..
Everette Brown = Reggie White

Right. White was only 50 lbs heavier and played a lot of defensive tackle.

Babylon
01-27-2009, 02:15 PM
Right. White was only 50 lbs heavier and played a lot of defensive tackle.

And was one of the great D-lineman, Everette Brown cant carry Reggie's jock.

MetSox17
01-27-2009, 02:26 PM
I might have said this a long time ago, but Crabtree is a lot like T.O./Baby T.O.

At 35, i think Owens is still faster than Crabtree. Crabs will be lucky to run in the mid 4.5's, Owens has always been a low 4.4 guy.

katnip
01-27-2009, 02:29 PM
At 35, i think Owens is still faster than Crabtree. Crabs will be lucky to run in the mid 4.5's, Owens has always been a low 4.4 guy.

I'd have to agree with that. T.O.'s only problem is he can't hold on to the over the shoulder balls that are deep.

thetedginnshow
01-27-2009, 02:35 PM

I don't know. T.O. ran a 4.6 at the combine, and Baby ran a 4.57 or something like that. He might be a little faster, but in regards to a comparison, I think they're very similar, considering T.O.'s game hasn't been about speed. And actually, I feel like T.O. has gotten faster over the years I'm sure thanks to his work regimen.

armageddon
01-27-2009, 11:34 PM
Chase Daniel = Joe Montana

Chase Coffman = Dwight Clark

William Moore = Ronnie Lot

Jeremy Maclin = Jerry Rice

TACKLE
01-27-2009, 11:39 PM
Chase Daniel = Joe Montana

Chase Coffman = Dwight Clark

William Moore = Ronnie Lot

Jeremy Maclin = Jerry Rice

Missouri Tigers 2008 = 1980's 49ers

Draft those 4 players and you'll be on your way to a dynasty.

ag27
01-27-2009, 11:59 PM
Chris Wells - Michael Turner
Brian Cushing - Mike Vrabel
Brian Orakpo - Shawne Merriman
Mark Sanchez - Jay Cutler
Phil Loadholt - Marcus McNeil

MetSox17
01-28-2009, 12:08 AM
I don't know. T.O. ran a 4.6 at the combine, and Baby ran a 4.57 or something like that. He might be a little faster, but in regards to a comparison, I think they're very similar, considering T.O.'s game hasn't been about speed. And actually, I feel like T.O. has gotten faster over the years I'm sure thanks to his work regimen.

Well, i killed my argument by bringing up 40 times in the first place, but here i'm gonna go completely squashing your argument.

Game speed >>> timed speed.

Owens out runs defenses like nothing. He has flown by the fastest in the league, and still does at 35. Go look at the MeAngelo clip where he just whizzes by him. That's a 4.35 guy right there.

Did you also know Devin Hester ran a mid 4.5 at the combine? He's the fastest guy in the field every game, in the NFL. I don't care what he ran in a track. Crabtree does not have top flight game speed. That's the end of it, really.

MetSox17
01-28-2009, 12:10 AM
Chris Wells - Michael Turner
Brian Cushing - Mike Vrabel
Brian Orakpo - Shawne Merriman
Mark Sanchez - Jay Cutler
Phil Loadholt - Marcus McNeil

The first four were good, but there's no way Load-hold is anything like McNeil. Big, fat, slow.

ElectricEye
01-28-2009, 12:47 AM
The first four were good, but there's no way Load-hold is anything like McNeil. Big, fat, slow.

Ironically enough the same criticisms levied at McNeil.

I like Loadholt a lot. That comparison isn't completely accurate, but McNeil got some of the same stuff coming out. His stock never quite went to hell the way Loadholt's had prior to the Senior Bowl though.

Paranoidmoonduck
01-28-2009, 12:51 AM
I think that McNeil was just a better college player who fell more because of injury concerns than because of playing ability. Loadholt surprised me by putting together a very good Senior Bowl showing, but the fact that he looked better at LT than RT is somewhat concerning since RT was considered his lock spot less than a month ago.

Not a bad comparison, but I definitely liked McNeil more.

HellonEarth84
01-28-2009, 01:06 AM
Did you also know Devin Hester ran a mid 4.5 at the combine? He's the fastest guy in the field every game, in the NFL. I don't care what he ran in a track. Crabtree does not have top flight game speed. That's the end of it, really.

Proof?

I'm pretty sure Hester ran a very low 4.3

initial_flo
01-28-2009, 01:39 AM
http://web.archive.org/web/20060413181718/www.nfldraftcountdown.com/scoutingreports/cb/devinhester.html

I found Scott's old bio and it says 4.45

Didn't think he had super elite speed, just awesome ability to cut and creativity on the fly.

MenOfTroy
01-28-2009, 01:57 AM

Not nearly fast enough.

The way I see it, Crabtree compares to Dwayne Bowe.

thetedginnshow
01-28-2009, 05:30 AM
Well, i killed my argument by bringing up 40 times in the first place, but here i'm gonna go completely squashing your argument.

Game speed >>> timed speed.

Owens out runs defenses like nothing. He has flown by the fastest in the league, and still does at 35. Go look at the MeAngelo clip where he just whizzes by him. That's a 4.35 guy right there.

Yeah, I realize the game speed/timed speed thing, but I just disagree. I actually looked over some tapes of T.O. when he first came into the league and he wasn't as fast as he is now for whatever reason. And I don't know, but Crabtree doesn't look that slow to me either. But T.O. has always been about great route running, which is what I think Crabtree is about. And, I believe on the professional level he's going to have the same sort of problems with drops/fumbles.