PDA

View Full Version : How would you rate my brother as a college prospect?

Hokie's#1
12-08-2008, 04:13 PM
The season is over for us we lost in the semifinals.

Here are his 2008 stats. I don't have completion percentage but I can tell you how many yards, touchdowns, and interceptions.

3,123 yards, 33 touchdowns passing, 7 touchdowns running, and 12 interceptions. If I had to guess I'd say his completion percentage would be about 50%. His receivers have dropped a lot of balls that easily should have been caught.

Here is his rivals page. Check out his highlight tape.

http://wvpreps.rivals.com/viewprospect.asp?sport=1&pr_key=83058

SeanTaylorRIP
12-08-2008, 04:23 PM
I know nothing about the level of competition and such. But based on statistics and measureables I think he will garner one or two 1AA offers and a couple d2 offers and beyond. He has quite a few INT's, and is pretty short although he still has potential to grow 2 or 3 inches. If he could get attention from a team like JMU and actually make the football team that would be great for him. I saw the 3.3 GPA, if he had a higher GPA he could have looked at schools like Georgetown where he could be a good student athlete.

Shane P. Hallam
12-08-2008, 04:31 PM
Anyone with that type of college list looks solid. Hopefully one of the higher ends (Marshall, etc,) offers him!

CashmoneyDrew
12-08-2008, 04:32 PM
Tennessee could use a QB.

Joeyjr09
12-08-2008, 04:34 PM
Not too impressive.

Pluses: Good touch on his throws and pretty accurate. Gives his guys the room to make plays. Solid GPA.

Minuses: Small for the position. Arm strength seems to max out at about 40 yards without much zip on his passes. I don't know the level on competition but the entire tape seemed like it was being played in slow motion. He rolls out pretty well I guess but there seemed to be zero speed on the field so Im not sure if anyone could have caught him. Mechanics were pretty bad. Throws flat footed, falling backwards, more wrist throws then leg throws and has zero footwork whatsoever. Didn't see him have to make a single difficult read. He threw to the primary WR on just about every play.

Honestly, if he gets a I-AA offer, he should jump on it.

SeanTaylorRIP
12-08-2008, 04:36 PM
Anyone with that type of college list looks solid. Hopefully one of the higher ends (Marshall, etc,) offers him!

Hopefully he will get 1 or 2 offers from them. When I was a senior at Oxon Hill high I got letters of interest from Richmond U, Georgetown, Catholic U amongst other small football schools, but Catholic University was the only school who had an offer for me. I really wanted to go to Georgetown as a student athlete and I was awfully close. I already got past the first cuts of enrollment which were GPA and resumes, but apparently my interview with the Dean didn't go too well because I was never offered admittance to the school. I ended up just walking on the UVA track team before dropping track before my first full fall season and eventually transferring out of UVA after 3 semesters to George Mason University because I was failing most of my classes. Anyways my point is that I hope he gets some real offers, but I and many classmates I know have had our hopes crushed by schools showing initial interest.

Hokie's#1
12-08-2008, 04:39 PM
I'm not gonna lie the competition in West Virginia is not great. Marshall is a disgrace. They don't give him any attention. As I said earlier West Virginia is not a hotbed for recruiting but when you have a good in state prospect go after him. Especially due to their QB controversy. A lot of Marshall alum have told me he is better than anybody up there.

Yeah, he is only 6'0 which his short for a QB. He has 12 interceptions which is way too many. He always wants to force the ball into coverage. Anyway he is the leading frontrunner for the Kennedy Award, which goes to the states best player.

devinhester=R.O.Y 2006
12-09-2008, 11:41 AM
Old Dominoin could be a nice option since they are starting from scratch. Your brother could be marketed as the face of the program if he was the first quarterback to start for the Monarchs.

Hokie's#1
12-09-2008, 02:54 PM
Old Dominion could be a nice option since they are starting from scratch. Your brother could be marketed as the face of the program if he was the first quarterback to start for the Monarchs.

Yeah, I think he looks Old Dominion. They have really nice facilities and one of his good friends is going there to play. Thing is they have been slow to offer.

Hokie_Pokie08
12-09-2008, 02:57 PM
Old Dominoin could be a nice option since they are starting from scratch. Your brother could be marketed as the face of the program if he was the first quarterback to start for the Monarchs.

Look for Tommy Reamon Jr. to have that distinction.

Hokie's#1
12-09-2008, 03:40 PM
Look for Tommy Reamon Jr. to have that distinction.

Yeah, I was kind of thinking the same thing. Reamon is a good player. He had offers from Missouri, East Carolina, Northern Illinois, and one other school but chose ODU.

Hokie's#1
12-09-2008, 08:44 PM
Update: Tonight he just won Area Player of the Year.

vatech=accdomination
12-19-2008, 04:02 PM
He has a highly debated topic in the VT pay board, want to enlighten me?

BamaFalcon59
02-04-2009, 08:03 PM
Is he your brother or is this you?

I know you/ he accepted a preferred walk on to Virginia Tech. and posts on the Rivals main board. Also, I believe, shares the Hokies#1 name.

Oh, and it is good to see some deep throws in the new video.

JRTPlaya21
02-12-2009, 04:37 PM
Believe that's his brother.

Donno
02-20-2009, 06:21 PM
Good for your brother dude thats great