PDA

View Full Version : Willie Williams

Favre4
12-10-2008, 12:51 PM
I dont know if you guys remember willie, but he was the best player in the country coming out of HS a few years ago that went to miami and was eventually kicked off the team for too many run-ins with the police, then later kicked off of louisville's squad for the same thing. this past year he went to union college and put up some eye popping numbers. you think he has a shot as an undrafted free agent? i read a story on him and he has really cleaned up his act, going as far as removing the gold plated caps on his teeth to clean up his appearance.

SuperKevin
12-10-2008, 12:53 PM
He's a long shot. He's only like 215 lbs as recently as 2 weeks ago at the East Coast Bowl Combine.

PACKmanN
12-10-2008, 12:56 PM
I think he can get drafted by a cover 2 team in the 6th or 7th, just depends how he runs.

Favre4
12-10-2008, 12:57 PM
really. any word on how he did? i am a huge miami hurricanes fan, and was always pulling for him to clean up his act. even though he is 215, he still put up some ridiculous numbers and if i remember correctly he has the frame to add weight if he got a shot. he was close to 235 in his miami days. too bad he just never fit their scheme and struggled to get playing time because of it.

vatech=accdomination
12-10-2008, 12:57 PM
I dont know if you guys remember willie, but he was the best player in the country coming out of HS a few years ago that went to miami and was eventually kicked off the team for too many run-ins with the police, then later kicked off of louisville's squad for the same thing. this past year he went to union college and put up some eye popping numbers. you think he has a shot as an undrafted free agent? i read a story on him and he has really cleaned up his act, going as far as removing the gold plated caps on his teeth to clean up his appearance.

i think that was creepa, another famous miami resident

SuperKevin
12-10-2008, 12:59 PM
http://draftcountdown.com/forum/showpost.php?p=1351106&postcount=7

Here's a post I wrote about 2 weeks ago about his East Coast Bowl performance and workout

PACKmanN
12-10-2008, 01:05 PM
4.5 is not bad, I still think he stays on a teams' practice squad and it should help him improve his speed and stuff because he would be in a bigger program then the College he played at. Wouldn't be surpirsed if be becomes a Cato June type player down the line.

Favre4
12-10-2008, 01:05 PM
sweet. yeah he was definitely quite a bit bigger than that at miami. i wonder if he has the ball skills or COD ability to switch to safety. i remember him always being the 3-4 outside linebacker type that just caused hell when he was in so it would probably be a pretty tough switch for him.

DoWnThEfiElD
12-10-2008, 01:45 PM
He wasn't the best player in the country his senior year... Up there, but not the best...

Favre4
12-10-2008, 01:49 PM
well he was number one with many of the scouting agencies. doesnt really matter much now anyway.

DoWnThEfiElD
12-10-2008, 01:54 PM
I'm pretty sure Peterson was. But I get your point. Either way he wasted a lot of talent.

Favre4
12-10-2008, 01:58 PM
yeah too bad really. i think if he would have gotten out of miami or the state of florida he may have steered clear of the run-ins with the police a little more. his problems and louisville were nothing compared to what he did at miami. the guy had like 9 arrests before he ever went to college.

DoWnThEfiElD
12-10-2008, 02:01 PM
Hey he didn't do worse than Kyle Williams, another 5* LB from that class...

Favre4
12-10-2008, 02:09 PM
yeah thats true.