PDA

View Full Version : Question on James Laurinaitis

bucs4life97
12-10-2008, 04:28 PM
Hello all. New to posting, but ive been viewing for a bit....love the site.
:)

Anyways, my question is in regards to James Laurinaits and his ability to play the WLB or SLB in a tampa 2 defence? Could he do it?

Sniper
12-10-2008, 04:30 PM
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/search.php?searchid=265331

Search function + James Laurinaitis=finding all James Laurinaitis-related threads.

keylime_5
12-10-2008, 04:33 PM
Hello all. New to posting, but ive been viewing for a bit....love the site.
:)

Anyways, my question is in regards to James Laurinaits and his ability to play the WLB or SLB in a tampa 2 defence? Could he do it?

I have heard that he would be best suited for WLB in a tampa two and that teams would not draft him to play MLB in a tampa 2.

Favre4
12-12-2008, 01:25 PM
where he plays at the next level is really a very intriguing question. i think he has the athletic ability to play alot of different places on the field. he could even play MLB in a 3-4 scheme in my opinion. i think his skill set is very comparable to another ohio state linebacker, AJ Hawk. i just watched an old ohio state game on the big ten network the other night and my roommate and i couldnt believe how similar aj hawk looked then to laurinatis now. lets just hope he is a little better than hawk.

Bengals78
12-12-2008, 01:33 PM
Hawk was a much better player and athlete than Laurinaitis. JL is best suited for a Cover 2 imo

yourfavestoner
12-12-2008, 01:45 PM
I have heard that he would be best suited for WLB in a tampa two and that teams would not draft him to play MLB in a tampa 2.

To be quite honest, I wouldn't draft him as a MLB in any scheme. I think he'll be a very good OLB in the NFL, though.

Crickett
12-12-2008, 01:56 PM
Hawk was a much better player and athlete than Laurinaitis. JL is best suited for a Cover 2 imo

I'm really hoping Lauinaitis gets drafted by the Packers. Then they could have Hawk get himself a blonde buzz cut and well, I hope someone gets where I'm going with this.

CC.SD
12-12-2008, 03:17 PM
I'm really hoping Lauinaitis gets drafted by the Packers. Then they could have Hawk get himself a blonde buzz cut and well, I hope someone gets where I'm going with this.

To the deep south? Utah? :D

Monomach
12-12-2008, 04:09 PM

Has an excellent nose for the ball, has great coverage skills and range, doesn't miss many tackles, can't shed a blocker to save his life...

That's pretty much the definition of a Tampa 2 MLB.

Bengals78
12-12-2008, 04:24 PM

I get you on that one...JL needs the Mohawk and hawk needs the double Mohawk

then the packers defense can be forever known as the L.o.D

Legion of DoOOOM!!!111!!!

etk
12-12-2008, 04:29 PM
He could play all 3 positions in our defense. He would be best at MLB or WLB.

I don't agree with YFS. In a Tampa 2, the MLB is very much a sideline-to-sideline player and is important in coverage. Barrett Ruud is not overly strong or physical, but he manages fine. Laurinaitis reminds me of Ruud but more explosive and quick. He's also a better blitzer at this point in his career.

STARHEATHER
12-13-2008, 01:04 PM
problem is barrett ruud is your measuring stick. that is why you fail. did you see the monday night game? 300 yds rushing, missing tackles huge gougung gaping runs. thats exactly whats going to happen to laurinitis

illmatic74
12-13-2008, 01:06 PM
problem is barrett ruud is your measuring stick. that is why you fail. did you see the monday night game? 300 yds rushing, missing tackles huge gougung gaping runs. thats exactly whats going to happen to laurinitisYou obviously didn't see the game or any NFL game because Rudd has been playing pro bowl caliber football this year.

STARHEATHER
12-13-2008, 01:08 PM
welkl he wasnt playing at a pro bowl level in thnis last game. he got run over. im glad i dont have to see that soft bunch a lot. watching them play football is vomit inducing. its like ive been transported to 1988.

illmatic74
12-13-2008, 01:12 PM
welkl he wasnt playing at a pro bowl level in thnis last game. he got run over. im glad i dont have to see that soft bunch a lot. watching them play football is vomit inducing. its like ive been transported to 1988.First of all =your post was stupid and hilarious. Also Tampa Bay had one bad game. They are still the sixth best defense in the NFL.

STARHEATHER
12-13-2008, 01:20 PM
they dont play very many good teams. they got an nfc north/ afc west schedule. recipe for overrated stats.

CroomDawgs
12-13-2008, 01:21 PM
Yea they don't play many good teams, even though everyone in their division is .500 or better and they played those teams twice. Your a genious.

captainjack27
12-13-2008, 01:34 PM
they dont play very many good teams. they got an nfc north/ afc west schedule. recipe for overrated stats.

HAHAHAHAHAHA omg...thank you...THAT was funny. Ignore the fact they play in the best and toughest division in football...

STARHEATHER
12-13-2008, 01:37 PM
their division has all above 500 because theyre playing afc west nfc north schedule. i dont see any of them winning a playoff game unless they play each other or nfc north

CashmoneyDrew
12-13-2008, 01:39 PM
It's funny how you laugh at another team's schedule being easy and dismiss the division schedule while at the same time you put the Steelers up there as one of the greatest teams ever when they play in the same division as Cincinnati and Cleveland.

CroomDawgs
12-13-2008, 01:41 PM
their division has all above 500 because theyre playing afc west nfc north schedule. i dont see any of them winning a playoff game unless they play each other or nfc north

You're absolutely clueless aren't you. Pittsburgh gets to play the Browns and Bengals twice, who are prolly worse than any team in those division not from the city of oakland.

STARHEATHER
12-13-2008, 01:44 PM
those teams in the steelers didvision are only bad teams because they play in the steelers division. cincy and cleve have put up some battles vs good teams. they just arent good enough to be better than steelers or balt. cincy took philly and nyg to ot and challeneged dal. cleve beat nyg. its the schedule

captainjack27
12-13-2008, 01:47 PM
It's funny how you laugh at another team's schedule being easy and dismiss the division schedule while at the same time you put the Steelers up there as one of the greatest teams ever when they play in the same division as Cincinnati and Cleveland.

To be fair though (I'M NOT DEFENDING THIS JOKER, JUST MY TEAM) Pitt does get cincy and Cleveland. But they had an extremely difficult schedule this year. It was ridiculous. Pretty much every game was a big game for the last month and a half.

CashmoneyDrew
12-13-2008, 01:49 PM
those teams in the steelers didvision are only bad teams because they play in the steelers division. cincy and cleve have put up some battles vs good teams. they just arent good enough to be better than steelers or balt. cincy took philly and nyg to ot and challeneged dal. cleve beat nyg. its the schedule

Hmmmm, they're only bad because they are in the same division as Baltimore and Pittsburgh? What happened to all of the times that you said they were bad because they draft horribly? Which one is it?

illmatic74
12-13-2008, 01:49 PM
To be fair though (I'M NOT DEFENDING THIS JOKER, JUST MY TEAM) Pitt does get cincy and Cleveland. But they had an extremely difficult schedule this year. It was ridiculous. Pretty much every game was a big game for the last month and a half.The Steelers this year have one of the toughest scheldules I have seen.

CroomDawgs
12-13-2008, 01:50 PM

Cincinnati is 1-11-1. Its not the schedules fault, they are awful. Cleveland underachieves like no other. U wanna talk about putting up fghts? Look at the KC Chiefs the past 5 weeks, besides buffalo they've nearly knocked off Denver (lost by 7), New Orleans (10), San Diego (1), Tampa Bay (3), and the Jets (4).

CashmoneyDrew
12-13-2008, 01:51 PM
To be fair though (I'M NOT DEFENDING THIS JOKER, JUST MY TEAM) Pitt does get cincy and Cleveland. But they had an extremely difficult schedule this year. It was ridiculous. Pretty much every game was a big game for the last month and a half.

I know, I only criticized their division schedule and still only then because of Starheather.

CroomDawgs
12-13-2008, 01:52 PM

I agree Pitts had the toughest schedule in football no question, my point here though is that he is bashing divisional opponents when Pitt has two of the worst teams in football in theres.

captainjack27
12-13-2008, 01:54 PM
I know, I only criticized their division schedule and still only then because of Starheather.

Ahh, starheather is legitimate reason enough.