PDA

View Full Version : Bradford considering NFL Draft?

thebow305
12-11-2008, 01:48 AM
http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=3760347

Says he will explore all his options this offseason. Interesting.

jayceheathman
12-11-2008, 01:52 AM
I'm sure every prospect that can enter is exploring the option of doing so.

OneToughGame
12-11-2008, 01:56 AM
I think he'll declare.

Paranoidmoonduck
12-11-2008, 02:11 AM
Not all that interesting. Everyone examines their options.

What kind of response the draft committee will give is the interesting part. We all figure that Bradford has the shot of going quite high, but I wonder if the people that the committee poll will feel the same way. I fully expect people to be fairly divided on a guy who has had the pleasure of directing that offense, so I don't think it's out of the realm of possibility that Bradford gets a less positive response from the committee than he might have expected.

WMD
12-11-2008, 02:11 AM
If he wins the National Championship, I think he's in. His only other motivation would be to win the Heisman..

thebow305
12-11-2008, 02:23 AM
If he wins the National Championship, I think he's in. His only other motivation would be to win the Heisman..

And he could do both, maybe Sooner than later.

Haha, I made a joke, kind of. ;)

kmartin575
12-11-2008, 02:28 AM
One factor I would consider if I were him is the fact that 4 of the 5 starting offensive linemen for Oklahoma are seniors, at least i'm pretty sure that is the case. If so, does he really want to return behind a less experienced offensive line where he is going to get hit alot more and he might not have as good of a season? The questions of playing in a spread offense are going to be there whether he comes out this year or next. I think his stock right now is the highest it will be. I think it would help his development to wait one more year but I think he will be drafted higher if he comes out this year.

Paranoidmoonduck
12-11-2008, 03:01 AM
One factor I would consider if I were him is the fact that 4 of the 5 starting offensive linemen for Oklahoma are seniors, at least i'm pretty sure that is the case. If so, does he really want to return behind a less experienced offensive line where he is going to get hit alot more and he might not have as good of a season?

This is partially true, although he figures to have one of the best left tackles in the college game next year even after losing Loadholt. Personally, I'd like to see Bradford under more pressure than he was under this year.

Menardo75
12-11-2008, 03:02 AM
Everyone is going to explore their options.

Scott Wright
12-11-2008, 03:47 AM
He'd be crazy not to.

TheGM
12-11-2008, 08:17 AM
a Heisman or a championship and he is gone. He's had 27 starts and the senior QB class isn't that good so he could earn 10 plus million in guaranteed money if he comes out. Hard to pas up.

12-11-2008, 08:31 AM
I also don't expect a great response from the committee. He'll be back.

ElectricEye
12-11-2008, 11:13 AM
I think he'll probably come out. He would be the consensus number two quarterback this year. With the threat of capping rookie salaries and the number of teams looking for a quarterback at the top of the first round, that could be equal to being the best at his position next year.

whatadai
12-11-2008, 01:47 PM
I think he'll bust if he comes out.

Babylon
12-11-2008, 03:05 PM
Just a prediction, i think he comes out and probably slides a little. Maybe to a Minnesota or a Detroit (Dallas pick). Good value in the second half of round 1 and probably needs at least a year to sit and watch.

BBIB
12-11-2008, 04:42 PM
I think it will totally be on how he fairs in the post-season between the Heisman and the big game.

No reason to come back IMO when you are rated as high as he is and the fact that his team is losing all that talent

STARHEATHER
12-11-2008, 06:37 PM
crazy to not come out. you have a lock city bust whos guaranteed 40 mil if he comes out at his curent ranking. i shudder to think what might happen to him without all those first rd picks on his offense. if he actually has to move back there or make a play on his own, hes going to slip. hes going to slip when he works out anyway but remember the draft clueless teams at the top. hell be picked high. teams that draft poorly love hype. whoever the most hyped player is with all the awards is generally the types they go after. and thus they pick high again. should come out surely. its never going to get any better for him at ou than it is now

Gribble
12-11-2008, 06:45 PM
And he could do both, maybe Sooner than later.

Haha, I made a joke, kind of. ;)

I think that qualifies as a pun.

Very nice.

holt_bruce81
12-11-2008, 07:40 PM
Why not come out? He's losing a boatload of players on Offense.

Babylon
12-11-2008, 07:51 PM
crazy to not come out. you have a lock city bust whos guaranteed 40 mil if he comes out at his curent ranking. i shudder to think what might happen to him without all those first rd picks on his offense. if he actually has to move back there or make a play on his own, hes going to slip. hes going to slip when he works out anyway but remember the draft clueless teams at the top. hell be picked high. teams that draft poorly love hype. whoever the most hyped player is with all the awards is generally the types they go after. and thus they pick high again. should come out surely. its never going to get any better for him at ou than it is now

You're starting to make sense.:o

STARHEATHER
12-11-2008, 07:59 PM
its too much money to pass up and its not going to get better than it is now. nowhere to go but down. hes the big bust of this draft if he gets picked high but hey hes a heisman winner and maybe a championship and hell be a hero to the sooner world and hell have 40 mil guaranteed in the bank. not bad either way. god touches everyone in different ways i guess. no nfl greatness but local legend status and 40 mil in the stash aint bad

jnew76
12-11-2008, 08:09 PM

I could not disagree more. It takes a special player to captain a ship with all that talent. Bradford is an Ice Cold Assasin. He utilizes every weapon in his arsenal. I have never seen him rattled. His arm strength and mobility are underrated. He gets the ball exactly where it needs to go time after time. He is the QB in this draft (if he comes out) I would want in this draft to rebuild my team around.

Vikes99ej
12-11-2008, 08:09 PM
He'd be crazy not to.

Consider or actually declare?

STARHEATHER
12-11-2008, 08:14 PM
my problem is his sub nfl level physical skills. i think in college the line between great teams and losing teams is much wider than in the nfl. i myself dont try to measure intangibles. its hard to see into a mans mind. what i see is a guy profiting from the gulf between his team and most of the others. nothing wrong with that. and he may be a great leader etc but it doesnt change that hes shorter than prototype and his throwing arm isnt even mediocre nfl level. he just reminds me of brady quinn. great intangibles, winning good, looks great on college. but when you work him out and meausre him and watch him throw its not top 10 pick level. hes throwing the ball to a lot of wide open guys. i dont know how his arm and mobility are underrated. i would say more overrated based on his current status

Vikes99ej
12-11-2008, 08:21 PM
my problem is his sub nfl level physical skills. i think in college the line between great teams and losing teams is much wider than in the nfl. i myself dont try to measure intangibles. its hard to see into a mans mind. what i see is a guy profiting from the gulf between his team and most of the others. nothing wrong with that. and he may be a great leader etc but it doesnt change that hes shorter than prototype and his throwing arm isnt even mediocre nfl level. he just reminds me of brady quinn. great intangibles, winning good, looks great on college. but when you work him out and meausre him and watch him throw its not top 10 pick level. hes throwing the ball to a lot of wide open guys. i dont know how his arm and mobility are underrated. i would say more overrated based on his current status

If a tyrannosaurus rex ate you, I wouldn't care. I would probably laugh.

STARHEATHER
12-11-2008, 08:27 PM
im not sure why youre so upset about it. but ive put out my case why hes bust. agree disagree fine but there it is. its been said

renegade
12-11-2008, 08:29 PM
If I were to compare Bradford to anyone it would be Phillip Rivers. Bradford is deadly accurate just like Rivers and can read defenses. Bradford comes off as an intelligent guy who knows how to handle the mental aspects of football and be a steady level headed leader.

STARHEATHER
12-11-2008, 08:35 PM
hes about 3 inches shorter with not as good throwing arm. maybe athletically similar to pr which isnt all that great but in body and arm i cant agree with the assesment

jnew76
12-11-2008, 08:39 PM
hes about 3 inches shorter with not as good throwing arm. maybe athletically similar to pr which isnt all that great but in body and arm i cant agree with the assesment

How tall do you think he is? He is listed at 6'4 and looks every bit of it next to Loadholt and Co. I think he will measure at least 6'3.5"

renegade
12-11-2008, 08:41 PM
Bradford is 6'4" so he has the height so that point is nullified.

Bradford doesn't have a cannon like Brett Farve, Jamarcus Russell, Kyle Boller or Matt Stafford but his arm strength is more than adequate.

He stays in the pocket and remains poised while under pressure. He has amazing touch on the football and can get the throws off under pressure and make them so that tells me that his lack of speed is somewhat un-concerning. Like I said previously he plays with a calm leadership and makes good descisions.

Paranoidmoonduck
12-11-2008, 09:25 PM
He stays in the pocket and remains poised while under pressure.

What pressure?

bearsfan_51
12-11-2008, 09:27 PM
If a tyrannosaurus rex ate you, I wouldn't care. I would probably laugh.

Isn't that the case with pretty much everyone?

Staubach12
12-12-2008, 12:04 AM
If I were to compare Bradford to anyone it would be Phillip Rivers. Bradford is deadly accurate just like Rivers and can read defenses. Bradford comes off as an intelligent guy who knows how to handle the mental aspects of football and be a steady level headed leader.

That's not a bad comparison. Also, they both throw very pretty balls. They slice through the air nicely.

MitchRobStew
12-12-2008, 12:22 AM
How many times has he actually dropped back in college?

How often does he face any pressure?

How many times does he have to force a ball into a small window?

Bradford has all day to throw. It isn't difficult to throw an accurate ball when you have all day to do so. He throws to a couple of amazing wide receivers, a first round tight end, has a couple of great running back in the backfield and has by far the best o-line in college football keeping him on his feet. He works almost exclusively from the shotgun formation, runs a no huddle a ton of the time getting the plays from the sideline. His arm strength is average. He is Matt Leinart minus the experience throwing in a pro style offense.

I think he is a great college QB, but he has too much going against him to be drafted as high as many think.

Vikes99ej
12-12-2008, 12:24 AM
Isn't that the case with pretty much everyone?

The hate was pulsing through me. I had to say something.

Mouse
12-12-2008, 09:48 AM
last night at the college football awards show seeing Tebow sit next to Bradford, Tebow looks like he could crush Bradford's head with his hands.

has nothing to do with how they will turn out, but is was still a sight to see

jth1331
12-12-2008, 02:07 PM
I laugh at people hating on Bradford. Bradford has deadly accuracy, I've seen every game and he has thrown a lot of PERFECT passes. Its not like he just has to hit a wide open WR. His decision making is also excellent. His arm strength is just as good as Tom Brady's. His accuracy is amazing. He's smart and knows where to go with the football, great touch.
Plus, if he does come back next year, people will STILL talk about all the weapons he has at his disposal. He'll still have good WR's to throw to, he will still have Murray and Brown, the OL will be solid(they have gotten experience playing this year btw) and the defense should be deadly with virtually most starters underclassmen.

Habibi
12-12-2008, 02:20 PM

Matt Hasselbeck is a more apt comparison to Bradford.

georgiafan
12-12-2008, 02:23 PM
I laugh at people hating on Bradford. Bradford has deadly accuracy, I've seen every game and he has thrown a lot of PERFECT passes. Its not like he just has to hit a wide open WR. His decision making is also excellent. His arm strength is just as good as Tom Brady's. His accuracy is amazing. He's smart and knows where to go with the football, great touch.
Plus, if he does come back next year, people will STILL talk about all the weapons he has at his disposal. He'll still have good WR's to throw to, he will still have Murray and Brown, the OL will be solid(they have gotten experience playing this year btw) and the defense should be deadly with virtually most starters underclassmen.

It's easy to make good decisions when you have all day to throw and there is HB/WR/TE wide open on every play.

Babylon
12-12-2008, 02:44 PM

I think you're underestimating Brady's arm strenght first of all. Having said that i don't hold it against Bradford for doing what he's doing. What he is going to have to show in workouts or combines or whatever is that he can make all the throws you need to succeed in the NFL. He doesn't need a Tom Brady arm to be a good pro but he needs an arm to be thought of as a top 5 pick.