PDA

View Full Version : 2nd round Pass-Rushers

BuckDawg23
12-11-2008, 02:35 AM
Who are the top pass-rushers in this draft that look to fall out of the 1st round? Preferably 34 OLB's that could go in the 2nd round range?

megansett56BC
12-11-2008, 08:49 PM
Well if Mark Herzlich comes out, he could be on the late 1st, early 2nd range. He's been good on the blitz this year, and I think he could be a very good 3-4 OLB type if he adds 10-15 lbs.

Larry English is a possibility if he works out well, but he's likely more of a 3rd rounder as of now. But there's a good chance he could go 2nd round.

Babylon
12-11-2008, 10:12 PM
[QUOTE=megansett56BC;1365265]Well if Mark Herzlich comes out, he could be on the late 1st, early 2nd range. He's been good on the blitz this year, and I think he could be a very good 3-4 OLB type if he adds 10-15 lbs.

I think the only way Herzlich would come out is if he got a 1st round projection. Probably a top 10 pick next year so i dont know how he would slip to the second this year.

I would add Michael Johnson to the 2nd round pass rushers this year.

renegade
12-11-2008, 10:21 PM
Jerry Hughes DE TCU- Very productive and fluid athlete whos stock is currently around the 2nd-3rd round range but I think he could and will rise to be the prospect that Tommy Blake was supposed to be.

Jermaine Cunningham- A taller, light and quick DE in the mold of Jarvis Moss

Austin English- This guy is lightning off of the edge he is supremely quick, if he tests well I think he could become a first round pick, has durability issues. As a DE he is one dimensional as a pass rusher and isn't great in the run game.

Sergio Kindle- Really raw, but is a supreme athlete who would be worth a look in round 2. This is his first good season so beware the 'one year wonder'. He is only 239 pounds as well so he could stand to gain some weight.

Connor Barwin- A converted TE who has played extremely well as a DE and looks like he could become a stud 3-4 OLB. He also played basketball when the team was supressed with injuries, so he is pretty athletic.

SuperKevin
12-11-2008, 11:18 PM
I'd say with great workouts you'll find Connor Barwin in round 2.

Bob Sacamano
12-11-2008, 11:53 PM
Uconn DE Cody Brown
Cal OLB Zack Follett (Cal runs a 3-4)

ChiFan24
12-13-2008, 12:42 AM
Well if Mark Herzlich comes out, he could be on the late 1st, early 2nd range. He's been good on the blitz this year, and I think he could be a very good 3-4 OLB type if he adds 10-15 lbs

Being a good blitzing LB doesn't make you a good 3-4 OLB...they're basically DEs'.

Mr. Stiller
12-13-2008, 12:57 AM
Uconn DE Cody Brown
Cal OLB Zack Follett (Cal runs a 3-4)

Follett is on my shortlist of guys I'd go for if Larry English gets drafted before we can take him.

SenorGato
12-13-2008, 02:27 AM
Being a good blitzing LB doesn't make you a good 3-4 OLB...they're basically DEs'.

Yea...no. They're linebacker.

Actually, I like Herzlich inside or outside. I like his coverage skills better inside in a 3-4.

ChiFan24
12-13-2008, 03:00 AM
Yea...no. They're linebacker.

Yes, and DE's. They're expected to rush the passer and take on OTs. In fact, its a hybrid position of sorts. It's almost as if people should call it a hybrid DE/OLB [/heavy sarcasm].

EDIT: Wait, you're a Jets fan? All 3 of your top OLBs played DE in college. Why is this even an argument?

Point is, everything I've seen from Herzlich says 4-3 OLB. If you want to blitz with him every once in a while, that's great, but he has no business taking on NFL OT's.

HellonEarth84
12-13-2008, 03:48 AM
Michael Johnson will slip.

He needs to add 15-20lbs and could use some work on his technique. He will be a project for any team that drafts him.

Mr. Stiller
12-13-2008, 11:05 AM
Yes, and DE's. They're expected to rush the passer and take on OTs. In fact, its a hybrid position of sorts. It's almost as if people should call it a hybrid DE/OLB [/heavy sarcasm].

EDIT: Wait, you're a Jets fan? All 3 of your top OLBs played DE in college. Why is this even an argument?

Point is, everything I've seen from Herzlich says 4-3 OLB. If you want to blitz with him every once in a while, that's great, but he has no business taking on NFL OT's.

I saw that too. Great Sam in a 4-3 though.