PDA

View Full Version : LB from last year??

stretch14
12-11-2008, 11:44 AM
So I was wondering with all the hype about this years LB class who so far has been the best LB in your eyes from last years draft class both ILB and OLB?

My vote for ILB has to go to Jerod Mayo who is one of the patriots best defenders so far this year and OLB i'm gonna have to go with Undrafted Rookie Wesley Woodyard who as of late has been a beast for the Broncos.

So your thoughts?

Yatta!
12-11-2008, 12:11 PM
Curtis Lofton has played well too and Keith Rivers was one of the few good things on the Bengals' defense before he got injured.

I think Mayo has been the best though.

RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES
12-11-2008, 12:16 PM
has to be mayo

the decider13
12-11-2008, 12:18 PM
I'm gonna go with a combo of what you both said. Curtis Lofton has been great in Atlanta, but Woodyard has destroyed for the Broncos recently. Doesn't even bother me that they lost Boss for the season. Now if only there was a steady mlb on the broncos, they would be set.

bethemooseman7
12-11-2008, 12:20 PM
Xavier Adibi has played pretty well, too. Alex Hall has been pretty good. Mayo is definitely the best of the bunch, though.

ElectricEye
12-11-2008, 12:35 PM
Mayo. That's an easy one. He's been playing at an elite level. Great at coming up and hitting people, and he's made some real nice plays in coverage as well. His speed is pretty ridiculous. Keith Rivers deserves a lot of credit as well, he was playing great before his injury.

Another name that I want to throw out there is Gary Guyton. He hasn't been on the field much, but when he has he's looked like the real deal. Fully expect him to be starting for us along with Mayo at some point in the near future. Easily one of the fastest LB's in the NFL.

SenorGato
12-11-2008, 12:45 PM
Vernon Gholston lol

ChezPower4
12-11-2008, 01:16 PM
Vernon Gholston lol

Does he even play on third downs? I have not seen nor heard about him since preseason.

whatadai
12-11-2008, 01:56 PM
Alex Hall has been pretty good..
Hall has been quiet for weeks after a good start. But I doubt he sees the field much anyways.

Babylon
12-11-2008, 03:09 PM
This years group is much stronger. Before his injury i thought Rivers was the best. Mayo has done well but really struggles in pass coverage in the games i've seen him play.

ElectricEye
12-11-2008, 03:32 PM
This years group is much stronger. Before his injury i thought Rivers was the best. Mayo has done well but really struggles in pass coverage in the games i've seen him play.

I don't think that's much of a problem with him. He seems to have a pretty good understanding of space and the windows that quarterbacks throw through. I've seen him make quite a few plays playing out this year. He hasn't been great, but I wouldn't say he struggles at all.

Babylon
12-11-2008, 04:32 PM
I don't think that's much of a problem with him. He seems to have a pretty good understanding of space and the windows that quarterbacks throw through. I've seen him make quite a few plays playing out this year. He hasn't been great, but I wouldn't say he struggles at all.

He struggled against John Carlson (8 catches) but he looks solid. I think they need to keep adding to that LB corps there.

Staggart
12-11-2008, 05:41 PM
why are Virginia techs senior linebackers not getting any recognition? I know they have only played one year each but they should at least get some looks

http://virginiatech.rivals.com/cviewplayer.asp?Player=1636 << 2nd in team in tackles for a top ten defense

http://virginiatech.rivals.com/cviewplayer.asp?Player=38714 << undersized but leads the team in tackles