PDA

View Full Version : Packers-Jaguars, Week 15

GB12
12-11-2008, 04:56 PM
Great news, Chillar might be back.

Yatta!
12-14-2008, 10:57 AM
An hour before the game and no one has replied to this thread yet. That's what our season has become - uninteresting. Still a win would pick my spirits up.

TitleTown088
12-14-2008, 12:43 PM
The simpsons are on instead of the game. Sweet.

umphrey
12-14-2008, 01:30 PM
Finley is good for at least one major screw up in every game he plays. I hope he learns the game better because physically he does look like the real deal.

GB12
12-14-2008, 01:31 PM
Why the hell did we not call a timeout on that?

And JerMichael Finley needs to be shut down for the year. Talented player and loads of potential, but he is not NFL ready. Too many mistakes by him this year. Everytime I remember seeing him in he has messed up. Sit him down the rest of the year on the inactive list and coach him up in the offseason, because he's clearly not ready yet.

umphrey
12-14-2008, 01:49 PM
I'm so sick of hearing the announcers say "bad news for the Jaguars, now they have to face Rodgers on 3rd down".

Because we just like waiting for 3rd down to play football...we intentionally had a 1 yard run and incomplete pass just to set up this 3rd and 9...

umphrey
12-14-2008, 02:27 PM
FB dive fails again...so many other better options especially for our team. Give it to the RB, he can at least jump the pile. Three back set, any short pass to the TE, even QB sneak would all be better choices IMO. I'd rather see us line up with 4 receivers in shotgun than that play. Our line just doesn't power block...why depend on the matchup of Wells vs Henderson and the running skills of Kuhn?

TitleTown088
12-14-2008, 02:44 PM
James Jones is still on the team apparently...

TitleTown088
12-14-2008, 02:48 PM
Oh man, the gam eis on the line for the defense. Is this position familiar???? Just waiting for a chokejob here.

GB12
12-14-2008, 03:04 PM
Same ****** thing everytime.

TitleTown088
12-14-2008, 03:05 PM
defense collapses late 4th quarter. Rodgers pick. Like a freaking book.

GB12
12-14-2008, 03:05 PM
Jesus Christ, next week when we get to the two minute warning I'm just going to put in a tape from one of the previous 5 weeks.

Boston
12-14-2008, 03:24 PM
And this is why I stopped watching weeks ago.

princefielder28
12-14-2008, 03:27 PM
I was on a bus all day but the results were far too familiar

GB12
12-14-2008, 03:28 PM
And this is why I stopped watching weeks ago.
Well that's because you're a bandwagon fan.

roughrider30
12-14-2008, 03:29 PM
Very depressing.... and now I have to watch the Vikes win. awesome.

Yatta!
12-14-2008, 03:37 PM
They showed Atlanta-Tampa here and every time our box score flashed up, you knew what was happening. There is no belief in this team anymore.

Boston
12-14-2008, 04:49 PM
Well that's because you're a bandwagon fan.

I check in, I don't watch, not like I used to.

EvilMonkey
12-14-2008, 05:02 PM
I check in, I don't watch, not like I used to.

yeah, i'm the same way kinda. Havent gotten together with people to watch the game in a few weeks. Have it on but lately have been paying more attention to whatever I'm doing on my computer or watching a movie while watching the game. Still watch and still care, but definitely not as die-hard as I was in the beginning of the year. So weird because even during the 4-12 year i couldnt take my eyes off any game, but this year the way this team just chokes games away and pisses me off, I find it easy for my mind to wander away from the games at times, something that's never happened with me before.

Twiddler
12-14-2008, 07:32 PM
I've done the same lately, but I've been at the library studying the last few weeks during the games, so if I wasn't drowning in schoolwork I would definitely watch.

NickCollins36
12-14-2008, 07:40 PM
This season is lost anyways so look at the bright side...
its improving our draft picks :)

GB12
12-14-2008, 07:46 PM
This season is lost anyways so look at the bright side...
its improving our draft picks :)
The highest we can pick is 5th, the lowest is 15th.

EvilMonkey
12-14-2008, 07:49 PM
The highest we can pick is 5th, the lowest is 15th.

hoping we end up somewhere in the middle, 5th would be nice but losing to the Lions would be unacceptable unless they beat NO next week and them beating us doesnt stop 0-16 from happening.

GB12
12-14-2008, 07:50 PM
hoping we end up somewhere in the middle, 5th would be nice but losing to the Lions would be unacceptable unless they beat NO next week and them beating us doesnt stop 0-16 from happening.
That's a horrible way to think. Losing to the Lions is unacceptable no matter what happens next week.

johbur
12-14-2008, 09:40 PM
The worst thing about having such high draft picks is that TT will just keep trading down, and he'll end up with 20 players...

GB12
12-14-2008, 09:45 PM
The worst thing about having such high draft picks is that TT will just keep trading down, and he'll end up with 20 players...
Like when he traded down from 5 instead of picking AJ Hawk? Or like when he traded down from 16 instead of taking Justin Harrell? The only time he has traded down in the first was when we had a late pick.

umphrey
12-14-2008, 11:27 PM
I just hope we touch FA this year. Last 2-3 years I've been happy with us staying away but we might be inclined to make a splash this offseason.

GB12
12-14-2008, 11:35 PM
I just hope we touch FA this year. Last 2-3 years I've been happy with us staying away but we might be inclined to make a splash this offseason.
Yeah, I'm glad we stayed out of it because there was no one worth paying. This year's class is amazing before re-siging and franchise tags, and should still be great after. I've got a feeling that Thompson will go for someone this season. He doesn't like to overpay for slight improvements, but will show the money if the talent is there which there should be this year.

Smokey
12-15-2008, 10:28 AM
I've heard whispers that the Packers will make a run at Albert Haynesworth this offseason. That and a stud DE in the draft would make a world of difference.

Also heard an interesting statistic in the broadcast this weekend. The Packers are now 0-6 in games this season deceided by 4 points or less. Obviously the problem is the huge chunks of yardage given up by the defense late in games but is probably symptomatic of the lack of fire we've seen from the Packers this year.

umphrey
12-15-2008, 10:30 AM
I'd rather have Peppers and draft a DT. My hopes will probably be shattered when he gets franchised though. Haynesworth might actually hit FA.

Smokey
12-15-2008, 03:59 PM
I'd rather have Peppers and draft a DT. My hopes will probably be shattered when he gets franchised though. Haynesworth might actually hit FA.

Haynesworth will. He was franchised last year and apparently included in his tender agreement was a provision precluding the Titans from franchising him again this year.

GB12
12-15-2008, 08:48 PM
Haynseworth would be a much better signing, but there's no way he gets away from the Titans.

PACKmanN
12-15-2008, 08:50 PM
I don't want Peppers or Haynesworth. Jenkins is a solid starter for this team and Haynesworth will go back to be an average player, plus he a better UT then NT.

GB12
12-15-2008, 09:06 PM
I don't want Peppers or Haynesworth. Jenkins is a solid starter for this team and Haynesworth will go back to be an average player, plus he a better UT then NT.I'm a huge fan of Jenkins. I'm not so big on Peppers, though I'd certainly wouldn't complain if we signed him, because I think Jenkins is more than fine at DE. Haynseworth on the other hand would be incredible. I think it's ridiculous when people push off all his success because he was in a contract year.

umphrey
12-16-2008, 01:35 AM
Well I guess our run defense (up front) and pass rush are two glaring weaknesses, and they are both premier players no matter how you look at it. Just a matter of preference I guess. Personally I want Peppers because it allows Jenkins to both move inside and get some snaps at end, that is if we would ever take Peppers or Kampman off the field.

I'd drool over this front 4 when it comes to run defense
Jenkins - Haynesworth - Pickett/Jolly - Kampman

And I'd drool over this front 4 when it comes to pass rush
Peppers - Jenkins - Pickett/Jolly - Kampman