PDA

View Full Version : Lions interested in trading Bell?

TacticaLion
03-03-2007, 03:20 PM
From mlive.com:
Rumor of Bell trade to Giants won't go away
In the course of talking to people around the league today, the rumor that the Giants want to trade for Tatum Bell just won't go away. Some pretty good sources are insisting that something is in the works.

All I can tell you is that every indication that I've gotten is that the Lions traded for Bell because they wanted to play him, not trade him. Does that mean that they wouldn't consider a deal if they were getting great compensation? No, but I still believe the Lions just filled one of their needs with a speed guy with a good track record and they don't want to give themselves another hole to fill just to get another draft choice.

Now, this is free agency and everybody lies and I might be getting sold a bill of goods and I accept that possibility. However, until I hear otherwise, I believe the Giants' desire to get Bell and the Lions' desire to get rid of him are two entirely different things.

Iamcanadian
03-03-2007, 03:29 PM
I read we already released Bell to FA. Any team is now free to sign him without compensation. Bly and Hall were not FA's and hence we could negotiate to trade them prior to releasing them.

Mythos
03-03-2007, 03:36 PM
I read we already released Bell to FA. Any team is now free to sign him without compensation. Bly and Hall were not FA's and hence we could negotiate to trade them prior to releasing them.

You've got it mixed up with coach favorite--Marcus Bell.

princefielder28
03-03-2007, 03:37 PM
The Lions going to get thermselves more draft picks????