PDA

View Full Version : Jermaine Gresham

ManOverboard
12-16-2008, 01:19 PM
I have a source who talks to Jermaine and he is leaning towards staying as of right now because he wants to get his degree primarily. Of course this all could change but even after everyone telling him he's a first round lock at school he is still saying he wants to get his degree first and foremost.

Menardo75
12-16-2008, 02:51 PM
I don't know how you could turn it down if you are a legit first round prospect. You can still finish your degree later on.

ManOverboard
12-16-2008, 03:05 PM
That's what I said to the kid that told me.

Top 15 money buys a LOT of night classes.

Crimson79
12-17-2008, 09:52 PM
That's what I said to the kid that told me.

Top 15 money buys a LOT of night classes.

If your friend a Freshman at OU?

Scott Wright
12-17-2008, 09:53 PM
I have heard Gresham is leaning towards staying as well...

We will see though. In my opinion he is absolutely the #1 TE in this draft if he comes out.

DetroitInDaHouse
12-17-2008, 09:56 PM
I have heard Gresham is leaning towards staying as well...

We will see though. In my opinion he is absolutely the #1 TE in this draft if he comes out.

Which would you rather have at te. The best blocker or best reciever? Cause pettigrew seems like a great blocker and gresham is a great reciever.

Scott Wright
12-17-2008, 10:06 PM
Which would you rather have at te. The best blocker or best reciever? Cause pettigrew seems like a great blocker and gresham is a great reciever.

That's is generally true. However...

There isn't as much separating Gresham from Pettigrew as a blocker as there is separating Pettigrew from Gresham as a receiver.

If that makes any sense...

coordinator0
12-17-2008, 10:26 PM

There isn't as much separating Gresham from Pettigrew as a blocker as there is separating Pettigrew from Gresham as a receiver.

That makes perfect sense to me. Although Gresham is a great receiver, he is also a pretty good blocker. Where do you think he ranks compared to some of the other TE prospects that have come out in recent years?

Scott Wright
12-17-2008, 10:30 PM
Where do you think he ranks compared to some of the other TE prospects that have come out in recent years?

I'll just go with the first tight end's drafted recently:

Duster Keller - Gresham is Better
Greg Olsen - Gresham is Better
Vernon Davis - Gresham is Not as Good
Heath Miller - Gresham is Better
Kellen Winslow - Gresham is Not as Good
Dallas Clark - Gresham is Better
Jeremy Shockey - It's Close but I Will Go With Shockey

In my opinion Gresham is a legitimate mid-first rounder and the best tight end prospect to come along in the last three years.

PACKmanN
12-17-2008, 10:31 PM

so whats the point of taking Gresham early when you could pretty much get a similar player during the second? Because based on what your telling me, and others, I don't see why a team would take him that high when they can get someone later.

LonghornsLegend
12-17-2008, 11:34 PM
Pettigrew catches the ball just as well as Gresham in the games I've seen, the difference is Gresham is more explosive and runs very fluid routes, but both have very reliable hands it's just that Gresham gives you more versatility, that shouldn't be confused with catching ability in general.

I prefer Pettigrew because he's more complete, it's almost like asking would you rather have Kellen Winslow Jr. or Jason Witten, neither is a wrong pick but alot of teams would favor someone that can be an asset in the running game just as much as the passing game.

Scott Wright
12-18-2008, 12:33 AM
so whats the point of taking Gresham early when you could pretty much get a similar player during the second? Because based on what your telling me, and others, I don't see why a team would take him that high when they can get someone later.

I don't think anyone could get a tight end like Gresham in round two...

ManOverboard
12-18-2008, 02:45 AM
If your friend a Freshman at OU?

Can't reveal my sources.

villagewarrior
12-18-2008, 11:11 AM
Gresham, to me, looks like a faster version of Tony Gonzalez. A little taller, but the size and athleticism look awfully familiar to me.

ManOverboard
01-14-2009, 11:01 PM
(tooting own horn)

CashmoneyDrew
01-14-2009, 11:22 PM
Booooo....

I wanted him as a Titan.

jnew76
01-14-2009, 11:57 PM
Boo... Mizzou has not covered him a single play in 2 years and now I get to see him do it some more.

gator3guy
01-15-2009, 01:54 AM
I thought for sure he was gone after the NC game he had. I guess education, along with Bradford coming back played a big part.