PDA

View Full Version : Safeties not named Moore/Mays

foozball
12-16-2008, 05:36 PM
William Moore and Taylor Mays get all the pub, but not many people talk about the rest. Rashad Johnson did get some attention after his what...10 intercept game, but still not many of the other safeties are receiving any talk. Louis Delmas is quickly becoming a draftnik favorite, but still not much is really known about him.

I'm particularly interested in:

David Bruton
Otis Wiley
Patrick Chung

etk
12-16-2008, 05:40 PM
EMANUEL COOK EMANUEL COOK EMANUEL COOK.

Best safety in the draft if he declares.

Louis Delmas is very good. The reason he's rising so much is because he has good range and he's a hard hitter who loves to throw his body around and make contact. He plays like Tanard Jackson but he looks more built.

Not as high on Moore, Johnson, Wiley and Bruton. I like Mays and Chung.

Cigaro
12-16-2008, 05:43 PM
EMANUEL COOK EMANUEL COOK EMANUEL COOK.

Best safety in the draft if he declares.

Louis Delmas is very good. The reason he's rising so much is because he has good range and he's a hard hitter who loves to throw his body around and make contact. He plays like Tanard Jackson but he looks more built.

Not as high on Moore, Johnson, Wiley and Bruton. I like Mays and Chung.

He's declaring. No other way to explain him not showing up for any classes the past few weeks.

CashmoneyDrew
12-16-2008, 05:45 PM
Just wait another year for Eric Berry! :)

foozball
12-16-2008, 05:47 PM
ah yes, i want to know about cook as well. only reason why i didnt list him was because i wasnt sure if he was going to declare

on the stats page for USC...it says 87 tackles....and no INT or PD...whats up with that?

etk
12-16-2008, 05:47 PM
Just wait another year for Eric Berry! :)

This is getting really annoying. We get it, you like Berry. He's not eligible, and even if he was, he's not the best thing since Jordyz Nelsonz. If you can't stop mentioning his name in every safety thread where he doesn't belong, you should go wait the year on another forum.

Edit: Cook. About 5'10 210. Prototypical size but could use an inch or two. Good speed, great burst, quickness and closing speed. Physical, tough kid that loves to make big hits and tackles. Ridiculous production from the position and has a high % of solo tackles. Not a "special" coverage guy but has the athletic ability to become a complete safety at either free or strong, in any defense.

Comparison: Bob Sanders with more height and less straight-line speed.

CashmoneyDrew
12-16-2008, 05:50 PM
This is getting really annoying. We get it, you like Berry. He's not eligible, and even if he was, he's not the best thing since Jordyz Nelsonz. If you can't stop mentioning his name in every safety thread where he doesn't belong, you should go wait the year on another forum.

Oh get over it. It's a joke. Jesus. Besides, I'm not the one who's pimping Eric Berry the most, and when I do talk about him it's mostly in the college forum.

gameplaya2435
12-16-2008, 05:50 PM
Call it homerism, but Michael Hamlin out of Clemson is a solid safety after the likes of Rashad Johnson and Chung are off the board.

Cigaro
12-16-2008, 05:52 PM
ah yes, i want to know about cook as well. only reason why i didnt list him was because i wasnt sure if he was going to declare

on the stats page for USC...it says 87 tackles....and no INT or PD...whats up with that?

He's pretty good in coverage, but we use him a lot in the box.

foozball
12-16-2008, 05:56 PM
out of chung and cook...who is better in coverage? both seem to be pretty similar in their physical style of play and hitting ability.

doingthisinsteadofwork
12-16-2008, 06:03 PM
Brutons a pretty reliable tackler.

diabsoule
12-16-2008, 06:30 PM
Louis Delmas
Michael Hamlin
David Bruton
Chip Vaughn

SuperKevin
12-16-2008, 06:33 PM
Call it homerism, but Michael Hamlin out of Clemson is a solid safety after the likes of Rashad Johnson and Chung are off the board.

I really like Michael Hamlin too as a centerfielder kind of safety

jnew76
12-16-2008, 07:54 PM
Derek Pegues gets overlooked because Miss St. is so bad, but I really like him. Like him as a coverage safety, and he is not afraid to hit either.

scottyboy
12-16-2008, 08:02 PM
Courtney Greene will be an excellent in the box type of safety. Typical strong safety who will hit. Needs to work on his pure speed and lateral movement, but has very good hands for a hard hitting safety

foozball
12-16-2008, 08:42 PM
How about Shane Carter from Wisconsin? He didn't have a great year this year, but he had 7 interceptions last year and he's got good size/speed. He's a senior with junior eligibility. Any chance he comes out?

HellonEarth84
12-17-2008, 02:03 AM
Kam Chancellor.

He is a Junior. I think he will stay in school. He could be a Top 15 Pick in 2010.

HellonEarth84
12-17-2008, 02:05 AM
Kevin Ellison at SS

eaglesalltheway
12-17-2008, 06:46 AM

I also like Hamlin, he doesn't get much attention bu is a very blanced Safety, with good production over the past few years.

eaglesalltheway
12-17-2008, 06:48 AM
Brutons a pretty reliable tackler.

I also really, really like David Bruton. I wold love if the Eagles got him in the second or thrid to be Dawk's successor.

eaglesalltheway
12-17-2008, 06:49 AM
I figured i would just stop and say there are a ton of Safeties in this class that I really, really like.

DiG
12-17-2008, 08:13 AM
Chung is a baller. He has a lot of range in him and can cover a lot of ground quickly. Oregon has lined him up all over the place. Sometimes at S, CB, and even LBer. He's obviously a big hitter in the box and he says he prefers to play closer to the line and drop back to coverage but I think he has the abilities to play coverage if needed. He should prove to be a solid pick up for a team in the 2nd round.

Staubach12
12-17-2008, 01:36 PM
This is a very, very good year for safeties. Louis Delmas has been hot lately. He's a very solid player. Michael Hamlin is a good hawk type player. David Bruton is underrated by most.

Menardo75
12-17-2008, 01:41 PM
After Mays Rashad Johnson is my next favorite safety. Ballhawk maybe could slip into the end of the first round depending on how he tests.

JaxJag_1
12-17-2008, 02:22 PM
I love Rashad Johnson, he's the complete package, great in coverage, very smart and instinctive, and a good tackler and very physical

bored of education
12-17-2008, 02:48 PM
CJ Spillman

http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/showthread.php?t=26913

this guy right here

peep that thread

The Legend
12-17-2008, 02:51 PM
Sean Smith is a CB right now but I think he is going to move to FS. That kid is going to be something.

SuperKevin
12-17-2008, 02:52 PM
Sean Smith is a CB right now but I think he is going to move to FS. That kid is going to be something.

I think he'll be given a shot to play CB much like Antrell Rolle was

Turtlepower
12-17-2008, 02:53 PM
I think he'll be given a shot to play CB much like Antrell Rolle was

And then most likely fail.

bored of education
12-17-2008, 02:55 PM

tp
/fail

Spillman is a beast guys!

SuperKevin
12-17-2008, 02:55 PM

Sean Smith has a much better chance to succeed at CB then Rolle did. Smith's hips actually can rotate

YAYareaRB
12-17-2008, 03:09 PM
Nic Harris reminds me a lot of Thomas Davis.. I dunno if that's a good thing but whatever.

Heywood Jabuzof
12-17-2008, 04:07 PM
Patrick Chung may be the best safety in this draft.

I'm not a huge Mays fan. Seems like a workout warrior.
Moore has had a pretty bad year. I watched him play Oklahoma, and he seemed very slow, even by college standards.

Chung is the complete package.

PACKmanN
12-17-2008, 04:10 PM
why no love for Patrick Chung? edit: or Michael Hamlin?

SuperKevin
12-17-2008, 04:11 PM
I would like Patrick Chung a lot more if he would agree to go by the name Wang.

bball2223
12-17-2008, 04:19 PM
I also really, really like David Bruton. I wold love if the Eagles got him in the second or thrid to be Dawk's successor.

He is a very good centerfield FS type. Good tackler, has pretty good range, and is a good athlete. Two bad cover corners and a below average front 7 have left him out to dry at times this year. 2nd-3rd round is probably a good bet for him.

Menardo75
12-17-2008, 07:05 PM
Nic Harris reminds me a lot of Thomas Davis.. I dunno if that's a good thing but whatever.

I think Nic Harris will end up being an OLB in the NFL just like Davis. That is not a bad comparison. Harris is much bigger though.

holt_bruce81
12-17-2008, 07:18 PM
Patrick Chung is my 2nd favorite safety in this draft. Very good in run support and in pass coverage. His speed may hurt him a bit.

Heywood Jabuzof
12-17-2008, 08:39 PM
Patrick Chung is my 2nd favorite safety in this draft. Very good in run support and in pass coverage. His speed may hurt him a bit.

He returned either kicks or punts at one point. How can you question his speed?

He's the complete package. Just a flat out football player.

SuperKevin
12-17-2008, 09:01 PM
He returned either kicks or punts at one point. How can you question his speed?

He's the complete package. Just a flat out football player.

Returning kicks is more about patience and vision then pure speed. It's how a guy like Joe Burnett can be a big time return man despite rumors of running a 4.6 40

foozball
12-18-2008, 09:46 PM
i want some more info on michael hamlin. 6 INTs so he must have very good ballskills. how is he againt the run? is he physical? does he wrap up?

SuperKevin
12-18-2008, 09:48 PM
i want some more info on michael hamlin. 6 INTs so he must have very good ballskills. how is he againt the run? is he physical? does he wrap up?

Really won't offer much against the run. He's more of a centerfielder

jayceheathman
12-21-2008, 11:17 PM
I could see Derrick Richardson getting drafted in the late stages of day two. Not too bad of a prospect.

Smokey Joe
12-21-2008, 11:25 PM
Rashad Johnson is personally my favorite safety in the whole draft. The guy is a football player, and a leader on and off the field.