PDA

View Full Version : Top LDE's

BuckDawg23
12-16-2008, 05:49 PM
Who are the top LDE's in this draft for a 43 defense, the guys that will be lining up over the Right Tackle.

foozball
12-16-2008, 08:12 PM
tyson jackson?

Texas Homer
12-17-2008, 01:29 AM
Henry Melton Sr. Texas. Strongside DE prospect.mid round guy.

I think this guy is just starting to pop up on scouts lists. He is converted DE from RB. He scored 16 TD's as a RB and converted to DE as a Jr. . He is a Sr. now and starting to look really good. He is really athletic(He was listed as an All around Athlete position coming out of high school). He has good bloodlines(Uncle Ray Crockett). He is listed at 6'3 260. His Defensive stats for the year are not overwhelming, but he has been pretty disruptive and in the backfield a lot.

He is still learning the position, but I could see him getting picked in the 5th or 6th round and end having a good career in the NFL.

CashmoneyDrew
12-17-2008, 01:33 AM
Kyle Moore has the measurables but is lacking in production. Pannel Egboh is another possibility although some see him as a 3-4 DE. Tyson Jackson's kind of in that same boat.

Mr. Stiller
12-17-2008, 01:54 AM
I think Robert Ayers of Tennessee is a riser who could be a staple at LDE...

I think Mitch King would be an interesting guy... He plays UT now but he has the athleticism to possibly play some LDE.

3 Sleepers:Marcus Hands, East Carolina, Marcus Benard~ Jackson state... Ryan Kees, St. Cloud State

Race for the Heisman
12-17-2008, 08:24 AM
I like Neefy Moffett of FSU but he really isn't prototypically built and I'm not entirely sure he'll get drafted.

foozball
12-28-2008, 04:05 PM
anyone with info on derek walker from illinois? 6'4 270lbs had 6 sacks this year. 4th-5th rounder?

etk
12-28-2008, 04:06 PM
I like Neefy Moffett of FSU but he really isn't prototypically built and I'm not entirely sure he'll get drafted.

Greg Spires clone.

I'll say Matt Shaughnessy. He's got a huge frame.

PACKmanN
12-28-2008, 04:30 PM
Greg Spires clone.

I'll say Matt Shaughnessy. He's got a huge frame.
will the same thing happen to him like every other hyped Wisconsin d-linemen?

etk
12-28-2008, 04:35 PM
He's not gonna be a well-known pass rush extraordinaire, but he could be a very solid balanced DE that starts several years in the league.

TitanHope
12-28-2008, 05:02 PM
I think Robert Ayers of Tennessee is a riser who could be a staple at LDE...

Huzzah! I was just thinking that but didn't wanna be the Tennessee Homer!

But since I didn't say it first...

Robert Ayerz is horrifically under-rated, and would make a good rotational LE.

BuddyCHRIST
12-28-2008, 06:25 PM

He is a football player, has always made plays despite never getting much pub. And definitely isn't just a product of playing opposite Everette.

Larry121283
12-28-2008, 08:01 PM
Greg Hardy, Ole Miss
Pannel Egboh, Stanford
Jarron Gilbert, San Jose State (one of the more underrated players in the draft right now)
Derrick Walker
Stryker Sulak
Jarius Wynn