PDA

View Full Version : Kevin Curtis

familyguy555
03-03-2007, 04:53 PM
so whats going on with curtis? this will also be the thread to celebrate when we get him

TacticaLion
03-03-2007, 05:22 PM
From mlive.com:
Curtis wants to be a Lion, but there's a snag
Kevin Curtis wants to play for the Lions and he's on his way to Detroit, but a deal is far from done.

Several sources have said the Lions and Curtis were close to a deal as free agency opened, but that Curtis' agent wanted to wait to see what the market would be for receivers. That market went up significantly this morning with the news that Drew Bennett signed a deal with St. Louis that will pay him an average of $4.5 million per year.

The Lions know the price has gone up, but it appears they're willing to pay it. Lions president Matt Millen wants to make sure he doesn't go 0-for-2 in his top two free agency targets -- Curtis and London Fletcher.

Also, Curtis wants to play for coordinator Mike Martz again so, if the money is close, he'll opt to sign with Detroit. If the Lions increase their contract offer, the deal should be done later today or Sunday. We'll see.

Notredameleo
03-03-2007, 08:40 PM
He arrived at Allen Park tonight, and will visit with the team in the morning. I think we definately get him, but i jsut hope we dont overpay.

Newbs24
03-03-2007, 08:43 PM
He arrived at Allen Park tonight, and will visit with the team in the morning. I think we definately get him, but i jsut hope we dont overpay.

I really don't know what overpaying would be. I still hope that Mike Williams can get into shape and become a factor. It wouldn't hurt to have 4 solid WRs to run in and out with this offense.

Pocket
03-03-2007, 08:47 PM
If we get Curtis, I think Mike Williams will be out at the end of this (upcoming) season.

wingboy2999
03-04-2007, 04:28 PM
I hope he is as good as signed.

As far as BMW... I wish people would realize that he has always been that big. He isn't just going to get small.

WMD
03-04-2007, 04:59 PM
Apparently they're bringing in Shaun McDonald for a visit.. So they're either trying to put pressure on Curtis to sign... or they'll sign both and get rid of Mike Williams..

P-L
03-04-2007, 05:48 PM
If Drew Bennett got $4.5 million per year, then you have to figure that Curtis will get less than that. Bennett is a very good #2 and a borderline #1. On the other hand, Curtis is a very good #3 and a borderline #2. I think he'll end up getting around $3.5-$4 million per year. Which I don't think is too bad.