PDA

View Full Version : S Kevin Ellison,USC

Texas Homer
12-17-2008, 01:19 AM
Is he strictly a SS at the next level?? I was wondering if anyone thinks he can play FS in the NFL.

Also what round do people expect him to go in? I'm guessing the 2nd, but I have no idea.

Whenever I hear people talking DB's from USC, me or someone else will bring up Taylor Mays, and then I hear someone chime in that Ellison is just as good of a player.

I don't watch too much USC football so I was wondering what people on here opinions are on Ellison.

HellonEarth84
12-17-2008, 01:45 AM
good player. 2 round.

Burns336
12-17-2008, 02:59 AM
He's a good college safety. Always around the ball. Great in run support.

Most people think he might be too big and too slow to play S at the next level though. Think Darnell Bing, another USC safety who tried to convert to LB but didn't have any success.

I like Ellison a lot when I watch him play. I'm also a USC homer.

The combine will determine a lot. If he times well and people think he is fast enough, I think he could be ok. His instincts as an in-the-box guy seem very good. He's a bit of a wild card until it is determined whether or not he is fast enough to play S.

Saints-Tigers
12-17-2008, 03:11 AM
Every time I watch USC, he seems like far and away the best player on the defense. Maybe not as a pro prospect, but he's definitely the impact player that sticks out to me.

Race for the Heisman
12-17-2008, 08:22 AM
Fourth round. Everyone detracts from Mays saying he doesn't make plays because all USC does is player Cover 1. That works both ways regarding Ellison, too. As said, I question both his injury history and and his ability to play the pass and there's about five guys I'd take before him in the second in Johnson, Bruton, Pegues, Cook, and Delmas and two guys I think I'd take before him in the third in Chip Vaughn and Michael Hamlin. I don't think all of these guys will necessarily be gone by the end of round three, so I'd put Ellison in round four or later.

Staubach12
12-17-2008, 01:27 PM
He's not a safety at all. Too slow, too big, not good enough in coverage. He's possibly a LB in a Cover 2 with some damn good coaching. I wouldn't touch him 'till the 5th.

Menardo75
12-17-2008, 01:31 PM
He is a great in the box SS. I see him in the pros though getting moved to OLB in a tampa two scheme. Pretty much what happened with Cato June.