PDA

View Full Version : Trade with Houston or Atlanta???

Newbs24
03-03-2007, 05:27 PM
It looks like boith of those teams have contacted the Browns (3rd Overall pick) and asked if they would be willing to move their #3 pick. This is taken from the article I have seen:

Falcons and Texans jockeying for Browns' pick

The Atlanta Journal-Constitution is reporting that both the Atlanta Falcons and Houston Texans are interested in the Browns third overall draft choice. The Falcons want Calvin Johnson and the Texans are after Adrian Peterson.

Apparently, the Browns would want Matt Schaub, the 10th pick overall, and a first rounder in 2008 from the Falcons. The Texans have Carr, the 8th pick overall, and additional picks to offer.

I hope Millen has atleast listened to the call if he has goten one. That would be a steal if they could do that because they would still be inline to draft a defensive guy that could help. Plus get a guy (Carr or Schaub) that I think could do more in the Martz offense than Quinn or Russell. I know we have Kitna but I think Schaub could easily be a starter and make a real case for taking over for Kitna if he struggles. I would hope if Detroit catches wind of this rumor, thwey would pick up the phone and inquire about it. What do you guys think?

detroit4life
03-03-2007, 06:16 PM
if we got schaub he'd probably leave in FA next year anyway so we'd have to work out a deal

TacticaLion
03-03-2007, 07:33 PM
I would rather have picks than either player...

JoeMontainya
03-03-2007, 07:54 PM
If the Lions trade for Vilma, then maybe ATL will trade with us to draft CJ?

Id take Shaub, 10th overall pick, and 2008 1st RD draft pick.

Newbs24
03-03-2007, 08:04 PM

What would the Lions have to give up to get Vilma? He seems like he would be a 2nd round pick at a very low value. The kid is gonna be a monster real soon. I can't see why the Jets would trade the centerpiece of their D.

SimonRath
03-03-2007, 08:07 PM
hey Newbs24.. The Lions would have to give up a whole lot more than just a 2nd round pick.. And he is already a monster, he wont be one real soon cause he already is.

Newbs24
03-03-2007, 08:11 PM
hey Newbs24.. The Lions would have to give up a whole lot more than just a 2nd round pick.. And he is already a monster, he wont be one real soon cause he already is.

I hadn't heard any of the rumors and saw that it could be:
Jets giving-- #25 pick, late 2nd and Vilma
Lions giving - #2 pick

I would have to do it. I love Vilma. He and Ernie as our LBs would be something to be desired. I love guys from the state of Florida at LB and we would have 2 of the better ones in the league.

SimonRath
03-03-2007, 08:13 PM
Vilma is a great LB, and could be the best in the game soon.. I think he is worth a 1st and 2nd or 1st and 3rd.. Yea Ernie and Vilma would be frickin fast and would tackle every running play

Newbs24
03-03-2007, 08:20 PM
Vilma is only 25 and will be hitting his prime at a time where he could help propel the Lions out of the gutter. Hopefully the Professor John Clayton is not blowing smoke and it works out. Their late 2nd is the 59th pick also. That is very good value for the #2 pick. That would be 4 picks in 41 selections that could come in and play early.

Pocket
03-03-2007, 08:20 PM
Vilma is a great LB, and could be the best in the game soon.. I think he is worth a 1st and 2nd or 1st and 3rd.. Yea Ernie and Vilma would be frickin fast and would tackle every running play

The trade is...

We give our first

We get their first, their second and Vilma.

Correct me if I am wrong please.

Pocket
03-03-2007, 08:21 PM

To get Vilma, we'd have to trade our first rounder.

Newbs24
03-03-2007, 08:41 PM
The trade is...

We give our first

We get their first, their second and Vilma.

Correct me if I am wrong please.

No correction needed. I have heard that we also have to include a 5th round pick but we have 3 of them so it doesn't hurt. This trade has me excited. If we get Vilma I would go crazy.

Notredameleo
03-03-2007, 08:44 PM
I would also go crazy if we got VILMA

TacticaLion
03-04-2007, 07:16 AM
To everyone that keeps saying how Vilma is the "centerpiece of the Jets D"... not anymore. Vilma is not a 3-4 MLB, and struggles in that defense. The trade was:

Lions 2nd overall

Jets Vilma
Jets 1st round pick
Jets 2nd round pick

Considering that Vilma doesn't fit their defense, they're really only losing a 1st and 2nd round pick to move from #25 to #2. He fits our defense (and is a beast), so the trade is definately worth it.

It works for both teams.

detroit4life
03-04-2007, 10:46 AM
it would be a great trade gives us an amazing MLB and we're in a position to get a DE CB and OG with our late first and two second. We could also move back up into the first at that point but if we got charles johnson revis and an OG that would be amazing

TacticaLion
03-04-2007, 11:51 AM
it would be a great trade gives us an amazing MLB and we're in a position to get a DE CB and OG with our late first and two second. We could also move back up into the first at that point but if we got charles johnson revis and an OG that would be amazingExactly. Very true.

This class is DEEP in DEs... which means that, if Millen can fill MLB with a Vilma-type player, we can spend the late first on a stud DE, our first second round pick on a CB and the rest as needed. I would be very impressed.

I also heard that Millen had mentioned Al Wilson in the trade for Bly, but Denver refused. I'm glad Millen is looking for these players.

Newbs24
03-04-2007, 11:58 AM
Exactly. Very true.

This class is DEEP in DEs... which means that, if Millen can fill MLB with a Vilma-type player, we can spend the late first on a stud DE, our first second round pick on a CB and the rest as needed. I would be very impressed.

I also heard that Millen had mentioned Al Wilson in the trade for Bly, but Denver refused. I'm glad Millen is looking for these players.

Another good point. Millen seems to realize the value of our players and picks. That is a good thing. Hopefully his days of being enamored over what guys could be are over. He needs to have his coaches in on the decisions and it seems he has gone that route.

TacticaLion
03-04-2007, 12:01 PM
Another good point. Millen seems to realize the value of our players and picks. That is a good thing. Hopefully his days of being enamored over what guys could be are over. He needs to have his coaches in on the decisions and it seems he has gone that route.Agree... and I think last years pick was a good indication of that. Without Marinelli, the draft would've been different for us.