PDA

View Full Version : C.J. Gable

Halsey
12-18-2008, 12:02 AM
I've only watched this guy play a few times, but everytime I see him he looks impressive. He's a third year sophomore and I haven't heard a thing about him possibly declaring, but I was wondering what other people think about him.

Edit: What about Damian Williams, since I brought up another USC third year sophmore. He's looked pretty impressive when I watch him.

etk
12-18-2008, 07:41 AM
Yeah I always felt Gable was the most impressive USC back when I watched their games this year. He's probably the best pro prospect in their backfield as he can be an effective inside/outside runner and return kicks. He probably fits best in a 2-back system but guys like Steve Slaton are carrying the load know so who knows. I like him because he's a game-breaker but he knows how to run north-south unlike Bush/McKnight.

As a comparison, I'd say he resembles Cadillac Williams because of his slashing running style and build. Gable has more speed and elusiveness while Cadillac has a stronger lower body.

BrabbitMcRabbit
12-18-2008, 10:40 PM
Junk IMO. Not enough bulk. Not enough moves.

He's able to excel in college because he's athletic and he has a good supporting cast, but I don't think his skill set translates well to the NFL at all.

Menardo75
12-19-2008, 01:16 AM
Honestly Gable is garbage at RB. I would take any of the other guys on the roster over him. Williams though I think could be a solid slot in the NFL, best receiver on that team.

Zyro_1014
12-19-2008, 03:36 AM
Yeah I always felt Gable was the most impressive USC back when I watched their games this year.

Stafon Johnson is by far our best back.

Gable is very up and down for us, you never know what youre gonna get out of him, if he brought his A game and ran hard every game then he would be one hell of a prospect.

santeria531
12-19-2008, 01:12 PM
Junk IMO. Not enough bulk. Not enough moves.

He's able to excel in college because he's athletic and he has a good supporting cast, but I don't think his skill set translates well to the NFL at all.

Garbage? You've got to be kidding.... What has he done to be considered "garbage?" I agree that no Trojan back has done anything to be considered an elite NFL prospect due to their 4-back system, but to call Gable garbage is completely ridiculous! He splits time w/ Johnson & Gable and never gets into his groove, yet he still has averaged 6.0 ypc this season. I don't want to say this is an example of 'SC hatred, but it's looking like it.

foozball
12-19-2008, 01:19 PM
id say stafon johnson is the best back/prospect just looking at the numbers. 5'11 215lbs is more than solid for an everydown back.

i wanna see what marc tyler can do

Halsey
12-19-2008, 02:01 PM
Any opinions on Damian Williams? He has looked impressive the few times I've seen him and doesn't look to fit the big slow Mike Williams/Dwayne Jarrett mold.

Menardo75
12-19-2008, 02:12 PM
I think Damien Williams is the best reciever on that team. If he has a good senior year next year I could easily see him going late first day, and be in the same role Steve Smith is in in the pros.

I honestly think Marc Tyler will be the best back of all the ones they have. Gable needs to get moved back to safety.

JFLO
12-19-2008, 03:11 PM
I'm honestly not a big fan of any USC running back at this point because they haven't had the time to mature into a good back that has potential in the NFL. One player that I thought would have a good future(forbidding anymore injuries) is Marc Tyler. I don't think he is going to get any good playing time soon because of guys like Joe McKnight, Stafon Johnson, Allen Bradford and Broderick Green.

Due to the excessive amount of running backs, I wouldn't look for a decent back out of USC for the next 1-3 years. The only exception might be McKnight, who seems to be the go to guy for the next year or two.

Comphockey7
12-19-2008, 03:27 PM
Green has transferred so that's one less guy.

I would love to see these guys in a one back offense and see how they do, but its just not going to happen. If they were concerned about it they would of went somewhere else, but they went to USC. Which should tell you at least one thing about them, they want to win.

JFLO
12-19-2008, 03:38 PM
I think Damien Williams is the best reciever on that team.

I agree for now, but Ronald Johnson will change that come next year.

BrabbitMcRabbit
12-22-2008, 02:34 AM
Garbage? You've got to be kidding.... What has he done to be considered "garbage?" I agree that no Trojan back has done anything to be considered an elite NFL prospect due to their 4-back system, but to call Gable garbage is completely ridiculous! He splits time w/ Johnson & Gable and never gets into his groove, yet he still has averaged 6.0 ypc this season. I don't want to say this is an example of 'SC hatred, but it's looking like it.

Okay, mark it down and check back in four years. He won't do squat in the NFL. He'll be lucky to even make a pro roster. I say this as someone who follows the Trojans pretty closely and has seen CJ in person in this season. He doesn't have the goods.

Zyro_1014
12-23-2008, 03:40 PM
I agree for now, but Ronald Johnson will change that come next year.

I think Williams might be a better all around reciever but RoJo is definately the deep threat we have been missing.

HorusKing
12-23-2008, 04:51 PM
CJ Gable is very talented but I think he need to stay for at least another season to get stronger and to put up better numbers to justify leaving early.

Comphockey7
12-23-2008, 05:15 PM
CJ Gable is very talented but I think he need to stay for at least another season to get stronger and to put up better numbers to justify leaving early.

I can't see him putting up better numbers than what he has now. Its not a knock on him, but USC just has to many running backs for any one of them to put up extremely good numbers. Gables numbers weren't to bad to begin with 101 attempts, 604 yards, 6 per carry, 8 touch downs. You can kind of project what kind of numbers he might have with 20 carries a game.

Him declaring might not be such a bad idea.

HorusKing
12-23-2008, 06:32 PM
I can't see him putting up better numbers than what he has now. Its not a knock on him, but USC just has to many running backs for any one of them to put up extremely good numbers. Gables numbers weren't to bad to begin with 101 attempts, 604 yards, 6 per carry, 8 touch downs. You can kind of project what kind of numbers he might have with 20 carries a game.

Him declaring might not be such a bad idea.Here is the problem with him leaving early he hasn't proved he can be the lead back on full time basis. When Reggie Bush & Lndale White were there no one else could get into the rotation because they were both so dominate and were lead backs CJ Gable is very talented but no one has established themself from the other and that is why the coaching staff use all of them. Not one one them has done with Knowshon Moreno has done at Georgia even though Caleb King is just as talented but he couldn't establish himself like Moreno.