PDA

View Full Version : Lions take Crabtree #1?

IBleedGreen18
12-18-2008, 04:08 PM
Come on, how awesome would it be if the lions took Crabtree with the top pick. I know Millen isn't the GM anymore, but come on. For one that would be nasty with him and Johnson. For two, it would just be unbelievable for comedic purposes.

You think Millen is sitting at home just watching TT games drooling?

RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES
12-18-2008, 04:09 PM
it would be cool to have those type of wrs on a team but dumb considering your team had two really good wrs and still didnt do well so i think it would be a horrible pick

IBleedGreen18
12-18-2008, 04:13 PM
It wasn't really a serious suggestion...

By the way, not only has there been a trend of WRs now, but apparently OTs too. With GC last year they made it so 7 of the last 9 drafts they took either a WR or OT in round 1. Man this organization is awesome...

Olympia Martin
12-18-2008, 04:14 PM
No shot, although it would definitely be amusing. Who would throw to them? Maybe take Nate Davis or Josh Freeman in round 2? But then why wouldn't you just take Stafford at #1 overall or even Bradford if he's your guy. QB is #1 overall pick, I really cant see any way they pass on a QB. I think if they did draft Crabtree they should hire Millen as Head Coach.

gameplaya2435
12-18-2008, 05:20 PM
I'd lol if they did

regoob2
12-18-2008, 05:22 PM
It would be funny I guess. I think the Lions will get back on the right track after this draft. (Insert Chris Farley youtube video)

Notredameleo
12-18-2008, 06:40 PM
Shut up.....I swear if I hear another dumba$$ comment about WR's again im going to shoot myself!! And we took gosder last year and the last olinemen we took was Backus in 01 I believe, so how is that every draft?

CroomDawgs
12-18-2008, 07:42 PM
Shut up.....I swear if I hear another dumba$$ comment about WR's again im going to shoot myself!! And we took gosder last year and the last olinemen we took was Backus in 01 I believe, so how is that every draft?

You have by far the most amazing avatar ever

BmoreBlackByrdz
12-18-2008, 08:00 PM
Whoa, Crabtree and Johnson would be pretty nasty. Doesnt make sense though. Really wish Millen was still there, just to see them take Crabs.. lmao.

georgiafan
12-18-2008, 08:11 PM
They could take him with the 2nd 1st round pick If he runs a slow 40 time.

Michigan
12-18-2008, 08:53 PM
We already tried that once. The best player in college football (Charles Rogers) + freak athlete (Roy Williams) + giant red zone threat (Mike Williams). Didn't work out too well...

DetroitInDaHouse
12-18-2008, 08:58 PM
We already tried that once. The best player in college football (Charles Rogers) + freak athlete (Roy Williams) + giant red zone threat (Mike Williams). Didn't work out too well...

I blame that on poor coaching poor oline play and poor qb.

Splat
12-18-2008, 08:59 PM
As long as he doesn't go to the Raiders I'm fine.

Vikes99ej
12-18-2008, 09:14 PM
As long as he doesn't go to the Raiders I'm fine.

Honestly, would it really matter?

Xiomera
12-18-2008, 09:28 PM
I have been enlightened by this thread.

holt_bruce81
12-18-2008, 09:41 PM
It would get a good laugh from a lot of people.

Solomon
12-18-2008, 09:46 PM

You tried that with Calvin Johnson too and hit the nail on the head. Johnson and Williams were both good picks. Rogers was as well but injuries derailed his career. Mike Williams was just a bad decision but were plenty of fans and NFL journalists who were praising the selection when it happened.

Obviously the Lions have too many needs at other spots to choose a WR #1, nonetheless if Crabtree looks like the best player in the class come draft day then they might at least consider other options.

T-RICH49
12-18-2008, 09:48 PM
Crabtre+Dwayne Bowe = total awesomeness

Solomon
12-18-2008, 09:56 PM

The Chiefs look to land a great player who fits a need regardless of where they look. Crabtree, Stafford, Bradford, Curry or any of the top OTs would all be great picks.

Menardo75
12-19-2008, 01:18 AM
Was this really worth a thread.

Notredameleo
12-19-2008, 01:24 AM
You have by far the most amazing avatar ever

Really? thanks.. yours is awesome too!!

trkaline
12-19-2008, 02:54 AM
Yeah if the Lions don't pick him up he'll be sucked up into the black hole that is the Raiders...How many years of top draft picks does it take to rebuild????

BigBanger
12-19-2008, 04:45 AM
it would be cool to have those type of wrs on a team but dumb considering your team had two really good wrs and still didnt do well so i think it would be a horrible pick
Actually thats a misnomer. The Lions drafted 4 WRs in the top 10 from 2002 to 2007. 3 of whom are major and colossal busts. I don't know how awful Roy Williams has to play before people stop giving him huge contracts and people stop saying he's good, because he had one year where he had over 1,000 yards. Before that and after he's jogged through his routes, made a couple one-handed catches that got him on sprotscenter, and then gets shutdown on a weekly basis. The Lions have never had 2 good WRs... maybe ever. Did Herman Moore have player across from him worth mentioning?

neko4
12-19-2008, 05:39 AM
A little off topic, but I did that in Madden.

Didnt work out that well because the Oline still sucked

Solomon
12-19-2008, 11:48 AM
Actually thats a misnomer. The Lions drafted 4 WRs in the top 10 from 2002 to 2007. 3 of whom are major and colossal busts. I don't know how awful Roy Williams has to play before people stop giving him huge contracts and people stop saying he's good, because he had one year where he had over 1,000 yards. Before that and after he's jogged through his routes, made a couple one-handed catches that got him on sprotscenter, and then gets shutdown on a weekly basis. The Lions have never had 2 good WRs... maybe ever. Did Herman Moore have player across from him worth mentioning?

Roy Williams is not a major and collosal bust. He's still just 26 and has played 5 season in the league. He had a good rookie year in 2004. A disappointing sophomore year in 2005. Back to back very good seasons in 06 and 07. And then had a poor season this year for a variety of reasons. To call him a major and collosal bust is just ridiculous. Obviously if professional NFL evaluaters are willing to trade first rounders for him and give him huge contracts then he isn't as bad as you make him out to be.

The Lions have had two good WRs and it wasn't that long ago either, the Scott Mitchell days. From 1995 through 1997 they had two WRs with over 1000 yards receiving (Herman Moore all three years, Brett Perriman in 95 and 96, Johnnie Morton in 97) as well as a good #3 receiver as well.

Babylon
12-19-2008, 01:13 PM
The Chiefs look to land a great player who fits a need regardless of where they look. Crabtree, Stafford, Bradford, Curry or any of the top OTs would all be great picks.

Way to cover your bases.

Buc Baller12
12-19-2008, 07:04 PM
If I were the Lions I would take Bradford with my pick and take a linemen with the other first rounder and just draft D with the rest of my draft. They have the worst pass D probably in nfl history. They allow high percantage completions and high qb ratings. Hell I could probably pick apart the lions secondary.

Solomon
12-20-2008, 02:23 AM
Way to cover your bases.

I don't think you understand my point. I'm essentially saying that all the Chiefs biggest needs (QB, WR, MLB, OT) have great value at the top of the draft where they likely will be drafting. Positions they don't immediately need to invest in like RB, DT, DB aren't as strong at the top. It's a great situation for them to be in.