Vince Oghobaase DT Duke
Aaron Maybin DE Penn State

NIPS
12-19-2008, 06:47 AM
Wheres Rey Maualuga?

CantStopGregJones
12-19-2008, 06:55 AM
Wheres Rey Maualuga?

When he actually shows any signs of being a football player then I talk about moving him into the Top 32. Until then its a laughable notion.

Staubach12
12-19-2008, 08:09 AM
Spikes over Curry is stupid. Curry is the best LB prospect in a very long time. Spikes just isn't on that level. Maclin at 10 makes no sense. Antoine Caldwell has no business being in the top 32. As far as Maualuga goes, you're wrong and you're so damn sure of yourself it's funny. You're not nearly as good as you think you are.

regoob2
12-19-2008, 08:56 AM
Spikes over Curry is stupid. Curry is the best LB prospect in a very long time. Spikes just isn't on that level. Maclin at 10 makes no sense. Antoine Caldwell has no business being in the top 32. As far as Maualuga goes, you're wrong and you're so damn sure of yourself it's funny. You're not nearly as good as you think you are.
By very long time you mean 1 year. Maybe 2?

hockey619
12-19-2008, 09:56 AM

Thats just not true. Yes, Curry is better than Spikes, i agree with you there. I dont have him as the best LB in a long time though, thats a little much. Patrick Willis and AJ Hawk both were better to me. Curry has size, speed, and a lot of versatility, so hes definitely something special, but hes got nothing on Willis, who i thought was a top three player in his draft class with Johnson and Peterson. I guess I can see where your coming from with your opinion on Curry, but I just disagree.

illmatic74
12-19-2008, 10:07 AM
Current First Round Big Board:
1. Brian Orakpo DE Texas
2. Malcolm Jenkins CB Ohio State
3. Michael Oher OT Mississippi
4. Brandon Spikes ILB Florida
5. Michael Crabtree WR Texas Tech
6. Aaron Curry OLB Wake Forest
7. Eugene Monreo OT Virginia
8. Eric Norwood DE/OLB South Carolina
9. Everette Brown DE Florida State
10. Jeremy Maclin WR Missouri
11. Andre Smith OT Alabama
12. Sam Bradford QB Oklahoma
13. Jason Smith OT Baylor
14. George Selvie DE South Florida
15. Vonte Davis CB Illinois
16. James Laurinatis ILB Ohio State
17. Matthew Stafford QB Georgia
18. Michael Johnson DE Georgia Tech
19. William Moore S Missouri
20. Jermaine Greshem TE Oklahoma
21. Taylor Mays S USC
22. Darius Heyward-Bey WR Maryland
23. Charles Scott RB LSU
24. Chris Wells RB Ohio State
25. Percy Harvin WR Florida
26. Knowhson Moreno RB Georgia
27. D.J. Moore CB Vanderbilt
28. Antoine Caldwell C Alabama
29. Ricky Jean-Francois DT LSU
30. Tyson Jackson DE LSU
31. Sen'Derrick Marks DT Auburn
32. Kenny Britt WR Rutgurs

Just missed:
Connor Barwin DE Cincinnati
Derek Pugues S Mississippi State
Patrick Chung S Oregon
Vince Oghobaase DT Duke
Aaron Maybin DE Penn StateThis board sucks
Brandon Spikes that high is absurd.
Stafford should be higher.
Charles Scott is Chris Wells with less speed, vision, explosion, etc
Michael Oher over Andre Smith and Monroe is just ridiculous.
Eric Norwood way too high.
This is really bad.

CashmoneyDrew
12-19-2008, 10:56 AM

When he actually shows any signs of being a football player then I talk about moving him into the Top 32. Until then its a laughable notion.

Then why is Ricky Jean-Francois so high? He didn't do much this year from what I've heard from LSU fans.

RaiderNation
12-19-2008, 11:31 AM
How isn't Andre Smith in the top 5?

ThePudge
12-19-2008, 01:48 PM
Current First Round Big Board:

28. Antoine Caldwell C Alabama
29. Ricky Jean-Francois DT LSU

Just missed:
Aaron Maybin DE Penn State

This is just hard to swallow. Andre Caldwell is a great college player, he has very good technique and he's able to get physically. Still, he has zero versatility, is rather under-sized, and is not as athletic as the draft's top two Center prospect, Alex Mack and Max Unger. Caldwell, at this point looks to be an early-mid 4th round pick.

Jean-Francois is still living on hype from a season ago, it's time to drop the love for him. He is not even close to the player that Cladue Wroten or Kyle Williams (Rd 3 and 5 respectively) were in college. He should stay in school, without a doubt, and perhaps show some effort or consistency next year. If he did enter this year, I would stay away from him until perhaps the mid 4th-early 5th and select him on upside alone.

Now, Maybin left out is crazy if you have him declaring for the draft. He is perhaps the best of the DE/OLB tweeners, and yes that includes board favorite Brian Orakpo. I will say Orakpo would make a better 4-3 end, but Maybin moves fluidly and has tremendous instincts and quickness as a pass-rusher. If Maybin does, in fact, declare, he should be a top 15-20 pick without a doubt.

Babylon
12-19-2008, 01:52 PM
By very long time you mean 1 year. Maybe 2?

Arguably not even the best this year.

Babylon
12-19-2008, 01:53 PM
Wheres Rey Maualuga?

And Cushing

yourfavestoner
12-19-2008, 02:07 PM
Brandon Spikes>Chuck Norris

Menardo75
12-19-2008, 02:13 PM
I smell troll.

captainjack27
12-19-2008, 02:18 PM
Now, Maybin left out is crazy if you have him declaring for the draft. He is perhaps the best of the DE/OLB tweeners, and yes that includes board favorite Brian Orakpo. I will say Orakpo would make a better 4-3 end, but Maybin moves fluidly and has tremendous instincts and quickness as a pass-rusher. If Maybin does, in fact, declare, he should be a top 15-20 pick without a doubt.

I think Maybin will need to increase his bulk a little, only at 245. However, he's still a 1st rounder at this point and I agree, I think he'd make the best 3-4 tweener.

captainjack27
12-19-2008, 02:23 PM
This picture sums up my feelings on this awful board.

http://images.huffingtonpost.com/2008-07-09-epicfail.jpg

ThePudge
12-19-2008, 02:38 PM
I think Maybin will need to increase his bulk a little, only at 245. However, he's still a 1st rounder at this point and I agree, I think he'd make the best 3-4 tweener.

I would agree with that, he's far from a finished product, and I don't like him all too much at the next level as a 4-3 DE (where I would rank Orakpo, E. Brown, Selvie, and perhaps Larry English ahead). However, his quickness, speed, and fluidity as an athlete, not too mention pass-rushing instincts make him the top 3-4 OLB prospect in this draft in my opinion over the players listed above, in addition to Brian Cushing and Jerry Hughes. At 245, it'd be nice to see him get up above 250-255.

CantStopGregJones
12-21-2008, 02:04 PM
Aaron Curry over Brandon Spikes? I do not agree with at all. Curry the best linebacker in a long time? Obviously you guys just don't even watch him and instead just listen to espn and scott hype.

Antione Caldwell I don't agree with either. He's a very good and very underrated player. Andre Smith gets all the credit for the Bama Oline, but Caldwell dominates on the inside. Smith will have to move inside as well. He's had some problems against speed and in the pros will be dominated just like Leonard Davis and Robert Gallary.

Aaron Maybin needs to add some bulk before he moves up any further, but you're complaining because he's only Top 37?

Ricky Jean-Francois is the only one of the complaints I agree with. He's not spectacular, but he has potentioal and the P word goes a long way in the NFL draft. If he isn't Top 32 then neither is SenDerrick Marks, and if that happened does this draft go without a single first round DT???

Rey Maualuga pathetic. Living off of some hype from big hits on small defensless recievers, backs and QB's. He gets tangles up inside trying to read plays, he has a horrible football IQ, he has terrible side to side movement agility and flexiblitiy. He's not even a sure tackler as he misses several per game. You want and Epic fail its all of you who are just taking in every thing the media tells you and just regurgitating it as your own.

illmatic74
12-21-2008, 02:15 PM
Aaron Curry over Brandon Spikes? I do not agree with at all. Curry the best linebacker in a long time? Obviously you guys just don't even watch him and instead just listen to espn and scott hype.

Antione Caldwell I don't agree with either. He's a very good and very underrated player. Andre Smith gets all the credit for the Bama Oline, but Caldwell dominates on the inside. Smith will have to move inside as well. He's had some problems against speed and in the pros will be dominated just like Leonard Davis and Robert Gallary.

Aaron Maybin needs to add some bulk before he moves up any further, but you're complaining because he's only Top 37?

Ricky Jean-Francois is the only one of the complaints I agree with. He's not spectacular, but he has potentioal and the P word goes a long way in the NFL draft. If he isn't Top 32 then neither is SenDerrick Marks, and if that happened does this draft go without a single first round DT???

Rey Maualuga pathetic. Living off of some hype from big hits on small defensless recievers, backs and QB's. He gets tangles up inside trying to read plays, he has a horrible football IQ, he has terrible side to side movement agility and flexiblitiy. He's not even a sure tackler as he misses several per game. You want and Epic fail its all of you who are just taking in every thing the media tells you and just regurgitating it as your own.Do you really believe Brandon Spikes is a top 4 prospect?

Staubach12
12-21-2008, 04:54 PM
Thats just not true. Yes, Curry is better than Spikes, i agree with you there. I dont have him as the best LB in a long time though, thats a little much. Patrick Willis and AJ Hawk both were better to me. Curry has size, speed, and a lot of versatility, so hes definitely something special, but hes got nothing on Willis, who i thought was a top three player in his draft class with Johnson and Peterson. I guess I can see where your coming from with your opinion on Curry, but I just disagree.

Yeah, we'l just have to agree to disagree. I loved Willis coming out, but Curry is the best prospect since... LaVar Arrington, maybe, IMHO.

Rob S
12-21-2008, 05:02 PM
he wants the shock value......

The Legend
12-21-2008, 05:10 PM
This picture sums up my feelings on this awful board.

http://images.huffingtonpost.com/2008-07-09-epicfail.jpg

This board sucks
This is really bad.

Pretty Much

hockey619
12-21-2008, 05:20 PM
Yeah, we'l just have to agree to disagree. I loved Willis coming out, but Curry is the best prospect since... LaVar Arrington, maybe, IMHO.

Fair enough, although I was impressed with him during the Navy game, which was the first full uninterrupted game of his I had seen. I personally see it as:

Willis

Hawk, Curry

JaxJag_1
12-21-2008, 06:54 PM
I agree with your username, You Can NOT stop Greg "Da Tank" Jones

Are you a Jags fan too, or a FSU fan only?

CantStopGregJones
12-21-2008, 07:20 PM
Any other draft Brian Orakpo is not #1, Malcolm Jenkins is not #2, Brandon Spikes is not #4. What don't you people get about this years draft class is horrible. At the top it is very weak. No one deserves to be considered a Top 5 prosepect, yet you can't just skip the first 5 picks it doesn't work that way. The draft has some very good depth overall, but at the top it is very weak. Get over it.

wicket
12-22-2008, 11:33 AM
This draft Brian Orakpo is not #1, Malcolm Jenkins is not #2, Brandon Spikes is not #4. What don't you people get about this years draft class is average. At the top it is mainly linemen. Just a couple of guys deserve to be considered a Top 5 prospect. The draft has some very good depth overall, but at the top not great. Get over it.
fixed that for you ;) To reply more on basis on the topic. The Oline top in this draft is amazing. This class has the best linebackers in quite a while (not just single prospects but over the board) Only the senior QB's and the DL are bad this year.

CantStopGregJones
12-22-2008, 12:24 PM
fixed that for you ;) To reply more on basis on the topic. The Oline top in this draft is amazing. This class has the best linebackers in quite a while (not just single prospects but over the board) Only the senior QB's and the DL are bad this year.

You're still wrong. Andre Smith will best be used inside or maybe right side. Oher and Monroe both have flaws and are not on the same levl as Thomas, Brown or Long of the last few years. Rey? overrated. Curryvery good,but no Hawk or Willis for sure.

iBoldin
12-22-2008, 12:28 PM
You're still wrong. Andre Smith will best be used inside or maybe right side. Oher and Monroe both have flaws and are not on the same levl as Thomas, Brown or Long of the last few years. Rey? overrated. Curryvery good,but no Hawk or Willis for sure.

Andre Smith has shown he can be a left tackle in the NFL. His hands aren't the greatest, but he can handle speed rushers well, he has the mobility to get to the second level, and is very finesse for a man his size. He'll check in a little under what your used to at left tackle, but he's very capable to be a blindside protector.

bulldog0123
12-22-2008, 12:38 PM
bradford needs to be higher than the three in front of him, other than that pretty good

MarioPalmer
12-22-2008, 01:21 PM
I smell troll.

Yup, thats exactly what this is, his title to his thread says it all, when are people going to learn to completely ignore tools like this?

bulldog0123
12-22-2008, 01:37 PM
who.........

CantStopGregJones
12-22-2008, 02:21 PM
Andre Smith has shown he can be a left tackle in the NFL. His hands aren't the greatest, but he can handle speed rushers well, he has the mobility to get to the second level, and is very finesse for a man his size. He'll check in a little under what your used to at left tackle, but he's very capable to be a blindside protector.

Yeah,and Robert Gallary proved he could play on the left side in the NFL too right? You people will never get it mainly because you let the media do your thinking for you, and Scott pumps your full of his "expert" opinion aka a fan just like you and I with a journalisim degree so his opinioins are "better".