PDA

View Full Version : Mark Sanchez

Buc Baller12
12-19-2008, 06:59 PM
I read an article in the LA times saying that Sanchez requested a draft evulation from the nfl. I don't think he will enter. In my opinion though he would be the third best QB. I still think even if he entred he would still go in the first probably mid to late first. So do you think Sanchez will enter the draft? I am praying that he does so Tampa can take him. :cool:

renegade
12-19-2008, 07:07 PM
No, I do not think he will come out but it is certainly a possibility. I think if he were to come out it would be at the 11th hour, and only if Matt Stafford stays in school.

Zyro_1014
12-19-2008, 07:10 PM
I fully expect Sam Bradford to go now that he has won the heisman and i think that right there will be what keeps Sanchez in school, because without Bradford around he could easily be stepping into the #1 Quarterback spot.

Buc Baller12
12-19-2008, 07:10 PM
Yup. I think Todd Mcshay said it would be wise for him to stay in school for another year. possibly he could be the #1 pick in the 2010 draft.

foozball
12-19-2008, 07:11 PM
no way he comes out. he has a great program at USC that will challenge for a championship. plus, as a QB, he has so much to gain if he stays. right now, he's a mid 1st, but if he stays, he's a top 5 or top 10. like scott said in his blog, the difference in money would be huge.

regoob2
12-19-2008, 07:30 PM
He's probably the front runner for #1 QB if he stays. I think he should and will stay.

RaiderNation
12-19-2008, 07:34 PM
It depends on if Bradford declares. If he does Sanchez will stay, if not he will go. I personally like Sanchez more than Stafford, and have him on the same level as Bradford

regoob2
12-19-2008, 07:35 PM
It depends on if Bradford declares. If he does Sanchez will stay, if not he will go. I personally like Sanchez more than Stafford, and have him on the same level as BradfordSanchez with another year should pass Bradford cause of his arm, system and hype.

BeerBaron
12-19-2008, 07:53 PM
Lets all remember though......It seems like a lot of players, especially QBs, who can be first round picks as juniors go back only to see their stock crash as seniors.

How many millions did Leinart cost himself going back? Would probably have been the first overall pick to the 49ers, went back, and dropped a good 10 spots losing more money than most of us will ever see with each team who passed on him.

Seems like senior QBs just get overevaluated to the point where people can only see their flaws anymore.

Bucs_Rule
12-19-2008, 08:44 PM
Once someone reaches their peak they should enter. Next season they have no where to go but down.

regoob2
12-19-2008, 08:46 PM
Lets all remember though......It seems like a lot of players, especially QBs, who can be first round picks as juniors go back only to see their stock crash as seniors.

How many millions did Leinart cost himself going back? Would probably have been the first overall pick to the 49ers, went back, and dropped a good 10 spots losing more money than most of us will ever see with each team who passed on him.

Seems like senior QBs just get overevaluated to the point where people can only see their flaws anymore.
That's true but Leinart would have been the #1 QB and he was still a top 15 pick. Matt Ryan was a late 1st early second as a junior and stayed and he went to #3.

sbh15
12-19-2008, 09:27 PM
Mark Sanchez is a mid/late-first if he declares this year, top ten if he waits.

holt_bruce81
12-19-2008, 09:45 PM
Eh, I'm not as high on Sanchez as some people are. He has all the tools no doubt but his decision making is below average. I think if he comes out this year he'll be a 2nd/3rd rounder.

sbh15
12-19-2008, 09:48 PM
Eh, I'm not as high on Sanchez as some people are. He has all the tools no doubt but his decision making is below average. I think if he comes out this year he'll be a 2nd/3rd rounder.

You think a senior year will make the difference between him not even being in the first round and being a top five pick? Especially since next years class will probably be much stronger than this year's?

hockey619
12-19-2008, 10:53 PM
Ive said it before and Ill say it again: Of all the draft eligible QBs, Sanchez will be the best once he gets to the pros. He has an aura and self confidence about him, a swagger that cant be measured with a stop watch or completion percentage. I feel very confident that he will be a star in the pros.

All that said, I think he should stay and add some more experience because he still has only thrown 462 passes in his career and only 331 this season. That means in theory that he had to read a defense as he dropped back only 462 times since high school (Im aware some were simple dumpoffs, but for the sake of argument lets assume that he made a read that led to dump it off and that it wasnt just the way the play was designed). Thats not that many times dropping back and reading a defense compared to some guys.

Peyton Manning: 1354 pass attempts
Eli Manning: 1330
Matt Ryan: 1347
Big Ben: 1304
Tom Brady: 711

All the above have been very successful in the NFL. The reason to me is because they got a lot of reps and adjusted to the speed of the college game so that it had slowed down for them and seemed as simple as high school had. If a player hasnt made the adjustment to the speed of the college game completely, then how are they going to adjust to the next level? Its rare that they can, with Brady being one of the few who was a late bloomer and put it all together in the pros. Sanchez was the top rated prospect out of high school, so I think he is not a late bloomer, but with those reps next year hed fall into the same range as Brady in attempts. His experience and consistency issues are the only drawbacks I can see in him as a prospect, and they come with time and are very fixable.

If Sanchez stays, and he should, then he will gain valuable experience and will be prepared to be successful at the next level. If he goes early, then I think his probability of success is a lot lower.

Staubach12
12-20-2008, 12:51 AM
Will he come out? It depends on Stafford and Bradford.

Should he? Hell no. He needs to cook a bit longer.

hockey619
12-20-2008, 09:25 AM
http://www.examiner.com/x-1563-USC-Trojans-Examiner~topic49952-Mark-Sanchez

Reading this, it seems like his strongly debating coming out, more so than I thought he would.

Babylon
12-20-2008, 11:46 AM
I think the fact that he's been there at SC for 4 years and has had some injury concerns probably gets him thinking he should leave. He'll have a very good offense coming back so he could have a great year, so maybe 50-50? I don't think his ranking really changes that much if he comes back. He'll probably be behind Stafford and Bradford this year and Bradford and Snead next year. Just my take.

Smokey Joe
12-20-2008, 12:20 PM
I have been saying for a while now, I think Sanchez will declare. He had a solid, not spectacular season, and has a boat load of talent. I think if he came out, he'd be graded originally as a mid-late first rounder, but after the combine/pro day, I could see a team just fall in love with him and take him in the top 10-15.

If he returned for his senior year, stayed healthy, and improved on his performance this year, I think he could easily be a top 5 pick, if not no. 1 overall. However, he might not want to take the risk of getting seriously injured. He's been plagued by injuries this year, and he might not want to return and see his draft stock go down the tube due to an injury.

Put me on the record of saying that he will declare.

Iamcanadian
12-20-2008, 12:23 PM
I hate QB's who declare as juniors, it is extremely difficult to assess them when they are that raw. However, the reality is that with the NFL and the Union negotiating on rookie salaries and the strong possibility of a bitter long strike in 2010, Many, many juniors may declare this season. This is not business like normal. Agents are going to be warning these prospects that they could be facing a loss in the neighborhood of 30 million dollars by waiting and be faced with a strike which could set back their careers and learning curve.
Given all these circumstances, most of the junior QB's may well declare and pro teams will just have to sort out the best. Next year's draft could go down as the worst in the history of pro football if most of the good juniors come out to avoid the changes in the rookie cap and to get playing before the strike hits.
Sanchez may be a perfect example of a QB forced to declare.

JaxJag_1
12-20-2008, 01:06 PM
I had a friend who asked him on facebook about him coming out or not, and he said he was 55-60 percent on leaning to come out, this was back in October

Comphockey7
12-20-2008, 01:11 PM
Sanchez would be put into a pretty good position if he comes out and is picked around the middle of the first round. He wont be on a horrible team and probably wont have to start right away. He'll miss out on top the draft money, but it would help him in the long run. Then again there is always a chance he is picked in the top 10.

I heard Mitch Mustain is paying off the NFL draft projection board to give him a high grade. 8)

Menardo75
12-20-2008, 01:22 PM
Bradford needs to declare, I think Sanchez should stay another year.

Babylon
12-20-2008, 01:25 PM
Bradford needs to declare, I think Sanchez should stay another year.

It would be interesting to see how scouts would evaluate those two. Sanchez plays in a pro style offense which would give him an advantage. Bradford i think still has to prove himself to scouts. Bradford would be the sexier pick but i'm not convinced he's the better of those two.

Smokey Joe
12-20-2008, 03:05 PM
I love Bradford, but he needs to go somewhere where he won't have to start
for his first and preferably second seasons. He's needs time to adjust to a pro-style offense, and just mature as a QB. He also could use a little bulking up as well, IMO. I think he'd be a great fit for a Mike Martz offense, but I'd hate to go to SF.

Menardo75
12-20-2008, 04:36 PM
It would be interesting to see how scouts would evaluate those two. Sanchez plays in a pro style offense which would give him an advantage. Bradford i think still has to prove himself to scouts. Bradford would be the sexier pick but i'm not convinced he's the better of those two.

I'm only saying Bradford needs to, because he will not have a better year than he had this year. No matter how he plays his stock will never be higher, because we will not top his current numbers. Same thing that happened to Colt Brennan.

for his first and preferably second seasons. He's needs time to adjust to a pro-style offense, and just mature as a QB. He also could use a little bulking up as well, IMO. I think he'd be a great fit for a Mike Martz offense, but I'd hate to go to SF.

He won't go their trust me.

eazyb81
12-20-2008, 05:02 PM

Why does Bradford "need" to sit for a year or two, but Flacco can step in and start from day 1 for Baltimore?

Bradford will have more starts than Flacco had in college;

Bradford and Flacco both played in spread offenses where they worked primarily out of the shotgun;

Bradford worked against elite defense in games and in practice, while Flacco worked against subpar defenses;

Bradford has worked with an outstanding offensive staff the last three years, while Flacco worked with coaches from Delaware.

I think people are focusing way too much on the sophomore next to Bradford's name, when they should be focusing on his experience.

Babylon
12-20-2008, 05:42 PM
Why does Bradford "need" to sit for a year or two, but Flacco can step in and start from day 1 for Baltimore?

Bradford and Flacco both played in spread offenses where they worked primarily out of the shotgun;

Bradford worked against elite defense in games and in practice, while Flacco worked against subpar defenses;

Bradford has worked with an outstanding offensive staff the last three years, while Flacco worked with coaches from Delaware.

I think people are focusing way too much on the sophomore next to Bradford's name, when they should be focusing on his experience.

I think ideally they all sit for a year. Flacco was a little older and probably a little more mature in his game than Bradford.

Cigaro
12-20-2008, 05:42 PM
I think all rookie quarterbacks should sit, especially in a situation like Detroit, if there is someone who doesn't equal automatic loss on the roster, but out of the quarterbacks likely to declare, I'd trust him the most to start from day one.

yourfavestoner
12-20-2008, 05:48 PM
I think people on here are really overrating Sanchez's draft stock. If he declares, I'd wager to bet that he won't get drafted until the second round. Maybe an outside shot at the first round, but some team would have to really, really, really fall in love with him.

eazyb81
12-20-2008, 05:53 PM
I think ideally they all sit for a year. Flacco was a little older and probably a little more mature in his game than Bradford.

Ideally, sure. But my point was that I don't agree that Bradford "needs" to sit for a year or two.

Zyro_1014
12-20-2008, 06:00 PM
I think people on here are really overrating Sanchez's draft stock. If he declares, I'd wager to bet that he won't get drafted until the second round. Maybe an outside shot at the first round, but some team would have to really, really, really fall in love with him.

How are people overrating him? Teams need QB's and there isnt a good amount of them this year that are worth talking about. Hes god first round tools and comes from a pro style offense. I think hes going to stay but i think he will be a 1st rounder either way.

eazyb81
12-20-2008, 06:03 PM
How are people overrating him? Teams need QB's and there isnt a good amount of them this year that are worth talking about. Hes god first round tools and comes from a pro style offense. I think hes going to stay but i think he will be a 1st rounder either way.

Whoa, why didn't you say this earlier? Detroit should take God over Stafford.

Babylon
12-20-2008, 06:06 PM

Mark Sanchez and Jordy Nelson are the same person?

Race for the Heisman
12-20-2008, 07:35 PM
Mark Sanchez and Jordy Nelson are the same person?

You've never heard of being in two places at the same time?

Zyro_1014
12-20-2008, 10:40 PM

yeah you didnt know? ;) lol wow...

MitchRobStew
12-21-2008, 07:34 PM

Because Flacco carried his team. He single-handedly willed his team over UNI, and SIU in the playoffs. Bradford is surrounded by offensive talent far superior to the talent of the defenses he has played. After watching him at the UNI dome and talking to him after the game I knew he would be a first round pick, and would be a very good QB for the next 10 years. He is also far superior to Bradford physically. He has a rocket arm, and huge size. Also, he has a maturity to him above that of Bradford. Just an all around better player. Not a very good comparison.

Menardo75
12-21-2008, 07:45 PM

Because Flacco is older and more experienced as a football player whereas Bradford is not.

katnip
12-21-2008, 07:55 PM
too me he should enter, has all the tools to be a good qb down the line

Zyro_1014
12-21-2008, 08:13 PM
too me he should enter, has all the tools to be a good qb down the line

but he'll go higher next year...

Menardo75
12-21-2008, 08:14 PM

If he stays and has a great year like he should then he should be the top QB next year.

Race for the Heisman
12-21-2008, 10:53 PM

He might go higher, but he might not get paid more depending on how things shake out. That's the kicker.

eazyb81
12-21-2008, 11:17 PM
Because Flacco is older and more experienced as a football player whereas Bradford is not.

Did you even read the post? Flacco had less game experience in college than Bradford will have at the end of this season.