PDA

View Full Version : Packers-Bears, Week 16

GB12
12-19-2008, 11:21 PM
Monday Night

awfullyquiet
12-19-2008, 11:39 PM
Monday Night

and it actually matters because the falcons will beat the vikes tomorrow.

GB12
12-19-2008, 11:40 PM
and it actually matters because the falcons will beat the vikes tomorrow.
Not a chance.

The Falcons will beat them on Sunday.

awfullyquiet
12-20-2008, 09:47 AM
Not a chance.

The Falcons will beat them on Sunday.

What? Huh?

The falcons will beat the vikes. Ergo. The game is meaningful to the bears at least to win to keep any playoff hope alive.

Gay Ork Wang
12-20-2008, 11:56 AM
haha aq he doesnt understand that u are in South Africa where it was saturday ;) he thought u said tommorrow in the states on friday :P

Yatta!
12-20-2008, 01:10 PM
Packers-Bears always matters.

TitleTown088
12-20-2008, 06:13 PM
AQ, you stupid.

Brandon Jackson is hurt and out now too. Yay.

GB12
12-20-2008, 06:35 PM
Good news: Charles Woodson will be playing corner again
Bad news: That means that Rouse will be starting at safety

GreenBayPackers
12-21-2008, 04:17 PM
I hope it'll be the same as last time we faced them

ChezPower4
12-22-2008, 03:48 PM
Will be in the stands for the Packers-Bears game tonight. Hopefully we win so I can see thousands of Bears fans pissed about there season being over :D

The_Dude
12-22-2008, 07:40 PM
Will be in the stands for the Packers-Bears game tonight. Hopefully we win so I can see thousands of Bears fans pissed about there season being over :D

I think that i speak for all Vikings fans when i say that i also hope the packers win. We need all the help we can get!!!

Although it always pains me to say it: Go Pack Go!!

Yatta!
12-22-2008, 09:09 PM
So far so good...

GB12
12-22-2008, 10:56 PM
**** this. My god every single god damn game

jackalope
12-22-2008, 10:56 PM
I'm not sure why, but that game surprised me.

Packer_Backer
12-22-2008, 10:57 PM
So am I the only one who hates McCarthy after this ****? The man never learns!

General Zod
12-22-2008, 10:58 PM
As a vikings fan, I dont like him much either now. lol

princefielder28
12-22-2008, 10:58 PM
So am I the only one who hates McCarthy after this ****? The man never learns!

Conservative play calling kills again

Packer_Backer
12-22-2008, 11:01 PM
It is pretty sad when the announcers are calling your plays for you!! He did this run stuff last year to, only differences is the defense was good enough to mask his horrible playing calling!

Boston
12-22-2008, 11:01 PM
It's kind of funny how you become immune to this kind of thing. If this was last year, I probably would have walked through several walls by now.

jackalope
12-22-2008, 11:03 PM
I blame this one largely on the special teams.

Boston
12-22-2008, 11:04 PM
I blame this one largely on the special teams.

I think we're past the blame game by now.

Packer_Backer
12-22-2008, 11:07 PM
that is part of the problem indeed. Even when we were winning at the start of the year, if we had a lead going into the fourth it was always run, run, run. I mean if it wasn't for the godliness of Woodson we would've have lost to Detroit because of MM. This has been cathartic, thank you everyone.

singe_101
12-22-2008, 11:19 PM
It reminded me of the NFL network game 2 years ago, but the Packers blew it. Did they catch it from the Vikings?

Go Houston.

tjsunstein
12-23-2008, 12:40 AM
One more year for McCarthy with Rodgers under center. If this **** happens again, he's so gone.

TitleTown088
12-23-2008, 12:57 AM
McCarthy isn't going anywhere.

Packer_Backer
12-23-2008, 12:59 AM
McCarthy isn't going anywhere.

You think he is doing a good job?

Boston
12-23-2008, 02:28 AM

Honestly, don't even go there.

Yatta!
12-23-2008, 05:35 AM
I think that loss hurt more than any of the others. We totally outplayed them and still managed to **** it up. The special teams play was just horrible, yes playcalling played a part but there were at least 4 big mistakes on ST, fix any one of those and we would have won.

TitleTown088
12-23-2008, 01:49 PM

Sure do. His play calling in the 4th quarter is about the only thing you can really fault him for.

Defense. Think of where we'd be if the defense had held just a few times.

Bye bye Bobby boy.

Packer_Backer
12-23-2008, 02:38 PM
Sure do. His play calling in the 4th quarter is about the only thing you can really fault him for.

Defense. Think of where we'd be if the defense had held just a few times.

Bye bye Bobby boy.

I would let the fourth quarter play calling go if it was a one time thing, but this has been a consistent problem for him all year and I am pretty sure it was the same last year. My big beef is he does not learn from his mistakes or try to correct them that I can see. The defense definitely is part of the problem to, and I hope a coordinator with a little more imagination is brought in.

PackerLegend
12-23-2008, 05:11 PM
Jarret Bush better not have a job next year.. Im surprised he is still around. The dude sucks balls but for some odd reason people actually think he is good (special teamer). He gets a ton of penalties,h es an idiot and he has no value as a CB. After we stopped the Bears on their 1st drive of the 3rd, they punted and the ball hit who?? Mr. Bush.... make excuses for him whatever that play changed the game a ton. It gave the Bears about 30 yards for a TD and they got it.

TitleTown088
12-23-2008, 05:46 PM
I would let the fourth quarter play calling go if it was a one time thing, but this has been a consistent problem for him all year and I am pretty sure it was the same last year. My big beef is he does not learn from his mistakes or try to correct them that I can see. The defense definitely is part of the problem to, and I hope a coordinator with a little more imagination is brought in.

I have not been a fan of MM's 4th quarter play calling for the most part, but the Packers did get a first down and an excellent chance to win the game with :20 left.

tjsunstein
12-23-2008, 08:49 PM
How much of it can you blame on McCarthy though? We've missed a FG, had one blocked and thrown how many interceptions in the last 4 minutes? Some of it falls on Aaron as much as we don't like to admit but it's only his first year starting.

Packer_Backer
12-23-2008, 09:23 PM
How much of it can you blame on McCarthy though? We've missed a FG, had one blocked and thrown how many interceptions in the last 4 minutes? Some of it falls on Aaron as much as we don't like to admit but it's only his first year starting.

Specifically last game when we were in striking distance he ran it the gut three times in a row. He did that in our wins early in the season to; if we had a lead he tries to run out the clock. Problem is we need our pass to setup the run so it is largely ineffective. What made me snap yesterday was with how good are offense was going for the most part, settling for the field goal when we could have tried for a touchdown irked me a lot.I have watched every game this year so it's probably mostly just frustration from all the close losses, I will be quiet now.

GB12
12-23-2008, 10:54 PM
What made me snap yesterday was with how good are offense was going for the most part, settling for the field goal when we could have tried for a touchdown irked me a lot.I have watched every game this year so it's probably mostly just frustration from all the close losses, I will be quiet now.
That's ridiculous. You don't try for the touchdown when you're on the 20 and can run the clock down to 25 seconds. Everything about that was right. We passed until we got inside the 25 and then ran it to wind down the clock. If anyone has a problem with that play calling I don't have much respect for their opinions. Everything about that was perfect, it was the special teams that failed on that. A 38 yard field goal at the end of the game has to be made, no excuses. You can't blame McCarthy on that.

There have been games where McCarthy's play calling or decision making (Carolina) has really hurt us, but this was not one of them.

Gay Ork Wang
12-23-2008, 11:07 PM
yea it was the absolute right decision but the wrong execution