PDA

View Full Version : Micah Johnson, MLB, Kentucky

tolnaballa
12-21-2008, 09:33 PM
How good of a prospect is he? I seen he sent his papers into the advisory board.

Got good size 6-2 250, seems to be pretty instinctive. I remember he was an awesome runningback coming out of high school.

ThePudge
12-22-2008, 08:52 PM
He was a top recruit out of high school, as you said, but not much was heard of him since, due to the fact that he attended Kentucky.

Solid player though who has caught some attention in the SEC. He was Kentucky's leading tackler this season, and one of their top defensive performers. He seems fairly athletic and at 250 has plenty of bulk, as well as terrific strength. An interesting fit as a 3-4 ILB I would think due to his physicality. He was suspended due to academic reasons a year ago, so there is a tiny bit of character issue, but I'm assuming that's a minor risk at the most.

At this point, I'd say Mid 3rd-Late 4th in the 2009 draft. However, if he went back to school he could work his way into the first day conceivably. An interesting name to keep an eye out for, be sure to watch him in his bowl game against East Carolina who loves to pound the ball up the middle.

illmatic74
12-22-2008, 11:08 PM
He seems to just be a 2 down thumper to me so far.

Solomon
12-22-2008, 11:36 PM
From what I've seen he is actually pretty good in coverage. A little bit stiff but has good awareness, gets his hands up and tries to play the ball as well as the man, and gets a good drop as well.

I think he could be an absolute stud in a 3-4 D but would also fit in a 4-3. I could see him being a big riser after workouts and scouts pore over his game tapes. Let's keep in mind that at this point last year, Jerod Mayo was considered a second or third rounder.